AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-04-30, 19:59   Link #4281
Mithfalath
Elegiac Servant

Send a message via Yahoo to Mithfalath
Goodness me, that Subotic-Hummels partnership is probably one of the best pairings in Europe right now.
Old 2013-05-01, 03:13   Link #4282
Mentar
Banned

I want to avoid speaking some distinct French now, but I can't understand how this (censored) piece of (censored) Sergio Ramos was allowed to end this game. I generally have a high opinion of referee Webb, but Ramos should have been sent off with two warnings for boxing/elbowing in the middle of the first half. Instead he was allowed to add 4-5 more till the end of the game. Bah.

Got unnecessarily close at the end, but overall, I'd say that it's been fairly evident that the better team got through. Missing 4 chances of the 100% kind almost cost Dortmund.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 04:36   Link #4283
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

If Bayern plays like they did against Asernal, Barcelona really gonna put 6 past them...

Don't know why but German teams (both at club and international level) has always bottled up when pressure started building up on them
Old 2013-05-01, 08:24   Link #4284
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I want to avoid speaking some distinct French now, but I can't understand how this (censored) piece of (censored) Sergio Ramos was allowed to end this game. I generally have a high opinion of referee Webb, but Ramos should have been sent off with two warnings for boxing/elbowing in the middle of the first half. Instead he was allowed to add 4-5 more till the end of the game. Bah.
Webb is a odd case. Unlike many referees he is able to interpret the rules in a way to keep the game flowing. Which is pleasant for the neutral viewer. However players know they can get away with a lot of nasty little fouls as Webb refuses to make a call that will hurt the overall game. On the other hand he is also error prone in making split second decisions, which is a fairly lethal combination. I don't think he is suited for games at the highest level.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 09:39   Link #4285
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
If Bayern plays like they did against Asernal, Barcelona really gonna put 6 past them...
There, a disinterested haphazard B team played a game which wasn't supposed to matter at all. I doubt that this will happen to their A team in the CL semis.

Quote:
Don't know why but German teams (both at club and international level) has always bottled up when pressure started building up on them
Funny how impressions change ... I remember that in the 80s and 90s Germany was universally hated for playing bad football but winning when it counted. Now Germany is playing fairly attractive football, but loses a lot in semis/finals. Keep in mind that both club and international teams tend to be on the young and inexperienced side. Once they mature, winning championships will follow. And unless I'm very surprised, the CL title will be German after this evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
Webb is a odd case. Unlike many referees he is able to interpret the rules in a way to keep the game flowing. Which is pleasant for the neutral viewer. However players know they can get away with a lot of nasty little fouls as Webb refuses to make a call that will hurt the overall game. On the other hand he is also error prone in making split second decisions, which is a fairly lethal combination. I don't think he is suited for games at the highest level.
It's those nasty hidden fouls which make me mad. I'm more inclined to forgive a rude challenge which misses the ball and hits a player than these "hit him with an elbow" fouls which are designed to provoke and agitate. And Sergio Ramos is one of those scumbags who regularly get away with it.
Old 2013-05-01, 10:43   Link #4286
Bri

Heh yes, Gary Lineker comes to mind: "Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans always win."
Old 2013-05-01, 15:44   Link #4287
Mentar
Banned

Well, that was that, I guess

Mighty impressive. Did anyone ever blow Barcelona out of the water 7:0 on aggregate in an elimination round?

Wow. And this result didn't flatter Bayern in the least. It could have gone much worse.
Old 2013-05-01, 17:49   Link #4288
ChampDream
Alive

Bayern destroy a unknown Barcelona, it seem without Messi they are nothing
so now the German final is going to be a every interesting match
Old 2013-05-01, 20:16   Link #4289
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Me and my coworker/football buddy were watching the second half at a pub during our lunch.

He is a Bayern fan, so of course he's happy. He was expecting Bayern to pass through with Barcelona regaining some honor (a Barca-Bayern 3-1, say).

I'm mostly wondering what the hell happened to Barcelona (okay, Messi, but even then...). Their attacks were ineffectual, easily shut down by the ironclad Bayern defenses; their passing less than sharp; their defenses regularly let Bayern's counterattacks through, which the more clinical side ruthlessly finished. WTFLOLBBQ. Where is the fire, the pride of the best team in Europe? Where is the ruthless hunger? What of the glory of Camp Nou? Real for all the crudeness of the last game acquitted itself better against Dortmund by far.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 23:35   Link #4290
Azuma Denton
~AD~

7-0
Wow, that seems hard to believe.
Well, what I think is that Vilanova is not that good as manager.
Same tactic without any improvement / adapatation to situation.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-02, 01:19   Link #4291
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I'm mostly wondering what the hell happened to Barcelona (okay, Messi, but even then...). Their attacks were ineffectual, easily shut down by the ironclad Bayern defenses; their passing less than sharp; their defenses regularly let Bayern's counterattacks through, which the more clinical side ruthlessly finished.
You're not the only one. Bayern while impressive in their execution didn't do anything new or exotic which other teams hadn't tried before.

Positioning was poor by Barca and their pressing ineffective. Without those they can't set up their energy saving passing triangles that choke the opponent of possession.

What is causing the decline of team exactly is hard to tell. A few key players seem past it like Puyol, Villa and Xavi, others like Pique, Busquets and Fabregas lack discipline and some are just not good enough like Sanchez and Song. The club has also been slow to bleed in the youngsters. Vilanova's absence has made problems worse. Only time will tell if he can handle the pressure to get the team back in line and return to the basics.
Old 2013-05-02, 04:54   Link #4292
Mithfalath
Elegiac Servant

As said in the other forums, watching Vilanova erase a deficit is like Pulis defending a lead.
Old 2013-05-02, 10:56   Link #4293
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Watching the first 5 minutes of that game, and I already clearly see no there is no way out for Barcelona. Barcelona strongest point, is their ability to outplay the opponent in midfield, make the opponent have to set up to counteract them rather than could played their own game. Only a few could survive through Barcelona onslaught that way, unless discipline defend and counter attacks are set up to hit on the break/ set piece (e.g Chelsea or Real)

That does not happen yesterday . Yesterday, they were simply outplayed by Bayern. In fact you can clearly see Barcelona ended up disbanding their tiki-taka game plan, and being led into counter-reacting against Bayern's tactic.In that sense they are so harmless that it's simply pathetic. And honestly, i think their is problem within Barcelona's leadership. You don't see the fire within their player, as if, they were not expecting a comeback right from the start.

I actually hope Bayern to win through, but was disappointed at the lack of competition in it. In fact i hopes the German clubs and national teams will dominate Europe in many years to come. As currently, other major league, Italian, Spanish and EPL has became so corrupted and pathetic with all the flow of cashes, that they simply forget about the game itself. The English FA for example has been all occupied on these silly stuffs that they forgot English clubs has been performing terrible at club levels two years in a row, mile behind European top club, and English team may even miss out World Cup.
Old 2013-05-02, 16:00   Link #4294
Bri

Mou might not be such a bad guy after all.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soc...jose-mourinho/
Old 2013-05-02, 16:10   Link #4295
Blaat

Great article.

Anyway final EL is between Benfica and Chelsea, it was an entertaining match in Lisbon. I expect Chelsea to win in Amsterdam.
Old 2013-05-02, 16:18   Link #4296
Dextro
He Without a Title

I have to say, as a Benfica fan, my heart is racing right now. The last time my club reached a european final I was a wee lad of 3 years of age (and obviously don't remember anything).

I've seen my team go through it's darkest times fighting against an overwhelming control of the championship by the rival F.C.Porto and now we have in our grasp the championship, the UEFA League and the Portuguese Cup. All this without a single loss for the championship yet.

I'm a very happy fan right now. GO BENFICA!
Old 2013-05-02, 16:40   Link #4297
Bri

Chelsea lucked out last year against Benfica (and everyone else). Time to settle the score in Amsterdam.
Old 2013-05-03, 04:36   Link #4298
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I actually hope Bayern to win through, but was disappointed at the lack of competition in it. In fact i hopes the German clubs and national teams will dominate Europe in many years to come. As currently, other major league, Italian, Spanish and EPL has became so corrupted and pathetic with all the flow of cashes, that they simply forget about the game itself. The English FA for example has been all occupied on these silly stuffs that they forgot English clubs has been performing terrible at club levels two years in a row, mile behind European top club, and English team may even miss out World Cup.
Germany is without a doubt the current example to follow in terms of positive football culture. They're investing their financial resources on the aspects that IMHO matter the most: youth academies, solid financial management, efficient facilities and structures. All of this coupled with the low ticket prices and generally enthusiastic response by their fandom.

We (as in Juve) are trying to follow in the very same footsteps, though it's not going to be as easy mostly because of a completely different economical and social context (in Italy) which embraces more than simply the footballing world. It's obviously harder to aim for certain goals when the whole economy of the country is far from being stable.

Still, at the very least I think our efforts so far have been gradually rewarding us and I hope other italian clubs will do the same in the following years, hoping Serie A will regain its attractiveness at a world wide stage. I think we've never fallen behind in terms of football quality, but fans (atleast outside of Italy) are not simply attracted by good football when other problems and issues plague a league.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-03, 14:54   Link #4299
Mithfalath
Elegiac Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
Germany is without a doubt the current example to follow in terms of positive football culture. They're investing their financial resources on the aspects that IMHO matter the most: youth academies, solid financial management, efficient facilities and structures. All of this coupled with the low ticket prices and generally enthusiastic response by their fandom.

We (as in Juve) are trying to follow in the very same footsteps, though it's not going to be as easy mostly because of a completely different economical and social context (in Italy) which embraces more than simply the footballing world. It's obviously harder to aim for certain goals when the whole economy of the country is far from being stable.

Still, at the very least I think our efforts so far have been gradually rewarding us and I hope other italian clubs will do the same in the following years, hoping Serie A will regain its attractiveness at a world wide stage. I think we've never fallen behind in terms of football quality, but fans (atleast outside of Italy) are not simply attracted by good football when other problems and issues plague a league.
The Eredivisie has been producing some very good talents as well! I think Ajax' Youth Academy is one of the best in Europe.
Old 2013-05-03, 15:55   Link #4300
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithfalath View Post
The Eredivisie has been producing some very good talents as well! I think Ajax' Youth Academy is one of the best in Europe.
True, however the more resent ones are from the Feyenoord Academy and not from Ajax. Ajax does have some great prospects in their u16, u15 levels.. But right now I think Feyenoord is doing a better job.

The most promising tallent from the Eredivisie right now I think is Adam Maher from AZ..

Tags
football, soccer