Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2014-10-26, 05:07   Link #301
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
I don't really care what the premise for it is, but I just want some more bloody Macross because it's been a damn long time. Gundam gets like a new season every 2nd season. This season they get TWO. Meanwhiles Macross ... /sadface.
Well, I'll just look at the bright side. So far, there's not a single Macross series that I outright dislike. I generally like them all (even Macross II). While in Gundam franchise, there's some outings that pretty much became thorns in my flesh that I just want to forget (eg: Gundam AGE & SEED Destiny), except for the mechas.
Old 2014-10-26, 05:19   Link #302
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Well, I'll just look at the bright side. So far, there's not a single Macross series that I outright dislike. I generally like them all (even Macross II). While in Gundam franchise, there's some outings that pretty much became thorns in my flesh that I just want to forget (eg: Gundam AGE & SEED Destiny), except for the mechas.
Same for me.

And Macross has an odd way of never giving me what I think I want, but giving me something I love anyway.
Old 2014-10-26, 05:35   Link #303
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Did I ever mention her and Basara had more chemistry in one OVA than Basara and Mylene in all of Macross 7 put together?

- Tak
This... And more of this..

-back from the dead-
Old 2014-10-26, 06:09   Link #304
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ But when it comes to which girl get Basara's attention the most, no girl can beat Syvil. Heck, they are obsessed with each other almost 3/4 of the show. Basara should've shagged her at the end so that she can gave birth to a human-deviln child who has the power of Protodeviln and Basara's anima-spiritia voice and became "the most powerful being in the universe!!!!" because Basara is just awesome that way.

On second thought, maybe Syvil doesn't need Basara's "D" after all. Basara might have already impregnated her after Syvil sucked him dry (of anima-spiritia) in that episode where Basara went into a coma afterwards (it must be one helluva sucking job Syvil did to Basara). And now she's flying around with Basara's son (it has to be male) in the farthest corner of the galaxy .
Old 2014-10-26, 16:34   Link #305
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Indeed.

Some Gundam series should just never exist, although our choices may vary

Though most of us agree, AGE has to disappear!

Macross has an odd way of being attractive regardless of the premise. They test our threshold, but somehow refrain from crossing the line. That takes skills!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2014-10-26 at 21:34.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 04:00   Link #306
magnuskn

Welcome back, Justin.
Old 2014-10-27, 05:41   Link #307
SvenCalBayan

Quote:
Indeed.

Some Gundam series should just never exist, although our choices may vary

Though most of us agree, AGE has to disappear!

Macross has an odd way of being attractive regardless of the premise. They test our threshold, but somehow refrain from crossing the line. That takes skills!

- Tak
I agree, Gundam AGE was a disgrace.
SvenCalBayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 06:26   Link #308
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
I believe the most obvious reason for this, is that Kawamori only make more Macross when he felt like it, and that he works on other unrelated projects in the mean time. There is simply no marketing pressure to create a brand new Macross anime series on a regular basis.

On the other hand, Bandai and Sunrise are pressured to push more anime out the door, if not yearly then bi-yearly. Their Gunpla sales are dependent on it. Sunrise makes many different anime, but their Gundam shows can almost be said to be made out of obligation more so than because that was what they truly wanted to work on.

Hell, G-Reco wasn't even suppose to have "Gundam" in it. But Sunrise did what they had to do to agree to fund Tomino's project.
Old 2014-10-27, 08:30   Link #309
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
http://otakuusamagazine.com/LatestNe...elta-5997.aspx

It's old, but the magazine has an article on it. Article says the official title can change.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 10:26   Link #310
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Welcome back, Justin.
Justin who? Justin Bieber!?

Oh snap!

*Runs!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
http://otakuusamagazine.com/LatestNe...elta-5997.aspx

It's old, but the magazine has an article on it. Article says the official title can change.
Well, I prefer Delta than... I dunno, Harem of the Galaxy?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2014-10-27 at 12:48.
Old 2014-10-27, 13:15   Link #311
dmaxzero

I dislike all and everything about Macross 7. For me, it does not exist.
But pretty pumped with a new Macross Show. Hopefully the mech design will be solid as ever.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-27, 13:45   Link #312
Tak

What is this... Macross 7 you are talking about? *Whistles...*

- Tak

Old 2014-10-27, 19:36   Link #313
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:

Well, I prefer Delta than... I dunno, Harem of the Galaxy?

- Tak
I'd still watch it.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-28, 03:40   Link #314
Key Board
Carbon

honestly, I'm a bit anxious about Kawamori writing for this because Nobunaga The Fool was a let down
not sure if that was his fault or not

but I really do think he should stick to designing the mechs
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-28, 11:01   Link #315
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
honestly, I'm a bit anxious about Kawamori writing for this because Nobunaga The Fool was a let down
Well, he did write the script.

But the show... it started out promising, then quickly turned into ashes

It certainly wasn't Symphogears.

- Tak

Old 2014-10-28, 11:56   Link #316
Darthtabby

Kawamori may bring in a writer to help him with Series Composition (a Series Composer is responsible for plotting out the overall course of the series though they often write individual episodes as well). He's done that for quite a few of the series he's worked on including Frontier.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-28, 14:17   Link #317
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxzero View Post
I dislike all and everything about Macross 7. For me, it does not exist.
Macross 7 is the concentrated sacred essence of all things Macross... as such, I can understand that it might be too heady a brew for some...
Old 2014-10-28, 14:36   Link #318
Tak

Your love for Macross 7 is... uh, troublesome, to say the least

- Tak

Old 2014-10-28, 15:12   Link #319
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Your love for Macross 7 is... uh, troublesome, to say the least

- Tak
But it's like the first Macross series pushed into overdrive!!

You want variable fighters? Both the good guys AND bad guys have 'em!
You want a love triangle? It's got several!
You want music? YOU'LL DEFINITELY GET IT!

It's got Mikimoto character designs, beloved characters from the original series, answers to questions left over from the original series, a kick-ass Macross cannon attack, singing in the battefield, an entire planet getting destroyed, a wide emotional palette, brave sacrifices, a complete world aboard the various ships, invulnerable (and thoroughly evil) villains, lots of mystery and intrigue, ICHIRO ITANO (who worked on the movie), one of Yoko Kanno's finest songs, and MUCH, MUCH MORE!!

I for one would LOVE to see the new series have that much awesomeness going for it.
Old 2014-10-28, 15:33   Link #320
Tenzen12

Macross 7 is pinnacle of perfection and Emilia and Sheryl are best heroines not just in macross franchise. Not mentioned even the biggest badass of frontier knows who is real legend