AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-25, 11:33   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Kannagi - Character Discussion - Tsugumi Aoba

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Tsugumi Aoba related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Kannagi fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2008-10-25, 11:48   Link #2
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Favorite character-nya~ ( ^ω^)
The most "normal" of the cast, too. Ii yome dana~

......Can't find anything to discuss...

Anyways, rooting for Tsugumi x Jin~!
Even if she's a childhood friend character and doesn't seem to have much chance.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-10-25, 11:53   Link #3
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Anyways, rooting for Tsugumi x Jin~!
Even if she's a childhood friend character and doesn't seem to have much chance.
Isn't she also his cousin...
Old 2008-10-25, 12:33   Link #4
d-one

Damn you Jin >_<

I'd love to get a childhood friend as cute as her >_<
Old 2008-10-26, 09:35   Link #5
Toffeerollx
TsuruyaxMikuru Glomp~
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Toffeerollx
I loved that part of ep 3 where it was like she was posessed x) Freaked me out too, but it was funny mostly!
Old 2008-10-26, 14:41   Link #6
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Isn't she also his cousin...
I don't think so... At least, I don't recall it ever being said.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-10-26, 15:27   Link #7
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toffeerollx View Post
I loved that part of ep 3 where it was like she was posessed x) Freaked me out too, but it was funny mostly!
rena, same voice actor i think
Old 2008-10-26, 16:19   Link #8
Falkor

Tsugumi seems to be the most normal of the group, so far at least. And even so, there’s nothing I don’t love about her character: the short red hair, the personality… and that distinctive voice of hers. She doesn’t have as much quirkiness as the other two—Nagi and Zange—but the fact she is plain normal makes her a good, and yet very likeable addition to the cast.

I wonder what’s really going between Jin and Tsugumi, underneath of what has been shown so far. During the fourth episode, Jins mentions a childhood friend in his conversation with Zange. I can only think of Tsugumi as the only one, but it made me very curious to know "what and why" he needs to tell her, if he indeed is having any regrets or laments…

So, I can guess that something might have happened between the two in the past, which is already affecting their present relationship. They are childhood friends, and yet, he doesn’t seem to be interested in Tsugumi at all—really strange if you consider the fact that Tsugumi has his “perfect size” of oranges (include Zange in that list as well)… while the person in question, Tsugumi, seems to be unaware of anything, acting normally around him.
Old 2008-10-27, 10:37   Link #9
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

Tsugumi freaks me out a little when she says that Jin needs a cute childhood friend like her. I don't think anyone can be so self-conscious of that.
Old 2008-10-27, 19:24   Link #10
Falkor

I wouldn't mind having a cute childhood friend like Tsugumi...
Old 2008-10-28, 04:01   Link #11
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by teelotes View Post
Tsugumi freaks me out a little when she says that Jin needs a cute childhood friend like her. I don't think anyone can be so self-conscious of that.
i find that pretty daring of her. As someone who usually roots for the childhood-friendxmale-lead (ever since Shuffle!) hearing Tsugumi say something like that is a good start
Old 2008-10-28, 11:25   Link #12
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsky123 View Post
rena, same voice actor i think
Nope, Rena was voiced by Mai Nakahara. Tsugumi was voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro (AKA Shinku in Rozen maiden )

Mai Nakahara voices one of the teachers,

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2008-10-28, 14:53   Link #13
Oxtail

As I said in another thread, she reminds me of Sakura from Oinari-sama. Except bolder and less paranoid. That's a good thing in my mind since Sakura was one of my favorite things about that show.
Old 2008-11-02, 19:04   Link #14
Lugia_yao
Framehaze

Send a message via MSN to Lugia_yao
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Tsugumi was voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro (AKA Shinku in Rozen maiden )
That's why I like her

Shinku SAMA!
Old 2008-11-04, 19:16   Link #15
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Tsugumi's kind of sweet, and I've always liked that name, but a girl with that personality (mothering childhood friend) needs much better cooking skills etc., or else she needs to start coming on a lot stronger or she'll be left by the wayside.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Old 2008-11-04, 19:57   Link #16
Oxtail

She needs to show up in a sexy outfit. As long as Jin doesn't show any physical interest in her, their relationship isn't gonna go anywhere.
Old 2008-11-05, 07:09   Link #17
lotus7
Aria Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxtail View Post
She needs to show up in a sexy outfit. As long as Jin doesn't show any physical interest in her, their relationship isn't gonna go anywhere.
oh god... unless you've read the manga, that's an incredibly timely prediction.
Old 2008-11-05, 12:46   Link #18
Oxtail

Never read the manga. Just going by the classic rules of high school romances in anime.
Old 2008-11-05, 22:24   Link #19
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samatarou View Post
Tsugumi's kind of sweet, and I've always liked that name, but a girl with that personality (mothering childhood friend) needs much better cooking skills etc., or else she needs to start coming on a lot stronger or she'll be left by the wayside.
Have you seen Shuffle! anime? just being good enough isn't enough, at least, that's what i've learned. Tsugumi needs to be more assertive if she is to compete against Nagi or Zange and Hakua, who as we know is more daring in showing affection towards Hakua's guy. While Nagi is living with Jin which is already a disadvantage for her.
Old 2008-11-10, 20:21   Link #20
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

At the start of the series I saw Tsugumi as a bit of an irrelevance and didn't take all that much notice of her, but this last couple of episodes I've realised that she's becoming one of my favourite characters, she's just so sweet and cute. She originally made herself out to be Jin's guardian but in fact she's now helplessly ga-ga about him.

Close this thread, Open the nexT
Closed Thread

Tags
characters