AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

View Poll Results: Railgun Manga - Jailbreaker Arc Rating
Perfect 10 1 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 0 0%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 0 0%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 28.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 28.57%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 14.29%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2020-08-30, 12:33   Link #161
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
That's a whole other can of worms confounding the whole climax. Chapter 124 seemed to suggest a connection to the dragon most likely through Uiharu's consumption of Kimi's blood. But again, no explanation is given. And Chapters 126-127 haven't implied anything related to the blood behind anything.

So there's only two possibilities:
  1. the blood plays no part and everything is Uiharu's super special hacking skillz (which was an endearing quality of hers before this chapter); this is really bad. Or,
  2. the blood has played "some" part; but we have no idea which part; and what powers the blood even has; nor why a small drop of the blood would even grant her powers in the first place; nor if Uiharu is even aware that the blood is doing anything to her. In which case, it's still bad because it relies on an unexplained ability to resolve the plot. That's a significant departure from Index convention where everything is explained (bar the core long term mysteries that develop over multiple novels; this structure is not present in Railgun).

Either way, its not looking good.
And that without consider that if the dragon have something to do with Touma this indirectly could be related to him and for that we'll most probably stay in the dark about the specifics of all this shit that COULD MAAAAAAYBE be related to Touma. Like for example, that being that seems like the dragon seem AIM based what could give me something to theorize as we now know that Touma is actually a esper.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-13, 17:11   Link #162
Twi

Okay, so out of things until I saw a giant Kaiju battle in the anime and decided to read the manga again... while I did enjoy the battle with Kuroko vs the Ninja and Misaka with the gravity girl... what did Uiharu just do to herself and how do you explain this?
Old 2020-10-13, 17:20   Link #163
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

The editor said he was going to change the Uiharu scene in the tankoubon .
Old 2020-10-13, 17:29   Link #164
ghost013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Which scene specifically?
Old 2020-10-15, 13:25   Link #165
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost013 View Post
Which scene specifically?
Presumably the one where she turns the AIM Jammers on herself and starts sprouting a tail and ears. I think she was using it to somehow change her AIM and thus her power, but I can't be sure. Honestly, I kind of think her Esper power should have just been some kind of electronic interface for the sake of hacking, even though the overheating was clever and only possible because of her Thermal Hand.
Old 2020-10-24, 13:02   Link #166
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

BRUH, the arc.
Old 2020-10-24, 13:47   Link #167
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Why? What is the reason for that action?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-25, 11:18   Link #168
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Why? What is the reason for that action?
Don't know, just saw it on his Twitter.
Old 2020-10-26, 07:35   Link #169
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

I don't think anything significant has changed. There must be something in the technical details though.

Also, Volume 16 ends just a bit beyond the serialization with the final clash between Mikoto and Kimi.

Mikoto's railgun shatters the skeletal dragon and goes in and delivers a Kamijou punch to Kimi (though with a lot more electricty special effects).

Though personally, I think it doesn't hold a candle to the punches in the Index manga.
Old 2020-10-26, 12:55   Link #170
Twi

I saw some pictures of what an awakened Kimi would like from the back of the book. Surprised they didn't just have her become like that so Mikoto had flashbacks to her own near-angel status.
Old 2020-10-27, 00:37   Link #171
Sixth
Hu Tao

Is the guy who interviewed the hero girl in the last page the Tanuki guy?
Old 2020-10-27, 05:45   Link #172
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Is the guy who interviewed the hero girl in the last page the Tanuki guy?
Yes. That's the implication.
Old 2020-10-27, 06:37   Link #173
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Yes. That's the implication.
It is kinda crazy right? He was the bully that used to bully her in the past and she broke his leg as payback, and both of them looked up to Honoka.
Old 2020-10-27, 16:47   Link #174
Twi

Hmm... that foreshadowing is impressive if that's the case. That girl reminds me more of Accelerator, not only in how she reflected attacks but her thoughts of an ideal hero and testing others with her own hands like in NT 7.

Edit: It really is him. Chapter 118, on the very first page.
Old 2020-10-31, 17:25   Link #175
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Reads Ogino saying Uiharu is on the same ground as Accelerator and Kakine
Brain explodes
Old 2020-11-01, 01:13   Link #176
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Brain explodes
I don't think Ogino's opinion should be taken as fact. Especially when Uiharu's latest feat hasn't been given a plausible explanation.

Last edited by OH&S; 2020-11-01 at 08:16.
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-01, 02:06   Link #177
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Brain explodes
I call extreme bs on that, that entire sequence made zero sense and basically breaks the rules established by the series. This is about as bs as Kirito hacking SAO from inside the game and taking important programs embedded into the game itself and not only removing them, but also altering them within seconds into an entirely new thing just because writer said he can.

I think that if Uiharu had just changed the AIM jammers frequency or something to affect the dragon or at the very least interrupt Kimi's connection to the black hole that was powering her and the dragon, instead of "changing her ability" this would be far easier to believe.
Old 2020-11-25, 13:31   Link #178
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Brain explodes
holy sh*t lol

Also, I just finally caught up on the last 6 episodes of Railgun T and about to read the new volume. Ahhhh I'm glad I saved all this hype for one moment. Too good. Too good.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-26, 18:33   Link #179
Twi

Railgun manga updated. I now have respect for the Warden of the Jail. Or course, then the Ninja Girl escapes to find a new ninja clan to join.
Old 2020-12-01, 21:20   Link #180
Pierre

I know this is a little off topic, but this seemed like the only thread really up to date.

I have question about the names of the main four after rewatching railgun seasons 1.

Mikoto and Kuroko are the first names of Misaka and Shirai right? And Ruiko and Kazari are actually the first names of Saten and Uiharu? Thats what I got from the wiki, unless someone flipped names around. So why are Saten and Uiharu called by their last names, even amongst themselves. And in particular why does Uiharu call her Saten-san if they are supposed to be best friends. I just thought given the way Japanese works , they way they call themselves is a little weird. I mean Mikoto calls her Kuroko and well Kuroko doesn't call her by her name but by the affectionate Nee-san.

Just curious on this.

Also as an aside for any anime viewers, if you watch index railgun accelerator all at once, whats the best order? Index, Rail, Index 2, Rail 2, Acc, Index 3 , Rail T or Index Rail Rail 2, Index 2 Acc Rail T Index 3 or Index Rail Acc Rail 2 Index 2 T Index III?
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote