AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-09, 12:05   Link #321
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Roflmao, I'm so sorry to hear that Ryus; I know how annoying it is when the UPS and delivery guys can't seem to wait 5 seconds for someone to show up -_-.

The heat-wave however is a reasonable excuse - you live in DC, and that's supposed to be the hottest place in the country right now :O.
Old 2010-07-09, 12:10   Link #322
shogun01
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Also the artbook required a signature for some stupid reason... so it couldn't be left at my front door. All the post man did was leave me a half completed notification of deliver attempt... he didn't even check off the first delivery attempt or final delivery attempt box. Maybe he'll redeliver tomorrow and actually do his job this time.
Just an FYI, most packages coming from over seas usually require a signature. It's typical protocol, especially in Asian countries. It has to be certified or it doesn't leave the country.

Personally, I just sign the slip and take a quick trip to the post office. That will be the quickest way in getting the package.
Old 2010-07-09, 12:27   Link #323
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Roflmao, I'm so sorry to hear that Ryus; I know how annoying it is when the UPS and delivery guys can't seem to wait 5 seconds for someone to show up -_-.

The heat-wave however is a reasonable excuse - you live in DC, and that's supposed to be the hottest place in the country right now :O.
Only mid 90's (F)... national map shows someplace live Atlanta and Arizona being slightly hotter temp wise. Even with the heat index though DC isn't the hottest (but up there)... Georgia seems to be #1 (lucky them ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun01 View Post
Just an FYI, most packages coming from over seas usually require a signature. It's typical protocol, especially in Asian countries. It has to be certified or it doesn't leave the country.

Personally, I just sign the slip and take a quick trip to the post office. That will be the quickest way in getting the package.
Normally, I would but the slip says it won't be brought back to the local post office until after 5pm and the local post office closes its doors at 5pm (and tomorrow they close at 2pm). They're cutting their hours for budget reasons... I'm not used to this small local branch post offices. I used to live next to one of the major hubs open till 9pm.

If I don't get it tomorrow I will pick up it from the post office on Monday.
Old 2010-07-09, 12:34   Link #324
shogun01
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Normally, I would but the slip says it won't be brought back to the local post office until after 5pm and the local post office closes its doors at 5pm (and tomorrow they close at 2pm).
Show up at 4:45pm, the postal worker would have returned by then and you should be able to pick it up.
Old 2010-07-09, 13:13   Link #325
Squawks
PSI you from behind

hey man, at least the mailman showed up, I haven't received anything yet! D:
Old 2010-07-09, 19:38   Link #326
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaalChaamon View Post
One of my work colleagues is in Tokyo at the moment
and I've asked him to get me the Clare figure http://www.riuva.com/?p=705in one of the shops.

Can anyone point me out to any shop that might stock them
Sorry for answering a month late, but, if you're still looking...

Ah yes - the Megahouse Clare excellent model. It is rather a nice one. I think Megahouse has made a second batch some time ago (the first batch sold out in preorders 2 months before the release date).

ebay has some stuff - but there are an insane amount of counterfeits on it - especially for that Clare figure. Basically, if you have the stand with the red letters spelling out Claymore on the base, it's a fake. I'd be very weary of getting one of those from ebay.

The best place I found for hard to find anime/manga stuff is yahoo auctions japan : auctions.yahoo.co.jp
Usually the sellers only ship to japan addresses...
*BUT*
If you don't live in japan, and don't mind paying the premium on the commission fees and double shipping charges, there is a company http://www.rinkya.com/ that allows you to buy from japanese online stores (including yahoo auctions), get it shipped to them, and then send it off to you. It's a bit costly, but if you need any rare and out of print anime/manga stuffs, then it's probably your best bet.
Old 2010-07-10, 13:01   Link #327
Ryus
The One Eyed King

It's Mine! All Mine!

Now to figure out how to work my scanner... so I can share.
Old 2010-07-10, 14:18   Link #328
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
I'm sure you will figure it out.
Old 2010-07-13, 14:59   Link #329
Squawks
PSI you from behind

yesssssssss finally it came together with vol 18 I am p happy.
Old 2010-07-13, 17:38   Link #330
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Don't ruin your book man. Let someone else do it, I'm sure someone will.

Take some digital pictures of the inside though. I want to see what it looks like. I am thinking of getting it, I never bought an artbook before so I am clueless.
Old 2010-07-13, 20:04   Link #331
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Don't ruin your book man. Let someone else do it, I'm sure someone will.

Take some digital pictures of the inside though. I want to see what it looks like. I am thinking of getting it, I never bought an artbook before so I am clueless.
Did just that actually and I posted them on the image thread without thinking a few days ago... sorry.

Quote:
Just got the Claymore Memorabilia Book (aka the "artbook") I tried to use my scanner to upload some pics for you all... but scanner didn't work since I'm missing the install disc (damn my misplacing it during the move). So I used my cell phones camera to take pics of it. Sorry for the resolution but this is the best camera I've access to at the moment. I have a much better camera... somewhere.

Just a sampling of what's in the book...

Spoiler for Small Sampling of the Claymore Memorabilia book:

I gotta admit even though I've seen most of these pics... the resolution of them in the artbook is great. Even better is the fact that none of the images have text all over them, so it's nothing but ART! Plus it feels great owning a real copy.
Old 2010-07-13, 20:51   Link #332
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Some of the designs look strange. I guess they are early concepts or something.

And you can probably download the drivers and all from the manufacturer website. I never use the CD that comes with it since there is often a new version, not to mention updates with fixes.
Old 2010-07-18, 01:24   Link #333
Ulquihorror

Noel/Teresa has a huge rack. I wonder who is the surgeon
Old 2010-07-18, 13:23   Link #334
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Talking

Well I got my artbook monday and let me say... I luv it All the designs are amazing. BTW: Teresa does seem 2 be large in the chest area.
Old 2010-07-20, 21:32   Link #335
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquihorror View Post
Noel/Teresa has a huge rack. I wonder who is the surgeon
All that yoma flesh had to go somewhere, right?

Twitter
Old 2010-07-23, 13:27   Link #336
warrior

Claymore Memorabilia Book
http://www.ziddu.com/download/108251...liaMQ.rar.html
Old 2010-07-23, 16:19   Link #337
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior View Post
Thank you very much!!!!
Old 2010-08-05, 17:00   Link #338
Joe_fh

Thanks so much for that.
The art really looks amazing. Oh how I wish I could own it as well.
Some images don't really look very Claymore like but that doesn't make them any less superb.

And is that Riful on page 4 with normal coloured hair or it just looks like her?
Old 2010-08-05, 18:08   Link #339
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Thanks so much for that.
The art really looks amazing. Oh how I wish I could own it as well.
Some images don't really look very Claymore like but that doesn't make them any less superb.

And is that Riful on page 4 with normal coloured hair or it just looks like her?
Do you mean the image with the red background... yeah that's Riful. If you notice her arm is splitting as if she is using her arms to attack someone with her ribbon tentacle blade. Likely implying that's her grabbing Jean.

A lot of the images in the artbook appears to be concept art for characters and/or the inspiration behind them. So not all of it looks like stuff from Claymore but with 90% of those art works you can tell right way whom it was a concept of. Personally I find it really neat

--------

I just went through the digital file and there is some stuff missing
One image of Clare from page 5 of the artbook
Spoiler for pic:

2 images (one being the cover of volume 7) pages 54 and 55 of the art book
Spoiler for 2 pics:

1 double page image (being the colored page included in ch 100) pages 70 and 71 of the art book
Spoiler for pic:

2 images missing (being Raphaela and Luciela standing back to back, and awakened Jean (so nudity), both B&W) pages 94 and 95 of the artbook
Spoiler for pic - nudity (awakened Jean):

and finally a concept art piece (reminds me of Priscilla) being page 127 of the artbook.
Spoiler for pic:

Sorry for the image quality my camera is just a phone camera Good news is none are new pics and have been floating around in one form or another for some time now.
Old 2010-08-05, 18:42   Link #340
Joe_fh

I actually meant the one in that file that says 004 (left side) - No idea if that is actually the real page number (seriously doubt that )and the background is kind of more light orange or yellowish . You have the original though so you should know best The girl is kind of nude ( might narrow them down a bit I guees ) The eyes and mouth seem similar to Riful's though they have a different colur and the hair is a bit more pointy and again a different colour. She also looks kind of more *cough* developed.
Basically that's not really her but yet it looks really similar. I think she is holding a Claymore though.

The concept ones are great. Personally I love concept art and how a character evloves to end up looking the way it does.

Oh and while I would love good scans of these awesome images I'd advise you not to even try scaning. You'll probably ruin it if you do it. I'll send AFs after you if you do it (yeah that sounded funnier in my mind)

And thanks for the new pics
Closed Thread