AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-01-25, 00:37   Link #81
larethian

This is pretty wow trivia. I knew that Okamoto (Ayumu's VA, also well known for his Accelerator role) knows shogi. But I didn't know he's really good at it and used to have a pro as his master. His master, Nozuki Hirotaka, just happen to be the shogi supervisor for the anime heh
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-25, 12:08   Link #82
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
This is pretty wow trivia. I knew that Okamoto (Ayumu's VA, also well known for his Accelerator role) knows shogi. But I didn't know he's really good at it and used to have a pro as his master. His master, Nozuki Hirotaka, just happen to be the shogi supervisor for the anime heh
This is also the second shogi anime he does a voice in, where he plays the self appointed rival.
Old 2018-01-29, 12:52   Link #83
James Rye

Great episode, enjoyed Red Ai a lot. Now I get why quite many seem to like her. I think she could easily be superior to Blue Ai. Rather like Tsunderes than Yanderes. Yaichi is lucky Ginko wasn't there when he offered Char to become his bride (soooooo duuuuuumb~), else he would have lost his life there. Ai was funny when she called her master a lolicon king given her parents agreement with him to marry her in the future if she fails to become a pro shogi player. Her sulking in the blanket after Ginko beat her ass was also funny. Too bad we have to wait for her reaction for a week when she finds out with who her master is "cheating" on her.
Old 2018-01-29, 14:57   Link #84
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Yaichi kind of screwed up with Charlotte's discipleship request. It wouldn't really have been that hard to tell her to wait a few years or that she needs to improve her skills a bit. Give her a goal to work for to become his disciple rather than just "no". Then he wouldn't have had to do that ridiculous bride bit.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-29, 14:59   Link #85
Stro

So a Tsundere Ai appear. So in the next episode Yandere Ai vs Tsundere Ai. Yaichi is going to be arrested for being a Lolicon King.
Stro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-29, 15:06   Link #86
Blueknight78

Please somone call the cops already and arrest that teen pedorbear for the god sake!!!!.
Ok, i'm really giving up on that "lolicon trap" serie, really that "be my bride was really too far", this never could be the "right move to do" only on "creep lolicons mind", really srry, but a "lolicon harem is not really my thing.

I really tried to hold for the sake of "shogi" but keep seying that creep pedobear jokes are not really my cup of tear specially on a serie full focused on "lolis".
Old 2018-01-29, 17:23   Link #87
youseiki

"Grade Schoolers... don't you like them?"

"I can't make you my disciple, but you can be my bride"

fucking call the cops, Yaichi is getting dangerous, it's just a matter of time before he breaks the line
youseiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-29, 17:40   Link #88
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Suddenly, caught red handed when cheating (?) on her disciple. Ai has been watching too much soap opera on TV
lol
Now time to wait for next week episode again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stro View Post
So a Tsundere Ai appear. So in the next episode Yandere Ai vs Tsundere Ai. Yaichi is going to be arrested for being a Lolicon King.
Can you take down a King tho?
Old 2018-01-29, 19:14   Link #89
Wandering Soul

I'm starting to understand a little of what makes Red Ai appealing to some people. She's a bit of a stereotypical tsundere, but she defrosted rather quickly. She also has a short backstory that nicely sums up why Shoigi is so important to her.

Also Ai getting upset at her master making a elementary school girl his bride is the pot calling the kettle black.
Old 2018-01-30, 05:52   Link #90
Ultragunner

WUT!!!?? What's with that response to Char? and why does he feel like he had to hide from the yan-Ai? there is no "exclusive clause" in their master-disciple relationship, right?

Here I was thinking the MC would be a bit more level-headed since he is already a pros, but the troupe of "idiotic highschool boy" is still strong in this one

and why does this show has to include such lolicon-vibe?
it would have been perfectly fine without any of those
Old 2018-01-30, 08:49   Link #91
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I'm sorry, but I think people are just slightly overreacting to some aspects of Yaichi's behavior. A young man who's living with a little girl who clearly doesn't understand modesty and was forcefully pushed into a tentative engagement with him would have plenty reason to be a little on edge when it comes to lolicon accusations. And while I think he didn't think things through far enough to come up with a "wait and study" statement, I can understand him saying he'd make her his bride. She's six, so she probably wouldn't fully understand, and "bride" is something he figured a little girl would be very happy about, especially a little girl who admires him. I still don't think he sees Char as an even remotely sexual being. He doesn't need to, she's absolutely adorable as is.

As far as hiding from Ai goes, he's already seen how jealous she can get, and she's very attached to him. From his other thoughts it's fairly clear he intended to introduce the two of them eventually after helping Red to improve a couple rough spots, he just hadn't decided how or when. And maybe he's worried that like Char a mistake could scar her.
Old 2018-01-30, 09:34   Link #92
RDNexus

I also wanna believe that's how things are going.
People nowadays are easily prone to entitle MCs as lolicons at the first sight of little girls around them.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-30, 11:58   Link #93
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I'm sorry, but I think people are just slightly overreacting to some aspects of Yaichi's behavior. A young man who's living with a little girl who clearly doesn't understand modesty and was forcefully pushed into a tentative engagement with him would have plenty reason to be a little on edge when it comes to lolicon accusations. And while I think he didn't think things through far enough to come up with a "wait and study" statement, I can understand him saying he'd make her his bride. She's six, so she probably wouldn't fully understand, and "bride" is something he figured a little girl would be very happy about, especially a little girl who admires him. I still don't think he sees Char as an even remotely sexual being. He doesn't need to, she's absolutely adorable as is.

As far as hiding from Ai goes, he's already seen how jealous she can get, and she's very attached to him. From his other thoughts it's fairly clear he intended to introduce the two of them eventually after helping Red to improve a couple rough spots, he just hadn't decided how or when. And maybe he's worried that like Char a mistake could scar her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
I also wanna believe that's how things are going.
People nowadays are easily prone to entitle MCs as lolicons at the first sight of little girls around them.
i think is more like "some peoples" don't had read enough or watched enoug animes to know which "the majority" of lolicons shows, the mc aways "claim" not being a lolicon, but as th "perv lucky" mcs which not claim being perv like the famous "rito" the manga god aways put them in "lolicon situations" or make many lolicons jokes" and only nearly in some cases they ending accepting being "lolicons", this is how "lolicon bait series are", the mc never is a "true lolicon" or peoples could automatically already see him as "trash" and only "lolicon public could accept(most of them).

That is why "bait normally means", its like series like "K" where the characters are "not gay" but you have a lot of "double standarts interactions which could give a "gay" vib to the serie to attract the "fujoshis and peoples which love that sort of things.

IT's not just "being surrounded" it's the interactions and jokes, like him proposing to a 6 years old girl be his bride, bring to real life and don't thing which that guy could not be already scorned by his behavious, becaue that sort of behaviou you normally don't see peoples having.
Old 2018-01-30, 12:26   Link #94
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Char-chan won!

Lolicon King!~
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-30, 12:31   Link #95
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

So much for dropping the show eh. See you next week~
Old 2018-01-30, 13:01   Link #96
IceHism

Ai vs Ai alter. Or reverse Ai? Anyways I'm interested to see how they will interact. Also I want more scenes of Ginko.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-30, 14:10   Link #97
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Here I was thinking the MC would be a bit more level-headed since he is already a pros, but the troupe of "idiotic highschool boy" is still strong in this one
That's because it is a light novel adaptation. I could pretty much already see that end scene when they showed the red Ai. On the positive side, though red Ai is stereotypical tsundere, the show played her well enough I had favorable feelings.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-30, 15:35   Link #98
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
i think is more like "some peoples" don't had read enough or watched enoug animes to know which "the majority" of lolicons shows, the mc aways "claim" not being a lolicon, but as th "perv lucky" mcs which not claim being perv like the famous "rito" the manga god aways put them in "lolicon situations" or make many lolicons jokes" and only nearly in some cases they ending accepting being "lolicons", this is how "lolicon bait series are", the mc never is a "true lolicon" or peoples could automatically already see him as "trash" and only "lolicon public could accept(most of them).

That is why "bait normally means", its like series like "K" where the characters are "not gay" but you have a lot of "double standarts interactions which could give a "gay" vib to the serie to attract the "fujoshis and peoples which love that sort of things.

IT's not just "being surrounded" it's the interactions and jokes, like him proposing to a 6 years old girl be his bride, bring to real life and don't thing which that guy could not be already scorned by his behavious, becaue that sort of behaviou you normally don't see peoples having.
Amusing to be told that I don't watch enough anime to know. Trust me, I watch more than enough. And in fact, a heck of a lot of the ones with "lucky pervert" moments involving young characters and high numbers of young characters have significant evidence to suggest that, like with your other "lucky pervert" stuff, circumstance does not equate to intent. If anything, it's more true with them. It's just that when people see it involving "lolicon" content they become even more prone to condemn, so that even if they were willing to accept that maybe this guy really didn't have any such intent and was just worried about how it looks with a normal person, when it's with a loli they just say "no, he is definitely into that". A guy in his situation is going to freak out at the idea of such accusations being sent his way. It's not something you don't see people having. You may not see that level of reaction, but given the levels of reaction typical to anime, a guy scared of false accusations and forced into questionable relationships is bound to react when actual accusations occur. And as I said before, the bride thing is just a matter of perspective. If you look at it as "I can't have her as a disciple, what would I like instead" then it looks bad, but that doesn't look like his thought process. Rather he sees this girl who likes him and is clearly upset by his rejection and he's thinking "she's upset because I rejected her, what would make her happy?" and for that, marriage is frankly quite typical. It was dumb, yes, but it wasn't "I want her, so I'm going to propose to her". If you looked with those same eyes at most guys in most anime with ecchi situational humor you'd be calling every last one of them predators that need to be locked up. But a whole lot of them aren't; many even have very strict moral standards that they won't give up on and don't want to give up on, and the same thing is true of people like this or the heroes of many other similar shows.
Old 2018-01-30, 16:14   Link #99
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Amusing to be told that I don't watch enough anime to know. Trust me, I watch more than enough. And in fact, a heck of a lot of the ones with "lucky pervert" moments involving young characters and high numbers of young characters have significant evidence to suggest that, like with your other "lucky pervert" stuff, circumstance does not equate to intent. If anything, it's more true with them. It's just that when people see it involving "lolicon" content they become even more prone to condemn, so that even if they were willing to accept that maybe this guy really didn't have any such intent and was just worried about how it looks with a normal person, when it's with a loli they just say "no, he is definitely into that". A guy in his situation is going to freak out at the idea of such accusations being sent his way. It's not something you don't see people having. You may not see that level of reaction, but given the levels of reaction typical to anime, a guy scared of false accusations and forced into questionable relationships is bound to react when actual accusations occur. And as I said before, the bride thing is just a matter of perspective. If you look at it as "I can't have her as a disciple, what would I like instead" then it looks bad, but that doesn't look like his thought process. Rather he sees this girl who likes him and is clearly upset by his rejection and he's thinking "she's upset because I rejected her, what would make her happy?" and for that, marriage is frankly quite typical. It was dumb, yes, but it wasn't "I want her, so I'm going to propose to her". If you looked with those same eyes at most guys in most anime with ecchi situational humor you'd be calling every last one of them predators that need to be locked up. But a whole lot of them aren't; many even have very strict moral standards that they won't give up on and don't want to give up on, and the same thing is true of people like this or the heroes of many other similar shows.
at last for me i don't like either situation, neither the "perv lucky or accidental perv or the accidental lolicon" both are bad for me and are just forced to make the "at last for me "most creep" type of perv peoples", both are pretty cumb, he could had come with many others ways to refuse her request without go on that and she accept since she is a 6 years kid, all he could need say was which he can only teach peoples with 9+ years and only when she reach that age he will be her teach and make that "promise" or something else, rater than "propose" even if he really don't wanted that we know the "true means" which he choose that" and it was exactly to pander the "lolicons", that is my big problem most of that jokes are not really "fun" or good if you are "not fine" witht he creep lolicon" the same i can say for perv lucky and others "forced situation" just for the sake of "make the taste of some "let's say "fail creep or with creep tastes".

I really never enjoyed series like specially the mc, normally i hate that sort of "dumb mc" which does that crap things just for the sake of "fanservice for a "specific audience" and to be sure i'm not talking about "political rights or anything like that i can enjoy good comedy and ecchi as long it don't feel forced and creep.

Again if that serie was really only about "shogi" it could not need all that creep moments being "poped on us" i can point a lot of "series with lolis" and which are actually good and you don't have that creep and bad jokes on them.

My point is which this serie is a obvious "lolicon bait" serie as many others " bait" series where the mc do creep things for the sake of "fanservice(not aways sexual) for the sake to attract or focus on x type of public.

My big problem with that situations is which they normally make the mc looks like a "bs lier", because while he keep "claim which he is a saint" he still keep doing crap things for the sake of or "comedy or ecchi or attract "that public" which make him really look not really "that nice guy" as he claim to be, my primary exemple aways will be rito on that, because if he was really that "saint" he claim to be he could already tried to true stop that things by stopping of random running in places where he was not supposed to run, look to where he is walking and try to do "most of normal things" he was supposed to do and not be your "generic pathetic mc troope mc, which aways will be my big problem on japanese anime/manga/novels, that "generic mcs troopes with a lot of really bad traits which make you want to punch them in the face for being too fail humans.
Old 2018-01-31, 00:33   Link #100
alex_drian

Complain about that in this stage, you are new in anime or what?
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
loli main heroine, lolicon, shogi