AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-19, 11:12   Link #1
Cipher

Coming-Of-Age Videogames

Does anyone know any video game titles that has characters physically growing as the game progressing? (only one I know and played so many years ago was Shao Lin(PSX))
Old 2009-12-19, 12:04   Link #2
Kazu
Flowing

Tales of the abyss, The main character is annoying in the beginning but after one certain event during the game he develops into a better character

sorry i'm not good in explaining things
Old 2009-12-19, 14:07   Link #3
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
Tales of the abyss, The main character is annoying in the beginning but after one certain event during the game he develops into a better character

sorry i'm not good in explaining things
emotionally/inwardly yes but he did not physically. i'm looking more for a kid to adult transition..
Old 2009-12-19, 14:29   Link #4
Rab
UG'er

Send a message via MSN to Rab
I've had a little think about Dragon Ball and the games that have came out previously over the years. Normally you see character(s) such as Gohan fight, growing older after each arc closes. Consider it at least.

Not much I can suggest. Best I can recommend is finding a Visual novel for download that fits under your criteria for physically transforming. Apologies for not being helpful.
Old 2009-12-19, 16:58   Link #5
Smithsky

Fable 2 on XBox 360.
Old 2009-12-19, 17:03   Link #6
TCman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
Does anyone know any video game titles that has characters physically growing as the game progressing? (only one I know and played so many years ago was Shao Lin(PSX))
How about Fable 1 for the Xbox and PC, I thought it's also available for the Xbox 360 via Xbox live. And of course Fable 2 for the Xbox 360 as Quancio has mentioned.

And Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo N64, Wii Virtual console?), not exactly coming of age, but Link does become bigger later in the game.
Old 2009-12-19, 18:25   Link #7
AnimeFangirl

Dragon Quest...something. 4 or 5, one of the two remade for the DS.
Also Breath of Fire 2 and 3, IIRC.

Growing up isn't quite the same as "coming of age", though. Not quite.
Old 2009-12-19, 19:44   Link #8
Kazu
Flowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
emotionally/inwardly yes but he did not physically. i'm looking more for a kid to adult transition..
Oh sorry ,didn't read your first post right, I can only think of fable 1 and 2 for those kind
Old 2009-12-20, 01:11   Link #9
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab View Post
I've had a little think about Dragon Ball and the games that have came out previously over the years. Normally you see character(s) such as Gohan fight, growing older after each arc closes. Consider it at least.

Not much I can suggest. Best I can recommend is finding a Visual novel for download that fits under your criteria for physically transforming. Apologies for not being helpful.
Thanks, I'll look into visual novels I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quancio View Post
Fable 2 on XBox 360.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCman View Post
How about Fable 1 for the Xbox and PC, I thought it's also available for the Xbox 360 via Xbox live. And of course Fable 2 for the Xbox 360 as Quancio has mentioned.

And Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Nintendo N64, Wii Virtual console?), not exactly coming of age, but Link does become bigger later in the game.
I've played Fable 1, but I wanted something wherein the character fights as a child then as an adult.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl View Post
Dragon Quest...something. 4 or 5, one of the two remade for the DS.
Also Breath of Fire 2 and 3, IIRC.

Growing up isn't quite the same as "coming of age", though. Not quite.
Both are welcome---though in physical form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
Oh sorry ,didn't read your first post right, I can only think of fable 1 and 2 for those kind
Thanks.
Closed Thread