AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black 2nd Season - Episode 02 Rating
Perfect 10 45 38.14%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 30.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 21.19%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 6.78%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.85%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.85%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-17, 03:38   Link #121
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I think it'd be something like in The Professional, except without an over-eager Natalie Portman trying to turn the male mentor situation into something more disturbing.
Old 2009-10-17, 03:46   Link #122
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
That was really evil FD...
, I think Suou is going to fall for the blond boy from her scvhool. We saw his gf in the preview. I bet its going to be a tearful reunion...with more tears than usual(I mean they'e going to kill her off soononde boy's anguish)
Old 2009-10-17, 04:16   Link #123
teddychan
Dj Pedobear

Send a message via Yahoo to teddychan
F*** GAYSSSS Y_Y NOOO crap episode 2 Y_Y arrrr

well i'm guessing that suou will me a Hwang of Hei ) well they are both snipers )
Old 2009-10-17, 04:19   Link #124
blewin

I got a laugh when Suou referred to Hei as "Oyaji". Hei isn't that old!

Very sad indeed of knowing that Yin's "gone". That probably explains Hei's appearance.

As for the story, can someone explain to me which faction is which? Hei's alone, but he works for the CIA. There's the Russian army. And lastly, July's group. (or is there more?) Which group is it that July's in? I'm really confused here.

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-10-17, 04:32   Link #125
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
That was really evil FD...
, I think Suou is going to fall for the blond boy from her scvhool. We saw his gf in the preview. I bet its going to be a tearful reunion...with more tears than usual(I mean they'e going to kill her off soononde boy's anguish)
At your service, m'dear. XD

As long as they at least show me glimpses of Yin every episode, I will watch this season till the end!
Old 2009-10-17, 04:38   Link #126
teddychan
Dj Pedobear

Send a message via Yahoo to teddychan
i don't know why people say that hei lost he's power he did kill april ) with electric wire like a teaser he's favorite killing move -laugh- well even if hei lost he's power he did became a black ripper without power remember ) oh well whether hei lost he's power or not he's still a pro killer he's the black ripper anyway.

and the ninja i really don't see her boobs its like he's really a man )
Old 2009-10-17, 04:55   Link #127
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddychan View Post
i don't know why people say that hei lost he's power he did kill april ) with electric wire like a teaser he's favorite killing move -laugh- well even if hei lost he's power he did became a black ripper without power remember ) oh well whether hei lost he's power or not he's still a pro killer he's the black ripper anyway.
Erm, you lost sight of what people are talking about.

We're talking about Hei possibly losing his powers as a result of that field he was caught in at the end of episode 2, and the fact his star faded away instead of fell.
Old 2009-10-17, 05:06   Link #128
Joe_fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottendiary View Post
Maybe that's why it's called "Darker than black"
Interesting interpretation of the title Never would have guessed it.
I really hope Hei doesn't turn out to be a pedo hobo drunk. It's bad enough just beina a drunken hobo as it is XD

And about who's from where it seems that all the agents whose names start with months are from MI6. Only those guys that were in the van (the one with the sword and those other two) which I orignally thought were from MI6 are actually unknown. We can't say what's their objective and what they want. And Hei is supposed to be working for the CIA but if he did kill the father he's not quite honest with them. And there's the Russian army or special divison or something like that
Old 2009-10-17, 06:24   Link #129
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Interesting interpretation of the title Never would have guessed it.
I really hope Hei doesn't turn out to be a pedo hobo drunk. It's bad enough just beina a drunken hobo as it is XD

And about who's from where it seems that all the agents whose names start with months are from MI6. Only those guys that were in the van (the one with the sword and those other two) which I orignally thought were from MI6 are actually unknown. We can't say what's their objective and what they want. And Hei is supposed to be working for the CIA but if he did kill the father he's not quite honest with them. And there's the Russian army or special divison or something like that
Those three guys in the van work for the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications.
Old 2009-10-17, 06:57   Link #130
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh
Could you explain what the MI6 do? What do they want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos alfa
Those three guys in the van work for the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications.
They're with the Military right? What about the guy in red coat? with MI6? Sorry for asking so many questions. I'm having trouble figuring out who's with whom.

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-10-17, 07:07   Link #131
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
The magician guy was with MI6 like April and the three with the Van are from that ministry.
And to be exact...every organisation wants the same thing:
The meteor fragments and contractor specimens for themselves.
Old 2009-10-17, 08:27   Link #132
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Well i just finished watching the first two episodes and its looking to be crap so far.

Firstly the OP is boring which doesn't even come close to the greatness of HOWLING. It seems like the usual little-girl-has-issues kinda song.

Moving on, i cant get over how recycling some of these new contractors seem. You have a lightsaber chick who's remuneration is the exact SAME ******* remuneration as that of naked transportation girl from season 1. Then you have The THING a.k.a rock guy who's personality seems like a rehash of november 11. The only really cool contractor has been seemingly killed soon after his short introduction.

Then we have 13 year old souu who can seemingly weild 20 kg anti tank rifles at will. Ive said it before but to turn darker than black into yet ANOTHER evil sibling plot just seems so bland and contrary to what made the plot of the former work so well.

Anyway even though its only been only two episodes i have yet to see any NEW characters which are remotely interesting. You can just tell next week that freckle boy and The pain aka bug girl are going to die.

I'm a huge fan of the first season and here's hoping that it picks up from now, But these two episodes have really left me really disappointed.
Old 2009-10-17, 09:33   Link #133
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Well Suou was trained to hunt and is a photographer so that anti tank sniper rifle is just an extension of both skills.

Hei won't be a hobo for long. Since no one pays any attention to or remembers a hobo, it's a good way to get around. People intentionally avert their eyes when they see one.

I'm betting that blond guy either gets killed with Tanya (next ep preview pic wasn't that positive for her survival) or has his memory erased.
Old 2009-10-17, 09:42   Link #134
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Nika getting killed I'd expect, but Tanya I'm not so sure. She actually has a last name on her character profile on the website, unlike Suou's other friends, so I'm inclined to think she's a more long-term character. Things like the fact she's shown at one point in the preview in her casual clothes and in another part in a military uniform also don't entirely add up.
Old 2009-10-17, 09:50   Link #135
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Nika getting killed I'd expect, but Tanya I'm not so sure. She actually has a last name on her character profile on the website, unlike Suou's other friends, so I'm inclined to think she's a more long-term character. Things like the fact she's shown at one point in the preview in her casual clothes and in another part in a military uniform also don't entirely add up.

FSB captured her in ep. 1 and was implied to be training her in this ep.

Spoiler for next ep preview guess:

I'm bettng Pecha does the 11th hour save of Hei next ep and he doesn't permanently lose his powers. He was missing after Hei grabbed Suou and ran.
Old 2009-10-17, 09:57   Link #136
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
FSB captured her in ep. 1 and was implied to be training her in this ep.

Spoiler for next ep preview guess:
Still strange Tanya has a last name on the official site and Nika who clearly had his stated in this episode does not. Also, it's clearly Nika's anti-tank rifle that is aiming at Tanya in the preview, whom appears to have already been knocked out.
Old 2009-10-17, 10:00   Link #137
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Still strange Tanya has a last name on the official site and Nika who clearly had his stated in this episode does not.
Maybe they didn't want to waste the energy to update a webpage when both characters may be dead in the next ep. If both characters have last names in the credits, it doesn't matter about the character page imo.
Old 2009-10-17, 10:14   Link #138
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Maybe they didn't want to waste the energy to update a webpage when both characters may be dead in the next ep. If both characters have last names in the credits, it doesn't matter about the character page imo.
You miss the point. Regardless of being sacrificial or not, logically you would not put any effort into giving a minor character who only appears in one or two episodes a full name unless you have a reason, like if they were central to the plot of those particular episodes. Tanya had her last name on the website the moment it went up, Nika didn't have his and still doesn't. It's as if Nika's last name is an afterthought only to serve this episode.
Old 2009-10-17, 10:26   Link #139
RGB

DtB2 now with 10% more butchered Russian alphabet. Despite occasional screw ups, it's nice to see some background details. Markings on a police car clued me in that the story takes place in Vladivostok and not at undisclosed location in Siberia. Why did I miss that in the first episode?
Also lol at coonskin caps on the Russian intelligence operatives.

OP wasn't very memorable and the jokes felt a bit out of place, but action wise this was a good episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Q: How can you so something (touch my breasts) like that so calmly?!
A: Because I'm a Contractor.
^Actual line in episode (mostly)

Conclusion: If you become a Contractor, you get to molest younger girls all you want.
Now then, how to become a Contractor... *goes to Google*
Water-boarding was just the tip of the iceberg. How low will CIA go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
... Kinda wondering why a bunch of kids have guns like that in a secret hideout though, found them cheap after the Soviet Union collapsed I guess?
More likely that Nika dug it up in some abandoned military base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekori View Post
Technically and realistically just "Aiming" doesn't make you a good shot, especially with a freaking Anti-Tank Riffle. There's a lot of math that needs to be taken considered when taking a shot, wind pressure, bullet velocity, and stuff like that. So far as we know, Suou is a complete amateur though we have no idea on how she will develop in a combat role. Modern day snipers are often teams of two and there is no romantic lone sniper as many people would think. But I do expect Hei will play excellent combat support when/if there are situations when she has to take a delicate shot. But I'm not holding my breath

But of course, this is a fictional story and reality was tossed out of the window long ago so who knows with Suou being a good shooter.
Or when the mood strikes you can flip open a booklet that lists adjustments needed to offset any given weather conditions.

Spoiler for Next episode speculations:
Old 2009-10-17, 11:16   Link #140
Joe_fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
So in a way they're working with Misaki? The're doing some changes if they use contractors this time around. So why didn't they just kill Hei if they wanted to take Suou. Strange since they could do it if they tired.

And about Suou sniping stuff. Well she's a photographer which I must say takes a lot of pacience especially if you photofraph animals which seems to be the case.
Next up is how she can use the anti-tank rifle to snipe...well she did kinda of get Hei's power or somthing similar which is not clear yet so all those things like calculating wind speed,trajectory and going around with a ~15kg rifle might won't matter if her ability covers most of those right? Ans since she get's her contractor power from Hei she won't actually become one. She'll be like him only having the powers.

Oh and the rifle belonged to Nika's father. Another thing is that it fell apart the moment Suou tried to pick it up so you can say that it was only good for decoration at that point. I wonder who'll restore it.

Either way there a lot of old weapons around all over the world that can't move,shoot and do anything so no one bothers with them. Plus that's a WWII rifle so I don't see how one could stop you from taking it after the war. I mean there were so many soldiers back then so a couple of thousand rifles wound't be missed by anyone. So I imagine it was quite easy to take one at that time especially considering all the abandoned weapons after major military withdrawals during that war.
Closed Thread