AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-01-14, 11:44   Link #61
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I actually enjoyed this first episode. Yeah, okay there are few problems with the writing: The secondary characters treated like fodder, the entire naked swimming scene, the betamax MC that doesn't understand why a girl kissing him would make his heart race, the sexual motifs of the show in general...okay there's a lot of problems for sure but I still enjoyed it and that's all that matters.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-14, 11:53   Link #62
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Normal guys might drool in excitement when they see a hot girl in (hot) underwear and normal guys might find used panties as turn-on during sexual foreplay or intercourse, but I think you have to be on "another level" to solely enjoy the novelty of used panties just for the sake of it. I sure as hell don't behave that way. That "other level" might be what many people call as "perverts".
But...if Hiro had acted "normal", then he prob would have been killed by her. The way its animated is that he held onto the panties by "mistake".

For all we know, it could also be a part of his training. He's a designer child soldier. Behaviors that normal guys have are prob not within the realm of possibilities for his short life.

What's worse is the lady in the beginning facing those monsters was 02.
Old 2018-01-14, 11:57   Link #63
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Calling it now, Zero Two has succubus like power of absorbing life force by kissing

Which means she literally sucked his previous partners dry
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-14, 12:36   Link #64
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Strelizia <3
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-14, 12:48   Link #65
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
Calling it now, Zero Two has succubus like power of absorbing life force by kissing

Which means she literally sucked his previous partners dry
Well, the premise did call her "Partner Killer" so you might right
Old 2018-01-14, 13:10   Link #66
James Rye

"with Klaxosaur blood", just which one of her parents was a huge pervert f@cking a Klaxosaur? xD

So how exactly are those two-pilot robots working? Why is a male and female needed? How can that robot transform and gain boobs? Lot of questions I hope the next couple episodes gonna answer.

Also poor Naomi, looks like she got killed, didn't even made it through the first episode~
Old 2018-01-14, 13:25   Link #67
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Zero Two being a vampire of sorts was basically spelled out. Guess Hiro will be super resistant though. She's probably a genetic experiment or something.

And my money's on Naomi still being alive.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-14, 15:08   Link #68
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

This was incredibly generic. I had a lot to say but I realized I'd just be stepping into nostalgia territory so I'll just say this is a good example of dissonant fanservice and move on.
Old 2018-01-14, 15:13   Link #69
Kazu-kun

I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw this as nothing more than a bunch of overused an uninteresting tropes put together.
Old 2018-01-14, 17:18   Link #70
CptChaos

I was sure the best animated first episode would be either Violet Evergarden or CCS, but this surpassed both. Very good start, and the music is also something else. I really liked the main theme since one of the PVs and can't wait to hear it fully.
CptChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-14, 18:51   Link #71
Applehell

The good: Really nice animation and artstyle. It certainly has a lot flair and solid direction going for it. While not particularity unique herself 002 and at least checks boxes in one of female types I like. She probably gonna end up hard carrying this for awhile.

However

The bad:...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
This was incredibly generic. I had a lot to say but I realized I'd just be stepping into nostalgia territory so I'll just say this is a good example of dissonant fanservice and move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw this as nothing more than a bunch of overused an uninteresting tropes put together.
Like them with I too felt that this episode was too perfunctory which made hard for me fully enjoy. Everything that happened could be seen coming 500 miles away and nothing does plot-wise set's apart from most mech series. I'm already dreading the pair and monster of week formula that's gonna be spinning the wheels for awhile since no real define plot-line has been other than background premise of humans fighting off invader "x".

Still I give it 3 episodes to see if can quickly establish itself the beyond style and be something more interesting than it is now.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-14, 18:53   Link #72
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The manga gave us a better look at the cockpits. They're arranged so it looks like they're having sex doggy style. I'm curious to see what actual piloting will be like. Haven't watched any trailer so I don't know if any of that was already revealed.
Old 2018-01-14, 19:07   Link #73
alex_drian

A pretty generic beginning but have potential. MC works and heroine is good. The Trigger animation is always a delight (except for InoBato shit) and is a plus is the worst cases (again, except for InoBato). I find interesting the design of the enemies, machine-like. For now, I can forgive the romcom shienanigans in favor of the plot. I wait for the rebellion of the kids in some point of the 2nd cour and if they have the courage for kill to some of the couples. Also, is only a guess and I don't have nothing for back it, but I wait for bitch moments of Kokona-like girl. Overall, I need one or two more episodes for a proper judgment, but I will stick with this one.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-14, 19:23   Link #74
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

rather the interesting show. the episode felt like it was 10 minutes long. it's got me hooked in for at least a few more episodes.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-14, 19:38   Link #75
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The manga gave us a better look at the cockpits. They're arranged so it looks like they're having sex doggy style. I'm curious to see what actual piloting will be like. Haven't watched any trailer so I don't know if any of that was already revealed.
Is it like Star Driver or Goddanar?
Old 2018-01-14, 19:45   Link #76
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Is it like Star Driver or Goddanar?
Just search for it, is easy to find considering how much people spammed the image. Chapter 1 is already out and covers like 80% of episode 1 with more explanations and details.

By the way, the fan arts are coming fast as fuck, mostly nsfw and femdom obviously.
NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

----------

This is probably what Kanon is talking about.
NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!

Last edited by AB079; 2018-01-14 at 20:00.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-14, 20:01   Link #77
Applehell

Yeah, saw them that over twitter too and to no surprise all of them are about one specific character.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-14, 20:03   Link #78
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Maybe actual snusnu?

Hiro said he didn't remember what happened in the cockpit

Her old partners got Death by snusnu
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-14, 20:18   Link #79
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Just noticed that everyone's Franxx's look like their female pilot counterpart
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-14, 20:49   Link #80
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Also, many people brought up Star Driver mecha, but I'm actually reminded of the one from Gunbuster 2: Diebuster six years prior to Star Driver:
Images
Yeah, 02 can easily pass as Nono's long lost sister
I know right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But...if Hiro had acted "normal", then he prob would have been killed by her.
Umm….wat? If Hiro acted like a normal guy, he would never touch that panties and wouldn’t give off the impression of a pervert to 02. Why would 02 kill him then?

Quote:
The way its animated is that he held onto the panties by "mistake".
Almost every rom-com harem MC grabs the heroine’s panties or boobies by some kind of mistakes or accident. That’s the trope. That’s what makes it cliché. That makes you question why they shoehorn that tired antic in this anime. Nobody will think it’s good except for the lowest common denominators.

Quote:
For all we know, it could also be a part of his training. He's a designer child soldier. Behaviors that normal guys have are prob not within the realm of possibilities for his short life.
God I hope so. I hope there’s an actual logical reasoning for everything in the show aside from “That’s how anime works. Boys will automatically grab used panties the moment they laid their eyes on them”.