AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-14, 21:37   Link #441
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Given that Britannia is the one with the scientist actually experimenting with nuclear technology, I would think she would be the first to come up with such a thing. Of course, Lakshata could always do something too I guess.
Possibly - though I don't think I want Code Geass to become a nuclear war - but it's possible that in the end, the threatof a nuclear warfare may be exactly what'll stop the warring once and for all, making the world of Code Geass enter a sort of Cold War at the end...

Quote:
The introduction of nukes would certainly have effects within the power system. I'd have to wonder how other groups would respond.
Well, see above. I think it's clear that the revelation that Britanina has nukes along with a demontration of this would greatly increase the fear of Britannia in the rest of the world...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 21:41   Link #442
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Given that Britannia is the one with the scientist actually experimenting with nuclear technology, I would think she would be the first to come up with such a thing. Of course, Lakshata could always do something too I guess.

The introduction of nukes would certainly have effects within the power system. I'd have to wonder how other groups would respond.
But then, perhaps they still haven't refined uranium yet.....
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 22:06   Link #443
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Possibly - though I don't think I want Code Geass to become a nuclear war - but it's possible that in the end, the threatof a nuclear warfare may be exactly what'll stop the warring once and for all, making the world of Code Geass enter a sort of Cold War at the end...

Well, see above. I think it's clear that the revelation that Britanina has nukes along with a demontration of this would greatly increase the fear of Britannia in the rest of the world...
I'd rather not have it happen either myself. I'd rather we not have a Cold War occur either, but I suppose if they had that lingering in the end things might now be too bad.

That it would. Lelouch and the Order would certainly have to think of some way to counteract that, now wouldn't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
But then, perhaps they still haven't refined uranium yet.....
Hmm, I remember Lloyd talking with Nina at some point during Suzaku's Knighting party about Uranium I think. I can't remember the details though.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 22:25   Link #444
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
I'd rather not have it happen either myself. I'd rather we not have a Cold War occur either, but I suppose if they had that lingering in the end things might now be too bad.
Well, we'll see if they really use it or not...

Quote:
That it would. Lelouch and the Order would certainly have to think of some way to counteract that, now wouldn't they?
Indeed they would. Well, it could be solved easily enough though; using his geass, Lelouch might well be able to get his hands on one or more of their atomics bombs which Lakshata could copy or they use them against the Britannians then instead (could easily also be done by lelouch simply geassing the pilots into targetting the Britannian army/fleet with them instead of the japanese/OotBK/EU/Chinese...
Old 2008-05-14, 22:32   Link #445
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Hmm, I remember Lloyd talking with Nina at some point during Suzaku's Knighting party about Uranium I think. I can't remember the details though.
She's simply saying that Uranium-235 composes only 0.7% of all natural uranium. There is nothing on refining and such.

Quote:
Indeed they would. Well, it could be solved easily enough though; using his geass, Lelouch might well be able to get his hands on one or more of their atomics bombs which Lakshata could copy or they use them against the Britannians then instead (could easily also be done by lelouch simply geassing the pilots into targetting the Britannian army/fleet with them instead of the japanese/OotBK/EU/Chinese...
Where the hell will you get the uranium?

Seriously, people thinking that nukes are as easy to make as a regular gun....
Old 2008-05-14, 22:38   Link #446
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Where the hell will you get the uranium?

Seriously, people thinking that nukes are as easy to make as a regular gun....
Stealing it from Britannia could be a possibility . Or else, they might be able to get it from the EU or the Chinese federation in exchange for the secret of how to make'em for example.
Old 2008-05-14, 22:42   Link #447
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Stealing it from Britannia could be a possibility . Or else, they might be able to get it from the EU or the Chinese federation in exchange for the secret of how to make'em for example.
Uranium refining does not seem to be an industry in this world, due to the existence of sakuradite.

The world of Code Geass is not our world. Stop confusing the two.
Old 2008-05-14, 22:54   Link #448
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Uranium refining does not seem to be an industry in this world, due to the existence of sakuradite.

The world of Code Geass is not our world. Stop confusing the two.
Hmm, perhaps so, althorugh I don't think we can be entirely certain as to whether it really is so or not (hasn't been any confirmation either way AFAIK).
Old 2008-05-14, 22:59   Link #449
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Hmm, perhaps so, althorugh I don't think we can be entirely certain as to whether it really is so or not (hasn't been any confirmation either way AFAIK).
It's been halfly confirmed during Suzaku's knighting party, where Lloyd talks with Nina on uranium. Nina says that even if there was a device to split uranium-235, there is too little to do any nuclear reactions.

If refining existed, she wouldn't have needed to worry about it.
Old 2008-05-14, 22:59   Link #450
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
yeah we can, the history lessons from the dvd booklets protray a wildly different timeline.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 23:04   Link #451
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
yeah we can, the history lessons from the dvd booklets protray a wildly different timeline.
Well, in many regards, certainly, meaning that some things that happened were completely different, whereas in other ways things didn't go too differently (for example, the car was still invented in the CG timeline).

Ah well, Kang may well be right though. That'd indeed complicate matters quite a bit (but of course, this is fiction so who knows what the storywritters might or might not pull out of their sleeves? )
Old 2008-05-14, 23:06   Link #452
weirdo487
Kousokuken!

I'm in agreement with above statement that nukes aren't as easy to make as a gun.
IN PRINCIPLE its a rather simple concept (this is inclusive to fission fusion and ERW types. No other working type exists to my knowledge) HOWEVER it takes high level calculus to even scratch the surface of how they work.

and to make another point
(according to information I've herd) the USA no longer has any ONE person able to by him/her self make any type of nuclear weapon.
that is to say
don't screw with them its a waste of time and even if you don't come close you will still get into lots of shit with ANY government (using a nuke is asking to get blown off the map this goes for ANY COUNTRY)
weirdo487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 23:07   Link #453
Slick_rick

Quote:
It's been halfly confirmed during Suzaku's knighting party, where Lloyd talks with Nina on uranium. Nina says that even if there was a device to split uranium-235, there is too little to do any nuclear reactions.

If refining existed, she wouldn't have needed to worry about it.
She was talking about the availabilty of 235 to test her theory which is why Lloyd was able to provide her. If Brittiania is refining Sakuradite they can certainly convert this plants to refine Uranium. That's a natural step in proving her theory.
Slick_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 23:12   Link #454
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
She was talking about the availabilty of 235 to test her theory which is why Lloyd was able to provide her. If Brittiania is refining Sakuradite they can certainly convert this plants to refine Uranium. That's a natural step in proving her theory.
And are you sure the process of refining sakuradite is the same as refining uranium?

Although come to think of it, Llyod may have given her some uranium 235, when you look at episode 20 of R1.
Old 2008-05-14, 23:17   Link #455
Slick_rick

Quote:
And are you sure the process of refining sakuradite is the same as refining uranium?

Although come to think of it, Llyod may have given her some uranium 235, when you look at episode 20 of R1.
Metal refining should be basically uniform just different methods are used based on preference.
Slick_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 23:17   Link #456
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:

yep, picked it up at the local museum.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 13:43   Link #457
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
And there has been evidence in season 1 that she was researching nuclear technology and given her new position, she has probably made great gains in her research.
In one the pictures chapter (the bath one I think), she said that her grandfather was a scientist working the Ashfords, I suppose in the devellopment of the Ganymedes and Eon KMF series.
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 14:27   Link #458
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

So I guess my next question would be, when do we get to see Nunnaly get a mobile "float" throne
squaresphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 15:25   Link #459
JMvS
Rawrrr!

First you don't need Plutonium to make a Nuke, enriched Uranium is fine: the bomb that levelled Hiroshima was an Uranium one.

Spoiler for on nukes:

About a fission energy generator, you have to keep in mind that we know very little about how they generate power in the CG verse.

Spoiler for on genrators:
Old 2008-05-15, 15:26   Link #460
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Spoiler for for lenght:

I reckon I may have oversimplified, being mainly someone interested in politics, sciences and warfare, with a scientific background aside from vulgarization being that of material and earth sciences.

On the Fat Man/Little Boy comparison, the main diferences are that:
-Little Boy is the simplest to build, provided you have enough enriched Uranium : as enrichment requires extensive facilities. You "basically" have to unite two mass of uranium by firing one toward the other inside a big gun.
-Fat Man (implosive type), is much more complex to build: it requires a high deal of material science and perfect understanding of the implosion behavior; but it allows the use of plutonium, which is more "easily" available in quantity by running a reactor and purifiying the reactions by products. But mastering the implosive technology is also necessary for fusion bombs.

To emphasize this comparison, the whole Manhattan project provided enough fuel for 1 little boy and 2 fat man, the first one being fiable enough to be launched untested, the second one being the one tested.

Back to CG-verse, we know Nina used Uranium, thus allowing her to build a simpler Little Boy, as a Fat Man would require a lot of special materials and machinery. We could consider the fact that it was pinkish as a matter of aesthetics and liquid sakuradite being the most readily available powerfull explosive availbale to her.

Now about fusion reactions, deuterium is of course the main staple in actual weapons, but fusion reactions encompass several elements: hydrogen, helium and lithium: lunar or jovian 3He being envisionned recurrently as the clean energy source of the future.
About triggering fusion reactions, several ways are used or envisonned to attain the extreme conditions encountered in the sun:
-extremely powerfull lasers, such as the Megajoule Laser.
-OR radioelectric heating inside a magnetic field (Tokamaks), my school having one.
-a nuclear (fission) explosion => modern H bombs

-one of the prospects of antimatter would be the extreme miniaturization of H bombs: instead of a cumbersome A Bomb, a few micrograms of antimmater would be able to detonate it.

Thus my point that if liquid sakuradite is an explosive powerfull enough, it may directly be used to trigger a fusion explosion.

Tags
mecha