AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

View Poll Results: Should the British Remain or Leave the EU.
Remain 24 55.81%
Leave 19 44.19%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-12-13, 18:18   Link #901
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

At this point, I wouldn't even be surprised if May decides to rescind UK's withdrawal and retrigger Article 50 so we can continue to make a mockery of everything for two more years. In case some people are somehow not unhappy enough.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-14, 00:33   Link #902
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

At least as far as I can understand it as an outsider, the main problem is that the UK wants a brexit agreement that gives the most of the trade benefits of being a member in the EU, while not having any of the responsibilities that comes with it. And that the EU is making the extraordinary move of negotiating in their own interests and not capitulating wholesale during negotiations?

Honestly this sounds like the Brits are trying to haggle with a vending machine when they have neither coin or crowbar.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-14, 14:30   Link #903
James Rye

And May walks home empty-handed as expected. Rumors said that during the hearing she said "Brexit means Brexit" as an answer to the other 27 EU-heads. XD
I wonder how long Labour waits till they trigger a no confidence in the parliament.
Old 2018-12-14, 15:05   Link #904
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
And May walks home empty-handed as expected. Rumors said that during the hearing she said "Brexit means Brexit" as an answer to the other 27 EU-heads. XD
I wonder how long Labour waits till they trigger a no confidence in the parliament.
Labour is useless. Corbyn is a left-wing radical and closet Brexiteer.
Old 2018-12-14, 15:21   Link #905
RichardFromMarple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin View Post
Labour is useless. Corbyn is a left-wing radical and closet Brexiteer.
Thats one of the great ironies of the situation, if Labour had a more mainstream leader they would probably be flying high in the polls.
RichardFromMarple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-14, 18:42   Link #906
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardFromMarple View Post
Thats one of the great ironies of the situation, if Labour had a more mainstream leader they would probably be flying high in the polls.
This! It's impressive how screwed up British politics are at the moment. Corbyn is an absolute disgrace. He's inability to capitalize on the Tories situation due to the fact that he himself is for brexit unlike most of the typical Labour base is what's effectively dooming the situation even further.
Old 2018-12-14, 19:01   Link #907
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
This! It's impressive how screwed up British politics are at the moment. Corbyn is an absolute disgrace. He's inability to capitalize on the Tories situation due to the fact that he himself is for brexit unlike most of the typical Labour base is what's effectively dooming the situation even further.
I usually don't give much weight to the verbal attacks different parties throw against each other. But in the case of Corbyn I don't think that May is that much off in her attacks against him. I do get the impression that Corbyn actually desires a disorderly Brexit that will sweep the Conservatives from the government. Then he would have the Brexit he wants, only that the Conservatives will bear the full brunt of the public anger and blame. On the other hand, that makes the Rees-Moggs of the Conservative party even more foolish. The harder the Brexit, the more likely it will make a Corbyn government.
Old 2018-12-17, 14:16   Link #908
James Rye

You know, May saying that if her deal gets voted down she will do a no deal then afterwards... doesn't that give the Hard Brexiteers a perfect reason to vote down her bad deal to get the no deal they dream off? In other words she is just trying to scare enough Labour MPs for voting for her deal in fear of an accidentally Hard Brexit. That's pretty stupid of her.
Old 2018-12-18, 22:25   Link #909
monir
cho~ kakkoii

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

And stop sending her feces you ghastly people.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-19, 05:50   Link #910
James Rye

^I can't watch the video? Why is Germany excluded from the uploader's list? That's racist! :P
Old 2019-01-15, 10:07   Link #911
James Rye

Today's the vote. Seems 98,3% of all betters bet against May winning. Guess the only question is how high her lose will be.
Old 2019-01-15, 12:34   Link #912
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I'm seeing numbers from 100 to 200 in terms of how high the expected margin of loss will be

Going to be a night to remember for sure.
Old 2019-01-15, 14:38   Link #913
James Rye

Funny thing is that May might not even lose her seat because, well, who else are the Tories supposed to reunite in greater numbers than her for the remaining few weeks before brexit date?
Old 2019-01-15, 14:43   Link #914
James Rye

Theresa May’s plan has been rejected by votes to 432 votes to 202 - a majority of 230. Holy shit! That is the biggest defeat a UK Premier EVER had! Holy crap that is even more than the newspapers predicted! The highest of theirs was 216!
Old 2019-01-15, 14:45   Link #915
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Um

Holy Shit

Like, holy shit
Old 2019-01-15, 14:49   Link #916
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Funny thing is that May might not even lose her seat because, well, who else are the Tories supposed to reunite in greater numbers than her for the remaining few weeks before brexit date?
She's not losing her leadership position because she won the leadership challenge near the end of last year.

The UK government is in this weird position where the government will not change leadership, but will vote against everything the leadership brings forth

Maximum fuckery

There is no time for a general election either. The UK is going to crash out at this rate in 2 months.

Jesus. This was a dumb idea 2 years ago, and it continues to be a dumb idea today.
Old 2019-01-15, 14:52   Link #917
James Rye

I have no idea how the UK thinks it can renegotiate the deal into something better in less than 2 months. And the Eu cannot have an interest into delaying the exit because of the EU elections plus delays means UK has to pay MORE money which they don't want to do. They don't even want to pay the 39bn Pounds they are supposed to pay for the past years and the projects they agreed to pay for.
Old 2019-01-15, 14:56   Link #918
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

There will be no renegotiation, because even if the EU for whatever reason extends the exit date, nothing will change. The last 2 years had shown clearly the UK has no idea what it wants out of this farce, and no more time given will change that.

We will be getting No Deal or No Brexit at this rate, and given the level of stupidity at display, No Deal seems to be the more probable option.

Brexit is a stupid idea.
Old 2019-01-15, 15:07   Link #919
James Rye

The UK should just do a hard clean Brexit and EU should accept it for it does starting to look better than... this mess. They don't even know what they want! How are you supposed to do a deal with such a nation?
Old 2019-01-15, 15:21   Link #920
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

No Brexit worries me a lot more than No Deal. And the worst thing is, it is totally on the table, legally speaking.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
politics