AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 55 Rating
Perfect 10 30 53.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 32.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 5.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.14%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-02, 04:26   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 55 Discussion/Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Episode 55.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2010-05-02, 04:45   Link #2
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Izumi = win
Old 2010-05-02, 05:01   Link #3
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

He's baaack... ^_____________^
Spoiler for 55:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf777 View Post
Izumi = win
Ah, finally something we all agree on. ^_^
Old 2010-05-02, 05:54   Link #4
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Ah, finally something we all agree on. ^_^
Well, forgive me for endorsing my own opinion, but I think it'd be difficult not to agree with that
Old 2010-05-02, 07:01   Link #5
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Izumi = win
That sums up, why I'm so hyper about this episode XD

Now waiting for the subs ....
Old 2010-05-02, 12:54   Link #6
klare

this may be the first time that Ed and Al have less than 10 lines of dialog, even added together...

nice ending again
Old 2010-05-02, 13:53   Link #7
Vicious108

I don't think Izumi = win. She's your typical and generic "brutal master who abuses her apprentices but actually cares a lot about them" and her housewife gimmick got old pretty quickly. Not to mention it's hard to care about her when she completely dropped off the face of the plot after her little arc. Since she gets such a big role as one of the human sacrifices later on, I think Arakawa should've spent some more time on her to make her a little more interesting.

But hey that's just me. I still enjoy what she does in this episode, though I haven't seen it yet. I'm more stocked for you-know-who's return though.
Old 2010-05-02, 14:15   Link #8
kitten320

Izumi made them do exactly what she did, but gave them more help considering the age difference.

Besides so far she kicks far more asses than anyone. Her entrance simply put Armstrongs to shame.
So yeh, Izumi is a win

Now I can't wait for great Bradley fight as well as Greed VS Bradley re-match

Oh! And I loved how Hoenheim had opened the door in that wall which was supposed to smash him

Man... so many great things are happening and now I can't choose on which character I want signature and avatar more -_-

Oh! And I just had to do this!
Spoiler for avatar:

P.S. Lack of screen time somehow adds more interest to her. Since she is basicly the only one of whom we don't know much. Atleast that's how it works for me.
Old 2010-05-02, 14:18   Link #9
GaimeGuy

yes. The return of the badass
Old 2010-05-02, 14:23   Link #10
kitten320

Ah! I also liked Izumi's entrance in anime more^^
The way she had created the fist of wall and knocked Sloth out of the way was epic. But was even better is when she opened the door and threw out those dolls like trash
Old 2010-05-02, 14:44   Link #11
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
I don't think Izumi = win. She's your typical and generic "brutal master who abuses her apprentices but actually cares a lot about them" and her housewife gimmick got old pretty quickly. Not to mention it's hard to care about her when she completely dropped off the face of the plot after her little arc. Since she gets such a big role as one of the human sacrifices later on, I think Arakawa should've spent some more time on her to make her a little more interesting.
Fair enough, I suppose. Still, I always liked the master characters, and their brutality to their 'idiot apprentices' always made me laugh. Lol... she owned a bear by herself - that's pretty frikkin sweet. But I would think that being a supporting character adds more to her charm; in other words, I think that Arakawa gave the right amount of her - not too much to make her redundant and enough to establish her as a cool character.

PS: I'm not sure if this is the case, but you might be better off using spoiler tags for some of that, if you know what I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Izumi made them do exactly what she did, but gave them more help considering the age difference.

Besides so far she kicks far more asses than anyone. Her entrance simply put Armstrongs to shame.
Hey, I would debate her entrance putting Armstrong's to shame.... that's a technique that's been passed down the Armstrong line for generations XD (plus, he DID save his sister in doing so).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320
So yeh, Izumi is a win
Isn't she though? Can't mess with Sensei. I like that Sig has more of a combat role here as well, as in the first anime, he was just kind of silent and supporting Izumi by being there and not much else.

Quote:
Now I can't wait for great Bradley fight as well as Greed VS Bradley re-match

Oh! And I loved how Hoenheim had opened the door in that wall which was supposed to smash him

Man... so many great things are happening and now I can't choose on which character I want signature and avatar more -_-
This might also need a spoiler tag..... not sure, though.

Quote:
P.S. Lack of screen time somehow adds more interest to her. Since she is basicly the only one of whom we don't know much. Atleast that's how it works for me.
Yeah, I agree... the mystique factor. We got a taste of how much tail she kicks, but we don't know enough about her to make her a main character - I think it's a nice touch to make the readers enticed by her.
Old 2010-05-02, 14:46   Link #12
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Whenever Izumi is one screen it's instant win for me, though this episode belonged to Alex and Sig, as their scene was plenty epic. There's also Bradley's return which gave me shivers, especially the build up to it. Next weeks episode looks like it'll be off the chart in terms of animation, so can't wait for that.
Old 2010-05-02, 14:58   Link #13
kitten320

Quote:
Hey, I would debate her entrance putting Armstrong's to shame.... that's a technique that's been passed down the Armstrong line for generations XD (plus, he DID save his sister in doing so).
I meant both Alex and Olivier
But then again they both had killed Sloth many times before that, so they make for it^^

Quote:
Isn't she though? Can't mess with Sensei. I like that Sig has more of a combat role here as well, as in the first anime, he was just kind of silent and supporting Izumi by being there and not much else.
Yeh, it is good to see that he plays bigger role in this series

Quote:
This might also need a spoiler tag..... not sure, though.
I really doub that. Episode ended with Bradle's entrance and preview clearly showed who he is gona fight

Quote:
Yeah, I agree... the mystique factor. We got a taste of how much tail she kicks, but we don't know enough about her to make her a main character - I think it's a nice touch to make the readers enticed by her.
Yep, same here^^
Old 2010-05-02, 15:13   Link #14
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I meant both Alex and Olivier
But then again they both had killed Sloth many times before that, so they make for it^^
Yeah, that's true. And you know, he might be a big dumb oaf, but Sloth seems like he's tougher than the rest of the homunculi. I mean
Spoiler for stuff:

Quote:
I really doub that. Episode ended with Bradle's entrance and preview clearly showed who he is gona fight

Ah, sou da ze. I didn't see the end yet, so I'll take your word for it.
Old 2010-05-02, 15:24   Link #15
kitten320

Yeh have to agree. It is like if he was killed over and over without stop yet he still was moving. Probably because in comparison to others he never really fought before so he had kept all his lifes
Old 2010-05-02, 15:26   Link #16
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Makes sense. Also, it could be that because he's so slow (mentally, not physically, obviously) he doesn't realize when stuff is hurting until it's too late...... he doesn't even realize he's died until 5 minutes after he revives
Old 2010-05-02, 15:52   Link #17
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

MY MUSCLES GREW A THOUSAND FOLD WATCHING THIS EPISODE. As amazing as Izumi and Bradley were in this episode, the Alex/Sig meeting totally stole the show and was as awesome and hilarious as I thought it would be. This is the start of the manliest bromance in history.

Last edited by Kanon; 2010-05-02 at 17:24.
Old 2010-05-02, 18:08   Link #18
saravis

If there is one word that can define this episode its GAR. First we have Hohennheim's casual, but totally awesome display of alchemy. Then we have more Alex awesomeness, but thats then put to shame by an ever greater garness that is Sig. Then that was put to shame by the ultimate garness of those two combined. Then we end with the cherry on top, that is King Bradley's return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
While I agree that her character is typical and in some respects generic, I disagree that thats a bad thing. She's your typical tough love mentor, who's brutal to her apprentices only because she knows that if they make it through her training, they will be all the stronger for when the real tough times come. An old Spartan quote put it best, "Training is bloodless war, and war is bloody training." Of course she has faith in them that they have what it takes. As she said in this episode, she considers the boys family. Perhaps even to the extent she considers them like children of her own.

As to her "housewife" gimmick. While I don't completely understand where she's coming from with that, it seems to me its her way of presenting herself humbly because of past mistakes as well as a designation of what she truly desires. In many respects that "gimmick" is the defining of her character, that you say that she lacks.

Just my thoughts on her
Old 2010-05-02, 18:13   Link #19
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

so many sparklies this episode. haha. we finally get the badassness of King Bradley.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2010-05-02, 22:02   Link #20
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Awesome episode. Izumi definitely took the cake this time. I hope we get to see some more fighting from her at some point. But when Bradley was walking towards the wall, I would snipe him right in the head. That sure would deter his subordinates.

Anyway, next episode should be good.