AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-05-13, 16:34   Link #3041
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Aizen for President !!!

It's telling when the most talked about character here is someone who was sidelined two arcs ago
You are incorrect sir! Kubo can not sideline Aizen, because Kubo is Aizen buahahahaha he trolled us all! /sorry i fell into madness briefly... i am normal again, i think
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 18:05   Link #3042
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
You are incorrect sir! Kubo can not sideline Aizen, because Kubo is Aizen buahahahaha he trolled us all! /sorry i fell into madness briefly... i am normal again, i think
Kubo is actually the product of Aizen's illusions. Maybe the whole world was created by Aizen. Okay now I got too far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
so does that mean she's part quincy?
Nah. She is part Shingami, part Quincy, part Hollow, part Fullbring, part Uchiha, part Saiyan, part Electric type and part BS.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 18:06   Link #3043
akire_and_atem

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Nah. She is part Shingami, part Quincy, part Hollow, part Fullbring, part Uchiha, part Saiyan, part Electric type and part BS.
and pure moe
Old 2013-05-13, 18:39   Link #3044
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by akire_and_atem View Post
and pure moe
I can not argue against this extremely valid point... she is 100% moe. Which makes me believe all the more that she is an illusion, no girl is that moe!
Old 2013-05-14, 08:00   Link #3045
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Who exactly besides Rukia has seen Isshin? Perhaps they did the little reunion off screen but up untill recently wasn't it just rukia and maybe renji (mabey the others did in fillers but I don't watch the anime)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasukemaru View Post
Uh no...Isshins own lieutenant saw Ichigo set him down 10 feet in front of her face before he fought Aizen.

If I had to guess at this point, I would just say it's because he's aged 20 years where he would normally appear to be the same age they remember him as. Still, very lame excuse for not recognizing your captain.
Really, Rukia's the only plot hole when it comes to recognizing Isshin. It's reasonable that Matsumoto, as some have suggested, likely didn't recognize him during the FGT fight because she had plenty of other things to distract her at that point. We don't even know if he was facing her when Ichigo set him down, so she may have just assumed he was some other Shinigami (black-robed, remember). Rukia probably should have recognized him in some manner (he doesn't look that much different), maybe not immediately (it's not like he was her captain), but she saw him plenty of times. No one else seems to have ever seen him, so they wouldn't have known.

As I've suggested before, I think we're going to find out Isshin's identity wasn't quite the secret we thought it was, at least outside of Ichigo and his Earthly friends. We already know Urahara, Aizen, and Ryuuken knew, for obvious reasons, and Juha Bach and at least his right-hand man know of Ichigo's parentage, so they probably know of Isshin's background, at least roughly.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 08:31   Link #3046
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Rukia probably should have recognized him in some manner (he doesn't look that much different), maybe not immediately (it's not like he was her captain), but she saw him plenty of times. No one else seems to have ever seen him, so they wouldn't have known.
We don't really know how often she'd have seen him. He wasn't an instructor at the academy, she wasn't on that good of terms with Byakuya (to the point that he'd show her around to other Captains or take her to meetings or anything), and she wasn't ranked very highly in her Squad. It's likely that the only Shinigami she knew were Byakuya, Gin, ones she studied with, ones on her Squad, and ones on Renji's Squad.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 09:53   Link #3047
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
We don't really know how often she'd have seen him. He wasn't an instructor at the academy, she wasn't on that good of terms with Byakuya (to the point that he'd show her around to other Captains or take her to meetings or anything), and she wasn't ranked very highly in her Squad. It's likely that the only Shinigami she knew were Byakuya, Gin, ones she studied with, ones on her Squad, and ones on Renji's Squad.
Then again, you would think that a shinigami should at least know who every captain is, what they look like besides the haori they wear and recognise them when he sees one...
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 09:57   Link #3048
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
Then again, you would think that a shinigami should at least know who every captain is, what they look like besides the haori they wear and recognise them when he sees one...
I don't know, I only know like half the partners/principles in my office, let alone the entire firm. If we compare the office to a Squad and the firm to whole of SS, then it makes sense to not necessarily know higher ups unless you interact with them.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 11:53   Link #3049
itachi-san314

Quote:
yes... at least in a bleach world that makes sense

Quote:
I don't know, I only know like half the partners/principles in my office, let alone the entire firm. If we compare the office to a Squad and the firm to whole of SS, then it makes sense to not necessarily know higher ups unless you interact with them.
come on... SS isn't an office culture. it's a samurai culture. 'lesser' people are supposed to know their superiors and bow or prostrate themselves in some way when their superiors are around. we've seen it in bleach many times actually. to assume all the shinigami don't at least know the captains (they should probably know at least the first 5 seats of each squad i would assume) is a bit too convenient for my tastes, but this is bleach after all so whatever
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 13:04   Link #3050
Eragon
Still Alive

You do know you are applying logical assumptions to BLEACH right? Kubo's most probably not gonna explain how no one recognized Isshin - and I, for one, do not want to hear/read his explan-troll-nation.
Old 2013-05-14, 14:21   Link #3051
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Quote:
Let's not forget that the two no-name redshirt Shinigami that Whitey wasted recognized Isshin immediately, and he was not their Captain (not his division's territory, remember). Of course, they admittedly had the benefit of seeing him in full Division 10 regalia with his white haori and arm symbol, unlike Rukia, so they may have not have recognized him so much as "Captain Shiba, who looks like that" but as "Division 10 Captain, whose name is Isshin Shiba". Not by sight, but by position.

Of course, another wrench is that Isshin was the head of the same house (and presumably uncle) of Rukia's beloved Lieutenant Kaien. You'd think she might recognize him because of that.
Old 2013-05-14, 17:55   Link #3052
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

So I'm just kinda curious here. Has any speculation been given that Yuzu may be a quincey whos power hasn't awakened yet? I was just kinda thinking that Karin seems something like a shinigami or could be turned into one, Ichigo is quincey hollow shinigami, it would nicely round everything off if Yuzu took after the mother and Karin took after the father. Most importantly I think she'd be super cute in a quincey outfit with a bow and such. Ishda could teach her lots of things i.e. they could sew and such together, and Ichigo would get super jealous if she calls him "Ishida Nii-sama!". Ok that's enough out of me for today I just kinda had an idea for a fan art with Ichigo in hollow form and Karin on his right in shinigami outfit with a zanpakuto and Yuzu on his left in quincey gear and a light bow.
Old 2013-05-14, 19:11   Link #3053
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Let's not forget that the two no-name redshirt Shinigami that Whitey wasted recognized Isshin immediately, and he was not their Captain (not his division's territory, remember). Of course, they admittedly had the benefit of seeing him in full Division 10 regalia with his white haori and arm symbol, unlike Rukia
people need to realize that they are essentially defending lois lane who can't recognize clark kent with his glasses off... which used to be a joke to the audience... but now is apparently being defended and rationalized?

Quote:
So I'm just kinda curious here. Has any speculation been given that Yuzu may be a quincey whos power hasn't awakened yet?
of course! her and karin will be the stars of Bleach KY the next series
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 01:45   Link #3054
David_The_Gnome
MR Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
people need to realize that they are essentially defending lois lane who can't recognize clark kent with his glasses off...
Or...like Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask.

See how many parallels to fiction we can draw folks!
David_The_Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 02:46   Link #3055
haegar
mangaviking

chap's out. overall mediochre.
Spoiler for latest chap:
Old 2013-05-15, 02:49   Link #3056
haegar
mangaviking

oh like I forgot the worxst looks like he is gonna fight with his fullbring ...I had thought he would remake his zanpakotou by himself after this but I guess not?
Old 2013-05-15, 03:03   Link #3057
xky

i think the latest chapter is more of "fan-reaction" rather than a "plot from the beginning"
xky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 03:22   Link #3058
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
Spoiler for latest chap:
Ha! Thought the same thing as I was reading it. ^_^
Spoiler for the future:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I don't understand, though, why Masaki was affected. Isshin said that Bach took the power of all half-blood quincies and she was pure-blood (even though stained). And shouldn't little Ichigo have been affected as well?
The translation I read stated he stole the power from half-blood Quincies, not all half-blood Quincies. Hence the reason why Uryuu also is alive and kicking. Maybe he's a misogynist, and only stole the power from female half-bloods. His Shitritter Army isn't exactly overrun with women, after all.

As for Masaki, she effectively is a half-blood, with her "infection". Same reason why Grandma Ishida let her walk is why Bach treated her as such.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2013-05-15 at 03:53.
Old 2013-05-15, 03:23   Link #3059
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

father of all quincies.... okay....
although I'll prefer if the last boss is the father of all hollows

Masaki's death is quite ridiculous... Ichigo's father is putting too much beliefs to his wife... Even if your wife is stronger, at least you should check her out without being a nuisance in battlefield

Ichigo vs Uryuu, eh? don't really care though... let it happen

so Ichigo finally will regain new power?? Getsuga Tenshou is quite outdated, right?
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 03:43   Link #3060
Apollian

SO just to be clear, Juha Bach says MY SON, because his the forefather, OR because his the true Father of Ishida? I'm going for the former rather than the latter.
Apollian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter