AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-06-25, 15:02   Link #561
Lex79

I'll be 100% honest, when I first read the manga, for a moment I really thought "oh, maybe Hyunckel is really dead", but the author didn't have enough courage to do that. Or he simply likes Hyunckel too much.

I've seen entire romcoms where the romance aspect was worse than that single scene between Dai and Leona.
Old 2022-06-25, 18:22   Link #562
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Oh great, an enemy coming out of nowhere to prolong the story even more. Exactly what we needed. I did like that Vearn was all "huh, I didn't see that one coming".

I like Larhart a bit more now that we learned his backstory. I was kind of shocked that although Dai told him not to call him Dino, he didn't tell him to drop the -sama. I thought he would accept him as a comrade, not an underling.
Old 2022-06-25, 20:32   Link #563
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I've seen entire romcoms where the romance aspect was worse than that single scene between Dai and Leona.
I didn't watch last week's episode, so last plus this one, there was SOOO MUCH POSTERING!!!!!! I couldn't stand it! But yeah that Dai/Leona moment was really good; so good, it alleviated my irritation of all of the postering before it. I was wondering what she could even do, aside from some secret Avan gave her, but I thought the "fight with me" ideal was especially impactful, particularly after Vearn's warning of "Dragon Knights being bad luck for the women they're with" or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Oh great, an enemy coming out of nowhere to prolong the story even more. Exactly what we needed. I did like that Vearn was all "huh, I didn't see that one coming".
Thought the same. Definitely rolled my eyes when Leona got grabbed. A prime example of an author trying to elongate his/her story =0v...

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-26, 00:57   Link #564
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I didn't watch last week's episode, so last plus this one, there was SOOO MUCH POSTERING!!!!!! I couldn't stand it! But yeah that Dai/Leona moment was really good; so good, it alleviated my irritation of all of the postering before it. I was wondering what she could even do, aside from some secret Avan gave her, but I thought the "fight with me" ideal was especially impactful, particularly after Vearn's warning of "Dragon Knights being bad luck for the women they're with" or whatever.

Thought the same. Definitely rolled my eyes when Leona got grabbed. A prime example of an author trying to elongate his/her story =0v...
As a non native English speaker, what does postering means in this context?

For the scene, if we look back at the say before the final battle, it's a nice contrast to what happened then. That day Dai was against Leona joining the battle, which was understandable since even himself was scared to face Vearn again and, let's be honest, Leona isn't at the same level as the Avan's disciples. Now he completely respects her determination and wants her to be with him no matter how dangerous things are going to be.
Old 2022-06-26, 08:03   Link #565
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

I like Larhart a bit more now that we learned his backstory. I was kind of shocked that although Dai told him not to call him Dino, he didn't tell him to drop the -sama. I thought he would accept him as a comrade, not an underling.
Or, you know, a brother, since they have the same father.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-26, 08:32   Link #566
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
As a non native English speaker, what does postering means in this context?
Like a poster; standing around and doing nothing. Talking, messing around, instead of getting on with the story. Mystvearn is particularly overly wordy with his expositions and analyzations to his enemies. Though, I can admit, this might have been a bit of an exaggeration in the moment, due to my impatience with the story.

edit: I think I was looking for the word "posturing", but I don't believe that is the right context for that word either. Sorry m(_ _m).

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-26, 17:58   Link #567
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Or, you know, a brother, since they have the same father.
I'm not sure he said that part out loud. It felt like it was for the audience.
Old 2022-06-27, 01:28   Link #568
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Like a poster; standing around and doing nothing. Talking, messing around, instead of getting on with the story. Mystvearn is particularly overly wordy with his expositions and analyzations to his enemies. Though, I can admit, this might have been a bit of an exaggeration in the moment, due to my impatience with the story.

edit: I think I was looking for the word "posturing", but I don't believe that is the right context for that word either. Sorry m(_ _m).
Thanks. It's true that they are talking a lot, which is a bit ironic considering that Mystvearn was introduced as someone who only talked once in decades, but there are only few bad guys left so he has to do his part.
Old 2022-07-02, 11:49   Link #569
Blaat

Every time we see Leona the way she moves implies she's getting raped it's so awkwardly hilarious.

Dai will now be getting some quick gravity training so that he'll be strong enough to beat Vearn later on.

Dream Baran telling Dai to keep on fighting didn't we get a similar dream sequence in the Goku vs Freeza fight between Goku and Vegeta?

Dai is now a Super Dragon Knight. Can't wait for episode 150 where Super Dragon Knight 2 is unlocked.

Kamehameha saves us from a tedious phase 2 fight against the tentacle boss, thanks Dai.

I kept wondering why this episode got an animation bump but I suppose the unlocking of the Super Dragon Knight mode deserves it, it is weird though that this mode is unlocked against a side boss instead of the final boss.

Next up the final boss fight begins, I wonder how long this is going to last. The Kill and Mystvearn fight still hasn't been concluded so I'm guessing this show will still run for a while. Also I'm going to make a bold prediction (haven't read the manga) the palace is going to collapse and Vearn will make a "we've only got 5 minutes left" prediction.
Old 2022-07-02, 14:45   Link #570
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Wow, Gome's powers, it is surprising, but this anime actually can occasionally foreshadow future events instead of pulling stuff out of its ass as it goes

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-02, 18:38   Link #571
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That turned out to be a way better episode than I expected. I'm not sure Super Dragon Knight should have been unlocked against a fodder, but it was a great moment.
Old 2022-07-09, 11:01   Link #572
Blaat

Not going to lie I was hoping for some Namekian 5 minutes while the palace is crashing towards the surface but instead the opposite is going to happen?

Not much to say as it's simply a fun shounen battle episode.
Old 2022-07-09, 15:24   Link #573
Lex79

Leona cannot help directly Dai against Vearn but her support still proved to be precious in helping him clearing his mind and fighting more effectively.
The power up Dai got is even bigger than was shown in the last episode since not only he got a power boost but he also gained all the combat experience of the previous dragon Knights and he proved that by neutralizing Vearn's Calamity Wall. In the end, Goroa turned out to be his biggest ally.
Meanwhile, even with the help of Larhalt Pop and Maam aren't making much progress against Mystvearn that is apparently invulnerable. We'll see if the arrival of reinforcements is going to change the tide of the battle.
Old 2022-07-09, 18:24   Link #574
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Not much to say about the episode, rather solid all around although the animation wasn't the best. Guess they're saving budget for later.
Old 2022-07-16, 11:19   Link #575
Blaat

I liked Vearn's "join me Dai" speech and Dai's answer.

Quote:
Either way, I'm certain to die
Press X to doubt. Being just brought back only to be killed off immediately is not something I see happening.

Wait did Larhart got brought back just to get jobbed for Hym-chan? This makes no sense what so ever.

Also I can't help but notice Maam is casually feeling up Hyunckel's chest, can't blame her for it.

Alright we're clearly in the "good guys are winning until the bad guy activate their secret ace card" phase of the fight. Although I am curious to know what happened to Avan and why Killvearn isn't going to help either Myst or Vearn.
Old 2022-07-16, 18:42   Link #576
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yeah, this is just going way too well. At least for anyone who isn't Avan, even if it's obvious he survived AND will find a way back from that dimension.

Was surprised that scene where people were scared of Dai ended up being relevant after so many episodes. Vearn isn't completely wrong, humans will always fear those different from them, so it's very possible they will eventually turn on Dai. I liked Dai's answer, too.
Old 2022-07-16, 19:29   Link #577
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Everyone but Avan is doing fine . Says a lot about how this show has killed the tension though that even with him losing a hand I'm not remotely concerned. He'll be fine and show up in some hilarious way to mess with Killvern.

Vearn may not be wrong. But he's probably not right either. In normal cases I'd agree that some powerful being could easily be treated like a terror after the immediate threat is gone. But Dai has built up his connections with most of the powerful figures in the world, a lot of the military forces, and just people in general. While I could definitely still see a sizable amount of people being uneasy...it shouldn't be much of an issue for those in power to keep things stable. Plus...at the absolute worst I just see Dai going back to hang out on the monster island again. A monster colony was literally living there for years and no one tried to do anything about it. But honestly I just see Dai and Leona ruling her Kingdom without much issue.

Larhart really does seem to have been brought back for no reason. Maybe he'll have some super sacrifice play that magically allows Hyunckel to rejoin the fight...again . If nothing else it is amusing having Hym just wrecking Myst at this stage.
Old 2022-07-17, 01:01   Link #578
Lex79

I would have liked for Dai to point out that Vearn's supposed respect for Hadler didn't prevent him from putting a black core into his body, but then the dialogue would have felt less powerful.

Turns out Killvearn's fair duel isn't fair at all...again, not every villain in this show is honorable.
Old 2022-07-17, 07:19   Link #579
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I would have liked for Dai to point out that Vearn's supposed respect for Hadler didn't prevent him from putting a black core into his body, but then the dialogue would have felt less powerful.

Turns out Killvearn's fair duel isn't fair at all...again, not every villain in this show is honorable.
He put the black core inside Hadlar way before he started respecting him. Hadlar was scum before he turned into a honorable warrior.
Old 2022-07-17, 09:29   Link #580
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Yeah, this is just going way too well. At least for anyone who isn't Avan, even if it's obvious he survived AND will find a way back from that dimension.

Was surprised that scene where people were scared of Dai ended up being relevant after so many episodes. Vearn isn't completely wrong, humans will always fear those different from them, so it's very possible they will eventually turn on Dai. I liked Dai's answer, too.
I was surprised they didn't bring up what happened to Baran.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adaptation, dai no daibouken, dragon quest, remake