Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2016-11-05, 18:02   Link #1401
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
No, my logic is this:
1. Sugetsu claimed that "The big difference is that HRC is under a giant microscope and the republicans love tarnishing the image of any democrat with power. It is just how the game is played on the right. The democrats are more passive and generally let things slide, which is a big mistake when it comes to the current state of American politics."
2. In actual fact, both sides are tarnishing each other's image.
3. My post corrects that view.

My post focused specifically on the notion that Democrats let things slide instead of tarnishing Republicans' reputations. That to me was the issue that I wanted to correct first and foremost. Trump will likely fade from the limelight if he loses in two days (which I think he will), so I consider his actions to be less of an issue.
Okay then. I understand much better now. Thanks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video...865_video.html
Donald Trump terrified people are being allowed to vote. Details at 11.

Last edited by MCAL; 2016-11-05 at 20:05.
Old 2016-11-05, 21:07   Link #1402
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

@Frivolity

Politics is a dirty game no matter what side you are on. However, you are delusional if you think any other politician in recent times has undergone the treatment of Hillary Clinton.

I know how the game on the left is played by some extreme so called "leftists" is. They'll attach every -ism to you, no matter if it is accurate or not (The SJWs) in order to tarnish and destroy their opponents. This is a cancer I wish to tear off immediately for the Democratic party. It doesn't help though when someone like Donald Trump comes out who much pretty confirms all their worst fears is put up as the front man of the Republican party. A large swath of his core supporters I believe have jumped on his bandwagon because they want to stick it to PC people in society. He is definitely not the champion for this cause though.
Old 2016-11-05, 21:16   Link #1403
Jaden

Heh, Trump just got rushed into cover by the secret service at one of his rallies. Couldn't find any footage showing why, though...I sort of expected some assassination attempts on either candidate around this time, because the race is close and it'd take some madness like that to move the needle at this point.

I don't trust any further scandals to effect the election, because if truly disqualifying material existed on the candidates, some patriot would've leaked it by now. The FBI isn't going to make a move either.

I still give the edge to Trump, he has the wind on his back, don't think his support is ever getting higher than it is right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
... unless there is some third party miracle or the two major parties provide an alternative in the eleventh hour, or Sanders voters manage a massive write in ballot campaign that turns the tide.
Oh yeah, it's going to be chaos. It's possible that McMullin steals Ohio from Trump, and Sanders steals Vermont from Clinton. Johnson in New Mexico looks like it isn't going to happen, but it's not impossible. There are also electors that are saying they'll dissent and vote with their own conscience, completely disregarding the popular vote. Trump voters will raise a stink about faulty machines and voter fraud. Clinton voters will take issue with being intimidated by Trump supporters. This could lead to the voting in several counties being voided.
Old 2016-11-05, 21:29   Link #1404
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Heh, Trump just got rushed into cover by the secret service at one of his rallies. Couldn't find any footage showing why, though...I sort of expected some assassination attempts on either candidate around this time, because the race is close and it'd take some madness like that to move the needle at this point.
https://twitter.com/marcambinder/sta...80972278468608

In the end turns out it was a Trump Supporter trying to hold up a sign. LOL.
Old 2016-11-05, 21:36   Link #1405
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post

*facepalm* not again... I guess that's what they get for making every rally like a frickin' rave party.
Old 2016-11-05, 21:38   Link #1406
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Okay then. I understand much better now. Thanks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/video...865_video.html
Donald Trump terrified people are being allowed to vote. Details at 11.
Wait...that imbecile complaines that people are allowed to vote?
Old 2016-11-05, 21:49   Link #1407
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Two centuries ago only citizens that owned propery (land) were allowed to vote. People that would be invested in keeping their land safe. We have it relatively easy now.
Old 2016-11-05, 21:51   Link #1408
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
@Frivolity

Politics is a dirty game no matter what side you are on. However, you are delusional if you think any other politician in recent times has undergone the treatment of Hillary Clinton.

I know how the game on the left is played by some extreme so called "leftists" is. They'll attach every -ism to you, no matter if it is accurate or not (The SJWs) in order to tarnish and destroy their opponents. This is a cancer I wish to tear off immediately for the Democratic party. It doesn't help though when someone like Donald Trump comes out who much pretty confirms all their worst fears is put up as the front man of the Republican party. A large swath of his core supporters I believe have jumped on his bandwagon because they want to stick it to PC people in society. He is definitely not the champion for this cause though.
It goes both ways. I can't think off-hand of any other politician who circumvented the rules to the same extent as Hillary has done with little to no legal repercussions. Of course, this observation may change depending on the FBI's conclusions of their latest ongoing investigations.

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

Old 2016-11-05, 21:56   Link #1409
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:

Srsly? Its gotten to the stage that even the Secret Service can't tell the difference between a legitimate threat and a Trump supporter.
Old 2016-11-05, 22:01   Link #1410
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Srsly? Its gotten to the stage that even the Secret Service can't tell the difference between a legitimate threat and a Trump supporter.
You know, a group of crazy people have a meeting...everything is possible...
Old 2016-11-05, 22:03   Link #1411
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
You know, a group of crazy people have a meeting...everything is possible...

Seriously, whoever that person was, there was no gun around. It's just someone shouting "gun" that got a response from the USSS.
Old 2016-11-05, 22:06   Link #1412
Galaxian

Quote:

It could have been worse. The guy could have been carrying a letter.
Old 2016-11-05, 22:10   Link #1413
MCAL

https://twitter.com/BenMargiott/stat...94483041796096

Okay. Correction. It was a protester, but he still was holding a sign. So its still pretty LOL.
Old 2016-11-05, 22:20   Link #1414
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
It could have been worse. The guy could have been carrying a letter.
Yeah, a letter that explodes when you open it.
Old 2016-11-06, 05:17   Link #1415
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

It's amazing

Old 2016-11-06, 07:28   Link #1416
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Two days to go, and 538's model suggests that it'll all boil down to New Hampshire, where Hillary is 2 points up:

Of the last 10 polls in New Hampshire, five put Hillary ahead, four put Trump ahead, and one is tied. Barring any last-minute scandals, my guess is that Hillary has a higher chance of eking out the win here.

Surprises are still possible, of course:
Reminder: Cubs will win the World Series and, in exchange, President Trump will be elected 8 days later. - Nate Silver

Old 2016-11-06, 07:52   Link #1417
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

IF, and that is a very big if, Trump wins this election, he would be like wax in the Chinees and Putin's hands. The perfect puppet...for the United States of Russia...

That guy is the lesser of the 2 evils...and other dumb excuses...

He is just disaster and an embarrassment to common sense.

Donald Trump Swearing ***Graphic Language***

Last edited by Dauerlutscher; 2016-11-06 at 08:05.
Old 2016-11-06, 08:06   Link #1418
MCAL

https://medium.com/@baratunde/if-tru...fcd#.ouiskqq75

Now this is a powerful piece.
Old 2016-11-06, 08:26   Link #1419
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
The first part of that article started out ok, but then the latter part devolved into the same old race-baiting drivel that won't change anyone's mind anymore. There's plenty of legitimate criticisms against Trump, and if the author's intention was to "move someone to vote against Trump and for Clinton", there are far more effective issues to bring up other than to invoke institutional racism and implicit bias.

Old 2016-11-06, 14:28   Link #1420
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'm a lot more optimistic about Clinton's chances than Nate Silver. Without New Hampshire I have her at 269, but that excludes Nevada, Ohio, North Carolina, Florida and Iowa from her column. Early voting data suggests she'll take Nevada, and I believe she'll win Florida and North Carolina as well. Trump's get-out-the-vote machinery is a "disaster" while Clinton has many of the same people that ran Obama's remarkable efforts in 2008 and 2012.

http://www.politicsbythenumbers.org/...-mean-a-thing/

My model for national polling has her up by about five points on Tuesday. In 2012 polling indicated the race was tied; Obama won by four points. Again I'd attribute a lot of that difference to his "ground game."

"House effects" measure how individual polling organizations differ from the overall consensus. The line in the graph is the consensus. There has been a slow pro-Trump trend in polling since June, but that trend is overwhelmed by the effects of events.
Closed Thread