AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero

Notices

Old 2022-06-02, 12:23   Link #241
Frontier

Maybe he knew they'd end up in the labyrinth?
Old 2022-06-02, 14:29   Link #242
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aogami View Post
That's the thing I was pointing out, Dengar was trying so hard to nitpick the hell out of the different anime material that you could easily do the same with the actual source material stuff if you're playing by the same rules.
Well, yeah, I decidedly agree on that. I don't even care about the inconsistencies that the anime original stuff creates, considering there's no real damage in breaking what's already broken.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-02, 15:00   Link #243
grecefar

Raph-chan is cute and the Filo reunion got me a little tear up, I guess it was worse in the Ln, anyway it feel this was like the first good chapter this season.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-02, 18:11   Link #244
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Pacing this ep was definitely a lot faster than previous ones; they didn't waste a single second on the unnecessary. I feel like they would have benefitted from having this pacing in the last arc, and allow a slower buildup for this episode, but i also might just be saying that because I find Kizuna a lot cuter and funner to be around than Ost.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-08, 08:31   Link #245
Frontier

Raphtalia is hauled off to prison, a prison that drains magic in fact, and her handcuffs are giving her bad flashbacks to when she was a literal slave. Not only that, but her cellmates end up being Glass and company. But the enemy of my enemy is still my friend it seems as the group manages to escape together .

Kizuna wasn't kidding about she and Glass being friends. Finding out about Kizuna actually makes Glass emotional and loud, a stark change compared to her usual cool stoicism, and we also get to see a much more warmer Glass as well. It was pretty sweet .

How many jewels does Therese keep in her cleavage? Which is pretty useful for providing them money for clothes and food, and she and L'Arc look pretty good in their Japanese-wear. Glass finally looks like herself again. We even get to see Raphtalia in a yukata !

Without the context of the Wave attacks, L'arc and that group really seem like nice people who don't have any personal reason to attack Naofumi or be his enemy aside from what they feel compelled to do for their world. They really seem to like Raphtalia and want to help her here. I hope they're able to find some way to continue working together instead of fighting .

It's time to choose the Vassal Hero for the Katana, and Kazuki is so much trash that even the sword realizes that the most worthy wielder of it is Raphtalia and she's not even from this world. So, yeah, Raphtalia is now the Katanna Vassal Hero. Does that mean she has that permanently now? Even in the event they go back home? Do we even need Sword Hero/Ren now ?

Why did Raphtalia run away from the group? Did she now want to cause them any more trouble since she was the one they wanted ?

"Naofumi-sama...Filo..." I see Rishia still isn't as important as those two .

Becoming a Vassal Hero definitely has its perks, erasing the Slave Crest and restoring Raphtalia to her adult form. Which is also very convenient when she stumbles into a helpful shrine maiden and we get stripped down, naked, Raphtalia !

Raphtalia is now sporting a lovely battle shrine maiden outfit which she looks amazing in and she's gone full magic samurai, Cutting through beasts and leaving possible mortal wounds on Kazuki with perfect finesse and coolness. She's wielding that katana well .

But Raphtalia exerted herself too much with her new power and can't face off against a giant Byakko tiger, but luckily Naofumi and company arrive to save her and we get a pretty heartfelt reunion between everybody. There's no need for apologies, and there's no longer a need for Raphtalia's slave crest, she just wants to be by Naofumi's side no matter what .
Old 2022-06-08, 10:26   Link #246
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I dunno, the pacing feels kinda off here =0v. Particularly around the 'get katana swd' and the new clothes parts. I felt like the lady who serves the katana hero should have been more of an informational piece, if nothing else. Instead, it feels like super coincidental that Raph would collapse in the right place, then gets helped by random servant that has the hero's clothes, and who left almost as fast as she came.

The buildup to seeing Naofumi was really cliche(Nao swooping in at last second) and it didn't really feel like it paid off. I just didn't feel it. Nothing like when Kizuna got out of the Inf Lab; that actually felt like something. Filo reunion same, but less so. Not sure if it was the music, or the lack of animation, or what.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-08, 11:40   Link #247
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I dunno, the pacing feels kinda off here =0v. Particularly around the 'get katana swd' and the new clothes parts. I felt like the lady who serves the katana hero should have been more of an informational piece, if nothing else. Instead, it feels like super coincidental that Raph would collapse in the right place, then gets helped by random servant that has the hero's clothes, and who left almost as fast as she came.
Now that you mention it, a lot happened in quick succession...Raphtalia getting the Katana, running away with the Katana even from people who were ostensibly helping her, turning back into an adult again, just so happening to find someone loyal to the Katana Hero and who promptly strips her naked and gives her new clothes, and then she gets in a fight and gets reunited with Naofumi .
Old 2022-06-08, 12:14   Link #248
magnuskn

Guess they had to rush it a bit to make up for the time they spent doing some anime original stuff. Not that that's necessarily bad, just noticeable. As well that the animation was not that good this episode.
Old 2022-06-08, 13:41   Link #249
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

At least you acknowledge it. What you think of it is entirely your prerogative.
Dengar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-08, 15:20   Link #250
Lex79

Yeah pacong definitely felt off, but at least the group is reunited. Also, while I can understand the "we have a common enemy so let's make a truce" Raphtalia and the other world's heroes seemed a bit too friendly with each other. I hope there will be some talk with Naofumi if they are stopping for good from being antagonists.
Now, the elephant in the room, so far this season has made the other three heroes even more useless, whole Naofumi's party is getting power ups, is the author still going to insist that all four heroes are needed to save the world?
Old 2022-06-08, 15:47   Link #251
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well, L'arc's party and Naofumi's party got along quite well before the wave hit in season 1. So it's probably due to that that she's open to working with them.
Old 2022-06-08, 18:48   Link #252
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That prison looked pretty huge, but of course Raphtalia ended up in the same cell as L'arc and friends
Raphtalia becoming the Katana hero was unexpected to me since that's a weapon from a different world than her own. She should have no problem going home since Vassal weapons users can travel between worlds without issues, but will she still be able to fight for her world? It was pointed out in the previous arc that Vassal Weapons have wills of their own and the reason Kyo was able to use his to wreak havoc is because he found a way to forcefully use it.

Why did she grow up all of a sudden though? Did she regain the levels she lost?

Anyway, it's a nice development for her. Will end up being stronger and it also allowed her to snap out of her "I'm Naofumi's sword" mindset and instead wants to stand by his side as an equal (read: wife).
Old 2022-06-08, 21:42   Link #253
grecefar

Well with now the katana weapon I expect Raphtalia to keep the miko outfit or get a japanese theme armor instead to go back to her previous one.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-09, 02:07   Link #254
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I am unsure why she grew up at exactly that moment. It should just be due to the amount of leveling she did with L’arc’s group. When Naofumi finds her in the LN she’s already grown up.

One alternative explanation I can think of is the Vassal Katana needed her to be big enough to actually wield it.
Old 2022-06-09, 02:18   Link #255
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I am unsure why she grew up at exactly that moment. It should just be due to the amount of leveling she did with L’arc’s group. When Naofumi finds her in the LN she’s already grown up.

One alternative explanation I can think of is the Vassal Katana needed her to be big enough to actually wield it.
Or more like, the Animators wanted to milk "Chibi Raphtalia" form as much as possible (because young kids are cute & popular).
So, they kept her small as long as possible.

Hence she only grew up just few minutes before meeting Naofumi, because she needed to get into her Miko outfit (because that style of outfit is important to the plot).

In LN & Manga, Glass & Co. helped Raphtalia to level-up enough to allow her to grow to her previous physical form before she even got the Vassal Katana (because they expected fight situation, and needed as much back-up as possible).
Also, the Miko outfit was a gift to Raphtalia from L'Arc.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-09, 07:33   Link #256
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
That's what I thought too, good thing I'm not insane.
Old 2022-06-09, 09:36   Link #257
stray
Classic Yandere

Quote:
Or more like, the Animators wanted to milk "Chibi Raphtalia" form as much as possible (because young kids are cute & popular).
Its the same season as Anya and little Leia they had to do something.

I get the impression they're trying to use their guest seiyuu as sparingly as possible. The three stooges got basically no lines this season and it feels like L'Arc, Therese, and Glass are getting way less than they should.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-09, 10:32   Link #258
Aogami

Think there are two sides of this regarding the anime material. From what I know in the LN you actually never see any of the with Raphtalia + L'arc and crew first hand with bits and pieces being told to Naofumi second hand by L'arc WAAY later on. In the manga it is slightly expanded on by briefly seeing the exhaustion prison and just before Raphtalia finds the Katana Vassal weapon but it's all super short.

They animators clearly wanted to expand on the side of the story/the characters that got the short end of the stick originally but they didn't have enough episodes so it ended up with the latter half of Naofumi's story getting gimped as a result. Up to you to decide what was the better decision.
Aogami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-09, 11:28   Link #259
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I just don't understand that they have a massive rush job on one end and yet they take the time to add anime original content.

Last edited by Dengar; 2022-06-09 at 12:12.
Old 2022-06-09, 12:10   Link #260
Frontier

Quote:

Hence she only grew up just few minutes before meeting Naofumi, because she needed to get into her Miko outfit (because that style of outfit is important to the plot).

In LN & Manga, Glass & Co. helped Raphtalia to level-up enough to allow her to grow to her previous physical form before she even got the Vassal Katana (because they expected fight situation, and needed as much back-up as possible).
I mean, I don't think it was a coincidence that she got her adult form back right before we got to see her naked .

Tags
adventure, fantasy