AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-20, 00:51   Link #141
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Well since he was such a brilliant theorist in the magic community, I see these "plans" as ways to make the planet his own personal sandbox and gain excellent data from both sides from the fallout.
Old 2009-07-26, 14:36   Link #142
ellifeedn
Thinker

I heard that each volume centers on either the magic side or the science side. Which side is featured in which volume?
Old 2009-09-21, 07:53   Link #143
Aqua Knight

When does Railgun air first?
Old 2009-09-21, 08:04   Link #144
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th_warrior View Post
When does Railgun air first?
2nd October 2009.
Old 2009-10-05, 20:28   Link #145
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Could anyone list all 7 of the level 5 psychic users from strongest to weakest, all i know is that accelerator is top and mikoto is third.
Old 2009-10-05, 20:56   Link #146
BlueDo

That should go in the Novel section, but I'll just list the names.

Spoiler for rank:

You should be able to find most of the info by searching through the Novel thread.
Old 2009-10-08, 17:11   Link #147
velvet nightmare

is index allowed to have a romantic relationship with touma at all? how does that all work out, isn't she a nun or something like that?
Old 2009-10-08, 18:01   Link #148
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
is index allowed to have a romantic relationship with touma at all? how does that all work out, isn't she a nun or something like that?
I don't know about her being forbidden or anything like that. She never mentions it, nor does she indicate there are any such rules/taboos. At the very least she certainly has feelings for Touma, which could indicate there aren't such rules for her.

On a side note, on Touma's side of that equation, I would have to disagree with the idea that many hold that Touma has no feelings for Index. There's a reason he keeps blushing around her on multiple occasions, and early in the series
Spoiler:
Old 2009-10-08, 18:45   Link #149
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Just because she has feelings for him does not mean that there are no rules that forbid her to have a relationship. Thus, that can't be used as an indicator that there are no rules. They can forbid you to have a relationship and you can be 100% loyal to such laws, but it is impossible to not develop feelings towards someone.

Also, the fact that Touma blushes in her presence does not mean that he has feelings for her. Unless he belongs to "that group", he will blush at occasions no matter with what girl he has business.
Also, even if she were just a friend, he would be depressed. Losing a friend is not a small thing, especially if that friend seems to have been a close one.

As far as we know from novels, Touma doesn't show romantic feelings to anyone and, quite frankly, I doubt that will ever change. Somehow I don't see the author making Touma into a romantic guy.
Old 2009-10-08, 19:42   Link #150
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Just because she has feelings for him does not mean that there are no rules that forbid her to have a relationship. Thus, that can't be used as an indicator that there are no rules. They can forbid you to have a relationship and you can be 100% loyal to such laws, but it is impossible to not develop feelings towards someone.
I said at least once that it might be an indicator that there are no rules about that. But Index isn't one to break hard-set rules, so if there is such a rule, it might not be a big one. Either way, there's no evidence suggesting such a rule at the moment, nor is there anything solid saying there isn't, so it doesn't really matter unless/until they come out and tell us one way or the other.

Quote:
Also, the fact that Touma blushes in her presence does not mean that he has feelings for her. Unless he belongs to "that group", he will blush at occasions no matter with what girl he has business.
Also, even if she were just a friend, he would be depressed. Losing a friend is not a small thing, especially if that friend seems to have been a close one.
I never said anything was in stone. However, there's definitely slightly more evidence to suggest there are some feelings there more than none. (as in 0 out of 10 on a scale of evidence against, and 1 out of 10 on a scale supporting) And it would be far from the first time such insigificant-seeming tidbits grew into full-blown relationships.

Quote:
As far as we know from novels, Touma doesn't show romantic feelings to anyone and, quite frankly, I doubt that will ever change. Somehow I don't see the author making Touma into a romantic guy.
Now this I entirely and strongly disagree with. It's clear that his relationships with Inex and at the very least Mikoto will be important (otherwise, why take their relationships to where they are right now in the first place, especially after that Mikoto scene in volume 16), and just because he shows no feelings at this moment doesn't mean he won't later. How many heroes have taken how long to realize any feelings for a female character at all? Even if Touma didn't realize feelings for any female character until the last arc or so, he wouldn't be the first to be so slow.

It kinda feels like too many people are too strongly set against romance in animes these days.....

Last edited by Shinji103; 2009-10-08 at 19:54.
Old 2009-10-13, 07:25   Link #151
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Question: How do you spell Touma's catchphrase?
Old 2009-10-13, 17:41   Link #152
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Question: How do you spell Touma's catchphrase?
You mean "Fukou daaaaa!!"?
Old 2009-10-14, 03:14   Link #153
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

^ That's the one.
Old 2009-10-17, 13:26   Link #154
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

When was the date that Volume 18 of the LN was release?

EDIT: Never mind i already found the answer.

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2009-10-19 at 08:05.
Old 2009-10-19, 08:11   Link #155
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for Question about the 17th & 18th novel:
Old 2009-10-22, 23:30   Link #156
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Anyone know why they made tv series for a side character instead of sequel to season1 of the anime? Did it ran out of materials or had insufficient rating to merit a S2?
Old 2009-10-23, 00:44   Link #157
BlueDo

Nah, they just randomly decide to adopt the side-story.
Original novel has enough to span two more 26-episode season.

Maybe it's so people won't be bored of constant Index material, though that's not really possible considering how the novel does get more creative...
It's also maybe that Railgun doesn't have enough material, so they'll be planning to put in some Index material during Railgun season.
Old 2009-10-23, 01:32   Link #158
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post
Nah, they just randomly decide to adopt the side-story.
Original novel has enough to span two more 26-episode season.

Maybe it's so people won't be bored of constant Index material, though that's not really possible considering how the novel does get more creative...
It's also maybe that Railgun doesn't have enough material, so they'll be planning to put in some Index material during Railgun season.
Also Railgun has enough gimmicks(loli,tsuerdera(sp),pantsu fetish,ect)) in it to make easy money. I kinda hope they get the gimmicks out of their blood so the main series stays more balanced.... plus I think Railgun dose not have alot of material so their padding ti with filler.

I think they went with Railgun since its easy money which may or may not be the case for index season 2 depending on when they launch it and all. Either way Railgun is not bad I just wish it was a bit more gimmickless... oh well its part of a decent series so I'll be drooling..err...watching it :P
Old 2009-10-23, 05:28   Link #159
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
Anyone know why they made tv series for a side character instead of sequel to season1 of the anime? Did it ran out of materials or had insufficient rating to merit a S2?
Popularity. Mikoto is an amazingly popular character, so making a TV series with Mikoto as the main character both satisfies the fans and brings in more money. Win-win.
Old 2009-10-23, 08:39   Link #160
Miraluka
Banned

Yeah Mikoto is popular but when you bring the fans fillers the opinion gets divided. Also J.C. Staff don't makes second seasons of a series the next season to the previous one.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a