AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-10, 01:19   Link #1
Scrumhalf
Ed & Winry? :O

Send a message via MSN to Scrumhalf
Episode 27: Teacher [Spoilers]

Alright... let's kick this up and running
Old 2004-04-10, 01:37   Link #2
sarcasteak
WAHA~

We shall see blood...and plenty of blood!
Old 2004-04-10, 04:06   Link #3
Palani
///_^

We'll see pain, pain and a lot of spit flying through the air when Izumi will unleash hell upon the elric bros.
Old 2004-04-10, 04:43   Link #4
Cheesemon
Inactive Member

I think the title should just left as "sensei" -- I mean, they don't translate sensei to teacher in the dialogue. ^^

Man, they just showed a diaper commercial during FMA . . . what is the demographics for this show???
Old 2004-04-10, 12:44   Link #5
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

http://wgalland.hp.infoseek.co.jp/200404a.html has lots of screenshots of this episode now.

Bout time the Elrics get their asses kicked!

Hmmm...they shifted some manga event's chronology here again. Makes me curious to see what the changes are.

Last edited by Yebyosh; 2004-04-14 at 03:49. Reason: Updated link
Old 2004-04-10, 22:32   Link #6
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Can this be? Will we see the return of one of the ultimate gods of FMA, the infamous Black Hayate?

And what are the first four pictures from? They're definitely not from the new opening, but the one on the bottom right with the Elric brothers, some of the military, and two sins sitting together? Doesn't seem likely...
Old 2004-04-10, 22:43   Link #7
hubrisnxs
MEAT~!1

Send a message via ICQ to hubrisnxs Send a message via AIM to hubrisnxs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
Can this be? Will we see the return of one of the ultimate gods of FMA, the infamous Black Hayate?

And what are the first four pictures from? They're definitely not from the new opening, but the one on the bottom right with the Elric brothers, some of the military, and two sins sitting together? Doesn't seem likely...
I think the first 4 pics are just from a TV commercial, nothing related to the episode that aired.
Old 2004-04-11, 05:37   Link #8
Palani
///_^

For the ones that can't read Japanese. http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...p=ja_en&intl=1

And this suggests that the first shots are not episode related. Too bad because i really want to see Black Hayate back in action.

Ooh and for those who didn't know, l33traws has released thé raw. I'm on 33%, can't wait.
Old 2004-04-11, 08:40   Link #9
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Well Izumi kicked their arses good, though I think she was holding back. The motherly hug at the end was a great touch...very moving.

Good episode, I'm looking forward to seeing more Izumi, looks like she could do some serious damage. I'd love to see her up against Lust, that would be one hell of a fight...

Sonhex
Old 2004-04-11, 09:56   Link #10
loki9x
大魔王

Well, certainly the unidentified sin who acts like stretch armstrong in the new OP is interesting, along with the squat guy with the hornlike protrusions. Although we're running out of sins; he pretty much has to be Wrath, doesn't he?

Anyway, maybe I'm getting paranoid, eg,
Spoiler:
but doesn't Sensei have a tattoo on her shoulder? It's a Caduceus, the Greek and now universal sign of the medical profession, a snake wrapped up a staff. Does this make her a sin? Or maybe there are seven corresponding virtues? Those would be: Prudence, Temperance, Fortitude, Justice, Faith, Hope, and Love/Charity. Is she so upset at the end of the episode by the brothers' performance of jintai rensei because it is forbidden, or because of her own painful personal past experiences?

It's just that the only characters we've met so far with tattoos have been sins, except for Scar, whose tattoo is of a different kind: a complex formula, instead of a simple soul-seal. Speaking of which, I suppose that that's the way to kill the sins--destroy their seals--although chopping them up into tiny pieces also probably works?
Old 2004-04-11, 11:41   Link #11
Loki
Ronin

Send a message via MSN to Loki
Interesting - ive not read any of the manga but ive been thinking about the tatoo's - i dont wanna have anything spoiled for me but it would be nice to see the virtues brought what better to fight a sin than a virtue.

Hella Cool

Heres something that just came into my head but the tatoo's we see that seem to align what the character is. The Sins have there own, Scar has his complex one, the you have Alchemists with tatoos (transmutation tatoo's) im getting confused how do i tell the difference between what may be a transmutation circle - alchemists and tatoos that are say like the Sins who dont use alchemy.

Oh and as for you spoiler i had been wondering if there was more to him than met the eye

Looking forward to this episode woo
Old 2004-04-11, 12:49   Link #12
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki9x
Well, certainly the unidentified sin who acts like stretch armstrong in the new OP is interesting, along with the squat guy with the hornlike protrusions. Although we're running out of sins; he pretty much has to be Wrath, doesn't he?
The three dudes with Greed are not new Sins (that includes stretch armstrong) but rather three of Greed's chimeras.

And as for your little spoiler message... now wouldn't that be awesome? That'd actually prove me right! ^^
Old 2004-04-11, 20:57   Link #13
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Good grief.... Transmutation circles are already that, "Circles", get it? The main component is a circle. It is easy to tell apart them from the normal tattoos.

Just watched Chinese fansub from POPGO.

Yes! They are following word from word from the manga regarding alchemy. Izumi explains again the use of circles and how alchemy works (Downloaders of my Truth piece can compare my translation with your fav fansubs later ).

Spoiler for a possibility in 2 or 3 more episodes:

This episode should also put to rest certain people's theories of how Ed's circleless transmutations work.

There seems to be a slight incongruity here they have to sooth out (at least it feels like one to me).

Spoiler for anime incongruity:

Next episode is going to be fun too. Elrics marooned
Old 2004-04-11, 22:42   Link #14
Chaosbringer

whens the normal release schedule for FMA fansubs?
Old 2004-04-12, 02:11   Link #15
Kage_Bunshin

where do you get your raws from now? since saiyaman hasn't updated its raws in who knows how many weeks
Old 2004-04-12, 02:28   Link #16
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
Spoiler for anime incongruity:
I liked the manga's portrayal a bit more, but as for why he couldn't perform circleless transmutations I'm just going to assume that he never bothered trying because he's so used to doing one before every transmutation.
Old 2004-04-12, 11:23   Link #17
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

euhm Sonchou released 27 wow :|
Old 2004-04-12, 15:22   Link #18
Youko Recca
Breakdancing Samurai

Pretty good episode.Exactly how old is Izumi?
Old 2004-04-12, 15:51   Link #19
BigFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youko Recca
Pretty good episode.Exactly how old is Izumi?
I've always pictured her to be in her late 20s when she first encountered the Elric Brothers. She should be in her mid 30s by now.
Old 2004-04-12, 16:24   Link #20
avmoghe

It was cool seeing their teacher and all, but overall, I was disappointed. Nothing much happened in this episode (same as episode 26 as well).

Wish they would get moving with the plot...

If the can keep the intensity of episodes 14,15 18-22 or episode 25 going for a long time, this series can definitely become my favorite of all time. These lapses, so to speak, hurt the series. What is even more disappointing is next week's episode preiview doesn't look any better.

But I'll give credit where it is deserved. The creators deserve credit for showing that Ed is NOT the only one who can do transmutation-circle-less alchemy... he isn't an anomaly.

Oh well... I'll watch the episode again and see if my opinion improves
Closed Thread