AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-24, 12:39   Link #61
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
I don't think the WG knows he is a acquaintance of Iva , i mean ivan said that, but how loud did he said it , was it something he said in his mind etc etc. Plus kuma is strong i don't think kizaru could just beam kill him . Out of the 3 i think kizaru is worst match for kuma to tell you the truth .
Well Kizaru because he is the closest Admiral to the truth.He and Sentoumaru witnessed Kuma destroying a pacifista, vanishing strawhats and finally whispering to Rayleigh.

If nothing extraordinary happens at the end of this battle, Kuma may have to answer some questions to World Government and Kizaru.Like:

How Luffy survived so called "vanish",
Why preventing strawhats unavoidable death at the hands of Kizaru/Sentomaru?
Why going Saboady Archipelago at such wrong time without warning anyone? Sengoku even tried preventing a man that can travel as fast as light from going there,
What Iva was bubbling about (If anyone closeby heard of it, as you stated)

Besides Kuma Vs an admiral? Sure Kuma is strong but I dont think he can lay even a scratch on an admiral.First of all Kuma will never be able to touch/hit/blast Kizaru (without a proper haki) and If Akainu is logia, Kuma would fry into liquid metal.Maybe Kuma can do something to Aokiji since he is at least touchable before shattering but thats only if Aokiji stands still sleeping...
Old 2009-09-24, 13:24   Link #62
marvelB

Ah, looks like I was wrong about Luffy and Moria...... Moria wants to steal Luffy's shadow again so he can reanimate Oars Jr. (lol at Luffy calling Moria annoying ). I see that the zombies still have stitches and animal limbs, so I guess Moria really did have Hogback prepare him a little undead army in advance......

Anyway, I thought this chapter was awesome. While we see Luffy rushing through thousands of marines again, notice that he isn't practically steamrolling through them like he did in Enies Lobby, which of course makes sense (he even comments on how tough the marines are). Y'know, before this arc I had figured that Luffy wouldn't encounter Smoker again until they met in the New World, but seeing how chaotic things are now it's very much possible that they could confront each other as soon as next chapter. Perhaps that would be the best opportunity for Luffy to realize his true potential in his Haki. And besides, Smoker would be a good opponent since he's a powerful Logia, but not quite admiral-level.......

Oh, and it's great to see more Buggy shenanigans! I love how his followers mistake his cry to go home as trash-talk to Kizaru. Boy, would it be hilarious if Buggy really were forced to face an admiral......
Old 2009-09-24, 13:25   Link #63
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Just read the chapter; nobody heard Iva, those were only his thoughts.

Quite a bit of action in this chapter, I thought it was ok. I can see where Phenom is coming from though; so far only cannon fodder (even if it's some of the strongest cannon fodder we've ever seen in OP) has been beaten on both sides, no major players have gone down yet in this battle.

I wonder to what heights Luffy's bounty will soar after this arc? There was the Tenryuubito affair, Impel Down breakin/breakout and now his participation in the battle at Marineford (which completes his trilogy of causing mayhem at the major marine facilities), not to mention his relation to Ace and his father being Dragon made public.

Btw, why did those zombies come from the ground? For theatric effect? I can't imagine Moria would bother to bury them there.
Old 2009-09-24, 13:28   Link #64
Prestige

Well I decided to not look any spoilers this week,

I dont know if its by not spoiling myself or chapter being so awesome by default that this chapter was exceptional freaking awesome even by recent OP standard...

So magnificent chapter... I am literally shaking after readin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
I just read the entire script and Again, Nothing is or has been happening, Just more Luffy praise and how everyone is becoming Luffy's tools...That's weak Oda..

Crap chapter..
Shut the hell up you fool, your taste/attidute is now offically full of shit...

No one agrees with anything you say at Bleach chapter discussions what you seem to fan over all reason, and no one agrees to anything you say in OP chapter discussion what you seem to hate over all reason.

You have finally made yourself fool enough to make very first person to reach my ignore list in this forum...
Old 2009-09-24, 13:33   Link #65
Cinocard

So, what is exactly Iva's "death wink" nature. When he first showed up I though "Wow, how badass, he only winked and people fly, what would happen if he uses a death punch?"

But now it seems that he cannot even punch...

And is Hina qualify for a "girl?" Sometimes she looks 17, other times she looks 38 with a husband a 2 sons

But I must say, this is the best of the recent dozen OP chapters.

Last edited by Cinocard; 2009-09-24 at 13:48.
Old 2009-09-24, 13:35   Link #66
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Another great chapter!

I was stoked about this war happening, then when it kicked into 2nd gear with Whitebeard showing up as he did, was awesome.

Now we got it kicking into 3rd gear and just brilliant!

I love the little part with Buggy, always amusing
Old 2009-09-24, 13:43   Link #67
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
And is Hina qualify for a "girl?" Sometimes she looks 17, other times she looks 38 with a husband a 2 sons

That's just the thing.... Iva (and the rest of the okamas) are sexually ambiguous. They're technically both male and female (though I guess Iva's DF power makes it easier to distinguish between both his genders, heh).

Anyways, the fact that Garp says that Luffy's reputation as a pirate eclipses his reputation as Dragon's son definitely speaks volumes for the amount of infamy he'll gain when this storyline is over. We've been saying all along that he'll get a huge jump in his bounty anyway thanks to all of these exploits, but I think that Garp's words pretty much sealed the deal. I certainly can't wait to see what price Luffy will get on his head (and Buggy too, of course).......
Old 2009-09-24, 13:46   Link #68
kakakka

Hina is sexually ambiguous?
Old 2009-09-24, 13:51   Link #69
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Anyways, the fact that Garp says that Luffy's reputation as a pirate eclipses his reputation as Dragon's son definitely speaks volumes for the amount of infamy he'll gain when this storyline is over. We've been saying all along that he'll get a huge jump in his bounty anyway thanks to all of these exploits, but I think that Garp's words pretty much sealed the deal. I certainly can't wait to see what price Luffy will get on his head (and Buggy too, of course).......
Well I think WG has been hesitant to give Luffy high bountys, I really think that destruction of Enies Lobby/CP9 should been signifant enough to justify higher bounty for Luffy.

I think WG dont want that Luffy becomes anymore famous, bounty measures persons stature in OP world in many cases and since Luffy and his crew has been so dangerous to World Goverment I think they try to keep him as much out of public as they can.

I guess that whatever outcome this war will be and if Luffy is can escape I doubt that Luffys bounty will go past 500 000 000, if Luffy gets really huge bounty he will get massive reputation and become example for many rookie pirates.

Well this is just my speculation so I can and probly be wrong.

Quote:
No, she just speaks herself in third person, and she smokes and art has changed alot since Arabasta.

Oh and I found that ''Hina Fails'' was pretty funny =)
Old 2009-09-24, 13:53   Link #70
Cinocard

Quote:
Yeah, I thought I meant "age ambiguous" in my post...

Quote:
I certainly can't wait to see what price Luffy will get on his head (and Buggy too, of course).......
Yeah, I'm interested in how Buggy would do after this war would be over. I can't see him joining Strawhat or..Whitebread (if he survives), but he's certainly smart enough to know he can't survive in the new world with the current joke crews of him.
Old 2009-09-24, 13:56   Link #71
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
Yeah, I'm interested in how Buggy would do after this war would be over. I can't see him joining Strawhat or..Whitebread (if he survives), but he's certainly smart enough to know he can't survive in the new world with the current joke crews of him.
Buggy has/had 15 000 000 beli bounty...he will get 100% sure increase of bounty if he can survive.

Being labeled member of Gol D Rogers crew, one of main architechts of Impel Down escape and joining this war will give him very nice bounty.

Yeah it would be hilarious if someone like Buggy would get +300 000 000 beli bounty
Old 2009-09-24, 13:56   Link #72
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post

Lol, sorry, I mistook Hina for Iva. Uh, I believe that Hina is in her 30's, actually.....
Old 2009-09-24, 13:58   Link #73
Blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Buggy has/had 15 000 000 beli bounty...he will get 100% sure increase of bounty if he can survive.

Being labeled member of Gol D Rogers crew, one of main architechts of Impel Down escape and joining this war will give him very nice bounty.

Yeah it would be hilarious if someone like Buggy would get +300 000 000 beli bounty
Given his history as a member of the pirate kings crew im surprised his bounty is as low as 15 million.
Old 2009-09-24, 13:58   Link #74
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
it was a pascifistha
Yeah it was.

You can see clearly here

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/558/06/

panel on the bottom right that he is not holding onto a bible.

The real Kuma has a bible, that is one of his distinguishing features.

Good chapter btw, though I thought Oda was rushing it a bit.
Old 2009-09-24, 14:00   Link #75
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Everybody went insane when they heard Luffy was the song of Dragon.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2009-09-24, 14:00   Link #76
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Yeah it was.

You can see clearly here

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/558/06/

There's smoke though. Too blurry to see his hands
Old 2009-09-24, 14:02   Link #77
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Shut the hell up you fool, your taste/attidute is now offically full of shit...

No one agrees with anything you say at Bleach chapter discussions what you seem to fan over all reason, and no one agrees to anything you say in OP chapter discussion what you seem to hate over all reason.

You have finally made yourself fool enough to make very first person to reach my ignore list in this forum...
I've been asking you to put me on your ignore list or come with a decent retort you have always failed with the latter and I'm glad you chose the former.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Quite a bit of action in this chapter, I thought it was ok. I can see where Phenom is coming from though; so far only cannon fodder (even if it's some of the strongest cannon fodder we've ever seen in OP) has been beaten on both sides, no major players have gone down yet in this battle.
I believe heavy action won't start until Blackbeard shows up. I hate the fact that every major player has become Luffy's life support. Chapter wasn't good.
Old 2009-09-24, 14:08   Link #78
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Yeah it was.

You can see clearly here

[LINK]

Partially Incorrect...
It's true that Kuma does carry a bible, but as we saw on thiller bark, the bible disappears (he puts it away) when he is in combat...

Futharmore, we saw back before the war broke out, when we got a look at the world gov't's line up, the Kuma that was standing there with the other shichibukai was holding a bible... so the real kuma IS there... there is a chance that they called in the cyborgs in addition to him, but i think until oda makes it CLEAR that they are faux kumas (shooting from the hand, showing more than one "kuma"), we should assume the one shooting at Iva is the real deal (though we can still speculate... either hie's a cyborg, or Kuma is being hard to read again)

Also, you are not allowed to link to such manga sites on these forums
If you got to show a page, copy the image's url, and bring into image shack and host it through there
Old 2009-09-24, 14:11   Link #79
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Great chapter, much better than last week.

The fact that Kuma and Iva seem to have been friends in the past was nice little twist. Considering he attacked Iva though and Iva appeared to be shocked at that fact, I wonder if that means something happened to Kuma once he was given his cybernetic enhancements...?

Also I find it amsuing how Luffy and Whitebeard talk with each other like they've know each other for a long time. Ol' Whitebeard really seems to have taken a liking to him.~

Hina's return was nostalgic. Sometimes I forget she even has a devil fruit. xD;

Next week can't come any sooner...
Old 2009-09-24, 14:19   Link #80
marvelB

By the way, it's definitely the genuine Kuma fighting at Marineford. How do I know? Because he has the goddamn paw fruit power:

Spoiler:

Remember, none of the clones have that DF power. And besides, we've already seen the original Kuma use a laser against Zoro at Thriller Bark:

Spoiler:

So yeah, I'm pretty sure that this Kuma is the real deal.
Closed Thread