AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-28, 07:50   Link #261
wao
OK.

Ahhh, I can't believe Heloise de Villefort's seiyuu is the same as Keroro's from Keroro Gunsou... I toootally cannot put the two together,

Thinking about that last scene in ep 7 especially... oh god, I need to stop thinking about it NOW.

EDIT: And I just remembered Jouji Nakata voices Giroro.... Aiiii.
Old 2004-11-28, 12:32   Link #262
Rikichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ombrenuit
Hey , what are you talking about? Full Metal Alchemist and Madlax arn't on your list!
Madlax is very good,
FMA I didn't like, bad conversion, the manga is much better (This anime is of 2003).

My favorite in 2004:

Gankutsuou
Kurau
Monster
Sunabozu (I saw ties episode 8)
Elfen lied
Mai Hime
Koi Kaze
Samurai Champloo
GANTZ
Madlax

Deception:

Beck
Otogizoushi
Baku-ten
Kenran

Last edited by Rikichi; 2004-11-30 at 07:45.
Old 2004-11-30, 22:27   Link #263
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph
That scene with Madame de Villefort isn't entirely gratituous, I think.

Spoiler for minor spoiler for novel:
Ummmm.......hello?......

Spoiler:

And here's a question for people who have read the book- judging from where the anime is now, are we in for 13 or 24/26?
Old 2004-12-01, 01:34   Link #264
DrewGSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit
And here's a question for people who have read the book- judging from where the anime is now, are we in for 13 or 24/26?
The show is going to be 24 episodes which is decent according to ANIDB.net. Seeing that they could even make it longer if they wanted to if they started from the beginning or go really into detail but i doubt they will though. Since not many series are 24/26+ lately. Forgot the exact number of pages the book was but it was HUGE, yet it was really good so i went by it pretyt quick.
Old 2004-12-01, 13:19   Link #265
Pandora
Poisoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Thinking about that last scene in ep 7 especially... oh god, I need to stop thinking about it NOW.
I was in a bit of a shock over that scene, to say the least... I think Gankutsuou aired after midnight in Japan, right?
Old 2004-12-01, 17:17   Link #266
LinChoiSin

[QUOTE=wsheit]Ummmm.......hello?......

Spoiler:

QUOTE]
Spoiler:
Old 2004-12-01, 23:34   Link #267
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Hmm.... I'm not sure
Spoiler:
Old 2004-12-03, 05:49   Link #268
Yxy
chaunen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Ahhh, I can't believe Heloise de Villefort's seiyuu is the same as Keroro's from Keroro Gunsou... I toootally cannot put the two together,
You gotta be joking....
<goes to checks>
nope, you're not....
now waiting for Mme de Villefort to "de arimasu"...
arghhhhhhhhhhh

question for those who read the novel:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-12-03, 08:59   Link #269
himurokoken

Send a message via AIM to himurokoken
The way they're doing Gankutsuou is amazing. I haven't been let down by this show at all yet.

My favorites of 2004 in no corresponding order:

Beck
Monster
Gundam Seed Destiny
Gankutsuo
Genshinken
Elfen Lied
Otogizoushi
Samurai Champloo
MoO

There's probably more that I forgot
Old 2004-12-04, 01:39   Link #270
Ningyo

I think I've found a keeper with this show. I can't get over the art style. Even if I didn't like the story I think I'd watch this just for the "ooh, pretty" factor. I've also memorized the OP and ED lyrics. ^^;

I saw the American movie version a while ago, but the anime actually got me to read the novel after four episodes and I decided not to watch any more until I'd finished the novel. Went by real quick for a 1000+ page book, and now I'm caught up to episode 7. ^^

Cool how they managed to make Haydee stand out in an already exotic place (I've been wondering, how do you pronounce her name? I like the way it looks written, but don't know how to say it). I like the adaptation of Ali being a "doll." Fits with the futuristic setting.

I can't wait to see the Count's plans come into fruition. Personally, I like seeing what kinds of changes were made to the anime storyline and comparing.

Spoiler for the novel:
Old 2004-12-04, 03:47   Link #271
himurokoken

I'm currently reading the book.
Old 2004-12-04, 22:29   Link #272
Varisha
zero no dai fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningyo
Cool how they managed to make Haydee stand out in an already exotic place (I've been wondering, how do you pronounce her name? I like the way it looks written, but don't know how to say it).
It's french, so the H is silent and I the penultimate e is accented, so it's pronounced like 'ay DAY'. I think
Old 2004-12-04, 22:47   Link #273
SirBob
Mmmm, Eat Brains =þ~~~

just watched #8
left with another cliffhanger of sorts

again, very enjoyable, very muchly anticipating the next episode
Old 2004-12-05, 07:22   Link #274
BonBon
Rabu-rabu-zura?

I think they're keeping admirably to the story and spirit of the books, while of course having the unique twists of plot and character. Plus I love the character designs here - a little over-the-top, but in a way suited to the overall aesthetic. I also like Maximilliam a lot more here than I did in the book.

As for the masturbation scene - it can be a combination of factors: the count, the situation, the possibilities he's created. All that contained quite elegantly in something so inelegant. Very well-done.

Episode 8 was the best in a little while, I thought. Just to remind us how naive and pure young Albert is, and how easily the Count manipulates him.

24 seems to be enough episodes to tell the story well, and so far the pace has been unhurried.

Since everyone seems to be listing their current anime, here's what I'm watching:

Gankutsuou, Monster, Fantastic Children, Gakuen Alice, Mahou Shoujo Tai Arusu, Beck, Bleach, Mai-HiMe, Rozen Maiden, Harukanaru Toki no Naka De Hachiyoushou, Maria-sama Ga Miteru ~Haru, and as ever, Naruto and One Piece.

Cor, that's more than I thought. AND I'm about to start Tsukuyomi Moon Phase and that Otogisushi one...
Old 2004-12-05, 10:12   Link #275
himurokoken

What masturbation scene? Is this in 8?

I forgot to put One Piece in my list, but that's because it's not new
Old 2004-12-05, 15:11   Link #276
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

err yeah, when was that scene ??

anyway, i think the count plans to "crush" everyone, physically or mentally....
wonder who will be the next....
Old 2004-12-05, 15:53   Link #277
IMSabbel

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitokirigirl
err yeah, when was that scene ??

anyway, i think the count plans to "crush" everyone, physically or mentally....
wonder who will be the next....
End of episode 7. The poison-lady moaning on the couch with her hand between her legs...
Old 2004-12-05, 16:44   Link #278
himurokoken

I thought she was poisoned or something.

Looking at that scene again, yeah, she was definitely stroking the kitty.
Old 2004-12-06, 03:46   Link #279
Ningyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varisha
It's french, so the H is silent and I the penultimate e is accented, so it's pronounced like 'ay DAY'. I think
Ah, thanks...

I really like a lot of the women's names...Haydee, Eugenie, Valentine, Heloise...

Moving on...

Valentine's in love with Franz? That makes things kind of...I don't think "juicy" is the word I'm looking for here...anyone care to help?

I wonder if Eugenie feels anything for Albert or...not.
Spoiler:

Also, I was just thinking...the way things are going, there's probably going to be a flashback to the Count's past at some point. With the book you have "begin at the beginning" but the anime's "begin in the middle, recount the beginning later" gives us a new way to experience the story. I never thought about it before, but I guess I like that way of telling a story. You know how series will have a starting point that gets the story going, then later the "real beginning" of things that actually started everything comes as a revelation. I think a lot of anime/manga series do this. Maybe it's the way the format pulls you into the story? Like with Gankutsuou- they picked a great place to begin. I would say they decided to tell the story from Albert's POV then picked the obvious starting point, but it's possible they chose the starting point first- a good introduction to the central character, the Count of Monte Cristo- and from there decided that Albert would be the natural protagonist according to that decision. Just thinking that the reasons behind storytelling decisions can be pretty interesting.
Old 2004-12-06, 04:18   Link #280
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ningyo
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by glyph; 2004-12-06 at 04:42.
Closed Thread