AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-05-16, 19:33   Link #101
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Myne thought she was being clever and all by getting Delia to focus on the baby, but Gil, no fool he, saw right through her scheme. He called her out, too, though it didn't seem to matter.

Spoiler for Dirk's future:

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2022-05-16 at 19:52.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-16, 20:48   Link #102
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So Myne is now have to take care of a baby and really no means to take care of it That church is so bloody useless

Myne now focusing on colors
Old 2022-05-17, 13:25   Link #103
zeross87

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Myne thought she was being clever and all by getting Delia to focus on the baby, but Gil, no fool he, saw right through her scheme. He called her out, too, though it didn't seem to matter.

Spoiler for Dirk's future:
i wonder how this world medecine is advanced. surrely in a world where there is magic people would treat wound with magic rather than medicine so it's probably not very advanced at all. and depending on how magic actually work it may be useless against infections so any knowledge might be usefull.
now, how do you educate people that have no instrument on the existence of bacteria and viruses, i'd read that on earth their existance took a long time to be believed.
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-17, 18:04   Link #104
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I may be proven wrong but I doubt Myne has medical knowledge, beyond what is common sense. Illnesses may not work the same way as in our world either, just like with creating colors.
Old 2022-05-17, 20:07   Link #105
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Even if she understands the basics of vaccination from, say, reading a biography of Pasteur, that wouldn't really help Dirk. He needs a treatment regimen; it's too late for vaccination. I presume Myne knows about the germ theory, which is likely to be totally alien in this world. (I wonder sometimes how many people in Japan actually believe in this theory after seeing countless scenes of people contracting colds from being wet.)

Still, as some of you have suggested, the presence of magic in this world makes drawing conclusions about the progression of Dirk's illness problematic.
Old 2022-05-18, 03:24   Link #106
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
i wonder how this world medecine is advanced. surrely in a world where there is magic people would treat wound with magic rather than medicine so it's probably not very advanced at all. and depending on how magic actually work it may be useless against infections so any knowledge might be usefull.
now, how do you educate people that have no instrument on the existence of bacteria and viruses, i'd read that on earth their existance took a long time to be believed.
Commoner and noble medicines are completely segregated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I may be proven wrong but I doubt Myne has medical knowledge, beyond what is common sense. Illnesses may not work the same way as in our world either, just like with creating colors.
One of the things that's weird about Myne (from her family and neighbors' point of view) is how much of a clean freak she is. IIRC, when Eva gave birth, it went into overdrive until Myne was kicked out of the room.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-23, 20:47   Link #107
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Delia really showing some growth and Gil & Lutz are really starting to get on the same wavelength

Spoiler for Dirk:
Old 2022-05-23, 23:10   Link #108
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Spoiler for Dirk:
I'd hardly call that "nothing"...
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-24, 07:23   Link #109
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Dirk having the Devouring crossed my mind last week but I didn't remember Myne ever breaking into hives so I ruled it out. My first hunch was correct in the end. Since Myne was giving him Tau fruits to extract some of his mana, I wonder if his real mana levels aren't actually higher.

No doubt he will be the focus of the final three episodes. Word will get out that he has the Devouring that one noble will try to take him.
Old 2022-05-24, 08:17   Link #110
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Dirk having the Devouring crossed my mind last week but I didn't remember Myne ever breaking into hives so I ruled it out. My first hunch was correct in the end. Since Myne was giving him Tau fruits to extract some of his mana, I wonder if his real mana levels aren't actually higher.
Well, Ferdinand explained their relative mana levels in the preview.
Old 2022-05-24, 13:54   Link #111
zeross87

wait when she left him to sleep with a tau fruit in his hand isn't that kinda dangerous ? those are supposed to spawn trombe when taking in enough mana what if it happen in the middle of the room when he sleep ?

i can't see why he coulnd't just live in the orphanage with the others and once in a while they press one of those small chalice or other items that need recharging to his head for a while then voila. it would hardly cost them money since he would live like the other orphan and work around, would not really be favoritism, and the chalice/items need filling anyway.
Old 2022-05-24, 16:20   Link #112
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
wait when she left him to sleep with a tau fruit in his hand isn't that kinda dangerous ? those are supposed to spawn trombe when taking in enough mana what if it happen in the middle of the room when he sleep ?
Yeah, especially since they don't know how much Mana Dirk has, or how much it takes for a trombe to sprout.

Quote:
i can't see why he coulnd't just live in the orphanage with the others and once in a while they press one of those small chalice or other items that need recharging to his head for a while then voila. it would hardly cost them money since he would live like the other orphan and work around, would not really be favoritism, and the chalice/items need filling anyway.
Because of the high bishop. If that guy learns that there's an orphan with the devouring, he would sell Dirk for profit and no concern over his welfare. Or worse, decide he has no need for Myne after all if he has Dirk.
Old 2022-05-24, 16:46   Link #113
zeross87

Oh yeah I continue to forgot this guy. He is really a pain In the ass. Since Ferdinand offer for myne to adopt dirk they seem to think they have at least 2 years before having to decide, but Delia is already hearing rumour about dirk adoption so one of their conversations leaked. Depending on how many do know they high bishop can still not know and it could be a test for Delia to learn to stop giving info to him because that will put dirk in danger. But since she is no really bright and very guilible I do t have high hope for her.
Old 2022-05-24, 20:57   Link #114
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Delia is already hearing rumour about dirk adoption so one of their conversations leaked.
The attendant talking to Delia in the last scene is the same one who was helping Ferdinand examine Dirk earlier.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-25, 08:00   Link #115
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

So the people in this era don't get to learn about germs. I'd have preferred that scenario to this one where it's all hocus-pocus.
Old 2022-05-30, 17:09   Link #116
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Welp, keeping Delia in the dark about Dirk's condition completely backfired.
Old 2022-05-30, 19:11   Link #117
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Not sure if there was a good outcome possible with Delia.

Kind of curious about other cities but I guess there's 30 LN in the series so maybe we'll get there eventually.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-30, 20:40   Link #118
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that girl really have guts just walking into that shop like nothing to learn a few things

Yet again High Priest keep show just how much of an ass he is
Old 2022-05-31, 02:25   Link #119
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Well that girl really have guts just walking into that shop like nothing to learn a few things
It's not guts, it's sleep deprivation.
Old 2022-05-31, 16:39   Link #120
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's not guts, it's sleep deprivation.
Actually, in the novel, while her husband was trying to calm things down she fell asleep standing up.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote