Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-31, 16:44   Link #581
XLilaX

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
I'm 99% sure that Isshin was the Captain of the 10th Squad. Before Hitsugaya.

Kisuke and Yoruichi knew him. And Ukitake and Byakuya acknowledged that Ichigo looked his (Byakuya's) Superior. So that mean that he had to be from around that Era. Evidence to support that is all the Captain's were introduced except for the 10th and 11th Squad.

So he was before Rukia's time.
And as noted by Kisuke, he recently got his powers back during the very beginning of the Arrancar Arc
At the time they were talking about Kaien who happens to be Ukitake's Lieutenant and we can't say that Yoruichi also knows Isshin because that'd be just jumping to conclusions .... though it is possible because I doubt Urahara would keep something like that from her....
I agree with you when you say that Isshin is from a different era because Rukia nor Renji and not even Hitsugaya recognize his face which should be clue enough

But if you say that Isshin was previous Captain of 10th squad then that's contradicting the fact that he is not from this generation; if he was Captain of 10th Squad then Renji or Rukia might recognize him since they've been around for more than 40 years...
Old 2009-07-31, 16:59   Link #582
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLilaX View Post
But if you say that Isshin was previous Captain of 10th squad then that's contradicting the fact that he is not from this generation; if he was Captain of 10th Squad then Renji or Rukia might recognize him since they've been around for more than 40 years...
Not necessarily because the 10th Squad Captain from the flashback arc wasn't introduced.
Old 2009-07-31, 18:33   Link #583
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
Not necessarily because the 10th Squad Captain from the flashback arc wasn't introduced.
But then Shinji would have recognized Isshin's Reiatsu, unless the gigai Isshin was in affected his Reiatsu (hopefully temporarily)
Old 2009-07-31, 18:42   Link #584
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
But then Shinji would have recognized Isshin's Reiatsu, unless the gigai Isshin was in affected his Reiatsu (hopefully temporarily)
Yeah.
That's another good point to bring up.
Nobody knows what his time away has done to his powers, especially when dealing with Urahara Kisuke.
Either that, or maybe Isshin is part of the Royal Guard [a pure baseless speculation I know, be being as though we don't know how the RG operate its slightly plausible. The only thing we know about the RG is that they disguise their promotions]
Old 2009-07-31, 23:53   Link #585
kagato3

It's not so much they disguise their promotions as they are super rare (only premoteing captains or maybe captain class shinigami) and we do know one of their dudies is dealing with Menos level hollows as Rukia told Kon that the Menos Grande was under the jurisdiction of the RG(the old scanlations just used elite forces but it did refer to the RG) and all her information was based on text books so she may have been lumping all menos togeather but it does rais the question as to why the RG has not goten involved yet given all the Menos level anacarr that have been showing up in the real world.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2009-08-01, 09:23   Link #586
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Didn't Issihin know about the Vizards and Aizen? He's also "Friends?" with a Quincy.

god damn it i wish they would reveal more >< its killing me, he was so awesome in the little they showed of his power.
Old 2009-08-02, 08:23   Link #587
XLilaX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos Zangetsu View Post
I just thought about this actually.

Byakuya actually never said who Ichigo was similar to. All Byakuya said was that he was similar to the one whose ferocity he found distasteful. It also showed in the manga a picture of a person similar looking to Ichigo(almost the split image of him) except with black hair. The only two that anyone knows that fits the description or could have come close was Kaien and Isshin himself(Isshin obviously could be because of genes.)
When I went back and looked at Kaien's pic from Rukia's memory and compared it to Byakuya's memory in the manga, they do look similar but they do have some differences as well. I believe that Byakuya was actually remembering a younger Isshin. Sons do sometimes grow up to look like their fathers after all. If Isshin's personality was also like Ichigo's back then (which is possible as well) then it would all fit as also around Byakuya's time when he was younger and before Rukia's time most likely as well.
This is a really good theory but I can't find and memory of Byakuya which contains a picture of Kaien/Younger Isshin in the manga at all??? Are you sure your not mixing it up with the anime?? I know for sure in the anime Ukitake had asked Byakuya about Ichigo and then Byakuya was like oh he's not who you think he is etc. but I can't find that part in the manga ?!?! Maybe I just skimmed through that part or something.....
Old 2009-08-06, 16:02   Link #588
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
maybe Azien and Isshin are related and somehow Azien shove Isshin into the real world?
Old 2009-08-07, 01:03   Link #589
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
So, Issin can cloak his reiatsu or something? Nobody seems to notice his strength. Like the arrancar who attacked Karakura so far.
Old 2009-08-12, 22:48   Link #590
XLilaX

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
So, Issin can cloak his reiatsu or something? Nobody seems to notice his strength. Like the arrancar who attacked Karakura so far.
Oh yeh they even spotted Hitsugaya who was in his Gigai so they should have spotted Isshin unless he was wearing a sort of tag or something ..... still very observant point!!
Old 2009-08-12, 23:40   Link #591
kamyu

him hiding his reitsu isn't inconceivable.
urahara had a cloak to do that 100 years ago and they know each other (and he could've improved the technology).
also, characters have been shown simply suppressing their own reitsu to hide (like when tousen, komamura, and their lieutenants confronted zaraki).

not to mention that he apparently didn't regain his shinigami powers until around the start of the arrancar arc so he didn't even have to hide (and then everyone was mostly preoccupied).
Old 2009-08-13, 00:53   Link #592
Chaos Zangetsu
Demon King

Quote:
This is a really good theory but I can't find and memory of Byakuya which contains a picture of Kaien/Younger Isshin in the manga at all??? Are you sure your not mixing it up with the anime?? I know for sure in the anime Ukitake had asked Byakuya about Ichigo and then Byakuya was like oh he's not who you think he is etc. but I can't find that part in the manga ?!?! Maybe I just skimmed through that part or something.....
No, I'm sure of what I said because the exact page was in my hands when I typed that theory on the computer. The picture of that guy is shown in the chapters of the manga of when Ichigo fights Byakuya in SS arc. It did show the face of the guy whose ferocity Byakuya said he found "distasteful" like Ichigo's. As I said before the guy in the picture looked almost exactly like Ichigo except with black hair. Kaien looks different from the guy in the picture. I know for sure Kaien doeasn't look as similar to Ichigo as the person in the memory does so I'm pretty sure it can't be Kaien.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
The thing is we never saw Isshin in Pendulum. And since Isshin was already revealed before that, there was no reason to leave him out. Also, I don't know about translation errors, but from what I read in the manga and seen in the anime Byakuya said "No relation. At least not to the one who crossed your mind just now.", meaning either Byakuya just doesn't know or doesn't want to admit it or it's not the case.

Also, I have my doubts against Kubo giving a hint towards something that would be revealed only much later on.
Isshin not being revealed in Pendulum is not that unforseeable. I mean, he is not even an essential part of the story...yet. The point of Pendulum was not to show all the characters in the past, but to show what happened with the vizards and Aizen. As far as it showed, Isshin had nothing to do with them, so what reason would there be to show him? I think that Kubo is trying to make us think of Isshin as an unknown person while giving little bits of info and hints here and there basically teasing us about who Isshin really was and keeping us anxious and restless. This probaly means Isshin is going to play an important role later on.
About what you heard and read, you forget Ukitake was Kaien's captain and cared about kaien and rukia so much and were familiar with them, when Ukitake thinks about Ichigo, most likely he would think of Kaien because of look alike or of relationship with Rukia when comparing them, while Byakuya according to the manga is thinking of a unnamed person from his past experiences that wouldn't usually involve much of vice captains not from his own squad you have to imagine. Therefore, saying the person that crossed Ukitake's mind having no relation to is a reasonable answer.
Quote:
Oh yeh they even spotted Hitsugaya who was in his Gigai so they should have spotted Isshin unless he was wearing a sort of tag or something ..... still very observant point!!
Hitsugaya wasn't trying to hide himself though. None of Hisugaya's group was trying to hide themselves. they actually wanted the arrancar to find them, plus the fact that Hitsugaya is still young for a captain and still may not be that experienced with hiding from a very high level hollow like an arrancar along with the others in his group like Rangiku. Maybe Ikkaku could've but he loves to fight so he wouldn't anyway.
This could mean however that Isshin has had alot of past experiences with arrancar which I can believe by the way he responded to GF not being surpirsed or fazed in the least like almost everyone else when they fought the arrancars including Hitsugaya even. Infact, Isshin's attitude was like Arrancar aren't even anywhere near his level let alone a pseudo-arrancar like GF which I think is more than just over confidence.

Last edited by Chaos Zangetsu; 2009-08-13 at 01:34.
Old 2009-08-14, 13:54   Link #593
kagato3

The guy in Byakuya's flash back is either Kaien or his identical cousin. more to the point he is a young Kaien (around tbtp)

Spoiler for size of pic:
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2009-08-14, 15:52   Link #594
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Isshin also had on a Captain Robe strapped over his shoulder when he killed that Arrancar, so we know he's a Captain. The only Captains that weren't shown were the 10th, 11th and 12th. The 12 was revealed to be a lady named Hikufune (i think that was it), its safe to assume the 11th was Zaraki because they mentioned the 11th Captain was new and refused to participate. The 10th was the only one who weren't shown. Isshin didn't come AFTER because all the Vizards were replaced by known Captains and Vice-Captains (Gin, Aizen, Tousen, Nemu, Hisagi, Nanao and Mayuri). If not, then that would mean Isshin is from Retsu, Ukitake, and Shuunsui's era before any of the Vizards became Captains.
Old 2009-08-14, 16:41   Link #595
itachi29al

Maybe he is a member of squad 0
Old 2009-08-14, 23:25   Link #596
kamyu

Quote:
Isshin also had on a Captain Robe strapped over his shoulder when he killed that Arrancar, so we know he's a Captain. The only Captains that weren't shown were the 10th, 11th and 12th. The 12 was revealed to be a lady named Hikufune (i think that was it), its safe to assume the 11th was Zaraki because they mentioned the 11th Captain was new and refused to participate. The 10th was the only one who weren't shown. Isshin didn't come AFTER because all the Vizards were replaced by known Captains and Vice-Captains (Gin, Aizen, Tousen, Nemu, Hisagi, Nanao and Mayuri). If not, then that would mean Isshin is from Retsu, Ukitake, and Shuunsui's era before any of the Vizards became Captains.
well the vizard captains were all new, appointed within a few years of start of the tbtp arc (i think shinji was the only one we didn't get a start time for). isshin could've been any of their predecessors.
Old 2009-08-14, 23:29   Link #597
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

hey didn't Byakuya noticed Ichigo's reiatsu to be familiar when Ichigo first entered Sereitei?
maybe he was mentioning Isshin's... probably, they were acquaintances before?

or Isshin could be one of the SS King's Royal Guards

Old 2009-08-15, 03:29   Link #598
noven

Send a message via AIM to noven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
hey didn't Byakuya noticed Ichigo's reiatsu to be familiar when Ichigo first entered Sereitei?
maybe he was mentioning Isshin's... probably, they were acquaintances before?

or Isshin could be one of the SS King's Royal Guards
or he remembered with ichigo's reiatsu from when they fought in the world of the living 2 weeks prior
Old 2009-08-15, 06:20   Link #599
kagato3

or given Byakuya's point of view like 2 days prior.
Old 2009-08-15, 06:22   Link #600
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamyu View Post
well the vizard captains were all new, appointed within a few years of start of the tbtp arc (i think shinji was the only one we didn't get a start time for). isshin could've been any of their predecessors.
Where does it say that the Vizards were new?
Closed Thread