AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-11-17, 12:43   Link #1421
Komori
D:

I *do* play a lot. :P And there wasn't much else for me to do since I'm a raider and we cleared all of our content within 2-3 days. Lots of free time available to do useless stuff like that.
Komori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 15:40   Link #1422
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hmm. Best guess is that the world is designed for the more casual players in mind. The ones that will be spending the next two+ months leveling to 80 rather than rushing it in three days.

But that depends on how fast one levels doing quests while only spending a few hours a day (or even a weeks) playing. My copy should be in tomorrow so I'll find out later this week (and join up with the rest of my guild leveling in Northrend...though I doubt they are over level 71 each since they don't play as much as I do, and one was busy doing his DK instead)
Old 2008-11-17, 16:57   Link #1423
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
There's a whole ton of bugged quests, which is really annoying. Usually involving things not spawning/respawning when they should. Off the top of my head, there's the ghost pirate in Howling Fjord, the Vykrul champion in Skorn, and the trees in Dragonblight for the shredder quest.

Not to mention all the quests which technically work but seem to be designed as if there's no one else in the world. The most obvious offender is the dragon summoning quest right ouside the Nexus. Only one person can do it at a time, and there's like a minute or more wait in between possible attempts. So you end up with a bunch of people standing around trying to start it as fast as possible every minute. Not fun. Also apparently buggy, in that it just fails to give you credit for it so you have to do it again...

Well, sometimes I just wonder what they were thinking when designing these things. I suppose there's a whole ton of quests that work fine though, so you gotta give them credit for that.

Ummmm....this is weird because for the ghost pirate, the vrykul champion and the dragon summoning, I didn't have any problems doing them. It's just that flying machine so far. The grapple hook just wont latch onto a relic bag.

And guys, keep the insults about who plays how much on the WoW forums where it belongs. I think we're above such stupidity. If people want to get to 80 faster or to get some achievements done, that's their choice. As long as they're not risking their health, finanical welfare or family wellbeing, it's fine. Komori having those mounts isn't bizzare or over-the-top. I've seen plenty of players with both.
Old 2008-11-17, 17:05   Link #1424
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
There's a whole ton of bugged quests, which is really annoying. Usually involving things not spawning/respawning when they should. Off the top of my head, there's the ghost pirate in Howling Fjord, the Vykrul champion in Skorn, and the trees in Dragonblight for the shredder quest.

Not to mention all the quests which technically work but seem to be designed as if there's no one else in the world. The most obvious offender is the dragon summoning quest right ouside the Nexus. Only one person can do it at a time, and there's like a minute or more wait in between possible attempts. So you end up with a bunch of people standing around trying to start it as fast as possible every minute. Not fun. Also apparently buggy, in that it just fails to give you credit for it so you have to do it again...

Well, sometimes I just wonder what they were thinking when designing these things. I suppose there's a whole ton of quests that work fine though, so you gotta give them credit for that.
I was lucky in that I picked the right time to do the ghost pirate and Skorn quests, they were both working. Never managed to get the flying machine done though but I got the 130 quests achievement already and am ahead of the level curve zonewise since I did both starting zones, so I doubt I will bother to go back and do it. At one point in time there was one bag working but I was not in the mood to fight a million other people for a single spawn point, especially not after having just done the proto-whelp quest (what a fun half-hour of aoe spamming the eggs hoping to be the one to tag the things when they spawned).

I had the aforementioned bug happen to me on that dragon quest too, finished it and got no credit. Luckily there was only one other person standing there afterward and I had a quicker trigger finger than him. Completed fine the second time. Of all the poorly-designed quests I have seen so far though, by far the worst is the one where you listen to that idiot talk in the basement of Wintergarde. You have to listen to his whole stupid conversation to get quest credit and nobody else can interact with him while it's going on. It was completely unnecessary to do that, they could have easily just made the conversation a flavor thing that you could watch if you chose to, and left the NPC interactive at all times for anyone to get and turn in the quest.

Other than that though I am enjoying myself a ton, zones are absolutely beautiful (yes even Borean) and it feels like a much bigger step up flavorwise than BC did from original WoW. Lots of fun quests too, rescuing the villagers in Wintergarde was one of my favorites.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 17:06   Link #1425
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Who said I was Insulting? I was just sayin that person is lucky to have that much time to get the Unessissary stuff, If anything.. I'm just a "bit" jealous... I an not jealous about Getting to 80 first for the achivments how ever, because I don't have that kind of time out of working and other stuff to do it. Neither do I like using Bots or paying people to do stuff for me.
Old 2008-11-17, 17:08   Link #1426
Jaden

Just hit level 80 with my arcane mage. I have to say it was very...easy. All the quests and instances 71-80 were just steamroll, though it was fresh enough to keep things interesting.
Haven't found worthy replacements for most of my gear yet. Often I found something that could be a slight upgrade, but only if I got gems, enchants etc. for them, and I don't really want to spend that stuff on blue gear.

Don't have a lot of PvP expirience yet but it seems arcane mages will remain just as overpowered even with new gear. Sure stamina doubles but so does spellpower, and scaling is the reason arcane is so imba (well, also slow, 1/1 manashield and the 140 base magic resistance) Nerf is coming eventually, I'm sure of it.

Have gathered a lot of herbs and decided to get Alchemy to accompany Tailoring. Benefits from being an inscriber seem minimal and I know plenty of inscribers. Alchemy is sure to prove useful...although it'll be a little more difficult to level.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 17:16   Link #1427
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Benefits from being an inscriber seem minimal and I know plenty of inscribers.
Unfortunately I agree, most glyphs are very common so you don't need the profession to get them, they sell for next to nothing on my server, and any money I did make selling them during the initial rush would likely have been dwarfed by the amount I'd have made just selling the herbs on the AH. And that's exactly what I've been doing since Wrath released. Have not leveled inscription a point above 350, considering even dropping it (and I know that immediately after I do they will decide to give back the extra glyph spot). Hopefully the shoulder enchants are worth it but from what I've heard they're not.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 18:41   Link #1428
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Grats to the guys getting to 80 so fast. Haven't got that far myself yet, only 74 on the DK. Only bugged quest I have had so far is that flying machine one.

DK tanking is awesome, I find it really enjoyable. How have you guys found the new tank class? From DPS, healing, or even as the DK perspective.
Old 2008-11-17, 18:47   Link #1429
Komori
D:

[18:45:28]Congratulations, you have reached level 80!
[18:45:28]You have gained 507 hit points and 184 mana.
[18:45:28]You have gained 1 talent point.
[18:45:28]Your Strength increases by 1.
[18:45:28]Your Agility increases by 1.
[18:45:28]Your Stamina increases by 1.
[18:45:28]Your Intellect increases by 4.
[18:45:28]Your Spirit increases by 2.
[18:45:28][Reverse] has earned the achievement [Level 80]!

Woo!

Did the numbers. 2 days, 21 hours, 21 minutes, 45 seconds /played since the 13th at 10:25am.

Last edited by Komori; 2008-11-17 at 18:58.
Old 2008-11-17, 19:38   Link #1430
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Grats Komori.

Queue for me today - ZERO! ^^
Old 2008-11-17, 20:45   Link #1431
Komori
D:

Doing Naxxramas now. Loots so far:

Anub'Rekhan

Grand Widow Faerlina

I picked up the gloves and the offhand by default.
Old 2008-11-17, 20:55   Link #1432
Mr Hat and Clogs

10 man naxx?
Old 2008-11-17, 21:02   Link #1433
Komori
D:

Yeah, we don't have enough people for 25 man yet. But 10 man is going well so far. Spider wing will be cleared tonight, possibly another wing as well.

Maexxna down!

Last edited by Komori; 2008-11-17 at 21:15.
Old 2008-11-17, 21:23   Link #1434
Mr Hat and Clogs

need to do it with no one dieing and stuff imo, get the drake!
Old 2008-11-17, 21:39   Link #1435
Komori
D:

Eventually. :P This is our first time ever doing Naxxramas. None of us played on beta and some have done it 40 man. We're going in using the 40 man strats.

Noth down! I got the awesome back Dark Shroud of the Scourge.
Old 2008-11-17, 21:45   Link #1436
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Horde reformed version of Death and Taxed finished Naxx 10 man on Blackrock an hour ago.
Old 2008-11-17, 22:22   Link #1437
Komori
D:

[22:19:08]<Deadly Boss Mods> Heigan the Unclean down after 19 minutes and 24 seconds!

Because more than half the raid died, including myself.
Old 2008-11-18, 01:05   Link #1438
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Well, yall guys is doing all the fun stuff, I am still doing my thing at 65.5 in Tek but here is a question for the DK that plays Blood spec. I been thinking that I was screwing up on my Blood build and I am not going into Unholy. I will post my build on here and I want any advice to my build alot better.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jf0GqIMIsfRzzAoG0xxh
Old 2008-11-18, 01:53   Link #1439
Komori
D:

Mmm. Claimed 8 server firsts tonight. I'm sure the top horde guild must be upset about that since they were claiming server first Anub'Rehkhan hours after our kill.

EPEEN IS SERIOUS BUSINESS.

I made out well tonight. I got 5 Naxxramas epics, the most of the whole group. Being the only caster has its perks. :3

Gloves of Dark Gestures
Watchful Eye - Probably not going to use this until I get a good dagger. Currently looking at Flameheart Spell Scalpel.
Saltarello Shoes
Dark Shroud of the Scourge
Signet of the Malevolent - Probably the best piece of loot I got tonight.
Old 2008-11-18, 02:30   Link #1440
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well my copy came in a day early. So I've been attempting to level up. Gotten about half way through level 70 to 71. I dont' quite see how you all can go so fast. But then I was working on leveling my hunter earlier today before the mail came. I figure at this rate I should make 80 in about two or three weeks. Maybe faster or slower depending on how the leveling is later on.

The Tundra is so big and kind of stark. I've only upgraded some of the greens I had from Outland questing. I hope they have a chest quest reward soon. I've been using a chest dropped green for a long time now. I did replace one epic with a green and a then a blue (the Shattered Sun warlock neck) because the new one had spell hit and enough spell power to make it worth it.

I've gotten out to the Airstrip and the 3 man group quest at that scrouge base in the far east. (Haven't done anything with the "hippies" yet.) Should I stay around that area or head out to the Fjord? (Alliance).

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows