AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 104 69.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 22.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 6.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-05-12, 23:49   Link #181
chaos_animagic

I shed a tear everytime a Misaka sister is killed. (I think I ran out of tears, LOL)

And I still hates Accel, no matter if he "doesn't want to kill" or not... (even if he looks cool)

BTW, epic ending there...

[mod edit: removed hint]

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-05-13 at 14:27.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 23:53   Link #182
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouka View Post
is it me or they are really trying to fit in the filler girl of last season to this series
Haruue is the canon character now. Novel author recognize her and even put her in one of novel illustration.
Old 2013-05-12, 23:57   Link #183
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Haruue's appeared in the Railgun manga as well.
Old 2013-05-13, 07:21   Link #184
Sol Falling

This episode was the kind of shallow pretentiousness which ensures that I will never pick up index...cheap emotional manipulation trying to justify itself through some "deep" or "significant" message. Don't fool yourself, guys: this shit is entertainment through and through.

Countless works of "art" have managed to take me to the brink of tears, but this series will probably never manage it. Because in the end the singular thing which speaks to me in any work is the author's final, ultimate intention, and this series has never managed to show me anything which hinted that the story has something to say on that level.

I don't mind mindless entertainment, but I'll only take emotion which comes from the heart. Something manufactured will be unsatisfying, no matter the technical skill put into producing it.

Fiction, imagination, and authorship are strange things. Through the power of symbolically represented worlds, single, irrelevant humans are able to wield power over entire fictional realities. Naturally, these worlds create the path to fields of boundless freedom and temptation. In the end, I prefer to properly face reality. Though fiction can make people gods, the things I most want to hear are the simple/important things, which can only be passed from a human to another human.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 07:25   Link #185
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Wow, that's a whole lot of nothing-to-do-with-the-episode you got written there.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 07:35   Link #186
Shadrala
Level 5 Railgun Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
This episode was the kind of shallow pretentiousness which ensures that I will never pick up index...cheap emotional manipulation trying to justify itself through some "deep" or "significant" message. Don't fool yourself, guys: this shit is entertainment through and through.

Countless works of "art" have managed to take me to the brink of tears, but this series will probably never manage it. Because in the end the singular thing which speaks to me in any work is the author's final, ultimate intention, and this series has never managed to show me anything which hinted that the story has something to say on that level.

I don't mind mindless entertainment, but I'll only take emotion which comes from the heart. Something manufactured will be unsatisfying, no matter the technical skill put into producing it.

Fiction, imagination, and authorship are strange things. Through the power of symbolically represented worlds, single, irrelevant humans are able to wield power over entire fictional realities. Naturally, these worlds create the path to fields of boundless freedom and temptation. In the end, I prefer to properly face reality. Though fiction can make people gods, the things I most want to hear are the simple/important things, which can only be passed from a human to another human.
Umm... What are you even doing on these forums then?
Go face your 'reality'! Or does your 'reality' involve being a forum troll?

Shadrala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 07:41   Link #187
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Calling the transformation of 9982 from "newborn" to clueless girl to experimental subject as "cheap emotional manipulation" is a bit insulting, both to the production team, but also to those who were able to grasp what the production team, and Kamachi by extension, wants to portray. I also notice that in your elaborate speech, I assume that you are not interested in the franchise to begin with.

Quote:
Too subjective and a bit grandstanding. Railgun isn't trying to be a piece of art, for one.
Again, this is a sign that you're not really investing anything in the series.

Quote:
This is not Hiyao Miyazaki. This is not 5cm per Second. This is not Ookami Kodomo Ame to Yuki.
Sorry to disappoint you.

Quote:
And immersion in a fictional world is a sin? I disagree. A person can still be capable of absorbing and being absorbed into a fictional world whilst keeping oneself planted firmly on the ground that is reality.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 07:42   Link #188
Dr. Casey

He's not a troll, though he's being a rather stereotypical literature snob here.

Last edited by Dr. Casey; 2013-05-13 at 08:24.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 07:49   Link #189
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Well, we don't need the likes of him here. We've long accepted the fact that anime need not literature critics.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 08:25   Link #190
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Is the episode worthy enough to watch and endure second season of railgun? some of you probably know that I already planned on just waiting for it to finished because I just can't stand some scene but by reaction when "one way road" shows up. It interest me enough to try but not yet convince to try watching hell.
This adaptation so far has been extremely well done. I'm very impressed. Better than the first season.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 08:26   Link #191
Dr. Casey

Ah, I didn't think that would count as a spoiler since it's such general info. Thanks for the answer, Ili.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 08:58   Link #192
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Ah, I didn't think that would count as a spoiler since it's such general info. Thanks for the answer, Ili.
Don't mention it. I think Chaos actually means that it's off topic though, which it is so since you've seen it I'll just delete it now.

To make this post at least partially on topic I'll just say that I really liked how they changed the ED for this episode. I really like the much more somber tone. I hope they keep it until the end of the Sisters arc at least.
Old 2013-05-13, 09:00   Link #193
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Actually it does count as spoilers here because the rule is that if it isn't already covered so far in this or the previous season of Railgun Anime, it is not allowed.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 09:15   Link #194
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Dude, if you think Railgun uses cheap emotional manipulation, the only thing you won't consider manipulative is a cell metabolism presentation. AKA, boring as fuck. Every medium uses different techniques to stir an emotional reaction from the audience - it's necessary for the intermingling of the audience with the story and characters. The problem is when it is used cheaply to manipulate the audience without real feeling or care put into it. If the author doesn't feel it, why should the audience?
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 09:51   Link #195
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
This is not Hiyao Miyazaki. This is not 5cm per Second. This is not Ookami Kodomo Ame to Yuki.
Sorry to disappoint you.
Saddly, thats not his situation so....

Guys, don't feed the troll.

Some people like him thinks this is shit but at the same time call cheap/cliche yuri drama as art.

Lets put that aside.

I guess next episode will feature Mikoto trying to fight Accelerator but as the preview shows she will fail so that will end fast, so what will fill about 22 mins??

Maybe they plan to add screentime featuring the other 3 girls?
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 09:53   Link #196
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Shoosh, no one insults yuri. :P

They may be continuing to the aftermath afterward. I bet it will give them more than enough material.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 14:20   Link #197
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
This adaptation so far has been extremely well done. I'm very impressed. Better than the first season.
Ah, so I was not mistaken. I dropped the first season after a few episodes, but this one has me hooked.

Was Mikoto always so harsh? I feel as if we are getting more of her harsh side this time around.

Being a romance junkie, I want to see more of Touma. I don't think canon (as opposed to doujin) Mikoto is interested in Kuroko that way, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 14:36   Link #198
Destined_Fate

Mikoto isn't attracted to Kuroko at all. Kuroko is just her overly obsessed friend that she can rely upon fully even with her "quirks" that anger Mikoto every so often.

Lots of people want to see Touma(And I support Misaka's love for that lug head) but I believe we'll have to wait a bit longer before he shows up in this season.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 20:26   Link #199
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
I don't know if this model applied electromagnetism and nuclear physics.
There are vectors involved with those

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ Well, we don't need the likes of him here. We've long accepted the fact that anime need not literature critics.
There's a reason he's been on my ignore list since So.Ra.No.Wo.To
Old 2013-05-13, 22:11   Link #200
VTHokiePride

With the introduction of Accelerator and the Sisters, does this mean the end of this season leads into Index?

Spoiler for Index Spoilers:

Tags
clone abuse, despair