AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-07-01, 19:01   Link #2141
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Actually TBH I've never done it.

I don't like using dividers.

Write I do a scene change, I usually either give it a bit of a conclusion of one scene and then move on to the next, or I cut it off abruptly and do a scene change.

Basically like when you watch something on TV, the scenes jump from one thing to the next.
I find dividers necessary in my work. >_>

Edit: PAGE CLAIM IN THE NAME OF DIVIDERS
Old 2008-07-01, 19:07   Link #2142
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
'cept at Yaoi con they all want you to make out with other guys.
Along other...things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
What I'm not allowed to be hot? Not even a manly way?
Lo.

Quote:
The internet main purpose seems to be to geometrically increase the worlds weirdness factor.
With no end in sight...

Quote:
I've heard him mention it before though I still can't help, but find the hobby hilarious. It's no worse then guys that go reenact the civil war I suppose, but I find those guys a bit funny too so. Air Softers and Paint ballers are saved by acutally having rules and fighting in a more sport like manner instead of pretending to cast fireballs. Plus any activity that involves APCs can't be to unmanly.

Spoiler:

Airsoft: Serious Bussiness.
LARP sounds kinda interesting. Dunno if I'd actually participate though .

And yes, Airsoft is apparently very serious business

Quote:
Never is the correct answer.
So true.

Quote:
The best Defense is a Strong Offense. Do stuff to yourself first and at least you're liable to get some input; wait for someone else to do it and the results are likely to be less favorable.
I guess. Controlling the course of events a bit, huh?

Quote:
Damn Straight! (Often plays the medic/healer Char.)
Yea...I usually got stuck being the healer/medic when I played games with my friends cause none of them wanted to be it and I got stuck with it . So now I find myself to be a superb healer in WoW

Quote:
What there's another reason to go?
Not going to answer that...

Quote:
Sych an awesome series with so many priceless quotes

Quote:
What are you pcituring in that little head of yours Dragon-Boy?
Dragon-boy?

Quote:
Well sure if you want to go and sugar coat it.
Mmm...sugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post

I wonder if Zafira would have still been shafted if he was a she
Uh...who knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
My standard description for LARPing is "LARP is just an excuse for grown ups to go play the games they used to play as kids again" and I'm still sticking to that description.
And to beat each other with foam sticks and such

Quote:
That is, without a doubt, one of the most awesome LARP sessions I have ever seen. They even have burning buidings and stuff!
Fire is good

Quote:
Oh, poor innocent Tk. Try to read some of the doujinshi next time, I'm sure you'll find them... interesting.
...definitely not touching this one

Quote:
I have yet to see a LARP that had Haste on their spell-list, but invisibillity is possible, though it depends on the quallity and sportiveness of your fellow players.
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 19:19   Link #2143
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Alright then. Here we go.

------------------------------------------

What is it you seek?

Vengeance?

Restitution?

Absolution?

Salvation?

Seekers of the Truth, fear not what the past hides; fear not what the present shows; fear not what the future brings.

And rage against the dying of the light.

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha: The Gospel of Judas

Spoiler for Chapter 1: The Darkness:
Old 2008-07-01, 20:02   Link #2144
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Hey guys, do you guys mind giving my an opinion on this summary of this original fiction I'm working on, just based on what you've read here?

All I want to know is if it sounds too generic, or if it sounds interesting enough that you'd actually want to give it a read.

Spoiler for Summary:

Last edited by ghazghkull; 2008-07-01 at 20:26.
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 20:54   Link #2145
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Could someone please post all the canon data we have on linker cores, including translated excerpts from the DVD booklets?

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 21:23   Link #2146
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
They're revamping Judgment? Where? When?
More like its already been done:

Helm -- [Mask of Pennance]
Shoulder -- [Justice Bearer's Pauldrons]
Chest -- [Breastplate of Many Graces]
Belt -- [Girdle of Many Blessings]
Legs -- [Cassock of the Loyal]
Boots -- [Boots of the Watchful Heart]
Bracers -- [Virtue Bearer's Vambraces]
Gloves -- [Life Bearer's Gauntlets]

This imitation set is a 70s list, but its all blues from normal and heroics, and the color scheme is nowhere as epic as Judgement itself. Lastly, it's a healing set; no way am I wearing that to tank Heroics, especially when it has less +spell damage than Judgement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
A robe is a robe and not a dress! .
Hums Big Blue Dress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Alright then. Here we go.

------------------------------------------

What is it you seek?

Vengeance?

Restitution?

Absolution?

Salvation?

Seekers of the Truth, fear not what the past hides; fear not what the present shows; fear not what the future brings.

And rage against the dying of the light.

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha: The Gospel of Judas

Spoiler for Chapter 1: The Darkness:
I dunno about the others, but I found Yuuno going bonkers a little OOC... Then again, madness makes you OOC.

Great set up! Now for Keroko to have a final word about this; I can't introduce Noland properly until I know what he's done for Age of Empire.

And yes do carry on. And stop betaing it to pieces, you don't have balancing issues!!!
Quote:
Hey guys, do you guys mind giving my an opinion on this summary of this original fiction I'm working on, just based on what you've read here?

All I want to know is if it sounds too generic, or if it sounds interesting enough that you'd actually want to give it a read.

Spoiler for Summary:
I'm reminded of the old Macross anime, due to air force and fighting enemies of humanity... ><
Old 2008-07-01, 21:28   Link #2147
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
I'm reminded of the old Macross anime, due to air force and fighting enemies of humanity... ><
so....does that mean you'd read it, or at the very least seem interested? O.o
Old 2008-07-01, 22:43   Link #2148
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Spoiler for A Brief Treatise on the Nature of the Linker Core:

Done for now, I’ll revise this once I get any missing data from the locals.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-07-01, 22:53   Link #2149
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:

Spoiler for Summary:
This reminds me of lots of Ace Combat stories & old-school Macross, but I can't comment further until I read at least one chapter.

On related note, I've been tempted to do a OC/Gensokyo crossover fic, but I'm not sure if I can handle the madness
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 23:25   Link #2150
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
so....does that mean you'd read it, or at the very least seem interested? O.o
Oh yes definitely. I'd be curious on the points said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Spoiler for A Brief Treatise on the Nature of the Linker Core:

Done for now, I’ll revise this once I get any missing data from the locals.
Did you know your heart is a kind of specialized muscle? And in many ways, the Linker Core resembles the heart a lot.

But before I begin, I'll just list some canon points you seemed to have missed:

1. The Linker Core gets it name from the linking function it does, by converting free floating mana in the space around the person into linked mana able to be used.

2. The LC is able to make use of "loading foods" --medically and from the anime, I'd say the nutrient involved would be carbos and fat-- by either extracting mana trapped in the food, or converting the energy in the food into mana, we're not sure.

3. The LC also has a storage function. Through rest and meditation, one can regenerate their magic potential over time.

As for the rest, we agree a lot, including the spiritual component of the core being the seat of the soul. The LC resembles the heart in that it's located centrally in the upper torso, possibly evolved to be protected by the ribcage. However, its processing functions make it resemble the liver a lot more. Quite possibly, the belief that spirit and emotion lay in the heart might just be due to the LC, and due to other phenomena (there's a proposed undiscovered secondary communications network besides the nervous system in the body by RL scientists) could be joined to a circulatory system of its own, there-in-by having functions of pump, processor and cache.

The lack of detection in 97th-level imaging indicates that it is purely an immaterial organ that bridges both material and immaterial realms.

We later differ in that for me:

- the core is 100% spirit;
- that everyone is born with one except have very differing levels, and it is possible to suddenly "awaken" a latent core by a suitably strong enough stimulus;
- it can be transferred via means of suitably advanced magic, resulting in temporal fusion of two individuals or possibly an immaterial "archon"-like being (Resembling Shinigami from Bleach);
- "spirit energy" for me is still unlinked Mana, albeit floating in the Warp and Astral Planes instead of the Materium;
- and Ki is just a name for the mana linked via training a very low-potential LC to whip up some for physical enhancement (the magic basis of kungfu in other words).

Just my $0.02. Does these change anything?
Old 2008-07-01, 23:40   Link #2151
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Quote:

Spoiler for Summary:
Ah heck with it, here's the story that the above summary is attached to.

Linkage
Old 2008-07-01, 23:45   Link #2152
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
And with that we can safely assume that mages hate walls/floors/ceilings
In Lyrical Babel, the units I'm writing about are specifically instructed to be very, very careful around infrastructure. If you damage it, you'll have to explain why, in triplicate.

This is because they fight in populated areas, and someone's going to have to pay for the damage. And yes, this results in several cases of the protagonists getting tactically hamstrung.

I'm specifically intending a unit that can take down enemies with as little flash, impressiveness, and collateral damage as possible. The pinnacle of Rancer's achievements (pre-Babel) is that he managed to negotiate a surrender, without any violence or magic usage whatsoever.
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-01, 23:55   Link #2153
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Did you know your heart is a kind of specialized muscle? And in many ways, the Linker Core resembles the heart a lot.
I had thought of the linker core being the center of a magical cardiovascular system (magic circuits!) similar to the chakra rivers present in Naruto characters, I just forgot to mention it.

And before anyone asks, no I'm not going to start porting Naruto characters into Comacanon just because I have characters using ki/chi/chakra/whatever, alright?

Sheba, you can stop frothing at the mouth now.

Quote:
The Linker Core gets it name from the linking function it does, by converting free floating mana in the space around the person into linked mana able to be used.
"Linked mana"? As in mana being used in spells or mana ready to be used in spells, i.e. a personal mana pool?

Quote:
The LC is able to make use of "loading foods" --medically and from the anime, I'd say the nutrient involved would be carbos and fat-- by either extracting mana trapped in the food, or converting the energy in the food into mana, we're not sure.
I remember the DVD booklet mentioning that mages had to eat more than most people, but I chalked this up to their cores--being muscles--consuming a lot of physical energy. Eating food just for the purpose of replenishing mana sounds like something out of an RPG.

Quote:
The LC also has a storage function. Through rest and meditation, one can regenerate their magic potential over time.
Yeah, missed that one big time. Where is this mentioned?

Quote:
- the core is 100% spirit;
therein lies the logic disconnect for me; how can a muscle be purely spiritual?

Quote:
that everyone is born with one except have very differing levels, and it is possible to suddenly "awaken" a latent core by a suitably strong enough stimulus;
This works for me, to a degree. I'm still trying to get over the whole "core = muscle" thing, so I'm having a hard time conceiving of an LC behaving very differently from a muscle; just "awakening" technically shouldn't be possible.

Quote:
it can be transferred via means of suitably advanced magic, resulting in temporal fusion of two individuals or possibly an immaterial "archon"-like being (Resembling Shinigami from Bleach);
The shinigami comparison sounds kinda out there to me, but transferring a linker core shouldn't necessarily be impossible with the right spells.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-07-02, 00:39   Link #2154
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
It's been so long since I've been here. Time has passed me, and only this will catch me up! It's time to dust off the weapons, time to load the cartridges and go at it!

This isn't anything simple! This is something that will stand the test of time and it's my weapon that will do it!

IT'S NOT A QUESTION OF HOW OR CAN I! IT'S A MATTER OF THAT I WILL DO IT!

KAGEROU! BACKLOG! BREAKER!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Spoiler for Kha in Knight's Garb:
Original Kha is brighter than Clone Kha, so this pic does bring out the difference more than Fate's sketch, which was meant to catch Kha in his darker moods.

Kha is decked in his Knight's Garb, which is easily inverted to become the Knight Armor mode, sans some consecrated metal plating that we see in Fate's sketch. Behind him is the coat of arms of the Cleric-Knights, the aptly named Celestial Being, Chamber Militant of the Licht von Belka.

I wanted a good cassock for Kha's clerical duties, but since the Kruznik's refused to leave my mind... I used it. And yes I should've gone Alucard pose, but this pic was based off Shiro's character song album cover, and Alucard might be more of an OOC reference for reference sake, so I'll pass.

And most of all, mercurianangel managed to bring out all that in a professionally done manner! The assistant to Dark God Satashi bestows us with a great gift! We must thank her wholeheartedly!
:O

That. Is. Amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazenoyuuchi View Post
Also, I shall be joining your OC community. It is nice to meet everybody.
MMMm..... fresh meat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Except yaoi, but then who in their right minds accepts yaoi?
I will begin writing yaoi right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
This is a crackish idea I have thought up. It is not particularly well written but Aaron008R persuaded me that you guys should have a look.
Spoiler for Prologue or Madness:
Thoughts?
Very enjoyable. I would like to see more of this.

Quote:
Though I've been struck by a wave of inspiration lately. Here is a first design of Syn's Bow Device Hellskor:

Spoiler:

I'm quite pleased with the results. It has a bit of a Levantine feel to it, I'll admit, but that is intentional, with Mid lacking of examples to draw from they based it around Levantine. It still has a feel of its own.
*raises hand* Can I use this for Alpha?

Quote:
Or Cortana, after Franz totally wrecked her in a training duel...

Cortana: "That's IT! I WON'T BE YOUR DEVICE ANYMORE! LURCH! GIVE ME TO JOHN!"

Franz: "Holy shit my AI became sentient?!"

Cortana: "SOD OFF!"

Franz: -__-;;
snrkt.

Quote:
Swords are the most popular choice of weaponry, with polearm and spear weapons comming in second. Gun devices are also pretty popular, possibly rivaling if not surpassing the polearm weaponry, and I do recall seeing a couple of staff users around, but those were usually jeweled caster staffs. Beyond that we have one or two bows, katars and other fist weapons, I remember Kha once had a tower shield in one of his earlier versions, knives, glaives, kusari-gama, and probably a few more I can't recall. Nighty even had a keyblade user.
How come we don't have more hammer users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Iiiinteresting.

Should I ask for a quick informal role-call of active OCs and their weapons (or Devices)?
Goose sorta did this already, but this is the updated version:

Erick von Long: Twin Revolver Devices Maverick (no cartridge system) and Sidearm Recoil (cartridge system, where you think it would be). The original Sidearm was damaged by Spawn.

Glen Schattenman: Armed Longsword Device Phoenix (Cartridge System rests where it does on Levatine). He has a secondary Intelligent Device he rarely uses named Exelion (Rifle Form; resembles an M16A4). It's not really his, but that of his former comrade named Mark.

Emili Nailo: Armed Spear Device Sidewinder (C-System near the blade). She also has a Storage Device, Harkonnen, which can use both heavy cannon shells and magic cartridges. Furthermore, she uses the Charge Device that activates her Type G3C Ghost Armor.

Naomi Jaeger: Uses the Armed Naginata Device Sparrow (C-System near the blade); also uses the Ghost Armor.

Franz Jaeger: Uses the Storage Rifle Device Cobra (C-System where you think it would be).

Avery J. Ivanovich: Uses the Storage Rifle Device Harvest.

[Censored Final Boss]: *Warning Incoming Hax* Uses the penultimate Lost Logia Scythe known as Dawn of Armageddon.

Quote:
Well, if you need more firepower on the bureau side, I suppose I could port over Barghest for you to use... Hector's pretty gar (in canon, he was a Type-S device tester, although it's never confirmed one way or another if he still has one installed), there's Darril, and Walter...

Now that I think about it, Walter is one of the few mecha pratagonists who actually manages to settle down, have kids, get married, and progress further than the rank of Captain due to skills and hard work (at the time of the FM5 epilogue, he's a Colonel and the Fort Monus base commander).
FM5 Crack? ;___;

Quote:
I always like to play with the 'big stupid fighter' generalisation. I once made a smart fighter, who's main skills were centered around knowledge checks instead of the usuall climb/tumble/perception etc. Everyone looked weird at me untill we got assigned a mission to go to an ancient ruin, nobody knew where or what it was, so I rolled a knowledge check to find out if I knew. Totally not expecting that one, the GM frantically checked what the DC was, and it turned out I beat the DC to the point where I knew exactly what it was, where it was, and what its current state was.

In the end, it turned out that the GM's idea was for us to find out, and eventually end up in the library where we would have to go through quite a lot of trouble before we were given the needed info. I circumvented that entire step completely.
Playing against the stereotype is always fun. I once played a good sorcerer who was adept at necromancy; he hated his powers but was forced into using them on a regular basis.

Quote:
YOSH!!! FINALLY!!!

Chapter 12 of Riot Force 6 is now for your reading pleasure, with pure unadulterated grammar errors and no revisions XD

Spoiler for MGLN Riot Force 6:
Fun as usual :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
I'd love to see Hayate as the most powerful mage in close and ranged combat. That would be interesting. Also, Nanoha is sometimes called the White Devil, Fate the Black Angel, so what of Hayate? Sort of makes me curious, since Hayate has black angel wings.
Hayate is the Mistress of the Night Sky, no questions asked.

Quote:
To use a somewhat reaching analogy, in this case, rather than thinking of Hayate as a bomber, I'm thinking of her as an F-14. The Tomcat is badass, win, and pwnage, but it is not as manuverable at close range and low speed compared to the F-16 or MiG-29 or Su-27. What Tomcat pilots do is they train to shake the enemy pilot, disengage, light burners and get the reach for a missile shot, at a range where they'll do better; you can dogfight a Tomcat, but Tomcat jockeys will always attempt to open up the range where it favors them. (Especially since Tomcats - even the D never upgraded to the AIM-120 AMRAAM and were stuck with the AIM-7 Sparrow.)
Basically like this: High speed, low maneuverability. Favors keeping distance and bombardment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINNSK View Post
According to リリカルSympathy(This interview explains about Hayate),Hayate seems to be able to use most magic spells that Reinforce I owned.

(But her magic takes time.so I think she is not suitable to close range battle)

Spoiler for omake:
Wow it'd be nice if this wasn't in Moonspeak.

Quote:
I'm considering starting a Wiki for the OC-verse.

- It's essentially just going to be a repository of characters. No need to coordinate fanons, unless you really want to.

- Canon timelines, characters, and concepts are going to be the primary advantages I can see. We don't have to ask for confirmation on the differences between Knight's Garb and Knight's Armour; if it's not known, we can say so. If new information comes out, we can edit it.

- Current candidates for wiki hosting are BluWiki and Wikispaces. This is entirely because I don't want to bother with anything more complicated than "sign up and go". If anyone else has a better alternative, I'm open to suggestions.

- From previous experience, the main hurdles are going to be migration and maintenance.

- Migration: You'll have to copy your characters (and stories, if you want) to a whole new location, and learn a new formatting system. BluWiki and Wikispaces use MediaWiki, which Wikipedia uses (and more or less sponsors). I'm also conversant in PmWiki, plus the custom style TVTropes uses. Hence, I know how hard it is to convert from, say, BBCode to MediaWiki. It's extra work, pretty much.

- Maintenance: While the wiki content technically maintains itself, the primary problem I experienced with previous wikis is spam. Spambots are going to start converging on any remotely-open wiki, so either I'll need a dedicated group of people who are willing to check the wiki every day to remove spam edits, or we pray that the wiki hosting has a spam-control solution.

Any further suggestions or alternatives? I'm willing to pass the reins on to someone else with more ideas on what to do, if necessary.

Also, start thinking of names for the wiki, to save time. Both as a site name, as well as a domain space (ie blahblah.wikispaces.com or something).

EDIT TO ADD: Incidentally, for full disclosure: the wiki will be made anyway, since I wanted to make a wiki for my own characters anyway (for my own convenience). I just figured that I should offer to expand on the concept, to make it a community thing rather than a personal endeavour.

I'll be waiting a day or two for replies and opinions. If there's nothing concrete by then, I'll start it anyway.

EDIT AGAIN: Also, if there are no name suggestions, I'll come up with my own. And I really suck at naming.

Think of it as an incentive.

EDIT YET AGAIN: If you need an example of what I'm thinking about, something like this, although probably not as refined, since I also suck at site design. (Another volunteer position, there.) It's pretty much just a character repository with convenient wiki-linking capability.
Sounds like a plan.

Quote:
It's too damn quiet in here. Time to stir things up a little.

Spoiler for The Cosmology of Comacanon:
This reminds me...

I once considered a one-shot where the Aces ended up in Sigil through a teleport malfunction. There they would meet a certain wanderer and his talking skull companion...

Quote:
IMPORTANT: The information in this post is entirely temporary, and may change without notice.

I've set up something at http://ocnano.wikidot.com/ for now. If you want to join, you'll have to first set up a Wikidot account, and then join the OCNano wiki itself. This can be done either by application (which admins have to approve), or by "secret password": forcrackandthewhitedevil (which admins do not have to approve). Apparently there's no lower bar for entry in the options.

The wiki is very unfinished, and I'm still working out Wikidot syntax. (I'm already having buyer's regret about not picking a MediaWiki install, which at least I know already.) If you want to create pages there, please create only original character pages. I'm still working out the category structure and permissions.

DO NOT TREAT THIS AS FINAL. Chances are high that I'll be picking another wiki host before the day is out.

Yeah, screw Wikidot. I'm starting over.

EDIT: And of course, every other free wiki site I've tried is worse, at least for our needs.
Joined. Will try something later.

Quote:
Kriss probably hears yakyuken even when it's not said
Probably?

Quote:
I was thinking Astral Plane too. Heck, it already looks pretty Astral as it is.
True... >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
*snip*
o.o

IS THIS WHAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR?!

TEMPEST-KUUUUUUN

iloveyou
Old 2008-07-02, 00:56   Link #2155
JINNSK
黒猫のウィズやってます

I have finished my homework...Excuse my lazy translation.
Basically remaining part mentions Hayate's character.So,I'm not sure whether there is new information for you...

Spoiler for Original:

Spoiler for translation:
JINNSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 01:30   Link #2156
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Note: I've ported and touched up the OFM's wikistyle infodump post and am now working on linking it and stuff.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 01:53   Link #2157
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
I had thought of the linker core being the center of a magical cardiovascular system (magic circuits!) similar to the chakra rivers present in Naruto characters, I just forgot to mention it.
Chakra rivers, infused nervous systems, magic circuits... They are all the same thing, and in other for magical damage to actually work (or something to recognize and avoid damage), there must a piece of the system running through the whole body.

Quote:
"Linked mana"? As in mana being used in spells or mana ready to be used in spells, i.e. a personal mana pool?
Mana able to be used in spells, because raw unlinked mana is useless. AMF takes advantage of this by forcibly delinking the mana in a constructed spell, causing it to fizzle faster than it usually does. This is mentioned specifically in the booklets.

Quote:
I remember the DVD booklet mentioning that mages had to eat more than most people, but I chalked this up to their cores--being muscles--consuming a lot of physical energy. Eating food just for the purpose of replenishing mana sounds like something out of an RPG.
Unfortunately, this is quoted wholesale from the DVD Booklet so no escaping it. Anyway, it's the same thing: Mages do have a higher energy requirement than normal people, and it's because they harness 2 forms of raw energy sources instead of 1.

Quote:
Yeah, missed that one big time. Where is this mentioned?
DVD Booklet, in the same article as A Mage's Diet.

Quote:
Therein lies the logic disconnect for me; how can a muscle be purely spiritual?
It isn't a muscle, period. It can't be detected by simple imaging, or even surgical techniques, but it remains anchored to the person's soul and that undiscovered secondary comms network. At least this is what I think, using what I know so far.

Quote:
This works for me, to a degree. I'm still trying to get over the whole "core = muscle" thing, so I'm having a hard time conceiving of an LC behaving very differently from a muscle; just "awakening" technically shouldn't be possible.
See my above answer. It really doesn't have to be a muscle, or any material component at all.

Just to add on: The LC only becomes visible with special scanning techniques of the magical world. They know how to look for it and make it visible.

Also, Shamal couldn't target something she can't see right? She even missed it, so making it visible would've helped.

Quote:
The shinigami comparison sounds kinda out there to me, but transferring a linker core shouldn't necessarily be impossible with the right spells.
It is. I only just thot of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINNSK View Post
I have finished my homework...Excuse my lazy translation.
Basically remaining part mentions Hayate's character.So,I'm not sure whether there is new information for you...

Spoiler for Original:

Spoiler for translation:
Gah Hayate really went for the Priest route, no wonder she kinda sucks in melee/physical damage. Even her squishiness makes sense now.

Still doesn't remove the notion that she can combat with instant spells and suitable defences. Like a Shadow Priest.

It's all good to know; and I'm glad its still keikakudoori on my side of things.

And once again, whether we like it or not, canon follows the specifications of a game. Party mechanics, spell versus physical damage specialization, recharging mana with items or just sitting there, barrier jackets that work on stats alone, allowing Plate-ranked bikinis to have more defensive power than a full-body robe; this is the reality of canon we have to face as much as it doesn't make sense elsewhere. Suspension of Disbelief anyone?

And it's even more keikakudoori for my Codices!!! ^_^
Old 2008-07-02, 01:58   Link #2158
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Nanoha and Fate have character like "an athlete",so their last purpose is "I become stronger and better".
They regard it is important that becoming strong individually.
I think they are naturally ace.
But it seems that Hayate thinks herself doesn't need to be versatile and unrivaled.
I call Epic Bullshit on the lame shafting excuse.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-07-02, 02:01   Link #2159
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Otome!?
Why, you can't handle the naming convention?

Quote:
Ok... you got rid of the Nanobots...
Shou and I long agreed that Nanomachines were "technology too advanced to be used / developed by the Bureau by itself at this point in time"

I'm still reconsidering though...

Quote:
No Guys joined the program because of the hot pink robes?
There is surely one or two guys who don't care about something like that (And even it's someone like Ginka from Kyouran Kazoku Nikki ).
Men as Otome do not compute

Though there may be updates that may include men but in a different convention

Quote:
In WoW, nothing stops males from wearing a Hot Pink Dress, and frankly no one does because of other reasons that far outweighs looks, so if a system is good, why aren't there some guys?
*Whacks Kha with his complete Mai-Otome collection*

It's still a system still in testing...

Quote:
The Knight-sisters in the combat wings of the Adeptae Belkarum use Precious Robes, and a remarkably similar system, and their gender-segregation is simply because they've always been an all-girl army, and with their being tied to the Light of the Kaiser (who is female) via divinated Sparks, it pretty much eliminates all chance of a male entering the Convent.

Simply put: maybe Amiya just doesn't like powering guys?
You don't want me to explain it...

Quote:
That goes to show how a powerful system will attract people despite the looks.
I'm also taking into consideration the fashion sense of Midchildan males and the long feministic traditions of Midchilda, unlike the Partinistic Traditions of Earth.

Quote:
Me: In the name of Victoria's Secret, I purge this fashion daemon!
So Kha dresses in women's undies now?

Quote:
I keep wondering why woman from a clan of archeologists would go ahead and create battle units...
Kyla, married into the Scrya clan, and followed thier passions for studying/research and such. But she's in the Bureau, in a group that researches, studies and develops weapons- it would be a logical thing to do.

Quote:
Quote:
*Raises hand* I get to use magic, awesome weapons and, most importantly, fly and all I have to do is wear a pink robe? I don't think the fact I'm wearing a pink robe will register in my head untill I get over the initial 'I get to fly!' rush.
Quote:
Exactly my point. And after you get used to it, you'll somehow kid yourself into thinking otherwise. Such is the human mind.
Probably for us Earth Humans

we're talking of a system that has not been tested and proven as of this point- AKA Beta Version, there may be updates to it but it's up to us.

Quote:
And here's probably the biggest point: you're in a unit ultimately dominated by girls! You'd either be hen-pecked or King of the Harem, and there are people who go for either situation.
I just might put that as a reason on why males were not entering in.

*warps out*
Old 2008-07-02, 02:02   Link #2160
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

It can be an excuse, or it can make for a very intriguing combat style, but you must be up for it. Obviously, 7Arcs wasn't up for it, unlike us.

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content