AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-30, 15:50   Link #21
Mad Dog
Banned

I doubt they will. there has even been some arguments about it on their forums. Several people have expressed their disapproval about Funimation acquiring Negima!?
Old 2007-10-30, 16:21   Link #22
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Darn... I was keeping my hopes up since there were a few Negima!? R2 DVDs on Amazon (probably shipping through a Japanese proxy), gawked at the price, and then looked at this thread saying 2008. I wish at least a Simoun option (subs only) was still open (could happen, you know).
Old 2007-11-17, 16:58   Link #23
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog View Post
I doubt they will. there has even been some arguments about it on their forums. Several people have expressed their disapproval about Funimation acquiring Negima!?
Ouch.

I plan on buying it because in spite of (or perhaps because of) its oddness, I enjoyed it. And as a Negima fan, it's the least I could do. Hopefully the storm can calm.
Old 2007-11-17, 20:51   Link #24
Mad Dog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Ouch.

I plan on buying it because in spite of (or perhaps because of) its oddness, I enjoyed it. And as a Negima fan, it's the least I could do. Hopefully the storm can calm.
Well it an't going away. If anything matters have gotten worse. many of those people have started to boycott Navarre and Funimation all-together and it's had a HUGE impact of their sales and stock. Sales have dropped by 35% in 2 weeks and their stock had dropped by 40% just a couple of days ago and is STILL dropping.

Navarre/Funimation can seriously face bankruptcy here if they don't do something and FAST!

Oh and BTW as a Negima fan you should NOT buy this. Negima!? was nothing but an insult to Negima fans everywhere.
Old 2007-11-18, 10:53   Link #25
Asrialys

Quote:
Navarre/Funimation can seriously face bankruptcy here if they don't do something and FAST!

Oh and BTW as a Negima fan you should NOT buy this. Negima!? was nothing but an insult to Negima fans everywhere.
You remind me of a crazed Nodoka fan who caused some trouble some months ago...
Old 2007-11-18, 11:40   Link #26
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
It felt like that they didn't know what to do in the anime, so in the end we got this bastardization that was trying to be more like Pani Poni Dash!, except that PPD! was actually funny. I've seen fanfics that messed up the characters and the plot less than this series, and even my fanfic of Negima had the characters more in character, and I bullshitted that from start to finish leaving not even so much as a shred of someone being in character.

It may look better than the original series, but its writing isn't any better.
Old 2007-11-18, 13:46   Link #27
Midonin
Last Engage

I enjoyed what I saw, that's all. Even with the faults.
Old 2007-11-19, 01:01   Link #28
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Well... I was disappointed in Negima!? and I'm a pretty serious Shinbo fan .... just don't think he was kind to the Negima material unlike other adaptations he's done (Moon Phase, SZS, Hidamari Sketch, etc). I did like the first handful of episodes pretty well though...
Old 2007-11-20, 00:15   Link #29
anticdesi

Hi

Recently ive been watching Negima my friend had eng subed till 20 episode. I have seen the first session also ive really enjoyed it.

Does anyone know Funimation will release episodes in japanese with english subed? I dont know why but i dont enjoy watching Anime is english dubbed, its so horrible..
Old 2007-11-20, 00:57   Link #30
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by anticdesi View Post
Does anyone know Funimation will release episodes in japanese with english subed? I dont know why but i dont enjoy watching Anime is english dubbed, its so horrible..
Yes, certainly. The DVDs will offer the choice between Japanese or English audio, with optional English subtitles. So you'll certainly be able to continue watching the show subbed, as you wish.
Old 2007-11-20, 06:20   Link #31
anticdesi

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yes, certainly. The DVDs will offer the choice between Japanese or English audio, with optional English subtitles. So you'll certainly be able to continue watching the show subbed, as you wish.
cool!! when will it be realeased?
Old 2007-11-20, 10:40   Link #32
Asrialys

No announcement yet I believe.
Old 2007-11-29, 16:56   Link #33
Duero
Otaku

Hmmm

I donīt really know but Negima Neo the other fan maid Version is it only manga or is it a anime to ?? if it is a Anime and fan maid then Negima Neo would not be licensed.

Last edited by Duero; 2007-11-29 at 19:10.
Closed Thread