Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-09, 22:21   Link #1
ByakuyaKuchiki

Need some more romance with...

Just a few things:

-A happy ending. IE the main couple ends up together at the end. Does not mean there can't be alot of trouble along the way, but they need to end up together. This also means there needs to be satisfactory closure. IE a couple resolving their problems but still being apart at the end/etc is not what I am looking for.

-Serious. I don't care if there is some comedy, would actually prefer it. But I do not consider something like Inukami/Rizelmine/to-love-ru a "serious" romance, and will strangle you with a sock if you recommend something of the sort . In contrast, things like Lovely Complex/Peach Girl/you get the picture, are things I am looking for. Maybe not in story or character types, but in the overall sense.

Open to both anime and manga, try to run your recommendations past my list:

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/wiLdChild06

to save us both some time(make sure I haven't seen it!)
Old 2009-04-09, 23:41   Link #2
Autumn Demon
~

akane-iro ni somaru saka
Old 2009-04-10, 19:11   Link #3
Justin Kim
*Artist

Noticed you didn't have Kanokon, it will definently give you that fanservice you need. The artwork seems to be similar to that of "To Love-Ru."
Old 2009-04-10, 20:59   Link #4
Rawgers
Nyaa~

Honey and Clover (First and Second Season)- The first season is mostly light hearted comedy, with some relationship problems. The second season is a bit more serious focusing on the "main couple".

P.S. Waiting for you to strangle the above person since he recommended "Kanokon"
Old 2009-04-10, 21:13   Link #5
Saleh
Inactive

Wow, Myself yourself scored 10 and Sola 6. You should check out True tears, Allison and Lillia, Toshokan Sensou, Macross Frontier, Yotsunoha, Special A, Mai Hime, Midori no Hibi, Seirei no Moribito, Simoun, Pretear, Suzuka.

Last edited by Saleh; 2009-04-10 at 22:09.
Old 2009-04-10, 21:44   Link #6
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien aka Rumbling Hearts
Old 2009-04-10, 23:02   Link #7
Justin Kim
*Artist

My profile has a bunch of romance/ecchi/action animes>_>, just take a pick at my profile. I am sure it will help.
Old 2009-04-10, 23:29   Link #8
Anime Daisuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawgers View Post
Honey and Clover (First and Second Season)- The first season is mostly light hearted comedy, with some relationship problems. The second season is a bit more serious focusing on the "main couple".

P.S. Waiting for you to strangle the above person since he recommended "Kanokon"

Spoiler for Honey and Clover:
Old 2009-04-11, 02:05   Link #9
acr429

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawgers View Post

L2Read

there is no happy ending in H&C in either season(I recommend you watch it, but it does not have a the main couple end up together)

H&C is more a slice of life then it is a romance anime(it is great though) romance plays a great part in the story but is not the usual the guy gets the girl type of stuff, it involves dreams and what you really what out of life. It is a great series I recommend you watch it but is not what you describe.

I havent looked at your list and wont really look, but I see someone recommend it Suzuka, it really fits what you look for and this is the series that got me reading manga(after your done with the anime you just want to find out what happens)so I recomend it.

eureka 7 has a great deal of romance in it and the ending is great, I guess if you dont have a thing for action you wont really like it, but it is still great
Old 2009-04-11, 03:27   Link #10
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Daisuki View Post
Spoiler for Honey and Clover:
The anime is still considered a romance, and has alot of fanservice. Enough Ecchi for 13 episodes and the main protagonist is constantly indecisive. It's somewhere around the genre of to Love-Ru, and the developing group for Kanokon is the same.
Old 2009-04-11, 04:17   Link #11
Grif

You have seen ef- a tale of memories. But i dont see its sequel, so i would start with that. "Ef- a tale of melodies"

Also for serious romance, like i have in many threads ill point you towards "5cm per second" and "the place promised in our early days".
Old 2009-04-11, 07:05   Link #12
Wavie
Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Wavie Send a message via MSN to Wavie
cross game is best anime of the month out of the 10 that came out. its one of those animes that draws you into the characters, i sometimes find myself skipping through an anime episode cause its boring or because part of it is pointless - this is one of those that you enjoy and finished before ya know it

nice romance in that and they grow older whiles the anime goes on to (im watching saki to , i agree with your eight, i think it will get better tho - i hope)

if i had to say the best romance anime i have ever seen: skip beat!
it starts off with quite a bit of comedy tho and gets more serious as it goes on.

so i recommend watching skip beat and giving ep one of cross game a try. those are best two i reckon. (im only able to judge cross game on its first episode since only ep 1 is out tho... but i can sorta guess where its headed)
My Anime List

Last edited by Wavie; 2009-04-11 at 07:15.
Old 2009-04-11, 12:35   Link #13
cerrian

If you don't mind going into the past a bit then I'd recommend Maison Ikkoku. Watching the main character grow from an incompetent loser who can barely shave to a respectable man with humble fortunes was one of the great payoffs of the series. It was hugely satisfying to watch how the main characters' relationships were resolved at the conclusion of the story.

If you're for some sci-fi space drama, then there's Crest/Banner of the Stars which presents us with one of the greatest anime couple ever. Over a course of 3 seasons + 1 OAV, it was a real treat to watch their relationship develop.
Old 2009-04-11, 20:41   Link #14
gsquared

True Tears would be a great choice. You won't be disappointed (probably). 13 wonderful episodes of romance, friendship, and learning to cope with problems. However, don't be surprised to find out your rooting for the "other" girl in the end!
Old 2009-04-12, 15:56   Link #15
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

I see you've seen Da Capo but not Da Capo II and I would suggest that, although I don't remember if had the same closure as Da Capo, but it's still there.

Definitely going to have to second Kimi ga though for sure. It fits both the Serious and Happy ending thing. Although it's more of a darker path to the ending...

We will always exist before our Mistress of the Night Sky, Hayate
Old 2009-04-12, 16:08   Link #16
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
You have seen ef- a tale of memories. But i dont see its sequel, so i would start with that. "Ef- a tale of melodies"
"a tale of memories" is ok, but i don't think "melodies" has a very happy ending. I can't say it all ends bad either but it's far from being the best possible scenario... and i mean... a lot far...

Old 2009-04-12, 20:04   Link #17
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynor View Post
I see you've seen Da Capo but not Da Capo II and I would suggest that, although I don't remember if had the same closure as Da Capo, but it's still there.

Definitely going to have to second Kimi ga though for sure. It fits both the Serious and Happy ending thing. Although it's more of a darker path to the ending...
Oh in addition to this statement, 2 OVAS were released about 2-3 weeks ago by the title of "Da Capo If." It follows a different arc, regarding a popular character that was well-received by fans.
Old 2009-04-12, 21:54   Link #18
Fweakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grif View Post

Also for serious romance, like i have in many threads ill point you towards "5cm per second" and "the place promised in our early days".
5cms per seconds is not as per the OP's guidelines in that:
Spoiler for 5cm per second:

I'd make the suggestions of Simoun and NANA. Both have quite a large cast, and the advantage is you can find a lot of satisfaction in at least 1 couple. Kannazuki no Miko as well, as I see that you have Kyoshirou on your hold list, and Kannazuki will help the emotional impact of that very dodgy series. Just make sure you watch KnM through to the very end **cough**pastthecredits**cough**

Last edited by Fweakin; 2009-04-12 at 22:07.
Old 2009-04-12, 22:37   Link #19
Woodchips
つかれた!

Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka might fit what you're after. Although it's less serious and more light-hearted. Just throwing it out there anyway.

ChäoS;HEAd also fits the serious category while remaining the romance aspect. Though the romance part is a little less emphasised in this anime. Darker themed, too.

H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ if you liked ::Shudders:: Myself;Yourself then you'll probably enjoy this one. Can't say I liked it, but it fits your request.

Kannazuki no Miko absolutely seconded. One of the best tragic romance stories I have seen. ::Cough::Absolutelypastthecredits::Cough::

Mai-HiME would probably also work. You're going to find at least one couple there you like. ::Coughs:: It also fits the criteria. ::Coughs:: Hmm, bug in my throat.

True Tears is an absolute must. I loved this series. It smells faintly of Kimi ga Nozomu Eien but... better. A mix between ef ~ A tale of memories and it, actually.

While I found it a little... odd. Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito also works. Or does it? I can't remember, so someone please correct me if I am wrong about that one.
Old 2009-04-13, 05:53   Link #20
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodchips View Post
H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ if you liked ::Shudders:: Myself;Yourself then you'll probably enjoy this one. Can't say I liked it, but it fits your request.
Come on it wasn't that bad but yes it could have been better, I still liked it.

Like above, if you liked H20 ~Footprints in the Sand~ give "Lamune" a go, it rarely shifts from the main couple.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Closed Thread