AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2017-12-03, 19:57   Link #4961
GDB

Being polite and caring are two totally different things.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-03, 20:53   Link #4962
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
I also don't remember any scene in T2 (because I assume that's what you're talking about), where she used her "femine side" to dodge the responsibility of her actions.
1) "She shacks up with men like Green Berets (Vietnam Vets) and G.I's to teach me how to be this great military leader" as soon as she gets what she needs from those men, fooling them into giving up their dignity, becomes the violent screaming maniac again when they refuse to continue agreeing with her, takes her son and leaves because they have outlived their immediate use to her.

2) The most *revolting* scene has to be, after having the *gall* to *shoot* and violently threaten a helplessly unarmed-and-crying man *begging for his family's life* using the EXACT SAME WEAPON (The .45 with Laser Sighting) and wearing the EXACT SAME Gargoyle Brand Sunglasses as her attempted murderer in 1984, snarling in a deep-growling voice more befitting a wife-beating body-builder than a "mother", she then collapses and starts crying in a *soft and gentle* voice when she suddenly decides she dosen't have the guts after all. Not so powerful are you now, James Cameron's champion of "empowered women." And that has-been director DARES to claim to Conner to be a "superior" Heroine to the Noble, Kind, Brave, Loving and Compassionate Diana Prince (Wonder Woman)

3) And when Ms Conner no longer needs to be vulnerable, reverts to Ms snarls-a-lot and spouts venomous *man-hating crap* about how all we can do is destroy and build hydrogen bombs simply because we don't know what its like to have a life grow inside us.

Much like how Ribrean and her universe can do the most cruel, cowardly and heinous things that besmirches the Honor of Warriors, but since they dresses it up with love-hearts at every opportunity, it's A-Okay because its "vulnerable and feminine"
Old 2017-12-04, 00:54   Link #4963
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Finally, Gohan got more awesome moments and I loved the team work between him and Piccolo. I wish Goku would take a break, man acts like he's out but nope. Next weeks episode, wonder which one will be out? I'm placing bets on 18 or 17 or mayb even Piccolo but 18 looks pretty out of it.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-04, 01:34   Link #4964
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
1) "She shacks up with men like Green Berets (Vietnam Vets) and G.I's to teach me how to be this great military leader" as soon as she gets what she needs from those men, fooling them into giving up their dignity, becomes the violent screaming maniac again when they refuse to continue agreeing with her, takes her son and leaves because they have outlived their immediate use to her.

2) The most *revolting* scene has to be, after having the *gall* to *shoot* and violently threaten a helplessly unarmed-and-crying man *begging for his family's life* using the EXACT SAME WEAPON (The .45 with Laser Sighting) and wearing the EXACT SAME Gargoyle Brand Sunglasses as her attempted murderer in 1984, snarling in a deep-growling voice more befitting a wife-beating body-builder than a "mother", she then collapses and starts crying in a *soft and gentle* voice when she suddenly decides she dosen't have the guts after all. Not so powerful are you now, James Cameron's champion of "empowered women." And that has-been director DARES to claim to Conner to be a "superior" Heroine to the Noble, Kind, Brave, Loving and Compassionate Diana Prince (Wonder Woman)

3) And when Ms Conner no longer needs to be vulnerable, reverts to Ms snarls-a-lot and spouts venomous *man-hating crap* about how all we can do is destroy and build hydrogen bombs simply because we don't know what its like to have a life grow inside us.

Much like how Ribrean and her universe can do the most cruel, cowardly and heinous things that besmirches the Honor of Warriors, but since they dresses it up with love-hearts at every opportunity, it's A-Okay because its "vulnerable and feminine"

Context is a thing, dude. Sarah Conner is not a super powered heroine. She's just an ordinary woman caught up in an extraordinarily extreme situation. She was a waitress when Kyle died, for fuck's sake. And she was left alone with the knowledge that her son should be ready to become the leader of the resistance or humanity would be destroyed. What the fuck do expect a waitress to do in such a situation? It's to be expected she used anything and anyone to get John ready. Anyone would do so in her place.

Sarah is a great character because she's very human. She's not supposed to be perfect. She's just doing whatever she can to stop the apocalypse, even if she's got to do some devious shit in order to get it done.
Old 2017-12-04, 09:53   Link #4965
Mister Twit

Like a lot of people I wasn't a big fan of Ribrianne and Universe 2 but since the latest episode revealed that they were broadcasting to U2 the entire time I think it finally made sense of their entire existence.

They were putting on a performance for their "fans" to receive "love" which they converted into their source of power. That's why they seemed more overblown and obnoxious than the other warriors, they had to ham it up for the crowd. And when they lost they accepted it like they'd just finished a performance.

Of course I'm not itching to see them again, but I do get the idea now.
Mister Twit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-04, 12:02   Link #4966
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post

Frankly... you just have issues with women for whatever your personal experiences are and are projecting. I really can't see any such thing in those characters.

It's actually made even weirder by the fact that you mention women who can be violent and feminine depending on convenience and then you make the names of two straight-up badasses from western media with little to no feminine side to speak of (Xena, seriously? She's basically a lesbian icon. They didn't spell it out in the show because it was the 90s but come on. I think Lucy Lawless herself said that yeah, she probably was supposed to be a lesbian). When anime is in fact rife with such characters - we call them tsundere or even yandere for the most extreme cases (where the violence isn't aimed at the men in their lives, but at the women they're jealous of). And some of them are effectively annoying for the reasons you mention and how gimmicky they are.

Anyway, Universe 2 women are also completely different. They never once "used" men, or anyone really; they seemed to be genuinely loyal to and beloved by the rest of their team. Their smugness was all aimed at their opponents, which they seemed to look down on. Really, it's hard to pin down any of their character flaws because they're so badly written. They are inconsistent - for example there is no logical reason why Ribrianne should not have understood something as simple as #18 fighting out of love for her family when she was doing the same for her entire universe. It's just random changes in personality to make each scene work in some way because the writers couldn't be bothered putting together a coherent personality for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Twit View Post
Like a lot of people I wasn't a big fan of Ribrianne and Universe 2 but since the latest episode revealed that they were broadcasting to U2 the entire time I think it finally made sense of their entire existence.

They were putting on a performance for their "fans" to receive "love" which they converted into their source of power. That's why they seemed more overblown and obnoxious than the other warriors, they had to ham it up for the crowd. And when they lost they accepted it like they'd just finished a performance.

Of course I'm not itching to see them again, but I do get the idea now.
So basically they were a bit like wrestlers, hamming it up to rile up their fans? Makes sense I guess.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-04, 12:47   Link #4967
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Anyway, Universe 2 women are also completely different. They never once "used" men, or anyone really; they seemed to be genuinely loyal to and beloved by the rest of their team. Their smugness was all aimed at their opponents, which they seemed to look down on. Really, it's hard to pin down any of their character flaws because they're so badly written. They are inconsistent - for example there is no logical reason why Ribrianne should not have understood something as simple as #18 fighting out of love for her family when she was doing the same for her entire universe. It's just random changes in personality to make each scene work in some way because the writers couldn't be bothered putting together a coherent personality for her.
well about ribrianne, honestly speaking i really don't feel it was "that ba writing, when you see japan a country where the "family" concept is slowly disappearing and the concept of "idol" is getting big and big, i can understand she not being able to know about "family love" but being a master in "idol love".

That is currently a really huge issue in japan, the family concept being slowly destroyed because japaneses are less and less to want have to deal with it, specially males because the burden to have a family is too big and even when they accept in many cases the family become totally messed with a father literally "marrying" to his job and forgeting about his family and the woman have to alone take care of the children at home and only getting the money/allowance for the "never coming husband" which after the first children start to stop to have sex with her and start to cheat, not because he is a true scum and cheater but because he just don't have anytime at home then leading to a "sexless" marriage then also leading to the woman cheating at home, then the children ending grow in a "disfunctional" family and don't want to have it for his own children leading then to no want have childrens, because they don't want they childrens to suffer what they suffered, then make the japaneses look in things like idols, manga, anime, novels they new way of life.

Then going to how "idol" work in japan, where they where see almost like "gods and goddesses(for male and female) and must be worshipped and have a crap life without "real love"(because they must live only for they fans and nothing more) and many others big issues which come with this work, then i can understand what happening in universe 2.

i think the universe 2 was more a criticize to the "idol" issues and "japanese perseption of love" being changed by they own issues.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2017-12-04 at 12:58.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-04, 13:21   Link #4968
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark700 View Post
I'm going to miss Universe 6....

They were my favorite Universe with characters like Hit, Caulifla, and Cabba on the team. I wish they saved Hit for their last. He is technically their ace so it should of came down to him going down last rather than the Nameks.

Champa did exactly as I had expected him to the end lol
Honestly I can't help but really respect him for that, he went out being himself.
Old 2017-12-04, 13:39   Link #4969
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
well about ribrianne, honestly speaking i really don't feel it was "that ba writing, when you see japan a country where the "family" concept is slowly disappearing and the concept of "idol" is getting big and big, i can understand she not being able to know about "family love" but being a master in "idol love".

That is currently a really huge issue in japan, the family concept being slowly destroyed because japaneses are less and less to want have to deal with it, specially males because the burden to have a family is too big and even when they accept in many cases the family become totally messed with a father literally "marrying" to his job and forgeting about his family and the woman have to alone take care of the children at home and only getting the money/allowance for the "never coming husband" which after the first children start to stop to have sex with her and start to cheat, not because he is a true scum and cheater but because he just don't have anytime at home then leading to a "sexless" marriage then also leading to the woman cheating at home, then the children ending grow in a "disfunctional" family and don't want to have it for his own children leading then to no want have childrens, because they don't want they childrens to suffer what they suffered, then make the japaneses look in things like idols, manga, anime, novels they new way of life.

Then going to how "idol" work in japan, where they where see almost like "gods and goddesses(for male and female) and must be worshipped and have a crap life without "real love"(because they must live only for they fans and nothing more) and many others big issues which come with this work, then i can understand what happening in universe 2.

i think the universe 2 was more a criticize to the "idol" issues and "japanese perseption of love" being changed by they own issues.
Hm, yeah, I suppose that works too. Could have been done better but it makes sense.

Old 2017-12-04, 15:19   Link #4970
Blueknight78

Quote:
Hm, yeah, I suppose that works too. Could have been done better but it makes sense.
Yeah and this make me sad cuz they are a really beatfull and funny country, but are being destroyed by they own "hard work aka, workaholic/slavery mentality and "hive mind set where you must work to "death" for the community and forget family and own personnal life, which lead to the japaneses goes crazy because they can't stand to it but at same time they can't let ir go or want to change, they ending trapped on that "never ending of cicle" of hate/love toward the "japanese way of life" where no matter how they complain or hate it, they just can't live without it, even the government is really honestly trying hard to do something but it's really hard to change they minds and the japaneses just don't accept any other "way of life" because it can be a "shame" or "failure for the community in they hive/workaholic ,mindset.

Being a idol in japan(and asian a little overal too) is really terrible almost worst than many others places because is really in some cases slavery speciall the "underground idols", things really get crap when you start to look for info about it.

well another note about the "legendary sayan spirt, well if he was a "good person" and is looking for someone "like him" if he indeed was a "heroic type of person" then is really weird he is looking for "goku" since according to toryama himself while goku is not a "force of evil" he is not exactly a "hero", he is just a warrior then he is not what that spirit could be looking for, currently vegita is much better suited for it than goku.

Another note them universe 6 being the "good and soft" sayan universe could means which they have much better chance to go "god" power than universe 7.
Old 2017-12-04, 17:00   Link #4971
justavisitor

So when u6 gets revived, (we know it will), how about all the namek in u6 that got fused together?? The most tragic story in this tournament got to be the u6 namek..
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-04, 18:11   Link #4972
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
So when u6 gets revived, (we know it will), how about all the namek in u6 that got fused together?? The most tragic story in this tournament got to be the u6 namek..
I honestly don't see what they nameks does as a "fusion" and more like a absorsion, because fusion for me is when 2 or more are mixed and generate a "new one" like the dance and potaru fusion where a "third person is born from the 2 fused, but in the namek case you have 1 person receiving all the others as just "power" and nothing from them aside "powers" is used on the personality and the person which received it still the "same person" as he was before, just empowered, unlike vegeto or gogeta or gotrunks which is a true mix of 2 peoples in each case.
Old 2017-12-04, 19:44   Link #4973
rladls2121

Wait those three remaining Universe 2 warriors's transformations, isn't that just cosplay?
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-04, 20:11   Link #4974
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Spoiler for Freeze frame!!:
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-05, 04:03   Link #4975
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
I honestly don't see what they nameks does as a "fusion" and more like a absorsion, because fusion for me is when 2 or more are mixed and generate a "new one" like the dance and potaru fusion where a "third person is born from the 2 fused, but in the namek case you have 1 person receiving all the others as just "power" and nothing from them aside "powers" is used on the personality and the person which received it still the "same person" as he was before, just empowered, unlike vegeto or gogeta or gotrunks which is a true mix of 2 peoples in each case.
Except it looks like they still are sort of aware inside the consciousness of the base person; they just are not able to act or control their body. Talk about nightmare fuel. At least people absorbed by Buu lost consciousness and that was that.

Old 2017-12-05, 12:08   Link #4976
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
They could just use their Dragon Balls to undo the fusion. My understanding was that not all of them fused, it would make sense for the guy who manages the Dragon Balls to be left behind in order to revive their race in case their Universe doesn't get erased.
Old 2017-12-05, 22:19   Link #4977
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

but if Zeno don't allow to revive the lost universe
Old 2017-12-05, 22:46   Link #4978
rpgman1

This episode gave me the feels. U2 doesn't seem so bad even if they were erased. At least their people didn't even panic in fear. U6 though was heartbreaking since most of their fighters have connections to U7. Gohan & Piccolo made a great team. Never thought Makankosappo would be used again, but still has the charge time to pierce foes.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-05, 23:14   Link #4979
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietthai96 View Post
but if Zeno don't allow to revive the lost universe
The universe doesn't need to be revived, just its people. By reviving them and adding them to Universe 7 it also fixes the low mortal level issue which would likely satisfy them since it is 2 birds with one stone.
Old 2017-12-06, 01:09   Link #4980
Mister Twit

Quote:
About this, the way I saw it, Universe 2 did not interpret love in the way that we think about. They interpreted it as kind of a more general power source. So if you shift your thinking a bit, the things they preached to everyone about "not having enough love" was just them literally saying someone was weak. When Ribrianne said that Krillin wasn't beautiful, to her it was probably like saying he looked like a weakling. Which he actually does, it's just not how we'd say that.

The trash talking could also be interpreted as them trying to deny "love" to their opponents as well, which from their perspective could have been a way to weaken their enemies.
Mister Twit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, dragon ball z, shounen, super powers, tragedy