AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-04-16, 08:19   Link #81
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Just saw this. That summary and that cover are both amazing. Definitely buying this in the bookstore when it comes out... since I'm in Kyoto... and will be able to do that conveniently next month.

This sounds like it might be one of the best volumes yet. I really, really like the cover. It's very uncharacteristic of this series, and that makes it all the more forboding.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-16, 22:46   Link #82
KiharaRonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I really, really like the cover. It's very uncharacteristic of this series, and that makes it all the more forboding.
This is only the 4th volume which's cover doesn't use a girl to boost sales. The only other volumes being OT15, OT19, and NT14.
KiharaRonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-16, 23:32   Link #83
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

NT9 cover was Othinus and was a good volume. OTOH NT10 had a cool looking cover yet was a mess.

Needs more of them like OT15,19.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-17, 07:12   Link #84
KiharaRonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
NT9 cover was Othinus and was a good volume. OTOH NT10 had a cool looking cover yet was a mess.

I'm not gonna get in to the whole NT10 debate again (though i agree with you), but i will say the black and white cover style of the GROUP Volumes was awesome and should return.
Old 2017-04-17, 08:53   Link #85
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post

That may be true, but I don't remember Index having such a derpy cover before. I'm used to Haimura's art being really pretty. This actually makes this cover all the more unsettling/uncomfortable, which is why I actually really like it.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-17, 11:06   Link #86
KiharaRonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
That may be true, but I don't remember Index having such a derpy cover before. I'm used to Haimura's art being really pretty. This actually makes this cover all the more unsettling/uncomfortable, which is why I actually really like it.
It gives Aleister the intimitating look he deserves.
Old 2017-04-20, 06:03   Link #87
itine
No Book No Live

NT18 HQ Cover with Text*

NT18 HQ Cover with Text*
itine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-20, 07:33   Link #88
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Looks like he's a fan of the Zelda series, and has recently bought Breath of the Wild on his Switch.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-29, 07:06   Link #89
Last_Aeon
I'm a boy, enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itine View Post
Aleister's like, 'got any problem bro?'
Last_Aeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-30, 06:02   Link #90
itine
No Book No Live

There was 4-page of Kamachi NT17 BONUS SS (Not for Sale Pamphlet) Exclusive of Gamers! Store (Currently, translate by our translator in Baka-Tsuki),
In there, There talk between Uiharu & Kuroko about:

Spoiler for Using Final Bosses to Determine a Sociological Threat:

And Lucky for who live in Japan next "Gamer!-store" will be releasing Kamachi NT18 BONUS SS also
Spoiler for NT18 Bonus SS:

Last edited by itine; 2017-04-30 at 06:14.
itine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-30, 08:00   Link #91
KiharaRonin

Quote:
There was 4-page of Kamachi NT17 BONUS SS (Not for Sale Pamphlet) Exclusive of Gamers! Store (Currently, translate by our translator in Baka-Tsuki),

And Lucky for who live in Japan next "Gamer!-store" will be releasing Kamachi NT18 BONUS SS also
So I'm guessing we can expect a fight between Laura and Aleister. I do wonder who the true final boss is though. I'm gonna go with Laura since we're dealing with Aleister now.
Old 2017-04-30, 09:31   Link #92
The One Above God
Kamijou

It could be that Aiwass is just screwing them both and that it is actually the secret final boss after both have worn themselves out.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-30, 10:56   Link #93
KiharaRonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Above God View Post
It could be that Aiwass is just screwing them both and that it is actually the secret final boss after both have worn themselves out.
My theory is Aleister will start his plan, Laura will attack him, the two's forces will clash, Touma and his friends will get caught up, Aleister will lose in the end, Laura will put a plan into action, and after Touma's done with her, Aiwass will be the final boss as you said.
Old 2017-05-01, 00:49   Link #94
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:

Not exactly a surprise, but to think it would actually be brought up, even if its in such an obscure way.

Wait, what am I saying? This is Kamachi 101

My vote goes for Laura, by the way, since A) we're just starting to deal with Crowley, B) We really should get back to England at some point. C) I just want to see her smugness taken down a notch.

Not the most logical of reasons, I'm aware, but its how I feel.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-01, 06:16   Link #95
KiharaRonin

At least people can stop getting mad when I mention Laura could be a candidate for villain after Crowley.
Old 2017-05-01, 07:58   Link #96
entei08

The preview pages are out, can't wait.
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-01, 15:09   Link #97
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Imma Laugh if Laura becomes another Ally, of course after a little bit of a confrontation. Her treatment of Index no matter if it was for the greater good needs to be addressed.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-01, 15:51   Link #98
KiharaRonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
Imma Laugh if Laura becomes another Ally, of course after a little bit of a confrontation. Her treatment of Index no matter if it was for the greater good needs to be addressed.
I doubt Kamachi would do that. She will definitely follow Aleister.
Old 2017-05-01, 15:56   Link #99
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiharaRonin View Post
I doubt Kamachi would do that. She will definitely follow Aleister.
IDK Kamachi's been doing it this whole freaking Series in a way.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-01, 18:19   Link #100
KiharaRonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
IDK Kamachi's been doing it this whole freaking Series in a way.
We barely know anything about Laura. We know she hates Aleister, will do whatever to stay in power, and wants Tsuchimikado to spy on Touma and Fran to spy on Kakeru. She used the Collar to keep info out of the wrong hands and set up the situation with Orsola to keep Kanzaki on her side. She hate Queen Elizard and has been talking about something very mysterious to come at the end of NT10-15.

We barely know about her because she's had a background role, but if her Crowley fight and we learn more about her, it would be the perfect time for Kamachi to bring up this point and there's the added fact that she has the backup controller for Index.