AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-09-30, 07:03   Link #2121
Breimoon

cause household have "different powers"(as in the main power is the same but the effect is a little different) from the metal vessel and this way he could go with two swords or something like that.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 07:28   Link #2122
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
cause household have "different powers"(as in the main power is the same but the effect is a little different) from the metal vessel and this way he could go with two swords or something like that.
Still would be pointless even if their households come with a different power. He has DE which is by fair better. But the idea of him using two swords would look cool. I can only guess if he is to get another djinn it could well go into his other sword. But I don't think he would be able to use both of them at the same time.

Edit: Pllleaseeee let his gorilla friend become a household that also trained with him and Toto. Would be pure awesome.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 09:03   Link #2123
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Cookies for the mangaka
I totally didn't expect that

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 09:08   Link #2124
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

On another note, I wonder if Sinbad ever went evil/antagonistic toward Aladdin and the rest if Masrur, Yamu and Sharkkan would actually fight with the kids with actual intent to kill. Beyond the typical shounen "I'll fight seriously so he/she can beat me and be stronger."...I mean with actual "I'm going to kill you and there's nothing you can do about it" intent.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 09:17   Link #2125
Raviel

I guess if Sinbad ever went antagonistic his household would be more "this is the path we chose, we're sorry" instead, especially Sharkkan, Yamu, and Masrur.

Although I'm thinking that whatever Sinbad has planned, the ones who will stick with him will be Draco and Jafar, the rest could have their loyalty shaken when they find out his plans

P.S. Lol at the alibaba's girlfriend tag
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 09:20   Link #2126
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

at some point, I also saw Sinbad as a Dark Hero of some sort in the future. He has Black rukh inside of him after all.
but I could also see him fighting Kouen.

Lastly, wouldn't it also be a giant twist if he somehow became the 2nd "Medium"

speculations, speculations.

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 09:41   Link #2127
ellifeedn
Thinker

I wish people wouldn't put spoilers in the tags. It's annoying.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 09:49   Link #2128
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
As far as shipping goes, Masrur is reported to like large breasted women and the biggest set of tits on Sindria belong to Yam. Although it's hard to imagine either of those two expressing particular interest in someone of the opposite sex.

I think the saddest part of the chapter is when Masrur finally see's Morgiana again and she's off to the side alone carrying the luggage. Nothing has changed for her at all. An entire year and she hasn't changed one bit.
I always figured there was implied tension between Yam and Sharr actually or at least on Sharr's end.

That actually is sort of true. She did gain new control over her abilities so that it doesn't kill her, but compared to Alibaba and Aladdin she hasn't really grown nearly as much. One of the other things that was odd about Sinbad's comment was that Mor didn't really look any different from the last time we saw her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Still would be pointless even if their households come with a different power. He has DE which is by fair better. But the idea of him using two swords would look cool. I can only guess if he is to get another djinn it could well go into his other sword. But I don't think he would be able to use both of them at the same time.

Edit: Pllleaseeee let his gorilla friend become a household that also trained with him and Toto. Would be pure awesome.
That's actually something worth exploring since I seem to recall them saying that Cassim had a lot more magoi, which means that with the fusing Ali might have access to enough to perhaps obtain a second Djinn now. I believe they've established you can only be using one at a time though our only examples are Sinbad and Kouen.

Oh, I hope so as well. I don't think I saw him in this chapter at all, but I should see if maybe I missed him. For some reason I could see Aladdin getting along with him as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
On another note, I wonder if Sinbad ever went evil/antagonistic toward Aladdin and the rest if Masrur, Yamu and Sharkkan would actually fight with the kids with actual intent to kill. Beyond the typical shounen "I'll fight seriously so he/she can beat me and be stronger."...I mean with actual "I'm going to kill you and there's nothing you can do about it" intent.
If he proved an actual threat to the world then they might feel they have to, though it stands to reason that Aladdin would also work to purify him of his taint. Actually, that could possibly end up being a big test of turning black rukh back to white potentially. Though that might have only been with those that had already died still depraved.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 10:37   Link #2129
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I always figured there was implied tension between Yam and Sharr actually or at least on Sharr's end.
It's hard to tell. They would have come to Sindria at roughly the same time and at that time, Yam would have been 16 and Sharr would have been 13. The feeling I've had between those two is a sister/brother one.

Quote:
That actually is sort of true. She did gain new control over her abilities so that it doesn't kill her, but compared to Alibaba and Aladdin she hasn't really grown nearly as much. One of the other things that was odd about Sinbad's comment was that Mor didn't really look any different from the last time we saw her.
She does seem a bit different, but while Alibaba and Aladdin meet all kinds of new and interesting and made names for themselves gaining the recognition of their peers, Mor was alone with a forgetful old man in a dark hole in the ground. She could have had some awesome adventures, but instead she seems to have had a rather uneventful time.

If I didn't think the manga were going to end in a few months, I would say that Mu making an offer to Morgiana to join the Fanalis Corps in order to be with her people could lead to something interesting. Present the alternative to being Alibaba's "slave" to being with her "family". And maybe the prospect of losing her would compel Alibaba to see her in a different light.

Plus I think she'd just look darn cute in a Fanalis Corps outfit. The metal kilt and all.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 11:03   Link #2130
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I wish people wouldn't put spoilers in the tags. It's annoying.
Lol at the tag... yep agree I think it isn't an appropriate tag...

what's with the Alibaba's gf tag? It's not like the whole thread is made for that.
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2013-09-30, 11:03   Link #2131
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
It's hard to tell. They would have come to Sindria at roughly the same time and at that time, Yam would have been 16 and Sharr would have been 13. The feeling I've had between those two is a sister/brother one.

She does seem a bit different, but while Alibaba and Aladdin meet all kinds of new and interesting and made names for themselves gaining the recognition of their peers, Mor was alone with a forgetful old man in a dark hole in the ground. She could have had some awesome adventures, but instead she seems to have had a rather uneventful time.

If I didn't think the manga were going to end in a few months, I would say that Mu making an offer to Morgiana to join the Fanalis Corps in order to be with her people could lead to something interesting. Present the alternative to being Alibaba's "slave" to being with her "family". And maybe the prospect of losing her would compel Alibaba to see her in a different light.

Plus I think she'd just look darn cute in a Fanalis Corps outfit. The metal kilt and all.
Oh wasn't aware of that part of things. Though I read somewhere about some time Sharr overheard that Yam had a preference for older men with beards from Pisti and took to trying to grow a beard himself. Though I don't know when this happened. It may have been in some extras I haven't read or perhaps in the Sinbad Spinoff which I have yet to read.

In some ways I suppose she had the easiest time of things really, though I suppose that doesn't make for much in the way of growth aside from the tips Yunan gave her.

I'm not so sure it's going to end all that soon. We do seem to be in a position where things could be wrapped up in a relatively timely manner, but I think there could be at least a year left to deal with all the subplots and such. That definitely seems like something that could happen though and with these events she might feel the need to perhaps get away for a while as well as take the opportunity to be with her people.

She probably is due for a wardrobe change at this point.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 11:46   Link #2132
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinZwei View Post
what's with the Alibaba's gf tag? It's not like the whole thread is made for that.
Alibaba has become DA MAN, he deserves it
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 14:02   Link #2133
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Oh wasn't aware of that part of things. Though I read somewhere about some time Sharr overheard that Yam had a preference for older men with beards from Pisti and took to trying to grow a beard himself. Though I don't know when this happened. It may have been in some extras I haven't read or perhaps in the Sinbad Spinoff which I have yet to read.
Maybe Wiki? That's where I read about Marsur's preferences.

Quote:
In some ways I suppose she had the easiest time of things really, though I suppose that doesn't make for much in the way of growth aside from the tips Yunan gave her.
Her dilemma has always been that she needs to meet her family to honor Goltas's last request and she wants to serve Alibaba and Aladdin because they also played a part in freeing her from slavery. When we left her before the year+ time skip, she was left being forced to choose between the two.

Obviously that was resolved somehow, either she abandoned the idea of meeting her family and honoring Goltas or she's had it both ways. That she can apparently fly for an extended period of time means she did eventually meet her tribe and it hasn't really had an impact on her. But yeah, uneventful is right. Even before they first left, Marsur said to watch out for slavers specialized in capturing Fanalis. She likely didn't encounter them.
Old 2013-09-30, 14:04   Link #2134
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
If Alibaba were still a prince of a functioning state, I wouldn't actually be worried too much, as given the time frame (where harems were a thing) the REAL question would be who would become the official wife and who becomes the consort. However Alibaba isn't anymore, so...
Having a harem IRL has never been about having two or more love interests like in the average romcom, it is about BRAGGING, not love "look, I have several beautiful wives and I am rich enough to cloth and feed them and their kids". Obviously arab and chinese kings could afford such luxury, but I do not remember ever reading a clause where it says you need to have royal blood or be part of the high bureaucracy to have a harem. So the real question is, how much money does Alibaba has, from what I see he is dirt poor and requires continual sponsorship to do ends meet, maybe Morgiana has a few coins from her yet unknown adventures so SHE could make her own harem
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 15:17   Link #2135
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
Having a harem IRL has never been about having two or more love interests like in the average romcom, it is about BRAGGING, not love "look, I have several beautiful wives and I am rich enough to cloth and feed them and their kids". Obviously arab and chinese kings could afford such luxury, but I do not remember ever reading a clause where it says you need to have royal blood or be part of the high bureaucracy to have a harem. So the real question is, how much money does Alibaba has, from what I see he is dirt poor and requires continual sponsorship to do ends meet, maybe Morgiana has a few coins from her yet unknown adventures so SHE could make her own harem
well , he could just enter a tower and make money easily being overpowered as he is now.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 15:44   Link #2136
Thatguy3331
Pro Slacker

All I can say is this: I'm scared....
Thatguy3331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 15:50   Link #2137
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
well , he could just enter a tower and make money easily being overpowered as he is now.
Doesn't that depends in the amount of magoi one individual has? If I remember correctly even Sinbad (who is a walking anomaly) could no longer conquer Dungeons and when Amon first met Alibaba he almost facepalmed at the low amount of magoi Alibaba had.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 16:11   Link #2138
CBredbeard
Banned

Alibaba's Magoi pool was about the same as Haukei's. That was before the body snatch. Now he probably has more Magoi than anyone aside from top tier Magicians like Yam and Mogamett and freaks like En and Sinbad.
Old 2013-09-30, 16:26   Link #2139
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
Doesn't that depends in the amount of magoi one individual has? If I remember correctly even Sinbad (who is a walking anomaly) could no longer conquer Dungeons and when Amon first met Alibaba he almost facepalmed at the low amount of magoi Alibaba had.
Sindbad couldn't enter any more dungeons not because his magoi isn't enough for an eighth Djinn, but because the Djinns and Solomon didn't want all the powers (Djinns) to centre around a single individual to prevent the same mistake in Alma Toran.

If Hakuryuu wasn't in Zagan's dungeon, Zagan would have likely chosen Alibaba as his master even if he hasn't mastered Amon at that time by process of elimination (unless he hated Alibaba and Amon enough to choose the random villager child or Dunya, the black king vessel).
So if only Alibaba, Morgianna and Aladdin went on another dungeon conquest, by process of elimination the Djinn will have to choose Alibaba as its master.
Old 2013-09-30, 16:34   Link #2140
marvelB

Oh boy, why am I not the least bit surprised about the main subject of the last few pages of conversation?

Anyway, I kinda don't see why Alibaba couldn't have multiple lovers. I mean, he's a future king after all, right?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen