AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-03-27, 21:04   Link #1441
Draco Spirit

That was a great end to a great show.

The last two episodes were a nice change of 'scene' so to speak. You felt like the world had gone on turning while he been in a coma (which was a narrative theme) and the fact his original love interest went off and had a happy life while he was out cold (a highly realistic, but often unused plot device) was cute, as was her adult characterization. The MC was clearly a important friend, but not her lover.

And then the narrative lose end of pizza delivery girl being his true love...CUTE! In her episode focuses she acted like equal and partner despite the whole age gap thing. Nice to see her found her again after finding himself so to speak.

Mum looked weird, but man she was well written.

9/10
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-29, 06:21   Link #1442
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Twit View Post
Not a surprising or meaningful ending, really. I felt like the 2-minute part with his mom was the only strongly-written scene of the episode, while the rest was just a string of hammy, lethargic cliches.

Plus nothing at all about the revival thing was explained. That's kind of important; without that, none of this would have happened. It tainted the entire series and made the Airi scene into some incredibly meaningless nonsense.

It's too bad, this series was great when it looked like it was going somewhere. Now I'm just left with a feeling like "that's it?"
Yeah, that's a shame it wasn't explained.. I guess it's one of those things that could be left to interpretation of sorts. Satoru did explain what it did to Yashiro and how his power came to manifest itself to avert Yashiro's actions.

I guess they could have added more to Airi's story if it was missing and go for another 3-4 episodes.

In any case, given it's a short series I'll go and read the source material and enjoy that also.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-30, 07:07   Link #1443
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

Man I REALLY LOVE this series!!

It has a lot of suspense, the characters are awesome, and it wrapped up everything nicely!!

Though I'm a bit curious on one thing:

Did Nakanishi Aya end up with anyone in the group? Cuz I ship her hard with Kazu
Old 2016-03-30, 08:42   Link #1444
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuuoh DeltaPlus View Post
Man I REALLY LOVE this series!!

It has a lot of suspense, the characters are awesome, and it wrapped up everything nicely!!

Though I'm a bit curious on one thing:

Did Nakanishi Aya end up with anyone in the group? Cuz I ship her hard with Kazu
Doesn't seem to be any confirmation, but it looks like he was sitting next to her at the get-together, so could be.
BWTraveller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-30, 09:49   Link #1445
sikvod00

So how would everyone rate the general VA work in the show? Aoi Yuuki knocked it out of the park as usual for me, but everyone's performance was at least 8/10. Chinatsu Akasaki was also great and hearing her again near the end was heartwarming. Shinnosuke Mitsushima took a little getting used to, but I grew to love that generally monotone voice lol. He had the least "anime" (read: exaggerated) voice, but I preferred that and it makes total sense considering the circumstances.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-01, 13:02   Link #1446
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

I wonder how many got the reference of the "pedestrian priority" sign that was shown in the early episodes of Bokumachi

There's actually a reason for this: it's an old Japanese urban legend that this sign was based on a photograph of a man trying to kidnap a little girl. Nothing substantiated, but it does look that way, with the eeriely waviness of the sign and the little girl seemingly being "pulled" into abduction against her will.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-01, 15:55   Link #1447
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
So how would everyone rate the general VA work in the show?
I was quite impressed with Takayama Minami who voiced Sachiko. Turns out she's best known for playing Conan.

I thought it a bit intrusive to list the details of her marriage and divorce at the top of that page though.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 10:36   Link #1448
Romanticide

Loved the series, though i wish it had been a longer show, and they'd cute out the OP and ED to give more of a ongoing effect to it.
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-04, 10:55   Link #1449
chi4ko
Astronaut

The greatest love story ever told.

On a more serious (not really) note: at the end of the day, this is a story about salvation. Satoru is a time-travelling Jesus who saves his friends and even erases (lol) the sins of his enemy, so that they never happened.
chi4ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-06, 17:25   Link #1450
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
The foreshadowing in episode 1 was too obvious to the point where the only real surprise is how far back in time Satoru goes, but not obvious enough to where it can hit harder for it. The foreshadowing and reveal on Yashiro is stuck in a similar situation, and Hiromi and Aya were easily saved to the point of superfluity. The brief shot of Kenya talking to Yashiro late night at the faculty office was also never addressed, but it's a good thing Kenya wasn't colluding with Yashiro since an obvious big bad and a traitor among the heroes is one cliche too many to take seriously

It's also a good thing the show never overextended itself to its side characters. ERASED is definitively Satoru's story and the juxtaposition of an older voice in a younger body and vice-verse does a great job of illustrating his thought process. Meanwhile the side characters have enough life in them to give them a pulse, but without the dramatic weight that would make anyone question "why care about them?"

But the most impressive thing is how seamlessly the show blends mystery-thriller with slice of life, and not just a school club sleuthing for clues when they're not drinking tea. It's impossible to divorce Satoru's "normal" life from the mystery since he's essentially working undercover to unravel it, and it's futile to separate the mystery from his "normal" life because in pursuing this culprit, his outlook on life has to change to approach others more, to be more active, and so on. And the sentai hero appearing in a few scenes Marvelously reflects that change

Another Marvelous thing about ERASED is the use of red. It symbolizes the pain Kayo is going through when the situation with her mother is revealed, it makes her design stand out, and it highlights someone's eyes when they're close close to the concept of "death." It's kind of morbidly cool how the brightest color in the show represents its darkest hour

I'm going to give ERASED an A-

Did I also mention ERASED is a superhero story in disguise?
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-08, 12:37   Link #1451
hoshino_crimsonwings

Probably one of the best anime and best endings I've ever seen. 10/10
Old 2016-04-09, 05:33   Link #1452
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Up to ep. 9, and, even having read the manga before watching, I still feel strongly about the characters, and feel fucking sad when watching Kayo's atruggle
That said, I still disagree (as I did when I read the same manga chapter with the same implicaction), with Kayo's mother being deserving of any amount(however small it may be) of sympathy from the viewer, since being a battered woman does not excuse her treatment of her daughter at any level, and does nothing to garner my sympathy, especially when she's portrayed a hateful bitch through and through, if anything makes my blood boil even more.
Old 2016-04-09, 05:52   Link #1453
Peanutbutter

Finally finished the entire manga. (should be okay posting here since it's already broadcasted ya?)

Spoiler for comments just in case:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-09, 06:55   Link #1454
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-24 at 06:39.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-09, 09:54   Link #1455
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Really loved this show, though I think it needs a OVA or two to fill in some gaps that were left out.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-09, 14:43   Link #1456
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Yeah, since the Anime is over, I think we can talk about the Manga. I'll put inside a spoiler tag if you do not wish to read it.

Here's my thoughts on the manga compared to the Anime.

Spoiler for Spoilers from the manga, duh!:
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-11, 05:32   Link #1457
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-24 at 06:34.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-12, 11:31   Link #1458
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Wow

I heard about the hype surrounding this. And I wasn't as skeptical about it as with most overhyped animu, but dayum. I binge watched it and it gave me a shit ton of emotions. How did it do that? D:
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-10, 18:47   Link #1459
Gundamx

Gaiden chapter out

Spoiler:
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-11, 23:41   Link #1460
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That should really be in the manga thread.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote