AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2022-06-25, 15:02   Link #561
Lex79

I'll be 100% honest, when I first read the manga, for a moment I really thought "oh, maybe Hyunckel is really dead", but the author didn't have enough courage to do that. Or he simply likes Hyunckel too much.

I've seen entire romcoms where the romance aspect was worse than that single scene between Dai and Leona.
Old 2022-06-25, 18:22   Link #562
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Oh great, an enemy coming out of nowhere to prolong the story even more. Exactly what we needed. I did like that Vearn was all "huh, I didn't see that one coming".

I like Larhart a bit more now that we learned his backstory. I was kind of shocked that although Dai told him not to call him Dino, he didn't tell him to drop the -sama. I thought he would accept him as a comrade, not an underling.
Old 2022-06-25, 20:32   Link #563
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I've seen entire romcoms where the romance aspect was worse than that single scene between Dai and Leona.
I didn't watch last week's episode, so last plus this one, there was SOOO MUCH POSTERING!!!!!! I couldn't stand it! But yeah that Dai/Leona moment was really good; so good, it alleviated my irritation of all of the postering before it. I was wondering what she could even do, aside from some secret Avan gave her, but I thought the "fight with me" ideal was especially impactful, particularly after Vearn's warning of "Dragon Knights being bad luck for the women they're with" or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Oh great, an enemy coming out of nowhere to prolong the story even more. Exactly what we needed. I did like that Vearn was all "huh, I didn't see that one coming".
Thought the same. Definitely rolled my eyes when Leona got grabbed. A prime example of an author trying to elongate his/her story =0v...

frubam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-26, 00:57   Link #564
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I didn't watch last week's episode, so last plus this one, there was SOOO MUCH POSTERING!!!!!! I couldn't stand it! But yeah that Dai/Leona moment was really good; so good, it alleviated my irritation of all of the postering before it. I was wondering what she could even do, aside from some secret Avan gave her, but I thought the "fight with me" ideal was especially impactful, particularly after Vearn's warning of "Dragon Knights being bad luck for the women they're with" or whatever.

Thought the same. Definitely rolled my eyes when Leona got grabbed. A prime example of an author trying to elongate his/her story =0v...
As a non native English speaker, what does postering means in this context?

For the scene, if we look back at the say before the final battle, it's a nice contrast to what happened then. That day Dai was against Leona joining the battle, which was understandable since even himself was scared to face Vearn again and, let's be honest, Leona isn't at the same level as the Avan's disciples. Now he completely respects her determination and wants her to be with him no matter how dangerous things are going to be.
Old 2022-06-26, 08:03   Link #565
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

I like Larhart a bit more now that we learned his backstory. I was kind of shocked that although Dai told him not to call him Dino, he didn't tell him to drop the -sama. I thought he would accept him as a comrade, not an underling.
Or, you know, a brother, since they have the same father.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-26, 08:32   Link #566
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
As a non native English speaker, what does postering means in this context?
Like a poster; standing around and doing nothing. Talking, messing around, instead of getting on with the story. Mystvearn is particularly overly wordy with his expositions and analyzations to his enemies. Though, I can admit, this might have been a bit of an exaggeration in the moment, due to my impatience with the story.

edit: I think I was looking for the word "posturing", but I don't believe that is the right context for that word either. Sorry m(_ _m).

frubam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-26, 17:58   Link #567
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Or, you know, a brother, since they have the same father.
I'm not sure he said that part out loud. It felt like it was for the audience.
Old 2022-06-27, 01:28   Link #568
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Like a poster; standing around and doing nothing. Talking, messing around, instead of getting on with the story. Mystvearn is particularly overly wordy with his expositions and analyzations to his enemies. Though, I can admit, this might have been a bit of an exaggeration in the moment, due to my impatience with the story.

edit: I think I was looking for the word "posturing", but I don't believe that is the right context for that word either. Sorry m(_ _m).
Thanks. It's true that they are talking a lot, which is a bit ironic considering that Mystvearn was introduced as someone who only talked once in decades, but there are only few bad guys left so he has to do his part.

Tags
adaptation, dai no daibouken, dragon quest, remake