AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-16, 01:28   Link #21
marvelB

Some more info is out. In particular, we finally get some details on the "Gigolo mode". Heh, sure sounds amusing now that I know what it's about!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-24, 09:37   Link #22
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Killer is Dead hits Japan in August

Quote:
Killer is Dead, the latest game from Grasshopper Manufacture and director Goichi “Suda 51″ Suda, will launch for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in Japan this August, the latest issue of Famitsu confirms.

North American and European releases have previously been confirmed for summer, courtesy of publishers XSEED Games and Deep Silver.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 17:23   Link #23
marvelB

And here's another Gigolo-rific trailer:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-04-30, 17:30   Link #24
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

LOLOLOL! What's with the stupid astronaut helmet
Old 2013-04-30, 18:03   Link #25
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
LOLOLOL! What's with the stupid astronaut helmet

Dark side of the moon, baby.
Old 2013-04-30, 22:58   Link #26
Chase

My kind of game
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 14:44   Link #27
Dextro
He Without a Title

Hum... I wonder if the Western release will get the option to play this in Japanese with english subs. If so it's going into my must buy pile
Old 2013-05-11, 03:56   Link #28
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Killer is Dead: early Japanese copies include fourth Mondo Girl

Quote:
Betty, the mysterious beauty and fourth Mondo Girl teased in our last Killer is Dead update, will be available as a first-run purchase bonus in Japan, publisher Kadokawa Games has announced.
Old 2013-05-11, 12:29   Link #29
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I'm really digging the game so far. Hopefully the gameplay is good. Just sucks that the U.S. version doesn't have dual audio.

With four of the Mondo Girls shown so far, I wonder if Vivian and Mika are gonna be able to be "conquered" as well?
Old 2013-05-14, 17:42   Link #30
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

http://gematsu.com/2013/05/killer-is...e-release-date

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 19:17   Link #31
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
I'm really digging the game so far. Hopefully the gameplay is good. Just sucks that the U.S. version doesn't have dual audio.

With four of the Mondo Girls shown so far, I wonder if Vivian and Mika are gonna be able to be "conquered" as well?

Has that been confirmed? The absence of the Japanese track would be quite a blow to my interest :-(
Old 2013-05-15, 19:22   Link #32
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The English voice doesn't sound bad at all, I don't think having the Japanese voicing would matter much unlike say the tales and persona series.
Old 2013-05-16, 03:09   Link #33
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Is this an action game in the vein of DMC?
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 03:15   Link #34
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Don't know if it's like DMC... Haven't seen any proper gameplay demo yet.

But the main character does have a sword, and he does have a hand cannon (literally).

Is it me, or are Japanese hack n slash action games fall under either "like DMC" or "like Ninja Gaiden" ?
Old 2013-05-16, 07:14   Link #35
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Killer is Dead Japanese first-run bonuses detailed

Quote:
Betty

Includes the Gigolo Mission “Bloodsucking Temptress,” centered around the fourth Mondo Girl Betty, voiced by Yu Asakawa, who is also known as “The Lifeforcer.” She appears young, but is actually a 256-year-old vampire whose favorite dish is the blood of a strong man. With her voluptuous appearance, she cannot help but attract men.
Old 2013-05-16, 16:51   Link #36
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
The English voice doesn't sound bad at all, I don't think having the Japanese voicing would matter much unlike say the tales and persona series.
I just tend to dislike dubs of any kind. I would rather have to read subtitles than get dubbed audio. Intonation is a very important part of voice acting and I find that the constrains placed on dubs (having to fit a pre-set time for each line) tend to break the original meaning of sentences. This is true for any language, not just Japanese. I know that there are some great dubs out there (the Metal Gear series, for example, or virtually every Disney animated film to date) but those tend to be the exception rather than the rule.
Old 2013-05-16, 16:52   Link #37
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
I like the English voices too, but if other regions are getting the dual audio feature, then I would like that as well.
Old 2013-05-16, 17:01   Link #38
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I just tend to dislike dubs of any kind. I would rather have to read subtitles than get dubbed audio. Intonation is a very important part of voice acting and I find that the constrains placed on dubs (having to fit a pre-set time for each line) tend to break the original meaning of sentences. This is true for any language, not just Japanese. I know that there are some great dubs out there (the Metal Gear series, for example, or virtually every Disney animated film to date) but those tend to be the exception rather than the rule.
I think it depends on the setting of the game- If it's a Japanese high school with Japanese characters, then obviously having a Japanese voice is much better.

But if it's like Metal Gear with a western setting despite being a Japanese game, then not having the Japanese voice wouldn't affect it much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
I like the English voices too, but if other regions are getting the dual audio feature, then I would like that as well.
Fair enough.
Old 2013-05-16, 17:07   Link #39
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I do agree with you on the point of what language fits the situation more. I've even heard that Kojima feels that the English version of Metal Gear is the definitive version. Dual audio would be a nice feature, but not having it doesn't and shouldn't ruin the experience.
Old 2013-05-16, 17:21   Link #40
marvelB

So you can even date a vampire in this game..... so what's next? A werewolf? Or a zombie girl, perhaps?

As far as voice acting goes..... eh. I don't really have any particular issues with it. The dub voices I heard so far sound decent enough to me, so I don't really mind if the localized versions lack dual audio (though it would still be a nice thing to have).