AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 09 Rating
Perfect 10 13 14.13%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 30.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 26.09%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 19.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 8.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.09%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-07, 00:59   Link #81
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Type A myself .... it isn't that I don't *like* Lucky*Channel ... its that I'm just really attached to the main content and I can already see that a lot of the manga just isn't going to make it onscreen. Hence the disappointment when the L*C card intro appears. (I do watch the ED though).
Old 2007-06-07, 01:05   Link #82
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Type O here...

Anyway, beating Expert mode in less than 100 seconds, Miyuki? Teach me your mad Minesweeper skills! (although I once completed Beginner mode in 4 seconds, but that was probably mad luck)

And I loved that scene with Miyuki and the eyedropper. I've had to go through that quite a bit, as I have some eye problems, so I totally sympathize with her there.

And very, very, very much LOL at Konata's next episode preview. Those old-school Super Mario Bros. games sure were something.
Old 2007-06-07, 01:10   Link #83
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

Type O (I think)...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

With every passing episode, I'm more and more convinced that Konata wouldn't make a bad wife at all.

This episode for example, around 16:00 (the sales talk), shows that Konata worries about and takes care of some of the house chores. Of course, I assume this is because of her being alone with her dad (who doesn't seem to be good at keeping things in order). Her otaku looks can be deceiving.

Oh, and of course, gotta love how Kagami got Konata's intentions all wrong; makes her look cute.
Old 2007-06-07, 01:14   Link #84
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
Type O here...

Anyway, beating Expert mode in less than 100 seconds, Miyuki? Teach me your mad Minesweeper skills! (although I once completed Beginner mode in 4 seconds, but that was probably mad luck)

And I loved that scene with Miyuki and the eyedropper. I've had to go through that quite a bit, as I have some eye problems, so I totally sympathize with her there.

And very, very, very much LOL at Konata's next episode preview. Those old-school Super Mario Bros. games sure were something.
I'm pretty sure I recall beating beginner by clicking the mouse button once. It might have been twice. Anyway as an anime character Miyuki doesn't have to obey the laws of time, space and probability, so she could beat expert in 10 seconds if she wanted too. Lucky her.
Old 2007-06-07, 01:17   Link #85
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo_N View Post
With every passing episode, I'm more and more convinced that Konata wouldn't make a bad wife at all.
Come to think of it... I'd be terribly sad if Kona got married.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I'm pretty sure I recall beating beginner by clicking the mouse button once. It might have been twice. Anyway as an anime character Miyuki doesn't have to obey the laws of physics so she could beat expert in 10 seconds if she wanted too. Lucky her.
Ah, lucky... Like Mirrinus, I've gotten 4 seconds.. I'm actually glad Macs don't come with Minesweeper, or else I might still be playing that silly game.
Old 2007-06-07, 01:30   Link #86
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
Come to think of it... I'd be terribly sad if Kona got married.

Ah, lucky... Like Mirrinus, I've gotten 4 seconds.. I'm actually glad Macs don't come with Minesweeper, or else I might still be playing that silly game.
Okay, I just got 1 second in three clicks. What I did though was use a custom game with an expert size playing board and 10 mines. The fastest conceivable time appears to be 1 second with those settings.
Old 2007-06-07, 01:36   Link #87
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

It is possible to achieve Beginner in 1s, but you will need luck with regards to the random placement of the mines. Kinda like striking lottery. I have yet to achieve it, but I have seen one of my friends do it.

Cheers.
Old 2007-06-07, 04:55   Link #88
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo_N View Post

This episode for example, around 16:00 (the sales talk), shows that Konata worries about and takes care of some of the house chores. Of course, I assume this is because of her being alone with her dad (who doesn't seem to be good at keeping things in order). Her otaku looks can be deceiving.
As far as "traditional" housewife goes -- she seems to know how to cook, and probably laundry as well. And between that stuff she could play MMOs! Question is how well would she do with it when it got to 4-5 people to take care of instead of just 2 hehe.
Old 2007-06-07, 04:55   Link #89
Tatsumiko
*Artist

Hang in there Tsukasa!!! T-T....

Kagami: C'mon guys what are ya?! wimps?!

Tsukasa : but I can't have anymore sergeant!!

Kagami: Eat! eat! eat!

Konata: I'm out man!! Im out!!

...XDDD...was starting to get irritated again with the perfect human but it seems like Miyuki saved herself with the eyedrops scene (I still like her)
Akira-chan!! Why are you so cruel towards our beloved loli-baka!! X333

@ JediNight and Nemo_N : NOOOOOO...YADA!!!! If Konata were to become a houswife with kids then...then...Ok I can't breathe.... X(
Old 2007-06-07, 05:26   Link #90
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Type B ~ I think O.o

~ Skane -- Ahh minesweeper x3 Lovely game ~ how I ever lose at it I'll never know.
Old 2007-06-07, 06:03   Link #91
JediNight
キズランダム

Tatsumiko: Just imagine the type of kids she would have! Roflmao...

(Although they did do the gag earlier where Kagami questions if Konata has even had her first period yet)
Old 2007-06-07, 06:56   Link #92
Katsumara
The cake eater.

Oh god, I love Konata and Kagami's relationship. So cute. XD This show is just too addictive :3
Old 2007-06-07, 07:25   Link #93
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Am I the only one who found Tsukasa's eyes rather creepy when Kagami roused her from her daze?
Spoiler for Higurashi moment:

As for Minesweeper, the key to finishing those unresolvable last squares is to be a Miyuki and calculate the exact probabilities for each square being a mine, it's surprising how often it works out if you click on the 1/3 or lower squares and avoid the 50/50's. OTOH if you spot an unresolvable 50/50 earlier in the game, just click one of the squares, there's no point in leaving it until the end of the game only to guess wrong and realise you just wasted a load of time. I used to be able to get scores of around 100 seconds in expert mode but I find you have to take chances to get such scores, there simply isn't enough time to work out every move logically.

Interesting bug in Minesweeper: no matter how many mines you pack onto the board (max is 435) you never hit a mine with your first click! This suggests they're not even placed until after you do your first click, since the chance of hitting one is 90% in the worst case custom game. In Win95 there used to be a cheat to show whether the mouse was over a mine or not but more recent versions don't seem to have it, or else the cheatcode has changed (it was the infamous "xyzzy").

Staying with Miyuki, I was surprised she showed any interest in the blood type stuff, I've heard that no-one in Japan with more than half a brain believes those things any more than we would believe newspaper horoscopes over here.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Old 2007-06-07, 09:18   Link #94
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samatarou View Post
Interesting bug in Minesweeper: no matter how many mines you pack onto the board (max is 435) you never hit a mine with your first click! This suggests they're not even placed until after you do your first click, since the chance of hitting one is 90% in the worst case custom game. In Win95 there used to be a cheat to show whether the mouse was over a mine or not but more recent versions don't seem to have it, or else the cheatcode has changed (it was the infamous "xyzzy").
Err… I'm pretty sure I've hit a mine with my first click before. I think the square goes into another colour if you do and the game doesn't count it against you.
Old 2007-06-07, 10:20   Link #95
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Am I the only one who found Tsukasa's eyes rather creepy when Kagami roused her from her daze?
Spoiler for Higurashi moment:

As for Minesweeper, the key to finishing those unresolvable last squares is to be a Miyuki and calculate the exact probabilities for each square being a mine, it's surprising how often it works out if you click on the 1/3 or lower squares and avoid the 50/50's. OTOH if you spot an unresolvable 50/50 earlier in the game, just click one of the squares, there's no point in leaving it until the end of the game only to guess wrong and realise you just wasted a load of time. I used to be able to get scores of around 100 seconds in expert mode but I find you have to take chances to get such scores, there simply isn't enough time to work out every move logically.

Staying with Miyuki, I was surprised she showed any interest in the blood type stuff, I've heard that no-one in Japan with more than half a brain believes those things any more than we would believe newspaper horoscopes over here.
It's not a bug, it's to give you a bloody chance in hell of winning. You have no way of knowing anything at all until you've made the first click, so there's no point in it making you lose before you've even had a chance to think about the puzzle.
Old 2007-06-07, 13:13   Link #96
archanfels

You know it's a bad episode when the LC and ED are your favorite part, and your fellow fans are already talking off-topic (blood types, NES games, minesweepers etc) on page 5...

Yea...
Old 2007-06-07, 13:50   Link #97
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by archanfels View Post
You know it's a bad episode when the LC and ED are your favorite part, and your fellow fans are already talking off-topic (blood types, NES games, minesweepers etc) on page 5...

Yea...
they are on topic though as they happened in the ep

the blood type convo didnt really appeal to me though...too predictable and to be able to tell your personality from the blood type is just too random...even worse than the chinese zodiac animals

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-06-07, 15:04   Link #98
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanfels View Post

Yea...
Since those are important parts of the show's dialog that some people are unfamiliar with and would like explaining ... I'd say they're on-topic.
YMMV on the LC .... I have yet to consider that segment anything other than my least favorite part (even though its was entertaining this episode).
Old 2007-06-07, 17:03   Link #99
arias

Quote:
Mm. But it would be sort of unfair and a sign of modern scientific-mass prejudice to rule out blood-type personality diagnosis or even horoscope. This is not to say that the current descriptions of the various blood-types and horoscopes are completely true - maybe one or two characteristics of the dozens listed for each type may be true. Anyway, I did do my own little research about blood-type and personality, and as usual there're plenty of conflicting reports.

This is not to say that the positive reports are jumbled bs; one's done by Raymond Cattell and he was (since he has now passed) a big figure in the psychology of personality. There is an english fanpage run by a Japanese about bloodtype and personality (http://www010.upp.so-net.ne.jp/abofan/index-e.htm). I checked for Cattell's paper and it is indeed an actual published paper. Cattell's conclusion included "TYPE-AB is more self-sufficient and group-independent (probability < 5 percents). TYPE-A is more anxious than TYPE-O (probability < 1 percent)"

There is also the Mars Effect (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_effect) for Astrology which is extremely controversial.

This is not to say I actually believe in them, but that there's probably an unjustified bias against the scientific validity of such fields.
Old 2007-06-07, 17:50   Link #100
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

My take on the matter is that if you make descriptions *just* broad enough, you'll score enough close hits that people who want to believe are happy.
That's true of *any* personality diagnosis tool like these.

I'd probably be more likely to suspect some correlation between blood and mind simply because you're dealing with something directly affecting the brain rather than rocks in space millions/billions of miles away. But I doubt the tendencies can be pieced out of the thousands of other variables.

Personality elements (pre-wired) are just more likely to come from ancestral inputs ... but even those can be over-ridden by experiences.