AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-04-03, 12:30   Link #441
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It really is something or maybe worrisome that Brains was the most compelling part of this episode . Good on him that he managed to accomplish something that for him felt significant. When fighting against a monster way beyond your capabilities any small scratch is something worthwhile.

With Ainz....I don't know. The show goes somewhere with him noticing his utter lack of humanity...and then just drops it. It's not enough show to just acknowledge his lack of care towards human beings. You actually need to follow up on that line! I still have no idea what is going on inside that guy's head.

Good for those hyped for a season 3 coming surprisingly fast. Although...I'm not sure if I'm going to watch it. Season 2 kind of killed my interest in the show. At this point just feels like a continuation of the OP villains continuing their world conquest. And not really being all that interesting while doing it.
Old 2018-04-03, 12:40   Link #442
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Last two episodes were extremely rushed and has little to no impact due to the jumble of events, cut info, and overall lack of passion as the series kinda limped to the finish line.

The only silver lining is that S3 will even exist at all, so we might get to see some cool stuff adapted... But after how this season dropped the ball, I can't say I'm excited for it.
Old 2018-04-03, 13:14   Link #443
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I haven't even seen the last episode yet but I saw the 3rd season announcement.

Heh. I have no words. Sasuga Ainz-sama.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-03, 14:42   Link #444
HandofFate

Feel that Brain being able to cut Shalltear's nail has more to do with her dying and getting weaker than any part in him getting stronger.

Also lol @ Evileye jumping to hug Ainz after the battle.

Also noticed how most of the maids unlike the guardians, are pretty chill with humans in general.
Old 2018-04-03, 14:47   Link #445
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Damn, i'm so hyped for season 3. Great job Mad House, great job. <3

8/10 for season 2 overall, pretty enjoyable even with all the content rushed.
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-03, 15:45   Link #446
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Really enjoyed the finale. Seeing the battle maids fight (well, just Delta and Alpha rofl) was a treat. Man, I wish the maids had more screen time. Them just chilling behind the rubble and talking nonchalantly as Evileye takes on the other two was one of the better moments of the episode for me. So Entoma without her usual cutesy vocal bug sounds horrifying...but still endearing for some reason. Maybe it's the maid outfit. Speaking of Evileye, who knew she was such a cutie behind the mask. Her rushing to hug Momon was adorable.

Even though the battle was a victory, all those missing humans from the capital have been captured. And some have been sentenced to death no less. That's pretty evil! I was hoping that there would be some moments that would reflect on the mass kidnappings.

Overall, the season was disappointing compared to the first mostly on the production. This season looked like a huge downgrade. But I'm excited for season 3.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-03, 15:51   Link #447
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It really is something or maybe worrisome that Brains was the most compelling part of this episode . Good on him that he managed to accomplish something that for him felt significant. When fighting against a monster way beyond your capabilities any small scratch is something worthwhile.

With Ainz....I don't know. The show goes somewhere with him noticing his utter lack of humanity...and then just drops it. It's not enough show to just acknowledge his lack of care towards human beings. You actually need to follow up on that line! I still have no idea what is going on inside that guy's head.

Good for those hyped for a season 3 coming surprisingly fast. Although...I'm not sure if I'm going to watch it. Season 2 kind of killed my interest in the show. At this point just feels like a continuation of the OP villains continuing their world conquest. And not really being all that interesting while doing it.
Season 2 had without the doubt the weakest part of the entire series. Season 3 will have without a doubt the best part. If there would be a season 4 it would probably slightly weaker than season 3 but still better than season 1, so in summary:

Season 3 > Season 4 (if it ever got made) > Season 1 > Season 2

I recommend not to skip it. You want a follow up on Ainz, right? You might get a bit more of that here, escpacially if they decide to adapt vol. 10 in season 3.

Though to be fair, I only read until vol. 11 so I can't say much about vol. 12, but that's because it's a two-parter with the yet unrealeased vol. 13, similar to vol. 5 and vol. 6 where.
Old 2018-04-03, 17:21   Link #448
Wandering Soul

It's great that we got season 3 announcement so soon because that was utter underwhelming as a finale. Hopefully all the developments that were built up in this season pay off in season 3.
Old 2018-04-03, 21:19   Link #449
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

And more pointlessness and complicated plans and not eough of Albedo

6/10 See you in season 3
Old 2018-04-03, 21:46   Link #450
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
I'm not sure if I'm going to watch it. Season 2 kind of killed my interest in the show..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
The only silver lining is that S3 will even exist at all, so we might get to see some cool stuff adapted... But after how this season dropped the ball, I can't say I'm excited for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Even though the battle was a victory, all those missing humans from the capital have been captured. And some have been sentenced to death no less. That's pretty evil! I was hoping that there would be some moments that would reflect on the mass kidnappings.

Overall, the season was disappointing compared to the first mostly on the production. This season looked like a huge downgrade.
I agree with you all
I enjoyed the "Lizards Story" & "Sebs Story" but the last 3 eps sort of tick me off,
and capturing probaly innocent people and children to turn into zombies...that was low.....even for Ainz

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Speaking of Evileye, who knew she was such a cutie behind the mask. Her rushing to hug Momon was adorable.
I enjoyed that sweet moment and if she finds out.....
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-03, 22:07   Link #451
IceHism

Loved that final episode. It just had so much cute and funny moments.
it had renner's awsome smile at the end. https://i.imgur.com/ovZeAtx.jpg

It had the mid battle maid chat where narberal's intelligence got roasted. Evileye is all like "heh i'll fight with all i got" and nabe just having fun. If only they added the part where
Spoiler for skipped stuff:

Also enjoyed the part where aura and mare said that everyone was now a servant. They're so fun and they say the most cruel things despite not looking that menacing.

Momonga bullshitting that he figured out three things was just lul

Can't wait for season 3 for more lulz.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-04, 00:55   Link #452
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-04, 07:22   Link #453
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:

A sword attack that would cut off a nail of Shalltear would probably turn a human into a human plate. And lucky for Brain that he only cut a nail, if he cut something else... like a finger, that could have triggered Shalltear to turn into her lamprey form. Climb and that thief guy sure don't know what to say when Brain is bragging about his accomplishment.

Kidnapping humans just to kill them sure is a new low even for Ains. I'm sure something else will be done to prevent this in season 3.
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-04, 07:29   Link #454
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
A sword attack that would cut off a nail of Shalltear would probably turn a human into a human plate. And lucky for Brain that he only cut a nail, if he cut something else... like a finger, that could have triggered Shalltear to turn into her lamprey form. Climb and that thief guy sure don't know what to say when Brain is bragging about his accomplishment.

Kidnapping humans just to kill them sure is a new low even for Ains. I'm sure something else will be done to prevent this in season 3.
It wasn't just to kill them... they are a valuable resource for Nazarick.
It's a "new low" by human standards... but Nazarick has no real humans (Tuare aside)... so they view them pretty much the same way we view cattle in the real world (most of them).
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-04, 07:44   Link #455
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post

Well the original plan was to farm the lizardmen for his undead army. Oh well humans will have to do...

Well I was a necromancer playing in Heroes of might and magic, you wont see me feeling sad killing thousands of peanuts to farm skeletons..
Old 2018-04-04, 08:07   Link #456
SilverGlavenus

Damn you guys sound like the entire season 2 is made for hyping season 3.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-04, 09:20   Link #457
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I agree that this season expand the story quite a lot, so we could not see enough Mare or Albedo.. I think first half is about Cocytus and the second half is about Sebastian
I'm more interested in how Nazarick govern themselves so I hope they would have an OVA to show how they manage the lizardman and human under their reign

about this season, I think the only precious things that I remember would be that white lizard (which exactly looking like brown house-lizard which is pretty common in my country), Princess Renner (oh man.. I love her twisted smile), and Evileye (from cool-cold character into super dere character)

aside from that, I'm looking forward for the moment when Ains actually conquer kingdoms
thankfully season 3 is not that far away
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-04, 09:23   Link #458
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

This might sound strange to some, but I actually lie the Lizardmen arc the most outta this season coz it feels more like a comprehensive story with "protags" that I can root for (Zaryusu & co). The other arcs sounds like a good idea but the execution is weak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
It wasn't just to kill them... they are a valuable resource for Nazarick.
It's a "new low" by human standards... but Nazarick has no real humans (Tuare aside)... so they view them pretty much the same way we view cattle in the real world (most of them).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Well I was a necromancer playing in Heroes of might and magic, you wont see me feeling sad killing thousands of peanuts to farm skeletons..
But these are real people though. You know, the ones with agency, lives and loved ones? Don't you hear their cry when they lost their family members when Climb found them? Meanwhile, Ainz just brushed it off like they meant nothing and decided to kill them softly. So, it's okay to feel bad for these people in Overlord-verse and it's okay to give Ainz some flak for screwing their lives because he is still human inside. He has great power but, morally speaking, he has no right to mess with the lives of innocent people. If Ainz goes full villain, I can still enjoy his character but speaking as someone bound by morals, I also curse the evil deeds, just like when I watch The Joker in Batman movies.
Old 2018-04-04, 10:06   Link #459
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
But these are real people though. You know, the ones with agency, lives and loved ones?
You could say the same about goblins or kobolds or other mobs that are there to get slaughtered and turned into XP by "brave" adventurers who care not for the widows and orphans they leave behind as they head back to the Adventurers Guild with a bagful of ears to prove their subjugation quest is complete.

Deep down inside Lord Ainz, a level 5 Overlord, a Lawful Evil undead of immense power lurks Suzuki Satoru, a salaryman from Tokyo but in this world it's Lord Ainz that's in charge and for him humans are smart dangerous adversaries at worst and cattle to be harvested at the best. The human races locally would think nothing of destroying the Great Tomb and obliterating all within it, indeed some of them such as the Slaine Theocracy would regard it as a sacred duty. Unfortunately for them he's no level 30 Elder Lich pushover and he's committed to maintaining Nazarick and its NPCs and if that means treating humans as cattle, well mooo!
Old 2018-04-04, 10:19   Link #460
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

It all started with his poor communication with the evil demon Demiurge.
If his boss says "he wants the world" of course he would understand "take over/conquer the world".

And that said demon is acting like a demon he is to achieve a goal he thinks his superior wishes.