AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2018-04-08, 15:00   Link #1841
EroKing
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Discord: Mr.Bushido#2164
__________________
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 15:02   Link #1842
xrick
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Portugal
Age: 30
Well, that sure was quick...
__________________
Looking for suggestions of Portuguese (of Portugal) Publishers that might have an interest in publishing a LN-style Original Novel Series.
xrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 15:06   Link #1843
Magewolf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
I think that so far the irony has been lost in this thread. Unless I have gone senile, we are talking about an anime that people outside japan have watched on a stream. No one has bought the discs releases to watch Darling in the FranXX, those are months into the future.

But people are saying downloads are hurting the comic books industry? WTF!? The industry is at least one full decade late to the party, we have quite comprehensive streaming services for anime (and movies and tv series) but there is no equivalent for comics and that is because the CEOs of said industries have no foresight.

Before someone says "but video is different, people would NEVER pay for digital printed material", we have already an example in rpg game books sold thru drivethrurpg or opengamingstore.

Marvel/DC need to start releasing their comics digitally (maybe upload them for free for a week and ask for a paid subscription if you want to access a library of past issues) and start to make animated versions of their hit series/stories (not watered down versions they usually create for TV) like manga publishers do. Also, release into graphic novel format those comics that they know are popular (because they can check how many people have read them).

-----------------------------------

Back on topic, I do not see Hiro going against the adults just yet, we do not know how this world works and they will no doubt be killed asap if they openly rebel without a real plan.
Off Topic
Marvel has a service that let you read virtually every comic they have ever put out(except their last six months) for a low monthly fee. And both Marvel and DC release all their new releases as digital download day and date with their physical books.

On Topic
Hiro is going to come out of this mad but I think he has to much sense to do anything without a lot of thought and more info. We may find out if the adults have them completely bugged if he tries to tell anybody else about what happened to him.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 15:17   Link #1844
_Ninja_
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Dr. Franxx knows their story. So he also arranged for them to be reunited. But also if he knew who Zero Two was looking for the entire time he kept it from her.
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 15:17   Link #1845
Norn
Dazed and Confused
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
On Topic
Hiro is going to come out of this mad but I think he has to much sense to do anything without a lot of thought and more info. We may find out if the adults have them completely bugged if he tries to tell anybody else about what happened to him.
Well, I don't think he'll even have the chance to. That's not where his priorities lie, I think. Z2 and Hiro will have a nice chat. Let's just hope that the adults won't make a move, Hiro "becoming like Z2" seemed pretty alarming to them.
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 15:22   Link #1846
_Ninja_
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn View Post
Let's just hope that the adults won't make a move, Hiro "becoming like Z2" seemed pretty alarming to them.
But considering how important Zero Two is shouldn't they be happy to have more than one?
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 15:26   Link #1847
Norn
Dazed and Confused
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ninja_ View Post
But considering how important Zero Two is shouldn't they be happy to have more than one?
That's what's so puzzling to me. I mean sure, it does mean that they lose the precious specimen that Hiro is, in a sense. But it doesn't warrant them being so alarmed. Unless this mutation is actually not as innocent as we think it is and it might have some nefarious effects on Hiro. Maybe next episode Hiro will collapse and be in coma for the whole episode.
Norn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 15:45   Link #1848
Skaddix
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Well in theory Dr. Franxx brought in Zero Two to meet Hiro as soon as he could without arousing too much suspicion seeing as Zero Two showed up right when this team got officially sworn in.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 15:45   Link #1849
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Mexico
Age: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
Off Topic
Marvel has a service that let you read virtually every comic they have ever put out(except their last six months) for a low monthly fee. And both Marvel and DC release all their new releases as digital download day and date with their physical books.
Mhh, interesting. Imagine how popular would Crunchyroll or Funimation would be if your memberships subscription to their their catalog did not include anything produced in the last six months or if you had to buy each recent episode before watching. Can you spell failure?

Quote:
On Topic
Hiro is going to come out of this mad but I think he has to much sense to do anything without a lot of thought and more info. We may find out if the adults have them completely bugged if he tries to tell anybody else about what happened to him.
Dunno if the series is going to go that route, but if I were "the adults" I would have their residence full of cameras and microphones, heck since they will never be part of society I would make a big brother type TV show. It would explain how they never see anyone bring their food, they know exactly when no one is around.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 17:46   Link #1850
Blueknight78
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
now i'm really start to think which the klaxx are not really the "big deal" and indeed that old "fart concil" are the real deal, the klaxx so far where just really plot device to show us the world and the characters and how things evolve.

And being honest sometimes it's feel like the klaxxs not are even a real danger to mankind not exactly as being the "main target" of the monsters, many times we saw the klaxxs ignoring the franxx to try to reach the towns because they "rea l objective" looks like more somthing the humans are not allow them to reach.

I'm not saying for now which the "monster are the good guys" and probably they will kill much humans are necessary but for sure they goals don't look like wanting to eat/kill/destroy the humans and more like something which is in the human power.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic240848_1.gif:small
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 19:17   Link #1851
shadow1296
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
I cried more here than i did in the entirety of Violet Evergarden. This episode really shows the differences in an anime that is made to make you cry and tries to force you to cry. And an anime that actually gets you to cry. I honestly believe no one expected to cry by the end of this episode which is really a momumentously good thing in writing
__________________

Last edited by shadow1296; 2018-04-08 at 19:28.
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 19:55   Link #1852
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Age: 29
the writing this ep was amazing. i loved how it tied all the little clues dropped (and the not little clues) together to make a complete narrative for the first half of the show. this is how good series writing should be done.

i hope they buck the story told in the credits and have a happy ending. parallelisms within stories is great, but it's always refreshing when something doesn't go the same way.

it's also awesome storyboarding how they changed the weather depending on whose perspective they were telling the story from. Hiro's perspective was always stormy, whereas once 02 gets outside, it was calm and shiny everywhere. did those visual artifacts when they were wandering outside mean anything?
__________________
Aria is the best series EVER. Rewatch Origination with me.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 20:29   Link #1853
leelee85
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ninja_ View Post
Dr. Franxx knows their story. So he also arranged for them to be reunited. But also if he knew who Zero Two was looking for the entire time he kept it from her.
Do you think that Dr. Franxx Will get his ass kick or will APE will?
leelee85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 21:22   Link #1854
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn View Post
Well, I don't think he'll even have the chance to. That's not where his priorities lie, I think. Z2 and Hiro will have a nice chat. Let's just hope that the adults won't make a move, Hiro "becoming like Z2" seemed pretty alarming to them.
Could Hiro be the next Papa candidate? (It was never explained why he is "special". His charisma doesn't suit piloting, but being a leader.) That analysis video was talking about the Golden Bough and the new king kills old king related to rebirth. Planet old and dying reflecting old and dying society.
__________________
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 22:21   Link #1855
Kazu-kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
I cried more here than i did in the entirety of Violet Evergarden. This episode really shows the differences in an anime that is made to make you cry and tries to force you to cry. And an anime that actually gets you to cry. I honestly believe no one expected to cry by the end of this episode which is really a momumentously good thing in writing
I was more moved by Violet myself, and even more so by SoraYori. This whole episode just felt like more of the same thing when it comes to Hiro and the kind of relationships he builds with the people around him. He's the super nice guy who does nice things for others and they all put him on a pedestal forever. We saw this with Ichigo and Mitsuru. Zero 2 is the same. There's nothing interesting about this sort of dynamic, at least to me. It's the sort of thing you find in your average LN and no matter how hard the show tries to sell it, it comes across as flat to me.

But that's just me. Sales skyrocketed after this episode so at least the Japanese like it.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic39230_3.gif
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 22:29   Link #1856
Cosmic Eagle
『青い空』、きっとキレイなんだろうなぁ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ninja_ View Post
Dr. Franxx knows their story. So he also arranged for them to be reunited. But also if he knew who Zero Two was looking for the entire time he kept it from her.
That's why I wonder if he arranged for the story book to end up in her hands
__________________

す べ て の 想 い に  巡 り 来 る 祝 福 を
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 22:53   Link #1857
Forever
Revealing the truth
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Singapore
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemagnet View Post
That "for science!" attitude was already his defining characteristic back in episode 1, so it's abhorrent, but not surprising, to see that he is continuing it earlier. What surprised me more about that is that he appears not to have aged. Further confirmation of some sort of attempt at immortality?

Also, if we take the "100 partners" from episode 12 as any guide, where each partner lasts three weeks given an assumed sortie ratio of once a week, it suggests that Zero-Two has been piloting since she was 11... 100 partners = 300 weeks = ~6 years.
Not sure if you noticed, I think everyone is already immortal hence no children is required (or maybe it is not even allowed, else population explosion will occur). Everyone drinks magma.

The others who didnt respond to magma so well probably turned to klaxo instead.

Now that she is puberty and they probably want more zero two, so it will be no surprised if she is already raped many times and have many children... maybe that is why they want her to return.... To make more children... After all, like every parasite, they are just animals in a farm.

And I have now turned to a ichigo supporter....
__________________
Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 22:55   Link #1858
shadow1296
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I was more moved by Violet myself, and even more so by SoraYori. This whole episode just felt like more of the same thing when it comes to Hiro and the kind of relationships he builds with the people around him. He's the super nice guy who does nice things for others and they all put him on a pedestal forever. We saw this with Ichigo and Mitsuru. Zero 2 is the same. There's nothing interesting about this sort of dynamic, at least to me. It's the sort of thing you find in your average LN and no matter how hard the show tries to sell it, it comes across as flat to me.

But that's just me. Sales skyrocketed after this episode so at least the Japanese like it.
Violet for me, had a problem if being too predictable with it's emotional feelings, you have a handicap child soldier with stunted emotions, who the person she loves last words was that she loves him. That they decided to lie to her about. From episode one I knew the sad moments were coming and I expected them as a result I never cried once. To me that show basically felt like " hey are you crying yet. I bet your crying. I bet you a bawling by now" I am sorry but if a show is going to do that you aren't going to get me to cry. No matter how beautiful it looks.
__________________
shadow1296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-09, 03:41   Link #1859
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
Violet for me, had a problem if being too predictable with it's emotional feelings, you have a handicap child soldier with stunted emotions, who the person she loves last words was that she loves him. That they decided to lie to her about. From episode one I knew the sad moments were coming and I expected them as a result I never cried once. To me that show basically felt like " hey are you crying yet. I bet your crying. I bet you a bawling by now" I am sorry but if a show is going to do that you aren't going to get me to cry. No matter how beautiful it looks.
Agreed about Violet. I definitely thought SoraYori was more emotional than Franxx, but well, that show was just really really good all around. Doesn't mean I can't think Franxx is good or emotional (at least in this episode) too.
__________________
----
What if Goku was super smart and had a thing for philosophy? Find out in The Optimised Wish Project!
----

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-09, 06:58   Link #1860
Sakuratsuki
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
I wonder why people keep torturing themselves with something if they don't like it. Just move on, there is enough variety (anime shows) out there that would satisfy someones need. What I find weird is how someone disregards a show like Franxx because it didn't go how she/he wanted it to go. I would say grab a pen, write your own story and see if someone would animate it for you. Please, use valid arguments to deem a show bad. Because the reasons I see are more based on what you like to see animated because you're obsessed with a certain genre and not because a show is genuinely bad.
__________________
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.