AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2015-08-18, 18:55   Link #1
Tenzen12

Images
Title graphic
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Original tittle: 世の事件簿, Rōdo Erumeroi Ⅱ Yo no Jikenbo
Author: Sanda Makoto (Rental Magica, Chaos Dragon)
Artist: Mineji Sakamoto

Spoilers
Spoiler for Synopsis
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2015-08-18 at 22:04.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-19, 06:18   Link #2
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

AKA "The Further Adventures of Waver Velvet".
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-19, 06:59   Link #3
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

It's actually quite an interesting read. Also somewhat amusing how he's proud of how weak he is.
Old 2015-08-19, 09:07   Link #4
Tenzen12

It's more like je is proud how much selfaware he is

That said je US reálky cool... in his own petty way. Grey also growth to mě a lot
Old 2015-08-23, 06:20   Link #5
Key Board
Carbon

Isn't he supposed to be incredibly average as a mage.

I guess he'll make do with tactics over skill
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 07:09   Link #6
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Isn't he supposed to be incredibly average as a mage.

I guess he'll make do with tactics over skill
Rather than average, think more like...bottom of the barrel lol.

For those who aren't aware, there is an ongoing translation effort for the first volume at the Beast's Lair forum. Check it out if you like waiting for things.
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-23, 16:36   Link #7
Tenzen12

He is Fes, the fourth rank Magus which put's him barely above avarage.

...which put him under such as Rin or Luvia.
Old 2015-08-23, 21:46   Link #8
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
He is Fes, the fourth rank Magus which put's him barely above avarage.

...which put him under such as Rin or Luvia.
That said, as shown in F/Z, he's very intelligent and knows how to get the best out of his limited ability. Think of him as a (very) poor man's Tatsuya Shiba without the overpowered asspull-fu.
Old 2015-08-24, 05:24   Link #9
Tenzen12

I don't think you can do justice to anyone to compare him/her to Tatsuya (unless you mean it as critique), after all if you remove asspull-fu from him there is nothing left.

Even with his intellect and preparedness he still can't catch with really strong people... that's why he need Grey as brawn to his brain and insight.

Better comparison would be Rokurou from Black Lagoon.
Old 2015-08-25, 03:01   Link #10
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
I don't think you can do justice to anyone to compare him/her to Tatsuya (unless you mean it as critique), after all if you remove asspull-fu from him there is nothing left.
- You could probably argue that Tatsuya's actual magical ability is being able to asspull anything out of any situation.

Plus, it's apples and oranges. Magic works differently in the Type-Moon universes, so it's not exactly a fair comparison in terms of skill or intellect.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-25, 03:54   Link #11
Tenzen12

I guess you are agree with me than...

Anyway here is post from another forum concerning clock tower ranks. As I said Weaver is fourth, but IIRC he is batting for fifth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by You View Post
wow so vol 2 actually had all the magus ranks 1-7.
Crown (Grand), Colour (Brand), Ceremony (Bride), Festival (Fes), Unsealed (Cause), Chief (Count), Youngest (Flame)
Apparently there are not many grands in the history of the association. And most lords stop at Brand, so that is "practically," the highest rank.
Lev and Darnic stronk.
Also the the difference between Bride and Brand is like heaven and earth. You actually need super good abilities to become a Brand. While Fes can be given as an honor to normal magi with high status eg Waver.
Old 2015-09-23, 12:16   Link #12
alex_drian

AKA "The New Adventures of Waver Velvet", with Imouto, Lluvia and Saber (clone)
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-23, 15:41   Link #13
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
Saber (clone)
Actually, rather than clone Gray should be Arthuria's direct descendant ( probably from one of her sisters since she had two of them ). We know that because of his look ( Velvet is asking him to cover his face with a hood because he reminds him too much of Arthuria, and as such in painful IV'th Grail War ) and because he carry the Holy Spear that Arthuria used to kill Mordred.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-24, 02:58   Link #14
Tenzen12

1.Gray is girl
2.You are mistaking what "direct descendant" means.
3. Being DISTANT descendant doesn't exclude her from being "Saber clone" as she has standard attribute of that ("Seiba face").

That said I never felt need threat Gray as SC due her complete lack of pathos. AFAIC she is just "normal" girl who incidentally happens to have same face as Saber clones (and wield fairly powerful Noble phantasm on her own).
Old 2015-09-24, 02:58   Link #15
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
Actually, rather than clone Gray should be Arthuria's direct descendant ( probably from one of her sisters since she had two of them ). We know that because of his look ( Velvet is asking him to cover his face with a hood because he reminds him too much of Arthuria, and as such in painful IV'th Grail War ) and because he carry the Holy Spear that Arthuria used to kill Mordred.
Well, in TYPE-MOON terms, that make her a Saber Clone, right? the mage version (besides of Master Arthuria, but damn, that's being shameless Takeuchi, is only Arturia in a Sailor Fuku, Katana and Command Spells). She have the attribute Saberface, which gives her the power...of the moe, I think so

"Velvet is asking him to cover his face with a hood because he reminds him too much of Arthuria, and as such in painful IV'th Grail War"

Yeah, Rather than he almost eat a Excalibur attack head on
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-30, 07:15   Link #16
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
2.You are mistaking what "direct descendant" means.
Well, giving that Arthuria had no more kids, this is as direct as you can be.

Quote:
3. Being DISTANT descendant doesn't exclude her from being "Saber clone" as she has standard attribute of that ("Seiba face").
Well, if she is descendant from one of her sisters ( most likely, since Arthuria had 2 of them after all ) it's not that distant. And of course she is going to look like her when she is from her bloodline

And my mistake, I really thought that she is a gay. Have that feling while reading her TM page in depth.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-11, 08:37   Link #17
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Like to read this when much material is out. Is this still ongoing?

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-11, 08:59   Link #18
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

3 volumes out currently. There's a translation ongoing in BL. Vol1 is about 75% done.

Servant Wishlist:
Available: Jeanne, Arturia, Marie, Nero, Atalanta, Elizabeth, Tamamo, Euryale, Scathach, Mordred, Karna, Medb, Enkidu
Not Yet Released: Semiramis, Achilles
belatkuro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-05, 09:14   Link #19
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Forgot to ask. Is this set during the 5th HGW?

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-05, 10:11   Link #20
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Months before the 5th HGW.
belatkuro is online now   Reply With Quote