AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2018-04-13, 14:18   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Full Metal Panic - Voice Actor Appreciation & Discussion

The purpose of this thread is to discuss, critique and idolize the Voice Actor cast of Full Metal Panic. Please remember that the discussion should center on their performances as professional voice actors and not on the show content (which can be discussed in the various Episode threads). Please remember this simple rule when critiquing a VA's performance or reading another forum member's critique:
  • Don't take it personally.
    In other words, you’re free to disagree with another person’s opinion, but don’t flame them if they offer a well written and well thought out analysis that differs from your own opinion. Keep it civil.

• Voice Actors are human.
    Yes, it’s true. They’re human. Therefore, don’t just indiscriminately rip them and their work apart as if they’re inorganic objects. You don’t have to praise them non-stop, but be thoughtful in your criticism.
This thread might duplicate some discussion in the Episode threads, but it can also serve to demystify various VA roles, disseminate VA information (VA Bios, VA photos, etc) and provide cast information of various types as well as discussion about performances.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 00:44   Link #2
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
With IV getting a simuldub next month, some people are looking on whether Funi can get Hilary back since she's mainly concentrating on Sentai due to not commuting anymore to the Funi studios since Trinity Blood.

Same with Chris Ayres as Hayashimizu since he's in the hospital AFAIK.

And a replacement for Kalinin. Mike was awesome as the guy.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 05:29   Link #3
Cenit
Linkinball Z

Send a message via ICQ to Cenit Send a message via AIM to Cenit Send a message via MSN to Cenit
I was surprised by Fowlers VA at first. It's a rather deep voice. But by the second and third time viewing i got pretty used to it. I wish he had more voice lines. Kuramas VA is spot on. In Sigma they were trying to make him look a lot less like Leon. So seeing him back like this is hilarious. Also scary D:
Cenit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-14, 09:27   Link #4
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Sousuke sounds older. i guess that can't be helped though.. Chidori sounds the same though. it's amazing.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 09:01   Link #5
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

A BTS video officially released by FUNI that stars MMA fighter Angela Hill, who did some work in Tokyo Ghoul IIRC. She's doing some parts of a civilian in the 1st episode.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2018-04-27, 02:48   Link #6
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-anime/.130922

Official cast reveal.

Old 2018-05-06, 19:59   Link #7
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Man... Didn't expect to use the softspoken voice for Kurama.

The only thing I need to get used to is with Kalinin/Mardukas using different voice actors.

Old 2018-05-20, 23:08   Link #8
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Somehow, I was able to watch the third episode of IV...

And the recasts I've seen include Castello, Sandraptor and Spec. The most obvious one is Nora Lemming. After three castings, I think I prefer Colleen's take on her.