AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-30, 04:15   Link #1381
Destined_Fate

It's just a theory, don't get too invested in it. As for TheEnd, maybe she ends up its pilot later? Or Naru/Truth getting in it?

I liked how trippy the episode made all the kids even if Goldilocks still hasn't done anything yet. Though I fear they may have unintentionally opened the door for fanatic Ao and Elena fanfictions. Still, it was cute they brought up that other guy for Fleur even if nothing comes of it other than shippers being placated for now.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 11:17   Link #1382
konart

The OST is out

Old 2012-06-30, 11:52   Link #1383
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm very interested to see what happens with the third IFO team, Harlequin, which we haven't really heard from yet. Is it those three guys in the OP? They don't look like kids, though. If Harlequin turns out to be an all-loli squad too I hope they give us some explanation for it, otherwise I call pandering.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 12:25   Link #1384
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

I didn't really get what happened in this episode because of E7 Ao's usual Evangelion-like trippiness. It was an episode dedicated to Elena, which I appreciated since we didn't know much about her. So she has multiple personalities and such? She was a rock star in the past?

Either way, still liked it. As for Harlequin, hope so. I don't really care about the fact that Ao's teammates are all young girls because the show itself doesn't really care about that fact, but I would like to see some guys his age.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 12:53   Link #1385
tsunade666

I didn't understand much what happen in episode 11. Pretty weird and confusing in a way I don't know who Elena is. A singer? a pilot? or a girl who comes from different world together with Eureka that saw the original world where we saw the moon engraved with Renton love Eureka. I don't know anymore. I want to know more but the episode already ended with Elena burying the wig and saying goodnight to Elena and Miller. In the end I don't really know who she is.
Old 2012-06-30, 13:39   Link #1386
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
I didn't really get what happened in this episode because of E7 Ao's usual Evangelion-like trippiness. It was an episode dedicated to Elena, which I appreciated since we didn't know much about her. So she has multiple personalities and such? She was a rock star in the past?

Either way, still liked it. As for Harlequin, hope so. I don't really care about the fact that Ao's teammates are all young girls because the show itself doesn't really care about that fact, but I would like to see some guys his age.
No. She was...someone in the past, but then something happened(was brought here by Eureka from E7 world or something else - we don't know), after this she took dead Elena's identity, had been taken to the facility for children who have innate abilities to pilot IFOs(much like Anemone). Then she was "adopted" by Generation Blue.
Later she met that Miller singer and... this turn bad for the latter I presume.
After this she started playing Miller's role too(and I'm pretty sure Mr.Blanc knows this and most likely was using her as a doulbe agent from this point)
Old 2012-06-30, 13:57   Link #1387
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I think the evidence seems to suggest that Elena is related to the Scub Coral, rather than being brought up by Eureka or anything. If she's just a normal kid who was brought up by Eureka in the original world, her visions from the Secret would be different. The stuff she saw indicates two things to me: 1) she subconsciously has memories of the original world and of Eureka which the fans of the original series would also have, 2) she has an adaptive personality where she borrows identities from people who exist in the world but are no longer around.

She could be some sort of human coralian created by the Scub Coral like Eureka was, based on people who came into contact with the Scub Coral in this world, and being used to integrate with organizations in this world to try to better understand them. Truth certainly seemed to "know" that she was unique, way back when he first encountered her as Miller.

It's definitely going to be interesting to see where this goes.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 14:01   Link #1388
konart

^or this, yeah. It's just that her eyes are normal.
Old 2012-06-30, 14:11   Link #1389
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I just noticed that Kyoda mentioned on his twitter account that ep11 concludes the series of episodes which serve to expand the series, from here on out, we're entering into the trashing waves. Should be getting really exciting.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 14:23   Link #1390
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
I just noticed that Kyoda mentioned on his twitter account that ep11 concludes the series of episodes which serve to expand the series, from here on out, we're entering into the trashing waves. Should be getting really exciting.
Thank freaking god! Those weren't the worst expository episodes I've seen from a show (although i can't call them particularly engrossing either) but its definetly past time to kick this show into a higher gear. Hopefully this actually means exciting mecha action and expanding the plot and not some love triangle drama nonsense that many mecha productions of late seem to think we want to see at the forefront of main story arcs.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 14:39   Link #1391
j4c06

Couldn't help but think that in some yet another universe Elena is Inori, Blanc is Shuichiro, scub coral is apocalypse virus etc etc :LOL:
j4c06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 14:55   Link #1392
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
She could be some sort of human coralian created by the Scub Coral like Eureka was, based on people who came into contact with the Scub Coral in this world, and being used to integrate with organizations in this world to try to better understand them. Truth certainly seemed to "know" that she was unique, way back when he first encountered her as Miller.
I don't think Elena is a Coralian given that Trapar particles are thought waves Scub coral.

It seems to me the Scub coral went for another tactic of communication rather than assimilation or absorbing a human's consciousness rendering them in a coma.

The kids are their eyes in this new world.

But this world is not a natural world but an artificially created one.

Which could be a massive experiment simulation using the knowledge accumulated in the Limit of Questions.

The Secrets seem to be Antibody like Agents from the Matrix out to keep the masquerade by eliminating the Scub Coral.

And we all know Scub Coral getting out of hibernation is a bad thing.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 15:22   Link #1393
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4c06 View Post
Couldn't help but think that in some yet another universe Elena is Inori, Blanc is Shuichiro, scub coral is apocalypse virus etc etc :LOL:
Compared to AO, GC seems as if it was written in crayon on the back of a kid's menu from Dennys.
Old 2012-06-30, 17:34   Link #1394
lann

SHIT. JUST. GOT. REAL.

MIND. BLOWN.

wow. I already wrote this series off as being a highly loose connection to what we all know ES to really be. I thought maybe it was a rework/reboot using some of the elements of ES. But noooooo, its somehow canon to the original series no less. My interest in this series has gone up a thousand fold. but now that my second favourite anime of all time is now related to this series, they bloody well better not screw it up. Im even expecting the kids from the DVD cover to turn up at some point now. Ao could be one of them, Elena could be the other.

Last edited by lann; 2012-07-06 at 17:38.
lann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 17:57   Link #1395
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Compared to AO, GC seems as if it was written in crayon on the back of a kid's menu from Dennys.
Ao is what Guilty Crown should have been. A proper Evangelion rip-off/tribute that's actually aware of how stupid it is.

Old 2012-06-30, 19:31   Link #1396
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Ao is what Guilty Crown should have been. A proper Evangelion rip-off/tribute that's actually aware of how stupid it is.
Whatever.
Old 2012-06-30, 19:46   Link #1397
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
I don't think Elena is a Coralian given that Trapar particles are thought waves Scub coral.
Why does this preclude her being a Corallian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lann View Post
SHIT. JUST. GOT. REAL.

MIND. BLOWN.

wow. I already wrote this series off as being a highly loose connection to what we all know ES to really be. I thought maybe it was a rework/reboot using some of the elements of ES. But noooooo, its somehow canon to the original series no less. My interest in this series has gone up a thousand fold. but now that my second favourite anime of all time is now related to this series, they bloody well better now screw it up.
This, all of this. Interest up tenfold. Love being as confused as I was in E7, especially when that confusion is finally in definite relation to E7 itself. And with the news that we're almost through the expository episodes, when honestly this didn't even feel like one in the second half, is very welcome.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 20:22   Link #1398
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Crayon is too generous... as is the word "written".

Quote:
Guilty Crown was more of a knock on Code Geass. Ao has little in common with GC much less Evangelion... aside from them all having large robots. If you want to compare it to something, compare it to a possible Matrix-like scenario of the Ao world.
Old 2012-06-30, 21:11   Link #1399
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Quote:
Wrong. He's been referred to as 12 several times in the series, including after the medical exam when he arrived at GenBleu.

And, in fact, this anime is set in 2025 and his chart very clearly lists his birthday as "6/27/12". It's definitely not a coincidence. Is it a clue or just a joke? Who knows.
I guess this date issue is because, in universe, they're in our present day and month, thus, his birthday was a few days ago and he turned 13.

And by the way, I think AO is like a good retelling of RahXephon. I somehow can see a lot of common themes, but AO is certainly better told.

Last edited by Zaresh; 2012-06-30 at 21:17. Reason: adding something
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 23:01   Link #1400
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Believe me, it has a lot in common with Evangelion. The child pilots, the trippy scenes, the weird angst...it's Evangelion.

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen