Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-18, 11:41   Link #81
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Enough Kalulu, how about Schneizel x Kannon?
Old 2008-12-18, 11:52   Link #82
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
LOL great point. There were many example of this on AS.

Before EP 22 there was "If Kallen joins Lelouch then she's just a fangirl etc etc."

After ep 22 "Well she didn't even understand Lelouch/OMG I can't believe she's fighting against Lelough what a bitch"

Kallen can't win
Yeah and this does not only apply to Kallen. I mean a lot of people try to make weak points about characters, so their opponent so-called-ship won't be "valid" enough.
If we want to be fair, a lot of anti-C.C fans, pick the Mao incident and start calling her insert-pretty-words-here. Alright, so what? And Kallen is a terrorist. So? People are allowed to make mistakes and the morality in this show goes flying outta the window and comes back every 5 seconds. {and it is just a show in the end}
It is just tiring to see again and again "punching" the charas so the romantic-implications of one, won't be "justified" by morality.
And because this is more about CCxL and Kalulu, it is like a lot of shippers discard all of the moments CC and Kallen supported Lelouch throughout the series to nitpick in just a single moment, and be zomg!fault, fault there.

eta: @pink-chan: thanks a lot for the scan ~
Old 2008-12-18, 11:54   Link #83
blottyparchment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneizel View Post
Enough Kalulu, how about Schneizel x Kannon?
That reminds me. Was Kanon included in the Mutuality sketches? I haven't seen a sketch of him yet. Also, was Kanon's character conceived in the producers' original plans or was he like Gino, Anya, and Rolo?

And what happened to him by the end of CG? I hope the last PD sheds some light on some missing characters...

EDIT:

@incorrupts

No, thank pink-chan.
Old 2008-12-18, 12:02   Link #84
Levy
differently sober

@Blotty: Someone at the LJ community shared what was supposed to be the full Mutuality book and there's no Kanon in there, it seems.. ^^; too bad!
thanks both you and pink-chan :3

yay for Schneizel/Kanon! ^^

I wonder what a hard time Kanon might have with geassed Scheneizel... :/
Old 2008-12-18, 12:08   Link #85
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by blottyparchment View Post
I didn't want to join in the fray but...

Wondering why 2ch has been quite? It's because 2ch rurukare fans don't clamor so much because they're already in a state of blissful satisfaction, though the rurukare thread there still has to battle the occasional troll.

Here is the scan of that NT booklet:

Spoiler for size:

Credit goes to pink-chan

(Btw, gomen ne, pink-chan, for posting this. I cropped part of it and resized it to 50%.)

And the exact description of the kiss is:

最初で最後の口づけを交わし、ルルーシュに決別に告げるカレン。
Sharing the first and last kiss, Kallen bids Lelouch farwell.

If we want to go literal here, it says,
Exchanging the last kiss at the first, Kallen tells Lelouch farewell.

Whoa, that just sounds weird.

Geez. Didn't know that talking about it in private would lead to this eruption of Mt. Pinatubo. dec mentioned it to me, so I tried to look it up on the net and I got several Cold Mountain posters with Jude Law and Nicole Kidman lips to lips on the front and some torrid *blip*. Traumatizing, really. I read some japanese blogs to see the context in which it was used and read some interesting things like, 'after exchanging kisses, they understood their feelings for each other', 'they exchanged a passionate kiss', and what else. So then, I wondered about the actual usage of the line and asked Lie about it. There are implications as to the meaning of the line. Lie already gave them a page back. Whether you believe those or not (was it a mutual kiss or not?) is up to you.

The fastest way to describe a kiss is simply to say it is a kiss, right? Either, the NT booklet was just going for some fancy, descriptive way of rephrasing it, (goodness knows how many times the word 'kiss' has been reiterated), or it wanted to convey a message.

The description is an affirmation of what others have been getting at/to, really. Just like how it's a culmination of Kallen's (and possibly Lelouch's) realizations, this is also a culmination of the search for missing pieces of the puzzle for some people. So others may be in the festive mood and feel like shout out their joy or others might just be like hens cooing peacefully in blissful satisfaction.
(This kiss, btw, has been considered by Murata the continuation of Turn 7's not kiss.)

As for other implications of a romantic nature, you won't find much. From Murata and Yoshino's interview in the NT booklet, we get:
C.C. - will continue to act as an observer (Turn 24)
Shirley - understood Lelouch's feelings and intentions in her own terms (Turn 13)
Kallen - heartbreak everywhere >.< (Turn 19, 22...)
*Knelt*

Marry me.

There was something I wanted to add, because of what I read about "only Kalulu fans saw this" or things like that. So, when a Kalulu shipper translate things about Suzaku, Nunally, or whatever, things are perfectly fine, but when he/she gives something about his favourite pairing, people are wondering ?

Let's not forget that the most well known CG translators is a Kalulu shipper, and since the start fo the serie, she translated a bunch of material; So what, if tomorrow she is saying something favouring Kalulu from whatever stuff, this will be questionable ?
I think that's really unfair. A translation is a translation, and when just like there, the line appears in a lot of site, I don't see the point to wonder about it validity.

Oh and

Quote:
It's because 2ch rurukare fans don't clamor so much because they're already in a state of blissful satisfaction
I feel in the same state

And I'm for Kanon x Nina x Schneizel.
Now what can we say about them...

Old 2008-12-18, 12:11   Link #86
blottyparchment

Aw, I wanted to see what Kanon's initial design was. Eh, wait. Full Mutuality book? But weren't there pages of text only?

Would Kanon still be with Schneizel after that? I wonder. Geassed Schneizel must be devoid of his old personality. Will he be aware that he's doing something against his will? There are some geassed people who can be momentarily aware that they are doing things against their will, right? Like Suzaku and Euphie.
Old 2008-12-18, 12:17   Link #87
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Aw, I wanted to see what Kanon's initial design was. Eh, wait. Full Mutuality book? But weren't there pages of text only?

Would Kanon still be with Schneizel after that? I wonder. Geassed Schneizel must be devoid of his old personality. Will he be aware that he's doing something against his will? There are some geassed people who can be momentarily aware that they are doing things against their will, right? Like Suzaku and Euphie.
No sketch for Kanon unfortunately. Not even Xingke has one even though Xianglin has. unfortunately, what is floating around, is whatever is in the book . There are pages on novel as well as interview with Taniguchi

I will be thinking Schneizel is still a bright man. His order is to obey Zero, he would be normal at other times. Even if he is aware of he is doing something he shouldn't, he is unable to resist the order isn't it? Kanon would either stayed by his side (I kind of like this idea like the fanfic 'The Crystal Garden' in LJ) or he left him, travels like many other characters.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.

Last edited by Pink-chan; 2008-12-18 at 12:27.
Old 2008-12-18, 12:22   Link #88
Eliarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
There was something I wanted to add, because of what I read about "only Kalulu fans saw this" or things like that. So, when a Kalulu shipper translate things about Suzaku, Nunally, or whatever, things are perfectly fine, but when he/she gives something about his favourite pairing, people are wondering ?

Let's not forget that the most well known CG translators is a Kalulu shipper, and since the start fo the serie, she translated a bunch of material; So what, if tomorrow she is saying something favouring Kalulu from whatever stuff, this will be questionable ?
I think that's really unfair. A translation is a translation, and when just like there, the line appears in a lot of site, I don't see the point to wonder about it validity.
If you're talking about me, I would just like to point out that this is not what I meant at all. It's just that we have seen, in this very thread, that people can see and interpret things differently. For example, the latest side materials can be seen as Kalulu by fans of the pairing, but I know I'm not alone thinking it doesn't demand a rethinking of their relationship if you never saw it as romantic in the first place.

What I meant was that since the only interpretations of that part I've seen seem to be from KallenxLelouch fans, I'm still sceptical about the implications and interpretations that should come from it. Information about Suzaku or Nunally don't really have anything to do with romance and the pairing you favor; but such matters as the NT booklet are directly linked to anyone's interpretation of the scenes between the two. And AS is actually the only place I've seen really discussing this sentence. :/

That's all I meant, not trying to blame people or anything

As for KanonxSchneizel, there isn't anything to discuss, really, since it's canonically Kanon.

I'll get my coat.

PS: Levyyyy I love yooooooooou~~
Old 2008-12-18, 12:25   Link #89
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post

This is the exactly the trap that a lot of fans fall into. They think that a statement from the staff, makes only one OTP in Code Geass, so they try to deny it. Um, no.
We are not Kare Kano here, or some OTP shojo anime, CG's main concern was not about romance.
Throughout the series, all the pairings got something. Whenever Lelouch interacted with a girl and it was not about battle/strategy whatever, there were hints that lot of times were more than just casual talking. Granted, some pairing/pairing got a bit more, but this does not make the other ones "not valid" and out of the table completely.
It is just Lelouch had the right to develop feelings for more than just one girl possibly. {apart from the fact that he is clueless, some of his actions clearly showed this}
Old 2008-12-18, 12:28   Link #90
blottyparchment

@pink-chan

I was torn between that. What will geassed Schneizel be like? Either he'll be like the mindless cronies Lelouch geassed in Turn 20-21?? or he'll still be his normal self, except he can't go against 'Zero'. Traveling sounds fun. pink-chan, remember what we talked about Cornelia, Guilford, C.C., and Kanon all ending up in the same pub on their journeys?

Going back to romance, what would RoloxNunnally be like without Rolo's obssessive possessiveness with Lelouch as an oniisan?

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
And AS is actually the only place I've seen really discussing this sentence. :/
Okay, so we're back to talking about this. The line is short and really easy to miss. You've seen the scan, right? A bunch of us who saw the scans would have totally passed over it, if someone hadn't noticed it. There's also been a small mention of it on gamefaqs.

I am also of the impression that not all people have access to the scans, yes?

The thing is, it's one tiny line, one tiny bit of happiness that can grow to large amounts of big, bouncy happiness, just one more thing to add to the equation.

But enough of this, guys.
Old 2008-12-18, 12:33   Link #91
Lie

Quote:
Going back to romance, what would RoloxNunnally be like without Rolo's obssessive possessiveness with Lelouch as an oniisan?
Incest?
Wow, this thread exploded over a simple kiss.
2ch rurukare has reached a rather ironic blissful state.
I say ironic because at the end of R2 just about everyone in there was depressed.
Old 2008-12-18, 12:34   Link #92
Eliarine

Quote:
Twincest. I think it could be cute, Nunally would be all nice and cheerful and positive and Rolo would try not to appear too moved by her antics but would secretly love her naive ways.

As for Schneizel, I think he would probably remain sort-of normal except for the Zero worship. There's not much of a point keeping him as Zero's aide if he's anything like the zombies from the last arc. :/

EDIT: @ Blottyparchment: But that's exactly why some of us non-Kalulu shippers don't really see how it should make us change our views on the show. I don't mind fans of the pairing celebrating, feel free to do so by all means, I just wish disagreeing that it makes the pairing canon wasn't dismissed as denial.
Old 2008-12-18, 12:34   Link #93
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
I was torn between that. What will geassed Schneizel be like? Either he'll be like the mindless cronies Lelouch geassed in Turn 20-21?? or he'll still be his normal self, except he can't go against 'Zero'. Traveling sounds fun. pink-chan, remember what we talked about Cornelia, Guilford, C.C., and Kanon all ending up in the same pub on their journeys?

I hope it will be the latter. Schneizel will still be able to lead a normal life even though he has to follow Zero. I certainly hope Kanon will stand by him. There ought to be a reason why Lelouch left him alive (It never occurred to me until I read that beautifully written fanfic). I don't think Kanon was geassed isn't it?

Yeah, I recalled there, it isn't so surprising for them to bump into each other. the world is small.

Rolo X Nunnally sounds great! That would be my favourite pairing. I adore the Newtype image of them . I also like the setting of them bickering with each other in the Newtype Talking Rebellion novel. As they aren't blood-related, romance can still occur between them. Nunnally's kindness will melt Rolo's heart. Their Nii-san will be happy for them.

Old 2008-12-18, 12:43   Link #94
blottyparchment

I was thinking that, Rolo would be possessive of Nunnally instead. ^^
(Wow, this feels like deja vu. I recall this is how pink-chan and I got acquainted.)
There's an image that's supposed to go with that.
Spoiler for fanart:

That NT illustration is sweet indeed. And I shall repeat this again, I really wish this had a Rolo-Nunnally encounter in the anime.
Old 2008-12-18, 12:45   Link #95
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Well, I think Kanon is playing dress-up now.
The question is: Is he good at sewing, or does he secretly borrow Suzaku's Zero outfit at night? xD

Ah, anyway...
I, too, think that Schneizel isn't a "vegetable", as people put it. I mean, Suzaku only needs to say: "Don't be a mindless zombie!" and everyone is happy. More or less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
I don't think Kanon was geassed isn't it?
Nope, only sedated.
As far as we know, that is.

Hm... but I really can't see NunallyxRolo happen.
They are both too cute. xD
Old 2008-12-18, 12:49   Link #96
Eliarine

I'm suddenly imagining Rolo being all obsessed with Nunally and Lelouch trying to get him away from her.

How ironic xDD;
Old 2008-12-18, 12:57   Link #97
blottyparchment

Quote:
I'm suddenly imagining Rolo being all obsessed with Nunally and Lelouch trying to get him away from her.

How ironic xDD;
I already had a fic in mind months ago. Lelouch being paranoid about Nunnally's 'secret' meetings that she won't tell nii-sama about. And when Rolo meets Lelouch, he'll be calling him 'nii-sama' too. Get it?

Quote:
But that's exactly why some of us non-Kalulu shippers don't really see how it should make us change our views on the show. I don't mind fans of the pairing celebrating, feel free to do so by all means, I just wish disagreeing that it makes the pairing canon wasn't dismissed as denial.
Honestly, I don't think fans even have the luxury of celebrating loudly at times.
But hey, I'm not here to argue. Just here to pacify.
Old 2008-12-18, 13:06   Link #98
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:

EDIT: @ Blottyparchment: But that's exactly why some of us non-Kalulu shippers don't really see how it should make us change our views on the show. I don't mind fans of the pairing celebrating, feel free to do so by all means, I just wish disagreeing that it makes the pairing canon wasn't dismissed as denial.
But no one said to change your views on the show.
The point is though, that it has been hinted {not to say confirmed from the staff but ok} that S1 was more about Shirlulu {and CCxL} and R2 was more about Kalulu when it came to romance department.
The sad thing though is that a lot of people forget that S1 EVER existed and post crap but this is beside the point.
Old 2008-12-18, 13:15   Link #99
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
I was thinking that, Rolo would be possessive of Nunnally instead. ^^
(Wow, this feels like deja vu. I recall this is how pink-chan and I got acquainted.)
There's an image that's supposed to go with that.
Spoiler for fanart:

That NT illustration is sweet indeed. And I shall repeat this again, I really wish this had a Rolo-Nunnally encounter in the anime.
Rolo would be protecting her as her knight. That is a sweet image you have.

I will post one too. Either I took it from original site or I snagged it from the image thread.

Quote:
I already had a fic in mind months ago. Lelouch being paranoid about Nunnally's 'secret' meetings that she won't tell nii-sama about. And when Rolo meets Lelouch, he'll be calling him 'nii-sama' too. Get it?
Rolo, prove it to Lelouch that you can protect and give Nunnally happiness. That reminds me of the Lost Colors game where Lelouch just have to follow Rai and Nunnally around on their first date as a over-protective obsessive sis-con .

Old 2008-12-18, 13:34   Link #100
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Kannon was there when Schneizel was Geassed and knows what the command is. All Kannon has to do is dress up as Zero, get a voice changer, and wander into Schneizel's bedroom. Obviously Schneizel was not told to follow a specific Zero since he recognized both Lelouch and Suzaku in the costume as Zero. Problem solved. As you can tell by the frame at the end of R2 18 where Kannon is sewing a Cheese-kun so he must sew his own Zero costume. They were leaving us hints towards the future of their relationship in the eyecatch~

As for Geassed!Schneizel, seeing as how he pretty much just stands around and goes "^^" after being Geassed and only spoke when Lelouch asked him shit and he constantly had the rings in his eyes, I would say he's probably mindless~ If anything, it should be proof that Schneizel didn't give a fuck about anything until Lelouch made him care about something. As he is otherwise empty, his thoughts became all about serving Zero, and that's all he thinks about, hence why the Geass is always in effect.
Closed Thread