AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 28 32.18%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 37.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 14.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 6.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.30%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.30%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-01-24, 14:01   Link #21
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Images
Like a boss
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-01-24, 14:02   Link #22
Ryuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
that was a nifty plan. well done slaine. i'd like to think he was hit on purpose so sazzzzbomb would show up. and like he said, only inaho would figure out how to disable the barrier.

i think the things on the soles of his feet are magnetic/gravity things.
Ah seen. And yeah, watching it again, it looked like Slaine deliberately let the bullet hit. It hit his arm so he made sure he minimised the damage.
Old 2015-01-24, 14:05   Link #23
lubczyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel1991 View Post
So... now its Slaine himself who is destroying the dreams of peace Asseylum has and here I thought that Slaine stated when he was being tortured by Crutheo that he would not allow anyone to crush her dreams.
No, Slaine is working towards Asseylum's dreams by getting rid of the Orbital Knights. Something Asseylum did not have the guts to do. Asseylum had a dream, but didn't have the guts to go through with it. Slaine does. Asseylum wanted peace between Earth and Mars without any type of reform, which was ignorant on her part.

"if you want to make an omelet, you have to break some eggs."

Great episode. Finally, Rayet and Inko got some action in along with the Deucalion.
Old 2015-01-24, 14:10   Link #24
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Whoa. Slaine's traded up. Guess he had a plan after all.
Of course he had a plan. I don't understand how people didn't see this. There were enough foreshadow and evidence to point that Slaine is trying to change the Martian system.

The only thing that is interesting about this show is what Slaine is trying to do. His character is getting more interesting, especially this episode that showed he hated the count and yet still had some affection towards him.

The way I see now is Slaine is doing all the dirty work in order to achieve the dream of the princess, peace for both Earth and Mars.
Old 2015-01-24, 14:11   Link #25
steam fish

damnnnn looks like this is the first episode where we see inaho in a real corner... and i wonder if slaine has surpassed inaho with this now he just pretty much outplayed inaho and used him in his plan, wow slaine
Old 2015-01-24, 14:11   Link #26
itisjustme

Hrm honestly I'm not buying how Slaine turned from a beaten up victim to some villain mastermind.
Old 2015-01-24, 14:12   Link #27
Raziel1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
No, Slaine is working towards Asseylum's dreams by getting rid of the Orbital Knights. Something Asseylum did not have the guts to do. Asseylum had a dream, but didn't have the guts to go through with it. Slaine does. Asseylum wanted peace between Earth and Mars without any type of reform, which is ignorant on her part.

"if you want to make an omelet, you have to break some eggs."

Great episode. Finally, Rayet and Inko got some action in along with the Deucalion.
But Slaine himself stated on that last speech that he wanted the Orbital Knights to join forces to crush the Earth resistence forces. As far as I know Asseylum wanted peace with the UEF not crush it.
Old 2015-01-24, 14:19   Link #28
Jerseykid

the epic double cross!
Old 2015-01-24, 14:22   Link #29
lubczyk

Quote:
But Slaine himself stated on that last speech that he wanted the Orbital Knights to join forces to crush the Earth resistence forces. As far as I know Asseylum wanted peace with the UEF not crush it.
Is Slaine supposed to broadcast to the Orbital Counts that he wants to kill them?

I predict more Orbital Counts are going to die by Slaine's hand.

How much power does Asseylum really have as a Princess? If her Grandfather, her sister and herself didn't have the Aldnoah activation factor, then the Orbital Knights would have killed her already. It's like her sister. Everyone is playing an act. No one of the Orbital Knights cares that she wants peace between UFE and Vers.

Remember when following Heaven's Fall, the current Emperor ordered the Orbital Knights to return to Vers. No one did and there were no consequences.

Everyone on the Vers side is playing a game to see what they can get.
Old 2015-01-24, 14:22   Link #30
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Then the question becomes which part was Inaho talking about when he said Slaine was telling the truth. The princess being alive part or wanting to strike the Earth. I am guessing the princess part since Inaho did say she is still alive"

Pretty sure he is going to take them down the other knights eventually, probably going to use the Earth invasion to weaken and strike them later.
Old 2015-01-24, 14:27   Link #31
Raziel1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
Is Slaine supposed to broadcast to the Orbital Counts that he wants to kill them?

I predict more Orbital Counts are going to die by Slaine's hand.

How much power does Asseylum really have as a Princess? If her Grandfather, her sister and herself didn't have the Aldnoah activation factor, then the Orbital Knights would have killed her already. It's like her sister. Everyone is playing an act. No one of the Orbital Knights cares that she wants peace between UFE and Vers.

Remember when following Heaven's Fall, the current Emperor ordered the Orbital Knights to return to Vers. No one did and there were no consequences.

Everyone on the Vers side is playing a game to see what they can get.
But then this is just your personal prediction, there is no evidence at this point that he wants to kill the other counts from inside. It could be true or it could be not. And besides Inaho said that Slaine was actually not lying during that speech.
Old 2015-01-24, 14:30   Link #32
Death Usagi
Banned

Looks like the speculation of comparing Inaho to Odin back in Season 1 came true afterall, considering Calm compared Inaho to Odin.
Old 2015-01-24, 14:33   Link #33
lubczyk

Quote:
But then this is just your personal prediction, there is no evidence at this point that he wants to kill the other counts from inside. It could be true or it could be not. And besides Inaho said that Slaine was actually not lying during that speech.
His little speech at the end of the episode between Harklight seems to point towards that direction. How can they raise the lower class of Vers without taking out the Royal Family, the Orbital Counts and the Orbital Knights?
Old 2015-01-24, 14:33   Link #34
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
3 foreshadow in this episode.
1. Mentioning of Slaine's dream, where Slaine lie about him having a dream (though I guess we can interpret this as Saline's dream is the princess' dream.
2. Slaine telling the other counts that he may be the one to stab them in the back later.
3. His discussion with Harklight "This new era will be for people like us"
Old 2015-01-24, 14:34   Link #35
Death Usagi
Banned

Aldnoah.Zero: Slaine of the Rebellion? XD
Old 2015-01-24, 14:39   Link #36
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

And he just killed the most interesting Martian, just when this episode made Saazbaum a helluva likable too. This father and son relationship development between a Terran and Martian was so intriguing and has so many potential as well. Yeah he shot Asseylum, but she not dead and he the who got you this far too. At the very least you did called him father...

Slaine, the one who couldn't think with his brain but with his hormone. Fuck you Slaine... I am no longer your fan.

RIP Saazbaum best Martian 2014-2015, hope you reunited with your beloved now.
Old 2015-01-24, 14:41   Link #37
Irenesharda

Oh my gosh....I honestly didn't see that coming...

Slaine is now Saazbaum's adopted son? Saazbaum is dead? And it was all part of Slaine's plan?!

Wow... I REALLY did not see that coming. Slaine is a strategic genius all his own. Swearing "fealty" to Saazbaum, tricking the master at his own game, all the while planning to backstab him at the most opportune moment. Using him for his rank, to become the first Terran count, and striving him closer towards his goal of helping the poor people of Vers in his own way. Harklight is completely in on it with him, and he respects Slaine for being for the common man. Slaine is planning a revolution, and he doesn't mind getting down and dirty while doing it. He'll say what he has to say, destroy who he has to destroy and kill who he has to kill, to achieve his plan. He reminds me a lot of Lelouch at this moment.

As for Inaho, it was interesting seeing him really struggle this time. It's really cool that in space all off the Martians seem to be actually in their element, and the Terrans are on the defensive. Also, they show that the Terrans aren't stupid and having been doing experiments with Aldnoah, however, they discover that blood alone is not all that is needed. A person needs to have been give the factor (kissing) and then activated by blood. They are aware that Inaho is needed to keep the Deucalion alive, but they allow him to go out into the field anyway. (Though the reasoning for that is pretty shabby.

There was character development for both the Martians and the Terrans, which is pretty amazing, space seems to be a really good rejuvenator for the series, and the battles are getting better and better.

This by far is the best episode of this season so far, and it's up there as one of the best episodes of the series in general. And it changes everything.

I loved this episode. 10/10

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-01-24, 14:42   Link #38
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Of course he had a plan. I don't understand how people didn't see this. There were enough foreshadow and evidence to point that Slaine is trying to change the Martian system.

The only thing that is interesting about this show is what Slaine is trying to do. His character is getting more interesting, especially this episode that showed he hated the count and yet still had some affection towards him.

The way I see now is Slaine is doing all the dirty work in order to achieve the dream of the princess, peace for both Earth and Mars.
A plan that didn't involve killing Saazbaum and seizing his power for his own. I thought he was actually gonna work for Saazbaum.

This couldn't have been easy for him. In spite of everything that happened, it's clear he agreed with Saazbaum's motives and actions on some level.

Quote:
Unlike the princess, Slaine has been made aware of the many issues of the Martian empire. In particular, the unequal distribution of wealth due to the monopoly on the aldnoah and the resulting caste system.

I think Slaine's improvising on Asseylum's original intent while taking these issues into account. In a way, Slaine's inherited both Asseylum's and Saazbaum's wills.
Old 2015-01-24, 14:45   Link #39
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
A plan that didn't involve killing Saazbaum and seizing his power for his own. I thought he was actually gonna work for Saazbaum.

This couldn't have been easy for him. In spite of everything that happened, it's clear he agreed with Saazbaum's motives and actions on some level.
Oh yeah, I agree on that part. I thought Saazbaum and Slaine would be working together to change Mars, the fact that he killed right there was surprising.
Old 2015-01-24, 14:45   Link #40
rpgman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Aldnoah.Zero: Slaine of the Rebellion? XD
Pretty much sums it up actually. I was thinking Slaine was doing things similar to Lelouch from S2. Coincidence?
Closed Thread