AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-06-01, 15:31   Link #1181
Kurohane

No reason to feel bad, Naoki. It was a good game, and despite what Gaillard says, you gave him a rougher time then he expected. That ending though. . . didn't think it would be this soon. Poor Misaki, I'm afraid she won't come out unscathed from this. She had deep concern for Kourin.

Still, I wonder what role Raul plays in all this. Is he truly an enemy or could he be a hidden ally? It's become obvious he's not what he seems, but how exactly?
Old 2014-06-01, 21:12   Link #1182
ShiroiRyu

Fuck yeah !
Kourin time !
Kourin time !
Old 2014-06-03, 10:29   Link #1183
shadow1296

um guys the box art for the new trial decks are out

and aichi is the one with link joker
Old 2014-06-03, 10:51   Link #1184
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
um guys the box art for the new trial decks are out

and aichi is the one with link joker
Well, it's speculated that either Aichi or Kourin who'll be using Link Joker when the announcement of that TD came. As an LJ player, I'm fine with either of them.

I noticed that their rings are lesser red now which could be a sign of change in their backstory.
Old 2014-06-03, 11:02   Link #1185
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kana Futayo View Post
Well, it's speculated that either Aichi or Kourin who'll be using Link Joker when the announcement of that TD came. As an LJ player, I'm fine with either of them.
honestly i had expected this might be the case since they needed kourin to introduce the jewel knight legion since she is their only one who uses them, now the only question on my mind is why aichi is using the clan that he was trying to stop last season
Old 2014-06-03, 11:08   Link #1186
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
honestly i had expected this might be the case since they needed kourin to introduce the jewel knight legion since she is their only one who uses them, now the only question on my mind is why aichi is using the clan that he was trying to stop last season
I can say that he was cursed after he defeated the Link Joker but that TD title baffles me. Basing on his appearance and expression (no reverse mark), he's using the clan as a whole on his free will. But yeah, who knows.
Old 2014-06-03, 11:49   Link #1187
Kurohane

Quote:
Exactly, why is Aichi using Link Joker? I'm worried on what Kourin and the Quatre Knights are even doing to him. Is he really just sleeping?

Edit: Another theory is that Raul turns out to be a mole, gives Aichi the LJ deck to wake him up, and tells him what's going on, all so Aichi can act on his desire to save his friends in a negative way, by using a deck that he would normally never use, but it's his only choice. Raul has been acting shady enough to pull something like this, and both Kourin and Gaillard are conveniently away at the moment. That makes more sense than Aichi having the deck all along, when by no means, he should have no deck, since Gaillard was given his deck, probably by Kourin.

This makes more sense to me, because then, all the Judgments Kai, Misaki, Kamui, Miwa, and Naoki have a point. It's obvious they aren't going to give up. No surprise, Raul even says that. Then, the judgements must serve a different purpose plot-wise.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2014-06-03 at 12:36.
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-03, 18:37   Link #1188
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Link Joker are more badass in design, I'm totally fine with this.
Old 2014-06-03, 23:21   Link #1189
finalfury
Incognito

LJ Legion looks good. Hopefully the playstyle of the clan improves.

There's theories going around that Aichi is taking on the curse "LJ" so to speak in order to prevent them from affecting the world. Hence why he is currently sleeping. It also fits in with his personality to take on additional burdens in order to benefit everyone.

The theories are based on the Avalon and Yellow Emperor story lines that have possibly been used in order to influence the story Vanguard is trying to portray.

Spoiler for link to theories if interested:
Old 2014-06-04, 00:06   Link #1190
Kurohane

Aichi can't take on a burden that has a possibility of not existing. Link Joker were invaders, and they were defeated and driven back to where they came from. Aichi in his fight with Kai remarked how the reverse energy in his body was leaving him, which was why he was no longer in pain. All the reverse energy was returning through the portal. There's no reason to assume that any energy was left behind. Peaceful days returned. Unless Link Joker somehow returned without anyone knowing, they haven't come back yet. If they did, then somehow they had to have come into contact with him, in order to put him in the position to act as a seal. Also, the people to be able to deal with it had to come into contact with him at that moment. Also, if Link Joker came into contact with Aichi, it would have to be a sudden occurrence, and most likely gather the attention of people, namely his friends. There are just too many factors to consider. For this theory to be plausible, Link Joker had to come back before Season 4, had to come into contact with Aichi, the people with the power to seal him had to magically appear at that moment, and no people were around him when it happened, at the least. There's still the memory erase to consider.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2014-06-30 at 01:02.
Old 2014-06-06, 09:23   Link #1191
shadow1296

Old 2014-06-06, 12:25   Link #1192
Kurohane

Oh crap, it is Aichi's Birthday! Thinking about it, I feel sad when I think of where he is right now. Regardless, Happy Birthday, Aichi! We hope to see you smiling soon.

Also more info about the Trial Decks on this tumblr. Interesting tagline for the Link Joker one.
Old 2014-06-09, 17:02   Link #1193
LostSome

The Announced Truth ? More like Kourin`s Trolling. lol
Showing up in person to fight Kai, using a LJ deck and that vision of Aichi...
She played the mates like emo violins.
In the end, she didn`t revealed anything that Olivier already told them.
Kourin and the Quatre... Sleeping beauty Aichi sure got very sadistic guardians.

Still curious how she got that deck.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 08:00   Link #1194
ShiroiRyu

Oh man, the ones for the shop ... XD
Ren in a apron ! :')
Old 2014-06-16, 19:15   Link #1195
LostSome

Being Miwa sure is depressing... A single fight in season 4 !
And by the look of it, he`s not even trying anymore.

BTW I know it`s a little late, but I didn`t see any black ring on Vacant Space Star-vader, Quantum.
Old 2014-06-21, 18:12   Link #1196
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
Being Miwa sure is depressing... A single fight in season 4 !
And by the look of it, he`s not even trying anymore.

BTW I know it`s a little late, but I didn`t see any black ring on Vacant Space Star-vader, Quantum.
Well, technically, Miwa had two, but the second wasn't shown for some reason. It could be Miwa just doesn't have that much development to go through like the others. We already have been shown and told enough that he's a true friend. Also, he's already guaranteed a fight with a Quatre Knight as part of the 5 vs. 5.

I'm more interested in Leon and Ren. Kai confronts them both about remembering Aichi yet they stay on the sidelines. Why were both Leon and Ren spared from losing their memories and how? All I know is that it's not that they don't want to help, but they have to wait for the right moment considering their circumstances whatever they may be.

Edit: Impressions of Episode 179
Well, that didn't take long. Ren and Leon know what's happening with Aichi, and were asked by Aichi himself for their help. They both turned him down, and promised each other to feign ignorance, and both ended up breaking it to help the mates.

Kai has become even more resolute through this latest incident and hardship. Ironically, Aichi's words affected him so thoroughly that the judgments couldn't hope to compare. Some people may want question their efficiency when their not doing their job. Kai was really shaken up that he even questioned his bond with Aichi. Blaster Blade was his only link with Aichi, and with Blaster Blade coming to him, he always had reassurance that Aichi needed rescuing. However, with it being taken, he had to realize that even without Blaster Blade coming to him, he still would go after Aichi, and now, he's ready to continue the search with no sense of calling, only through his own will, signified by his new Kagerou deck. It's the cover of the next booster as well:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It's painful watching Misaki defend Kourin. It doesn't help that her opponent is the one that believes everything is an illusion. Even in this episode, a conversation was dedicated to lampshade Kourin as "one of the bad guys" as Naoki puts it. He's right to be suspicious of her.

Edit 2: Impressions of Episode 180
This was a good episode. We got a new OP and ED. V-Road was awesome, tightly tugged at my heart, and I'm going to miss it. It's my second favorite OP of Vanguard, with the first being Believe in My Existence. The new OP was easy to get into as well, and liked the sound. I hope to read the lyrics soon. The EDs have been a treat this season. The animation with them matches very well, and both are light-hearted songs. The new ED was beautiful. The animation contributed greatly with a focus on Aichi, reuniting with everyone at the end. Can't wait for it to happen in series ! Interestingly, Kourin was not present in the group shot at the end.

Onto the episode itself, Ishida manages to spot out Mores in the crowd when walking home from school with Shingo, and tails him to discover another entrance. What a coincidence! Ishida goes by Card Capital to report what he saw to everyone, and they decide to head out, even considering it may a trap. Miwa manges to use his skills to retrace Ishida's footsteps and again discover the passageway to the Gateway. The Gateway teleports them all the way to the moon. There Raul and Mores discover them and the fight begins between Ishida and Raul, who's using a Gran Blue deck this time.

There's been no attempt to hide that Raul has a hidden agenda than the rest of Quatre Knights. It's no coincidence Morres happened to be in the street where Ishida was heading at the time, let alone he happened to head to the Gateway without appearing to know he was followed, and that both he and Raul happened to be the first ones to encounter the mates. Also, what's with these new rules to the judgments just when you fight in the Sanctuary? If Kai and co. lose, they lose all memories of Aichi again. That's a lie most likely. The Knights never expected the mates to even step foot in the Sanctuary, so it makes no sense they have this special rule, only when in the sanctuary. It makes more sense to have used it from the very beginning rather than inflicting physical pain that never was effective to deter the mates from finding Aichi. However, why would Raul tell them a lie? Why confront them? If he's using the mates to garner attention, or defeat the other Quatre Knights and Kourin, it makes more sense he just disappear, and let the two groups fight it out. Of course, he has to lose himself to unlock his part of the seal that holds Aichi, but I imagine he would account for ways around that, without having to hurt himself, since the loser receives judgment. One possibility I'd imagine is Kourin, since she seems to be able to come in and out of the barrier at her own discretion. Then, there's the possibly lie. If he's lying, what purpose does it serve? I can only see it as that he's testing them.

It goes back to Ishida fighting Morres. Morres' goal was to demoralize Ishida, by listing all the difficulty in trying to find Aichi. If we look at it another way, Ishida was doubting whether Aichi could really be found at the time, and the fight did the opposite of demoralize him. It helped Naoki overcome his doubts. However, was the purpose of that encounter merely to realize a result, or just to observe Ishida, to test him. It's the same in this current fight. I wonder how much of Raul's story is true. His story of fighting with a family member like Ishida is very. . . specific. Again, it seems like he's testing Ishida during the match. There's the supposed rule that the loser will forget Aichi that's hanging over Ishida and Raul constantly bringing up the difference in skill. This fight is more than what it seems.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2014-06-29 at 00:53.
Old 2014-07-07, 14:37   Link #1197
shadow1296

new link joker legion
Images

also it looks like sera has his own agenda whether this agenda is good or bad is still up for grabs
Old 2014-07-07, 23:26   Link #1198
Kurohane

Here's another essay:
Go, Naoki! That's winning one for the team!

His end tactic used his clans properties to the fullest, and that's what was the deciding factor. The skill of the Tonfa Wielding Brawler, Aak is similar to May Rain Liberator, Bruno that Aichi had in his Liberator deck, only instead of gaining power through superior calls, it's through taking out the opponent's rear guards. Naoki was subject to some serious doubts by Raul, not only was Raul a circuit champion, and never could afford to lose from his family trials, but during the match, Ishida and the rest learned Aichi went to Raul directly to ask him to become a Quatre Knight. Who wouldn't be disturbed by that?

This is another case where the mates and audience are subject to doubt Aichi. Throughout this season, the way Aichi's been portrayed isn't the way we know him. However, the best course of action is to ask Aichi himself. He's barely talked outside of flashbacks; Kourin and the Quatre Knights have been the ones mostly talking for him. Even his few lines in episode 177 are suspect to doubt, because how could he know they were there, or even talk to them when he's in deep sleep. In the end, the mates will overcome their doubts and keep believing in Aichi, and it will be proven that he does need rescuing. That's already obvious with both Leon and Ren essential saying so, helping the mates even though both decided to be neutral.

It wasn't particularly subtle that Raul has a hidden agenda. Earliest hint was back in episode 174, when he told Kamui that meeting Aichi required the defeat of the four Quatre Knights. I know this sounds like obvious info at first, but it was the first hint towards the seal holding Aichi. Raul accounting for his lose is very strange, because of his backstory. If he lost once, he would lose everything, and experience societal death. Something had to have changed for him to even accept defeat, let alone account it as necessary.

From the way he's been portrayed, he comes off as the stereotypical villain, getting joy out of seeing other people despair. His background gives reasonable reason why. But, is he though? There are times when a character in fiction gives off so many vibes that he's a villain, but during a reveal, he's actually one of the good guys. Those earlier moments were meant to trick the audience.

This episode proves that this wasn't a trap for the mates. As seen, the other three and Kourin had no idea what was going on until Raul was defeated, and his part of the seal was unlocked. When Kai and co. first entered the Santuary, it didn't give off the usual vibes of a trap. The trapper isn't "surprised" when you arrive, and he doesn't write it off as an "accident" that you are there, at least to the mate's knowledge. Raul's a fairly good actor.

That "losing memories of Aichi" is still most likely a lie. The stakes are unbalanced for one. The mates treasure their memories of Aichi, and that can't be fairly measured to a Quatre Knight's seal being broken. After all, Raul wanted his to be unlocked. Why would he lie though? To makes sure the mates fought as hard as they could? It's obvious they aren't afraid of judgment. Based on his own experiences, having something important like societal death up for ante is a very extreme motivator. Aware that they treasure their memories of Aichi, it's possible he told them that to be sure they fought as best they could.

However, why do I feel that there's more? This has just as much risk of making the mates subject to despair, faltering them from playing their best. It was happening to Naoki, added with Raul constantly bringing the difference in skill level. If he didn't overcome all of it, he would have lost. Telling them how to free Aichi, but attempts to weaken his opponent's mental psyche seems a bit counterproductive. And if it's true that losing their memories is a lie, what else is he lying about? Anyway, his role as a Quatre Knight is over since he lost. Will he be the big bad or an ally? We'll see eventually.

Next up is a fight between Miwa and Neve. I'm definitely excited.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2014-07-08 at 00:32.
Old 2014-07-08, 02:32   Link #1199
LostSome

Quote:
new link joker legion
Images
Nice. The two LJ in the OP are awesome as well.

Speaking of the new OP... I like it but V-Road was better for me.
Is it just me or the animation was weaker than usual those last two episodes ?

So Aichi is the princess of a magic castle on the moon protected by knights.
Aichi want all the way to South America to find a NN/GB user ? Thank you !

The fight was entertaining, especially with Cera`s units making such crazy faces.
Cera`s story... All the knights probably had unhappy lives before Aichi asked them to come with him and start over.
Oh yeah ! Like the Quatre Knight with a vampire lord for avatar would stay down. lol
Old 2014-07-08, 04:30   Link #1200
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Images
Images

No wonder why this look so damn familiar to me, even the pose is near identical.

Tags
card game, cardfight vanguard