AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Favorite Female Character (Multiple Choice Option)
Hinata 92 46.00%
Sakura 67 33.50%
Ino 23 11.50%
Temari 87 43.50%
Ten Ten 24 12.00%
Kurenai 37 18.50%
Tayuya 15 7.50%
Konan 47 23.50%
Tsunade 59 29.50%
Shizune 26 13.00%
Anko 49 24.50%
Karin 22 11.00%
Ramen Girl (Ayame) 41 20.50%
Chiyo 11 5.50%
Kin 4 2.00%
Matsuri 7 3.50%
Shima 4 2.00%
Rin 11 5.50%
Gurren 10 5.00%
Yugito 12 6.00%
Katsuya 3 1.50%
Other 16 8.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-11-11, 05:02   Link #81
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMilk View Post
Hinata, Temari, and Konan. No way in hell am I ever going to vote for Sakura again because of what happened in the manga...
unless she dies.
Please... you are looking at it wrong way. So what if she decided to make things better a bit wrongly? She still had good intentions.

It's not like she had killed someone.
Old 2009-11-11, 05:11   Link #82
McMilk
*Artist

I'm not implying anything plot-wise, I'm just saying I hate her. That's all.

Edit: Yep. I gave it spoiler tags... but there isn't much of a difference anymore with the quoting and all

Last edited by McMilk; 2009-11-11 at 05:16. Reason: my bad
McMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 05:35   Link #83
kitten320

^Well everyone has their own opinion.

I didn't really see a reason for them. You didn't reveal anything.
Old 2009-11-11, 15:17   Link #84
qwertyuiopz

wth tayuya is so badass
qwertyuiopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 17:56   Link #85
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
^ She's also dead.

Based on this small sample size, Temari, a character who barely appears in the manga and does nothing of note except for her Shikamaru relationship, is the most popular female character in Naruto. There is no worse indictment of Kishi's females than that. Kishi, you are doing it wrong.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 19:33   Link #86
Takashipl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
^ She's also dead.

Based on this small sample size, Temari, a character who barely appears in the manga and does nothing of note except for her Shikamaru relationship, is the most popular female character in Naruto. There is no worse indictment of Kishi's females than that. Kishi, you are doing it wrong.
Maybe the reason why she is so liked is because she appears rarely, thus Kishimoto had almost no chance to screw up
Takashipl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 12:54   Link #87
kitten320

Quote:
^ She's also dead.

And Hinata? She also barely appears and really does NOTHING but still is second in the poll.

Temari at least was kicking asses every time she had appeared.
Old 2009-11-14, 17:48   Link #88
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
^ She's also dead.

Females in the series in general are non-existant, they only appear once in awhile, do something for a chapter or two than disappears for a few dozen chapters where we the audience are bombarded with a sausage festival
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 20:18   Link #89
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
^ True. But it would be nice to see one or two high profile females not suck in this manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
And Hinata? She also barely appears and really does NOTHING but still is second in the poll.

Temari at least was kicking asses every time she had appeared.
Hinata has her one sided relationship with Naruto. That's going to make her popular. And the anime loves to pretend she's important and shove her down our throats in their filler and omakes.

Temari almost never appears in either the manga or the anime. Since Shippuden started, Temari has done nothing. She didn't kick any ass during the Gaara Rescue arc. Not only didn't she fight, she was barely shown.

Spoiler for manga:

Face it. Temari hasn't kicked anyone's ass since 6 years ago when she fought Tayuya. And if fans are waiting for the big Shikamaru x Temari relationship, well Kishi hasn't even done that in a while which has stalled Temari's development.

All I'm saying is this says something about how bad Kishimoto is with his main girls when an irrelevant side character with little screentime like Temari is more popular. Something is not working with the way Kishi writes females.
Old 2009-11-14, 21:34   Link #90
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

If all else fails, turn to Doujins and hentai
Old 2009-11-14, 22:04   Link #91
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takashipl View Post
Maybe the reason why she is so liked is because she appears rarely, thus Kishimoto had almost no chance to screw up
There is a lot of truth in that. If Temari appeared more, she'd start getting haters. Ino fans already dislike her. I imagine Sakura and Hinata fans would also if she started having a bigger role. It helps her she is in the background. You have less chance to offend.

I think it's more that Temari is the least hated of the female characters. She's a cool character who can fight. ShikaTema is popular and doesn't cause wank like so many other pairings. Sakura and Hinata are both helped and hurt by their relationships with fans.

That said...

Spoiler for Naruto manga:
Old 2009-11-15, 09:08   Link #92
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Why does Ino fan dislike Temari? I'm always learning about new things in this forum.

Btw,... I think what's happening here is that with the multiple choice option, a lot of fans that voted for Hinata also voted for Temari. Same thing goes for Sakura fan who also voted for Temari. However, a very few Hinata fans voted for Sakura and vice versa. Hence, the particular outcome in the poll. Temari is obviously the inadvertent beneficiary of a shipping war that's taking place behind the scene.

If the poll was just a single vote option, the outcome would have been much different. No wonder I love to see multiple choice option in polls.

Go Temari.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 10:53   Link #93
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Why does Ino fan dislike Temari? I'm always learning about new things in this forum.

Btw,... I think what's happening here is that with the multiple choice option, a lot of fans that voted for Hinata also voted for Temari. Same thing goes for Sakura fan who also voted for Temari. However, a very few Hinata fans voted for Sakura and vice versa. Hence, the particular outcome in the poll. Temari is obviously the inadvertent beneficiary of a shipping war that's taking place behind the scene.
It's quite simple.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph.../DieForOurShip
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 12:43   Link #94
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Simple, she stands in the way of ShikaIno and then they come up with thousands of ridiculous reasons to hate her. Although I don't get from where ShikaIno came up. ChouIno has way more chemistry than them.

Hinata fans are the most obvious ones. The biggest part of them hates Sakura because she stands in between NaruHina.

And another obvious character hate because of shipping is Mai from Avatar who is hated by Zutarians because she is in CANON relationships with Zuko. They come up with the most stupidest things in the world to hate her.

I really hate when characters are hated because of that and most importantly those are always female characters

If we have emo guy, he is cool. But if we have emo girl, she sucks... where is the logic in that?

Fangirls are idiots, it is such a shame that we are of the same gender

We need 3rd gender
Old 2009-11-15, 14:41   Link #95
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Quote:
Simple, she stands in the way of ShikaIno and then they come up with thousands of ridiculous reasons to hate her. Although I don't get from where ShikaIno came up. ChouIno has way more chemistry than them.
To be fair, ChouIno has the exact same chemistry as ShikaIno. And that would be zero. But in fandom, almost no one likes the fat guy, so ShikaIno is the chosen pairing. And ShikaIno sprang up from the same evil place that KibaHina, NejiTen, LeeTen, SuiKari, and all other team pairings with no romantic hints came up from. Fangirl Hades.
Old 2009-11-15, 16:10   Link #96
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
To be fair, ChouIno has the exact same chemistry as ShikaIno. And that would be zero. But in fandom, almost no one likes the fat guy, so ShikaIno is the chosen pairing. And ShikaIno sprang up from the same evil place that KibaHina, NejiTen, LeeTen, SuiKari, and all other team pairings with no romantic hints came up from. Fangirl Hades.
Well to be fair ShikaIno is based on the hint that Nara men seem to prefer "troublesome" women and Shikamaru has described Ino as "troublesome", so it's not entirely without merit.
Old 2009-11-15, 17:30   Link #97
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
lol yeah, its the "They're in the same team, it must be LURV!!!!"
Old 2009-11-15, 18:41   Link #98
kitten320

Quote:
Sorry but you are kinda wrong here. Ino was always the one to visit Chouji in hospitals, bring food, get worried over him and all. Those two are pictured together very often, not with Shikamaru.

Even when they got back fro "Save Sasuke" mission, Ino didn't bother to check on Shikamaru. Even though he had only broken a finger she still could check. While Temari who had particularly no connection had stayed.

ShikaIno is purely based on "We are in one team so it is love" while ChoIno has at least something. But if to go even deeper, than ChouShika makes the biggest sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Well to be fair ShikaIno is based on the hint that Nara men seem to prefer "troublesome" women and Shikamaru has described Ino as "troublesome", so it's not entirely without merit.
Did he? As far as I remember he had described Temari as troublesome far more often.
Old 2009-11-16, 02:42   Link #99
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Did he? As far as I remember he had described Temari as troublesome far more often.
Yeah but i'm talking about the difference between ChoIno and ShikaIno..
Old 2009-11-16, 13:16   Link #100
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Quote:
Sorry but you are kinda wrong here. Ino was always the one to visit Chouji in hospitals, bring food, get worried over him and all. Those two are pictured together very often, not with Shikamaru.

Even when they got back fro "Save Sasuke" mission, Ino didn't bother to check on Shikamaru. Even though he had only broken a finger she still could check. While Temari who had particularly no connection had stayed.

ShikaIno is purely based on "We are in one team so it is love" while ChoIno has at least something. But if to go even deeper, than ChouShika makes the biggest sense
ChouIno is based on nothing other than Ino needs to learn acceptance so instead of chasing Sasuke, she'll have to marry the ugly fat guy. Then she'll be taught a lesson or something.

ShikaIno is based on Nara guys marrying nagging witches who steal their manhood. And if you happen to think Temari looks too much like a guy, then you'll go for ShikaIno. Neither is based on anything in canon. They are both made up fan pairings although not as stupid as crack pairings.

Ino has showed concern for both her teammates. Do you really think Ino likes Choji more than Shikamaru? Ino cheered like a mad woman when she thought Shikamaru could beat Temari back in the chuunin exams. Just because it wasn't shown doesn't mean that Ino didn't check on Shikamaru. Why wouldn't she. It was Ino that put down Choji for being a fatass right to his face after a Team 10 party and Shikamaru cleaned up her mess. It was Ino who treated Shikamaru like he was Sasuke-kun during the Zombie Twin Arc.

Spoiler for manga:

Ino and Choji are rarely shown, but when they are, it's usually in the company of Shikamaru. Where do you get that Ino and Choji are always hanging out? This isn't Tenten and Neji where she follows him around like a puppy. The Team 10 dynamic is like this. Shikamaru and Choji. Then Ino is somewhere over there.

Anyway, we went OT. All of this should have been in the Romance Thread.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=17216&page=41