AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 6 6.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 21.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 29.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 20 22.73%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 11.36%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 3.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.14%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-11, 12:23   Link #41
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquifina View Post
I was hoping for an action ep., but I guess I can live with one focused on Ike. I'm genuinely curious as to how it'll go.
My money is he is going to get shot down. In my opinion Yoshida has invested too much in black hole boy for Ike's late entry to make a difference. The only way I can see him ending up with her is if Yuji grows some balls, a working set of eyes and a brain that isn't made of the missing dark matter for this galaxy and does something about Yoshida's confession.
Old 2007-11-11, 12:29   Link #42
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
My money is he is going to get shot down. In my opinion Yoshida has invested too much in black hole boy for Ike's late entry to make a difference. The only way I can see him ending up with her is if Yuji grows some balls, a working set of eyes and a brain that isn't made of the missing dark matter for this galaxy and does something about Yoshida's confession.

yeah probably but he won't get completely shot down, yoshida will probably be shocked but i don't see how she would say "no"

I think it'll spark a fight between sakai and ike though in the end over yoshida where ike will be super pissed at sakai and then we go into a fight scene where konoe's true evil self comes out at the end and we leave ike all alone and becomes a victim(or so i hope seriously we need some action)
Old 2007-11-11, 12:37   Link #43
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzles View Post
yeah probably but he won't get completely shot down, yoshida will probably be shocked but i don't see how she would say "no"

I think it'll spark a fight between sakai and ike though in the end over yoshida where ike will be super pissed at sakai and then we go into a fight scene where konoe's true evil self comes out at the end and we leave ike all alone and becomes a victim(or so i hope seriously we need some action)
I don't think it would be fair for Yuji to fight with Ike over Yoshida, it would just so go against all that angsting he did is S1.

I'm actually hoping that Konoe isn't evil. I'm sure she has something to do with Hecate, but I think it would be nice if she wasn't just an evil cog in Balle Masque's scheme. I'm hoping she is like a neutral blank being used by them. I think she is starting to grow on me
Old 2007-11-11, 12:39   Link #44
fuzzles
anal retentive

Quote:
I don't think it would be fair for Yuji to fight with Ike over Yoshida, it would just so go against all that angsting he did is S1.

I'm actually hoping that Konoe isn't evil. I'm sure she has something to do with Hecate, but I think it would be nice if she wasn't just an evil cog in Balle Masque's scheme. I'm hoping she is like a neutral blank being used by them. I think she is starting to grow on me
sorry i didn't mean he would fight i ment that ike would get pissed at him and throw a punch or something out of frustration
Old 2007-11-11, 12:39   Link #45
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzles View Post

I think it'll spark a fight between sakai and ike though in the end over yoshida where Ike will be super pissed at sakai and then we go into a fight scene where konoe's true evil self comes out at the end and we leave ike all alone and becomes a victim(or so i hope seriously we need some action)
Don't worry. I'm sure if Ike does confess, the production staff will push the reset button and have him play it off as a joke or something after seeing her reaction. After all, the love triangle (Or is it square? Pentagon?) creates 97.653% of the current plot. Getting rid of it would mean having to give the fans what they want to see. Unacceptable.
Old 2007-11-11, 12:49   Link #46
fuzzles
anal retentive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Don't worry. I'm sure if Ike does confess, the production staff will push the reset button and have him play it off as a joke or something after seeing her reaction. After all, the love triangle (Or is it square? Pentagon?) creates 97.653% of the current plot. Getting rid of it would mean having to give the fans what they want to see. Unacceptable.
phew thank god they'll do that i was afraid for a sec
Old 2007-11-11, 13:05   Link #47
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Ep 6 was still devoid of action

Spoiler for spoiler for ep6:
Old 2007-11-11, 14:09   Link #48
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
I honestly dont give a damn about Ike, I wanna see some action. i think me and everyone here has had enough of these past episodes! Argh!
Old 2007-11-11, 14:10   Link #49
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
I though it was about 85.714%...
Old 2007-11-11, 14:13   Link #50
Aquifina

Quote:
Well, there's no guarantee Ike actually will confess in this ep. I actually doubt that he will--I think it's too early for such a climactic moment. But he will clearly have some kind of "plan" at the amusement park, which I guess will be spoiled by circumstances. Even without a fight scene, it'll be nice to see the world from Ike's perspective for a bit. But I do hope we get into a fight arc in ep. 8.
Old 2007-11-11, 14:15   Link #51
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Was it me, or too many people expecting things to blow up on regular basis ala Micheal Bay style just because it is Shakugan no Shana?

Let the story run its course, instead of instantly condemning the building up. It is obvious they going to show the emotional stakes of principal players of the story so later on in epic battle, the character's motivation and super ordinate goals make more sense instead of blindly going into fight.

What ep 6 basically establish is Shana understood her motivation to be with Yuji in more and more human like terms but worryingly, Yuji seems to be more and more detached from human relationship because he is into the world of Fuzetsu, forgotten to be human little by little. It is paradoxical to see him become less and less human like in action and Shana is becoming more and more closer to human.

A justified and sensible cause for fight will make the action more enjoyable instead of monster of the week fare.
Old 2007-11-11, 14:18   Link #52
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Was it me, or too many people expecting things to blow up just because it is Shakugan no Shana?

Let the story run its course, instead of instantly condemning the building up. It is obvious they going to show the emotional stakes of principal players of the story so later on in epic battle, the character's motivation and super ordinate goals make more sense instead of blindly going into fight.

A justified and sensible cause for fight will make the action more enjoyable instead of monster of the week fare.
well the only problem is that the fight that this material was supposed to build up to (Wilhelmina) has already been done. :\

though I suppose that's what Konoe is for...
Old 2007-11-11, 15:12   Link #53
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

I little better episode, nothing happens, but is more fun and have character development. 7/10
Old 2007-11-11, 15:15   Link #54
kimchipride
Geass User

That was a refreshing episode. I didn't like the last 3 episodes of Shana but for some reason, I liked this one. Maybe I'm just in a good mood. I misplaced my vote though . This episode was funny in some parts. I really want this arc to end and hopefully it ends soon. Plz just explain to us who Konoe is and next arc plz. Yuuji is a freaking retard. Doesn't know what the hell is going on. Anyhow 8/10
Old 2007-11-11, 15:21   Link #55
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Gave it a 9, the directing this episode was TOP NOTCH. Seriously, the music was timed perfectly, the transitions were well placed, my heart even skipped a beat at the very end. You know why.

Next episode looks interesting. Each character is getting more and more depth, which is great.
Old 2007-11-11, 15:38   Link #56
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I know there will be a lot of, 'Shana isn't all about action, about the character developments and relationships etc.' But I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for some action. We've hit the 6th episode don't think it's crazy to have a meaningful fight that is important.

At least we finally burst out of the depressed zone we were dealing with. Though probably closer to the end of last season with Shana and Yoshida understanding how they feel and willing to move forward. Shana is back training with Yuji who was pretty happy to see her again.

Did find interesting the acknowledgment that these days can't last. Which for me is a good message . But really Yuji does understand he will have to leave the city sooner or later and that is just how things are. Margery is top notch in handing out some advice and clearing any problems with Ogata.

Alastor really has been a silent guy recently. I know there is only so much he can do, but would've expected more of an effort to get Shana out of this funk. You'd almost forget he was there after a while.

It's Ike's turn to get out there. At least he should give things a shot since Yuji isn't going to be doing much or noticing what's going on. Not sure if he'll get his confession off the ground or if anything will really come from it. Right now Yoshida is so serious about Yuji I'm not sure what chances he's got.
Old 2007-11-11, 16:33   Link #57
Phoenix14
Clannad

It's really sucking at the moment...
Old 2007-11-11, 16:37   Link #58
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I do praise the current direction the series is now offering because we get to see several of the recurring and regular characters at getting properly fleshed out the trials and tribulations that they have experienced or facing new situations that are new to them.

I think the drop of story progress is due that the previous season thoroughly explain and expanded with every detail about the background and origins of Shana as well as the flame haze that bears the title of enpatsu shakugan no uchite.

But, honestly while I still rated this episode with a high grade, nonetheless, it is getting dull and vexing Yuuji's inability to see his own unthoughtfulness for both Shana and Kazumi when it comes to Konoe.
The whole walk-Konoe-to-the-school-routine has grown old on me now.

We need now some progress on who might Konoe actually may be; what does Bal Masque intends to do for their next preparations; and most importantly is for that this season finally addresses what is the reiji maigo?
The second season started with a bang for the first two episodes, but when Konoe arrived it still moved on in the third episode but lastly switch to character development mode from the fourth and onwards curently.

Thank goodness that this episode delivered a major Margery Daw of advice from experience.
Spoiler:

The last but not least is that that tranquility is just transient, therefore, the old gang should treasure this few moments together for as much as possible because no one knows when and how things would turn for good or worse the next time, as Satou put out.
Old 2007-11-11, 16:49   Link #59
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Two thoughts that crossed my mind while watching:
- I never thought I'd say this, but Shana looks good with glasses.
- I never thought I'd say this either, but Margery Daw is cool and mature.
Old 2007-11-11, 16:52   Link #60
X10A_Freedom

As for Ike's confession...

Spoiler:
Closed Thread