AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-01-29, 09:46   Link #9081
AzazelDxD

I heard bad rumors.. In this moment I'm doubtful..

I am not a fan of Rito and I always see Haruna a bored character, now the worst girl(sorry guys).. Could haruna ruin the harem and all the serie? I should continue or leave the serie?

A few chapters ago Yami confessed his love.. Seems something stupid ruin the harem now.. But Rito is not Issei..

Last edited by AzazelDxD; 2017-01-29 at 10:05.
AzazelDxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-29, 12:32   Link #9082
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzazelDxD View Post
I heard bad rumors.. In this moment I'm doubtful..

I am not a fan of Rito and I always see Haruna a bored character, now the worst girl(sorry guys).. Could haruna ruin the harem and all the serie? I should continue or leave the serie?

A few chapters ago Yami confessed his love.. Seems something stupid ruin the harem now.. But Rito is not Issei..
If you aren't a fan of Rito then you probably shouldn't be reading the story. However let me answer your questions.

Haruna and her worst girl status most people agree with that. (i'm not one of them but meh that happens)

However Haruna will actually help the harem because she's the first piece to get it going.

Issei ain't exactly the perfect MC either. If nothing else Rito is actually a better character Issei's just got the boosted gear and a better story around him

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-29, 16:05   Link #9083
AzazelDxD

I read the story during years(only DARKNESS)... I am fan of characters like Yami, Momo, Mea, Nemesis, for example.. I see this characters more interesting than the protagonist..

Gid is a god and cool in his adult form.. Rito is too normal..

If there is no harem(yes, this will not happen) I only regret that for the girls... I want the harem but, unlike Issei, I only see the girls, Rito happiness doesnīt matter for me..

Maybe you are right.. and yes, Issei story(demons, fallen angels, angels, khaos brigade) helps the character.. Rito character doesnīt seem interesting to me, I see haruna like one female rito(I know about Riko).. simple, bored.. Kyouko is similar but more interesting character..

SORRY for that TO LOVE RU fans.. I donīt want offend anyone.

Last edited by AzazelDxD; 2017-01-29 at 16:22.
AzazelDxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-29, 16:49   Link #9084
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzazelDxD View Post
I read the story during years(only DARKNESS)... I am fan of characters like Yami, Momo, Mea, Nemesis, for example.. I see this characters more interesting than the protagonist..

Gid is a god and cool in his adult form.. Rito is too normal..

If there is no harem(yes, this will not happen) I only regret that for the girls... I want the harem but, unlike Issei, I only see the girls, Rito happiness doesnīt matter for me..

Maybe you are right.. and yes, Issei story(demons, fallen angels, angels, khaos brigade) helps the character.. Rito character doesnīt seem interesting to me, I see haruna like one female rito(I know about Riko).. simple, bored.. Kyouko is similar but more interesting character..

SORRY for that TO LOVE RU fans.. I donīt want offend anyone.
To each his own but frankly if you don't like Rito don't bother reading at least as far as im concerned and considering you've only read Darkness you're missing a huge amount that while it may not change your opinion on Rito is still worth a read to understand how we got where we are

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2017-01-30, 03:12   Link #9085
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
To each his own but frankly if you don't like Rito don't bother reading at least as far as im concerned and considering you've only read Darkness you're missing a huge amount that while it may not change your opinion on Rito is still worth a read to understand how we got where we are
that away gonna be the problem of this serie, is a ""average serie" which could be better if not was the fault of the protagonist which is one of the most "hated harem prota-kuns already made in manga for a big majority of readers if rito not was that "sort of useless mc" maybe things could had much better.
Old 2017-01-30, 06:21   Link #9086
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I hope next one Rito can make it to really less than one second to drive himself to ecchi situation.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-30, 09:52   Link #9087
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
that away gonna be the problem of this serie, is a ""average serie" which could be better if not was the fault of the protagonist which is one of the most "hated harem prota-kuns already made in manga for a big majority of readers if rito not was that "sort of useless mc" maybe things could had much better.
Let me make a few statements on To Love Ru that get to the problem and crux of it.

1. As an Male Lead Character you can do worse. He's a good guy he's shows good strength and good heart. He needs far more strength but that's really it.
2. As a harem lead he is a shining piece of dog crap and the longer the story went Rito's flaws became more apparent.
3. Darkness both showed Rito's good traits but also emphasized it's bad traits.
4. The storyline for To Love Ru was solid but once it got to the point where Rito won Gids challenge and Lala erased everybody's memory. From that point on it was a serious of crack chapters with no plot and fanservice galore and we got it all the way to Darkness.
5. To Love Ru Darkness is holding itself on a shallow plot that they could've moved on any time but failed to do it. Chapter after chapter we waited for something to happen and all we got was Rito falling over girl after girl. Yami transformed into Darkness about 36 chapters ago and yet we've basically done nothing since then.

Rito is a character the leaves a lot to be desired but the story doesn't do him any favors.

Old 2017-01-30, 10:15   Link #9088
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Imperial: Ise at least proposed marriage to Rias and Akeno and we also know he has kids with all of the girls in the harem 30 years from now. Rito being a better harem protagonist than that? Please. I mean, sure, there are others better than Ise, like Kazuki from Magika, but Rito isn't one of them. Ise's biggest problem is just the cockblocking which Kazuki doesn't have.

@AzazelDxD: You really should read the original TLR as well if you really haven't read it. I'm with Imperial on the reason why, but I'll also add that with it being the beginning, you really don't know anything about the series or how we got to where we are if you haven't read it.
Old 2017-01-30, 10:18   Link #9089
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

@DragonOsman: Let's not forget Tigre from Madan that also want to preserve relationship with the Vanadises and the girls who fell for him XD

Anyone want to bet how long Rito will make the girls goes to ecchi situation? Last record is 1.02 seconds to Haruna and i hope it lessen by around .02 seconds the next time he does that
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-30, 11:28   Link #9090
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
@Imperial: Ise at least proposed marriage to Rias and Akeno and we also know he has kids with all of the girls in the harem 30 years from now. Rito being a better harem protagonist than that? Please. I mean, sure, there are others better than Ise, like Kazuki from Magika, but Rito isn't one of them. Ise's biggest problem is just the cockblocking which Kazuki doesn't have.

@AzazelDxD: You really should read the original TLR as well if you really haven't read it. I'm with Imperial on the reason why, but I'll also add that with it being the beginning, you really don't know anything about the series or how we got to where we are if you haven't read it.
honestly for me the "best male protagonists in harem are the guy from re-monster he never had any issue with girls and as son the girls asked he "did with then" and is not a "jerk ass" or super perv when come to deal with girls and aoi toori from log horizon which also even being a "joke" he is very manly and goes for what he want without act like whimp, i have more but then for sure are on my top of best male harem mc just because they not act like "prota-kuns in none moment they aways where straight and alpha from the beginner without being scums this already put then above the big majority of harem, because they have "personality" what the big majority like rito lack.

And @imperial i think the same to love ru was really good in beginner the plot was solid and all and honestely the serie could have ended here but like you told after it the serie just become a "full fap material and the author just turn on the "fu*** plot buttom" and just let's focus on strip girls and put then on shamefull situations.
Old 2017-01-30, 11:43   Link #9091
marconii2002

You can say godbay to season 5 http://otakomu.jp/archives/499562.html
marconii2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-30, 12:27   Link #9092
mark1246

Well finale arc could take 2 years since it monthlies. Look at bleach and that was weekly
Old 2017-01-30, 13:24   Link #9093
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

We're off tangent here but Re:monster is hardly a good example. The lead has less personality than Rito as all he does is eating monsters and having sex with whoever he holds captive, which is basically the entire story line in a nutshell. Being a good character in settings like this requires more than being an alpha male who has sex whenever the opportunity presents itself.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-30, 13:46   Link #9094
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:

Issei's proposed marriage took close to what 20 volumes and the fact is they had been throwing themselves at him beforehand in so many different ways. He also has Ddraig whose boosting power is borderline cheating. As for cockblocking it's only effective if you let it. The guy created a way to read boobs and to strip girls yet couldn't touch a boob unless the girl did it for him. Ddraig saved his bacon on so many occasions it's unfair.

Kazuki has a device that literally tells him what he's doing right and wrong so the girls situation is rather easy.

Plus if you read my words i said he's a shining peace of dog crap as a harem MC. Only as a regular Male MC is he satisfactory

Old 2017-01-30, 13:51   Link #9095
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Read Magika no Kenshi to Shoukan Maou and Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha. The MCs in those two are great harem MCs. Tigre (Madan no Ou to Vanadis) and Ise (High School DxD), in that order, are right behind and all of them are much better than Rito. And Ise and the others I just mentioned are good at heart, too. Ise's the kind that can do just about anything for his friends. He's also a breast-obsessed pervert, but hey, his girls don't mind that.

Honestly, those guys aren't the kind of harem MCs that don't have good personality or presence. Those like Rito who are the so-called "harem prota-kuns" have nothing on them. And like I said, Ise's biggest problem is really just the cockblocking which has gotten really annoying. But you know how Rito has almost no male friends? Ise has plenty. There's even a running gag that he has a male harem, even though he really hates that. And Saji also has the potential to be able to make a harem of his own, though Ise's harem is getting more development (the female one, of course).

Edit: One post late.
@Imperial: You're right on how long it took for Ise to propose, but on the other points you made against him, do note that Raynare's curse has been a huge factor in stopping him most of the time and even before he proposed to Rias, they had already been dating for a while.

As for Ddraig and other powers, is that really a problem? It's part of him being the Sekiryuutei. And I thought we were talking about just good or bad harem protagonists. Factoring in the Boosted Gear when Rito has no battle ability is unfair.

And as for Kazuki. At least he isn't a wuss. He's manly enough and is a much better harem MC than Rito.
Old 2017-01-30, 13:55   Link #9096
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Read Magika no Kenshi to Shoukan Maou and Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha. The MCs in those two are great harem MCs. Tigre (Madan no Ou to Vanadis) and Ise (High School DxD), in that order, are right behind and all of them are much better than Rito. And Ise and the others I just mentioned are good at heart, too. Ise's the kind that can do just about anything for his friends. He's also a breast-obsessed pervert, but hey, his girls don't mind that.

Honestly, those guys aren't the kind of harem MCs that don't have good personality or presence. Those like Rito who are the so-called "harem prota-kuns" have nothing on them. And like I said, Ise's biggest problem is really just the cockblocking which has gotten really annoying. But you know how Rito has almost no male friends? Ise has plenty. There's even a running gag that he has a male harem, even though he really hates that. And Saji also has the potential to be able to make a harem of his own, though Ise's harem is getting more development (the female one, of course).
I like Magika and Shinmai maou but those are terrible examples also because the guys get big time cheat codes in Lem and the contracts respectably as far as the women go
Tigre is a good guy but let's be real the Vanadis are naive when it comes to men and Tigre only doesn't treat them like their goddesses and that's different.
DxD is one of my favorite anime and anybody whose been on the forums for a long time knows that. But Issei left a lot to be desired and while it's understandable why he held back it certainly wasn't pretty to watch most days.

Old 2017-01-30, 14:01   Link #9097
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Imperial: You're right on how long it took for Ise to propose, but on the other points you made against him, do note that Raynare's curse has been a huge factor in stopping him most of the time and even before he proposed to Rias, they had already been dating for a while.

As for Ddraig and other powers, is that really a problem? It's part of him being the Sekiryuutei. And I thought we were talking about just good or bad harem protagonists. Factoring in the Boosted Gear when Rito has no battle ability is unfair (I was called off last time I brought it up, too, remember?).

And as for Kazuki. At least he isn't a wuss. He's manly enough and is a much better harem MC than Rito. Don't count Leme here.

About Tigre, he does have good personality that let him get the girls. He's like a fairy tale hero. Some girls apparently really dig that.

For Basara: Again, not a wussy and let's count the contracts. Him not being a wussy is why I mentioned him and Kazuki. Compare them to Rito. Basara and Kazuki are a lot better.
Old 2017-01-30, 14:04   Link #9098
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:

As for Ddraig and other powers, is that really a problem? It's part of him being the Sekiryuutei. And I thought we were talking about just good or bad harem protagonists. Factoring in the Boosted Gear when Rito has no battle ability is unfair.

And as for Kazuki. At least he isn't a wuss. He's manly enough and is a much better harem MC than Rito.

About Tigre, he does have good personality that let him get the girls. He's like a fairy tale hero. Some girls apparently really dig that.

For Basara and Kazuki: They're at least manly and not wussies, no? That's the main reason I mentioned them here. Compare them to Rito. Basara and Kazuki are a lot better.

I get the Raynare curse factor but it shouldn't have been THAT Long. I mean damn Rias Asia and Xenovia were throwing themselves at him.

Old 2017-01-30, 14:11   Link #9099
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
We're off tangent here but Re:monster is hardly a good example. The lead has less personality than Rito as all he does is eating monsters and having sex with whoever he holds captive, which is basically the entire story line in a nutshell. Being a good character in settings like this requires more than being an alpha male who has sex whenever the opportunity presents itself.
maybe we are reading different things which i don't see he doing it, havinx sex with "captive" females (he only do that sometimes with the "troublesome ones just to make then more nice) but overal all the girls in his village are the ones asking for sex and not he "forcing then" he even banned "rape" from the others monsters, he don't allow any person be sexual molested, he have much better personality because he is more "pro active" than rito, and he don't have stupid "godly perv skills" the gap is really huge between then, maybe you can like more rito and to love ru but say which the guy in re-monster is worst than rito is terrible misslead.

being at last "alpha" good guy is better than the nice peniless guy like rito a lot.

and i agree with shimai mao mc is another good exemple of good mc which is not a peniless neither a perv and actually response to the girls without fall in none of the "prota-kun" archetype when comes to girls.

my problem with isei in DXD is like others pointed, it take a "lot of time" to him get better, all the curse and traumar looked too forced and cliche to keep the "cockblock running" which is one of the things which annoying me in the harem series the forced cockblock for the sake of "keep the stupidit and cliche running which is one of the things which lead to to love ru serie become so bad as it is today with 0 plot and just "fap material".
Old 2017-01-30, 14:12   Link #9100
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Imperial: And the moment the curse came off, he was ready to confess to Rias. He already said right there and then that he'd confess to her, which he did (in public, after they the won the match against Sairaorg). There's not much problem with Rias, at least after the curse came off. And she's the woman he loves the most. He even said to Azazel before that, to him, she's the greatest woman in the world. And he already promised to Asia that they'd always be together.

Edit: One post late.

Tags
ecchi, fake harem, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen