AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-04-25, 19:18   Link #21
Utter_iMADNESS
Life's better in a harem.
*Graphic Designer

Many of the anime that I've watched I've found by random. I was on the m.3.3.w-bakawolf website and i stumbled upon their recommendations page (which no matter how hard I look I can't seem to find again). So I ended up watching Air, Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien(which BTW is amazing!), and if I remember correctly Kanon. There were a few others but I can't find the page
Old 2008-04-25, 19:23   Link #22
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
speaking of accidental... I just downloaded Junjou Romantica, and ended throwing up in my mouth after watching the first minute of it... There are times where you stumble upon anime's you DON'T want to see...
isnt that the one that has a theme similar to yaoi? i remember skimming over random curiousity's review on the current anime season to see such a series was included in that list.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 19:54   Link #23
james0246

LOL, I remember back in the day my anime club in high school had to deal with a VCD fansub or simply watching a Japanese recorded from television vhs of a "newer" series (which generally meant it was 2 or so years old) that was shipped to a Japanese friend of our little club. Everything was mostly accidental back then . I thank God, Buddha, Jehovah, Zeus, Mohamad, etc. daily for the internet .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 20:03   Link #24
Medousa
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Medousa
The best "accidental anime" I've watched was ... Taatata...

Clannad!XD Just before it became popular, I was searchin' for a Girl with blue hair, And I found Kotomi-chan.<3 She's the main reason why I started watching Clannad, and It's a really good anime.O_O
Old 2008-04-25, 21:50   Link #25
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
isnt that the one that has a theme similar to yaoi? i remember skimming over random curiousity's review on the current anime season to see such a series was included in that list.
It is yaoi >_>... It opened up with a boy walking in on two guys doing *gag*...

I really need to start at least checking the genre first... I just stumbled upon Monochromo Factor... the name sounded cool, but it made my stomach turn... Whats with this sudden upsurge in yaoi? >_>....
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 22:07   Link #26
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aijou View Post
How many of you experienced this moment when you searched for a random anime bieng really bored and you end up finding the best anime you ever seen ?

It happen to me when I was out of animes to watch and I was searching for any anime randomly in the list of Anime News Network.

The first anime I clicked in the big list was Shakugan no Shana, and I never heard of it before, which is stupid for me since it's quite popular for most.

It was the best anime ever for me, it became 1st favorite.

Anyone had similar experiences ?
yes, indeed....I accidentally learned of Shakugan no Shana's existence by random browsing wikipedia, I sa a pic of Shana and she looked like Konata in it, I wtf and decided to watch it....greatest anime experience of my life, Shana now consumes my life
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 22:17   Link #27
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Another accidental anime could be The Place Promised in Our Early Days. This was just a random movie I downloaded way back then because I wanted to try an anime movie, and it wowed me. I also think I found Shakugan no Shana and Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora (both 8/10) by accident also.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 22:20   Link #28
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medousa View Post
Clannad!XD Just before it became popular, I was searchin' for a Girl with blue hair, And I found Kotomi-chan.<3 She's the main reason why I started watching Clannad, and It's a really good anime.O_O
Before it was popular...?
When was this, late 2004?

But yeah, it was popular since it was announced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
yes, indeed....I accidentally learned of Shakugan no Shana's existence by random browsing wikipedia, I sa a pic of Shana and she looked like Konata in it, I wtf and decided to watch it....greatest anime experience of my life, Shana now consumes my life
Seriously, so many other people randomly found Shakugan no Shana this way?

Back when my anime database was wikipedia, I would usually start out looking for series with similar genres, seiyuu, studio, etc. as the ones I had liked previously, and I randomly chose to watch Shakugan no Shana because it was a "Romance, Drama, Fantasy".
And now it's one of my favourite action anime.
Wow.

Continuing...
I began watching Higurashi no Naku Koro ni with my cousin and brother because she (my cousin, obviously.) believed that there was no such thing as a horror anime, but we got so hooked that we pretty much marathoned the whole thing in about three days.

And another would be Full Metal Panic!, which I watched just because I had watched Fullmetal Alchemist and had heard that Full Metal Panic! was better/worse/about the same by several people, so I decided to try it out. Now the whole series is pretty much tied with Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann for my favourite mecha anime.

Like many of you all, I have no idea how or why I began watching Rozen Maiden either.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 22:22   Link #29
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Like many of you all, I have no idea how or why I began watching Rozen Maiden either.
I think I remember. You forced me to watch it for ISML.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 22:23   Link #30
V33D12AG0N
The Draconic Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aijou View Post
How many of you experienced this moment when you searched for a random anime bieng really bored and you end up finding the best anime you ever seen ?

It happen to me when I was out of animes to watch and I was searching for any anime randomly in the list of Anime News Network.

The first anime I clicked in the big list was Shakugan no Shana, and I never heard of it before, which is stupid for me since it's quite popular for most.

It was the best anime ever for me, it became 1st favorite.

Anyone had similar experiences ?
Same thing here... It's just a couple of months ago when I found Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu series after seeing a random video at youtube. The first thing I saw is the "hare hare yukai" dance, and I'm interested in it, so I decided to search "Suzumiya Haruhi" at wikipedia, and found that the story is pretty interesting. So I went through collecting the fansubs, and watch it until finished.
I was so addicted to it so much that I search it over and over again, until finally I found the novel (at baka-tsuki) and finally finished reading it all... @_@

I'm now working on translating the novel to my own language. And I found it's pretty fun!
V33D12AG0N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 22:41   Link #31
Lordshin
(´・ω・`)/ 

Elfen Lied and Haruhi

I also blame Boredom and ANN xD

But I'm glad those are some of my favorite anime series

Air and Clannad too... lol Searched Kyoto Animation

ANN has been quite helpful in my anime selection
Lordshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 23:49   Link #32
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
It is yaoi >_>... It opened up with a boy walking in on two guys doing *gag*...

I really need to start at least checking the genre first... I just stumbled upon Monochromo Factor... the name sounded cool, but it made my stomach turn... Whats with this sudden upsurge in yaoi? >_>....
oh wow, you seem to have some bad luck with trying out random anime o.o o.o
b4 i check an anime i always look at a brief summary of the series regardless if i chose the series randomly. i find its a good way to prevent the need for electroshock therapy or eyes replacement to be considered.
Old 2008-04-26, 00:20   Link #33
GreatTeacherKen

Normally I know something about what the anime is like before I watch it, but The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya was an exception. I just decided to watch it on a whim when it first came out. I didn't even know it was a comedy, I thought from the title it would be some sort of teen angst show.

Needless to say I was very surprised and it's one of my favorites now.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 05:18   Link #34
nixie
Nyunga Ro Chaga

Serial Experiments Lain was a gem that I cluelessly started watching because a friend had the dvd and I borrowed it on a whim. My other accidental find was Madlax which I randomly downloaded when I first learnt how to use torrent since it was just released and had many seeders (lol). I loved it anyway.
Old 2008-04-26, 05:55   Link #35
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
I think I remember. You forced me to watch it for ISML.
What's with the upset smiley

Don't tell me you didn't enjoy it...*takes out clever*

And anothet note worthy mention for me, Elfen lied and the original negi sensei. The former made me jaw drop whilst the latter remains a gold classic in my memory (and the title holder for being the first series to make me cry).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 09:13   Link #36
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
oh wow, you seem to have some bad luck with trying out random anime o.o o.o
b4 i check an anime i always look at a brief summary of the series regardless if i chose the series randomly. i find its a good way to prevent the need for electroshock therapy or eyes replacement to be considered.
This is the first it ever happened... two yaoi's in one day... made me wanna cry... the images burned into my eyes the way tub girl dot come did... lol

I usually have good luck in trying out random anime's. I would have to say about 90% of the shows that end up being my favorites are random.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 09:59   Link #37
brocko

Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu for me. Some guy uploaded all 6 eps onto megaupload and was advertising on his on sig at some other forum, coincidentally i was looking for something to download at the time too Become an instant favourite!

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 10:30   Link #38
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
This is the first it ever happened... two yaoi's in one day... made me wanna cry... the images burned into my eyes the way tub girl dot come did... lol

I usually have good luck in trying out random anime's. I would have to say about 90% of the shows that end up being my favorites are random.
wow 2 in one day, i feel sorry for your misfortune. hope thats the last time it happens to you.
Old 2008-04-26, 23:55   Link #39
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Actually discovering the whole anime world was like an accident for me. Before getting to know it, my idea of anime was DBZ and Pokemon.... specially the last one, was the reason why i decided to ignore anything related to anime.
But then one day while downloading some random pc games i accidentally clicked on Fate Stay Night and by the time i realized it was already at 90% xD So i decided to give it a try and... well... the thing is that i ended up staying all night long even though i had a tennis tournament on the other day =P After that i was pretty lucky with my next random choices being: Full Metal Panic, Naruto and Saikano.
Recently i decided to try some romance / drama / school life animes and the first one i found was Clannad =D

I guess i have some lucky accidents xD
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 00:40   Link #40
yadango

planet survive is one that no one really talks about... just watched it on a whim and was really surprised at how good it was.
yadango is offline   Reply With Quote