Spoiler for Episode 15:
Old 2008-04-23, 11:10   Link #443
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Kyral, thanks for the feedback. My mistake for confusing characters in my last post.

Honestly, I cannot tell where does Persona storyline tries to converge. From everywhere there are still several unexplained plots that need to be treated accordingly.

Nothing has been worked upon in depth on Reverse, Marebito, Komatsubara's goal, whale-feathered girl, and now this episode delves upon whose responsible for manufacturing the medicine.
Yea...they are rather slow on the pick up. This series has a SoL theme for me as opposed to being action.
I'm finding it hard to see where the direction is in this series. It maybe a bit too subtle for me but nothing much has been focused upon. But it isn't a bad series, just confusing at times.

ep 15
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 19:35   Link #444
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Just to let people know, the official website has been updated with information regarding the soundtrack release --- July 2nd.

This is one soundtrack i can not wait to hear in full. Yet another Taku score that i fallen in love with since the first episode, so i hope not a good deal of material will be missed from the soundtrack.
Old 2008-04-23, 23:15   Link #445
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Closed Tomorrow

At long last, some general answers are delivered in the fifteenth episode.

Spoiler:

Animation quality drastically increased for this episode. The contrast and hue on the bodies for Shin, Kanaru, Megumi, and Takurou had volume.

Love when Akihiko made himself at Ryou's home with cooking and berating Shin for keeping old water stored in the fridge.

Finally, I got what Takurou meant to Megumi about how she should change.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 01:09   Link #446
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Now as much as I am obssessed about the archetype, I really did find the first half a minute of eps. 15 to be a waste. So, uhh, what's the point of having a flashback about Ryou, who didn't even appear in this episode? :facepalms:

That said, I loved the interactions between the main couples. Still dying to know if Takuro and Megumi knew each other from childhood lol, ever since they tripped up my radar, hehehehe. And I guess like the games, I'm really into this anime only because of the romance lol.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 01:41   Link #447
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I thought the small flashbacks to Ryo was a nice touch. And really, Shin and Jun are struggling with his disappearance so I would think it's a biggie that Ryo gets referenced quite a bit.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 02:00   Link #448
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Now as much as I am obssessed about the archetype, I really did find the first half a minute of eps. 15 to be a waste. So, uhh, what's the point of having a flashback about Ryou, who didn't even appear in this episode? :facepalms:
Exactly. I thought "oh wow, we're gonna see some Ryo/Eiko history" and then you find out the whole episode had nothing to do with that flashback. :| I just think it was so random. What's the point?

It looks like my ShinxMegumi is history now. The pairings here are just about settled. Aside from Akihiko clearing up some stuffs about Kagenuki, I still don't know much about the random whale feathers they see often. I doubt it's really tangible.
ani_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 10:02   Link #449
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

It's good that the pacing of the show finally picks up.But it's a bit too late because much of my interest in this show had gone.But will still continue watching it,and many thanks to Ainex for subbing and XComp for the summary
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 10:42   Link #450
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
The flashback was one of my favorite scenes from episode 15. It's even more important that they show that flashback after their deaths.
Old 2008-04-24, 13:42   Link #451
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcomp View Post
TinyRedLeaf, you're right about the ending illustrations. Just had a look a the PTS blog and it appears both the ED1 and ED2 images were drawn by the same artist as the one who drew the Blood+ EDs, Chizu Hashii.
Cool. Thanks for the info. It seems that he or she did the Blood+ manga as well. Chizu is most likely a pseudonym though. I find it highly unlikely that anyone would call himself "map" (地図).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcomp
Nice Manga you posted BTW. Those strips are great
Indeed they are. It's a shame they were never fully translated. Ken was hilarious in the later strips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinatsu-no-miya
It's good that the pacing of the show finally picks up.But it's a bit too late because much of my interest in this show had gone.But will still continue watching it.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I've followed Trinity Soul thus far only because I loved the game, so it's great to finally see Akihiko appear. The story does lack focus and the pacing is poor, but ah well, a fan's got to do what a fan's got to do.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 17:25   Link #452
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

As for me, I was a die hard fan of the franchise ever since the first game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
The flashback was one of my favorite scenes from episode 15. It's even more important that they show that flashback after their deaths.
Just a reminder, that Eiko and Ryou's 'death' was two episodes ago. If there ever was a proper time to show it, it would've been last episode, not now.

Don't get me wrong though, as I LOVED that 30 sec short about Eiko/Ryou, considering it touches on my absolute moe property (gushing like a fangirl throughout its entire run lol). But in the grand scheme of storytelling, that just came out of the blue and served no purpose at all for this episode.

I mean, all we learned from that short would be that Ryou and Eiko were very close ever since they were kids. Which to me would be a <3, but my rational side is bugging me with the question, "So what?"

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 20:08   Link #453
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode 14 was the first one to be set six months later, so i actually don't think that would have been the right time to show the flashback scene. One episode into the time skip was perfect.
Old 2008-04-26, 16:04   Link #454
ani_d

Thanks. After those screenshots, I'm watching 16-17 RAW now. I love Megumi.
ani_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 14:33   Link #455
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

Akihiko looks kinda terrible in the shots of Ep 16. Anyone know if Polydueces appears?
Kagedanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 18:48   Link #456
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedanji View Post
Akihiko looks kinda terrible in the shots of Ep 16. Anyone know if Polydueces appears?
You mean Caesar?
The Bloodlust Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 20:04   Link #457
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Episode 17 Summary

Spoiler for thoughts on episode 17:

Quote:
Just a reminder, that Eiko and Ryou's 'death' was two episodes ago. If there ever was a proper time to show it, it would've been last episode, not now.

Don't get me wrong though, as I LOVED that 30 sec short about Eiko/Ryou, considering it touches on my absolute moe property (gushing like a fangirl throughout its entire run lol). But in the grand scheme of storytelling, that just came out of the blue and served no purpose at all for this episode.

I mean, all we learned from that short would be that Ryou and Eiko were very close ever since they were kids. Which to me would be a <3, but my rational side is bugging me with the question, "So what?"
I agree with the way the flashback was inserted. It really was pointless because at the end of the episode I was thinking, "So... What was the flashbacks about little Ryo got to do with all that?"
Xcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 20:21   Link #458
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bloodlust Kid View Post
You mean Caesar?
Either one.
Kagedanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-29, 15:07   Link #459
mikyu

Hello! I'm a bit confused. I know ... Persona is not easy to understand, but when I compared the subs the translation differs

I made some screenshots of episode 13 (spoiler for those who hasn't watched it yet)

Spoiler:

I mean, that's a really important plot scene ... and one of them must be wrong. Some lines are quite similar ... but others are not
mikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-29, 19:22   Link #460
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikyu View Post
Hello! I'm a bit confused. I know ... Persona is not easy to understand, but when I compared the subs the translation differs

I made some screenshots of episode 13 (spoiler for those who hasn't watched it yet)

Spoiler:

I mean, that's a really important plot scene ... and one of them must be wrong. Some lines are quite similar ... but others are not
From the look of those screenshots, both have their mistakes but I would say Orange-Side is more accurate. You can try reading my episode 13 summary to clear things up.
Xcomp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, supernatural