AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 97 61.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 17.72%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 13.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 5.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.63%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-11-30, 21:03   Link #281
Aquaman OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaoyuanyuan1 View Post
Ali is so powerful. Don't know if he can take all four Gundams in a close combat. Ah!! Setsuna why can't you get better?
Ali's as of last season was possibly the best pilot in the series (either him or Sergei forget which of them was better than the other)

Setsuna is notably improving however. Last season against Ali with a Gundam he was helplessly torn apart weapon by weapon til trans am kicked in. Here at least he managed to hold somewhat shaky ground unlike Tieria who kept getting blasted, though Ali still had the upper hand. This ep showed Setsuna is now better than Tieria as a pilot at least.

I don't think Ali can fight against all 4 Gundam's at once. He fled here. In fact thats how I expect they'll finally kill him with all the Gundam's ganging up on him and hitting him at once. It's not like Ali's a worthy opponent deserving of a fair fight after all. He certainly wouldn't do the same.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 21:04   Link #282
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynames/ Virtue View Post
He can, if he tricks them as he did with Tieria and Setsuna, maybe even use them to attack each other. Sure all units have their forte of combat, but it will be hard to deal with the blade, sabers, and fangs dodging and shooting all the time.
Well think they could take him down if they used Trans Am. Problem is Seravee's is more for firepower and 00 can't use its without blowing the thing up. The other two should be able to use the increased speed to overwhelm him. If Ali can't focus on any of them all those weapons aren't going to have the same level of effectiveness.
Old 2008-11-30, 21:09   Link #283
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well think they could take him down if they used Trans Am. Problem is Seravee's is more for firepower and 00 can't use its without blowing the thing up. The other two should be able to use the increased speed to overwhelm him. If Ali can't focus on any of them all those weapons aren't going to have the same level of effectiveness.
Other than trans-am, it would be hard unless the change their tactic. Since, they haven't really shown tactically formation with some or all the gundams. It doesn't matter how the unit will stall Ali, rather than trying to find unguarded temporarily.

Actually he could, he only use a few fangs to take down Setsuna and Tieria. Why would taking Lyle and Allelujah be can different?
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 21:14   Link #284
Aquaman OS

The Fangs aren't exactly mighty. He blasted them twice with no apparant serious damage other than knocking them around.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 21:17   Link #285
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
The Fangs aren't exactly mighty. He blasted them twice with no apparant serious damage other than knocking them around.
Still Fangs are perfect at rattling opponents, gundams or otherwise. Just because he doesn't damage them with a sword or saber slash, doesn't mean he can't incorporate it into a lethal strategy that corners the gundam for a slicing and stabbing.
Old 2008-11-30, 21:20   Link #286
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Arche's Fangs are more advanced though, they can actually dodge attacks!
Old 2008-11-30, 21:53   Link #287
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

lol rolling haro was pretty funny. (lol at Patrick too)

Can't believe Kati looked like Tieria when she was young...

And they really should just match up Ali versus Mr Bushido. Not really that entertaining to see Ali beating up weaker pilots.

Hopefully Sergei doesn't get killed next episode.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 22:15   Link #288
grss1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Well it is kind of interesting that Seravee actually has arms on its legs. Arche returns the trick with a leg beam saber.

I wonder if Tieria will modify Seravee to have detachable arms and legs, and maybe become a AD Zeong.

And Lyle seems pretty nonchalant about his brother's death, and Setsuna's revelation as a ex-KPSA member.
Actually someone in another forum I frequent said that the Seravee's extra arms reminded him of the PMX-003 aka "The O" from Zeta Gundam.

http://www.gundamofficial.com/worlds...s/ms_theo.html

Check at the 0:45 mark:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCRUT...eature=related

If indeed its gonna become an "AD ZEONG" then we may have finally found a purpose for the huge head in the back.
Old 2008-11-30, 23:43   Link #289
arkxkra
全力全開

good episode, the fight not bad, too bad too short. Seravee got extra arm, while the throne got extra weapon on leg also. Ali skill abit over powerful, or the meister still not strong enough?

Soma seem to awake in next episode because headache appear, and new machine and character will be introduce. look forward to next episode.
Old 2008-12-01, 00:17   Link #290
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkxkra View Post
good episode, the fight not bad, too bad too short. Seravee got extra arm, while the throne got extra weapon on leg also. Ali skill abit over powerful, or the meister still not strong enough?
I would say that the meisters are not skilled enough, if they were, they would be fighting like any other battle, with or without strategy to consider. Tactically, seravee and well as 00 did not attack or defend in the situation against Ali, regardless of the fangs. Seravee could have used it GN field at one point, 00 could have at least try weaving in and out of the fang attack.
Old 2008-12-01, 00:46   Link #291
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfftw View Post
DUDE

you assume A-LAWS is the world i dont. Obviously there other factions countries ok.

Going by YOUR logic the best way is to get hunted down like a scrub. And what the hell with social backing they have that already. Look IF there was PEACE CB would not interfere as they do now so There is no peace at least not for everyone and the entire point of the 2nd season.

ANd there is also no point and flying instead of taking an initiative. I dont care whether they publish shit A-LAWs does or take down strategic points. SOmething needs to be done instead of hiding in the ocean or space.
Look "dude", A-Laws is a branch of the Earth Federation government, which is more or less the world. If you actually read the subs and paid attention to the story you'd notice that Sumeragi noted that people were experiencing prosperity and peace under the Fed. which was why they wouldn't mind if all the trouble makers from the Middle East were sent to space. Also, Healing Care mentioned this very same episode that having Kataron as their only enemy wasn't fun, so essentially the only conflict atm is Kataron vs Federation.
So it is safe to conclude that aggressive armed interventions would be seen from a public opinion stand point as needless and unwarranted, not to mention they are extremely risky. Celestial Being doesn't have the overwhelming superiority that they and team Trinity enjoyed early on in S1.

CB can't leak shit to the public because Ribbons controls all information with Veda. And they can't take the offensive because they are outnumbered and the enemy has equal technology this time. All they can do is run around waging guerrilla warfare, which cannot defeat an enemy such as the Federation w/o an actual army. CB doesn't have an army nor do they have any sort of backing from any nation or organization. They can't launch full scale attacks against the Federation because it is simply too big, and too well armed to be bullied into submission like they did with Moralia.
Old 2008-12-01, 00:57   Link #292
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

Sumeragi said their going to pick up support "machines", did Sunrise keep us distracted with the O-Riser cause I never thought about the other three gundams they seriously need support equipments as well.
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 01:02   Link #293
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM View Post
Sumeragi said their going to pick up support "machines", did Sunrise keep us distracted with the O-Riser cause I never thought about the other three gundams they seriously need support equipments as well.
Arios has archer for support, I don't really know how they could support Cherudim, and Seravee has set to completely reveal its other hidden aspects. As for all, they would need it, considering how Billy is developing new suits MP or custom.
Old 2008-12-01, 01:03   Link #294
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynames/ Virtue View Post
I would say that the meisters are not skilled enough, if they were, they would be fighting like any other battle, with or without strategy to consider. Tactically, seravee and well as 00 did not attack or defend in the situation against Ali, regardless of the fangs. Seravee could have used it GN field at one point, 00 could have at least try weaving in and out of the fang attack.
Seravee should have used TRAN-AM, the fight would would have ended differently and Setsuna.... needs more training (as well as all the meisters)... well he could have kept him busy while Tieria got the chance to burn the rest of his body.
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 01:09   Link #295
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM View Post
Seravee should have used TRAN-AM, the fight would would have ended differently and Setsuna.... needs more training (as well as all the meisters)... well he could have kept him busy while Tieria got the chance to burn the rest of his body.
Seravee could, but would it make a difference, since it would still create problems after. Ali would have known about trans-am activation, so, he could have run, or create a pin point lock blast with the fangs. As much as Setsuna could distract Ali, he would be repulsed with relative easy, any other weapon. In the situation, only seravee has the best chance to attack and stall, which sort of made the fight so tough.
Old 2008-12-01, 01:47   Link #296
Exia_00
Gundam Meister

Send a message via MSN to Exia_00 Send a message via Yahoo to Exia_00
If Hallelujah were still with around with Allelujah, ali would have been screwed,

that or y couldn't tieria just use the cannons instead of the hidden beam saber when servee kept arche at bay
Old 2008-12-01, 02:00   Link #297
rpgman1

I enjoyed this episode. The Ali fight was pretty short. Hidden beam sabers in the feet, Fangs, and quick reflexes make Ali the best pilot. Seems that the Innovators want to go ahead with the plan but a one-sided fight is quite boring. Billy does recognized Gr- Mr.Bushido and wants a suit that is fast and powerful. Sounds like a custom GN Flag to me. So it is true that 0-Riser will soon make its debut. LOL at Patrick like Team Rocket except going down.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 02:54   Link #298
Jays

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1 View Post
I enjoyed this episode. The Ali fight was pretty short. Hidden beam sabers in the feet, Fangs, and quick reflexes make Ali the best pilot. Seems that the Innovators want to go ahead with the plan but a one-sided fight is quite boring. Billy does recognized Gr- Mr.Bushido and wants a suit that is fast and powerful. Sounds like a custom GN Flag to me. So it is true that 0-Riser will soon make its debut. LOL at Patrick like Team Rocket except going down.
I don't think Graham/Mr.Bushido - at this point - could pilot a Flag-esq unit; I think to Graham the Flag represented what the Union stood for, moreover the name and persona of "Graham Aker" was someone whom stood as a clear dipiction of what a Union soldier should be like - which at times seemed to be at odds with his personal will.

To sum it up, I think if he ever had to go back to piloting a "Flag-esq" unit, which I sincerely hope for, he'd have to go back to being Graham Aker the Union Soldier, not Mr.Bushido the "one man army".
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 03:01   Link #299
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Oh finally! The 0-riser! I'm sure the timing would be perfect! Aker gets his custom unit and Setsuna will receive his 0-riser upgrade. OH well, I just hope it won't end like last time where the two GN drives exploded because of Trans-am.

Yes!! Tieria X Lockon wohoo! Tieria keeps mentioning Neil~
Spring_sakura111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 03:50   Link #300
Bring d0wn tEh Sky
For Great Justice !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post
I don't think Graham/Mr.Bushido - at this point - could pilot a Flag-esq unit; I think to Graham the Flag represented what the Union stood for, moreover the name and persona of "Graham Aker" was someone whom stood as a clear dipiction of what a Union soldier should be like - which at times seemed to be at odds with his personal will.

To sum it up, I think if he ever had to go back to piloting a "Flag-esq" unit, which I sincerely hope for, he'd have to go back to being Graham Aker the Union Soldier, not Mr.Bushido the "one man army".
I agree with that but it's too bad since the Flag and it's variants are IMO the best looking MS in the show, even more badass looking than those fancy gundams.

But who knows maybe Graham's mask will break a la Zech Merquise " I can't be your friend anymore ". That wud be so cool if he went renegade, stole a GN Flag and be another faction on his own
Bring d0wn tEh Sky is offline   Reply With Quote