AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-11-28, 21:42   Link #2901
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

Does Kirito ever create an Original Sword Skill ALO like Absolute Yuuki's 11 hit combo?
Old 2012-11-28, 22:10   Link #2902
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukiyomi View Post
Does Kirito ever create an Original Sword Skill ALO like Absolute Yuuki's 11 hit combo?
yes he did

Spoiler:
Old 2012-11-28, 22:30   Link #2903
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
he create it till "Star Burst Stream"
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 23:04   Link #2904
aschele

Quote:
From http://taptaptaptaptap.wordpress.com...ao-qna-kirito/

Quote:
Q. What kinds of techniques are those OSSs that you developed?
A. I just reproduced some of the Dual Blades sword skills from the old SAO.
Quote:
Q. So, have you really been developing an OSS for Dual Blades?
A. I reproduced three of them and that took up all of my energy.
Quote:
Q. Can you still use the strongest Dual Blades technique with its 27 combo hits, “The Eclipse”? (it’s fine even if it’s through OSS)
A. At the moment, I’m going through hell trying to reproduce “Starburst Stream”.
From http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki...al_Sword_Skill

Quote:
Known Original Sword Skills
Volcanic Blazer: 8-hit - created by Salamander General Eugene. It is known to be the strongest OSS.
Mother's Rosario: 11-hit - created by Absolute Sword Yuuki.
Starry Tear: 5-hit - created by Asuna.
Deadly Sins: 7-hit - created by Kirito. He used it to slice magic attacks.
Howling Octave: 8-hit - created by Kirito.
Savage Fulcrum: 3-hit - created by Kirito.
^^ These are mentioned/ used in Mother's Rosario and the Caliber side-story, I believe

And then apparently, as previously mentioned,

Spoiler for Web Novel:
aschele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 23:25   Link #2905
Divini
Senpai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aschele View Post
Spoiler for Web Novel:
Did he actually create it or was it already part of the system?
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 00:03   Link #2906
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
already in system since admin could read that move
Old 2012-11-29, 00:10   Link #2907
Tenoia
Leaps and Bounds Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
I would say that it was part of the system. I have no idea whether or not it's even possible to create a new skill in the UW. Besides, given the supposed difficulty of creating a 10-hit skill, I'm not sure how Kirito would have found the time to create and perfect it.
Tenoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 00:38   Link #2908
iqamores

umh, we dont know the UW sistem plenty enough, is like ALO? or is like SAO?, or both. well wathever, the administrator has her "allmigthy GM i own iu powa", speaking of the administrator, her look was like 16 years old?, the 25 + have their advantages. for example ...
Spoiler for this example. dont worry, is something goodand nice:

if she done this Eugeo will been one hit KO.
Old 2012-11-29, 01:36   Link #2909
aschele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenoia View Post
I would say that it was part of the system. I have no idea whether or not it's even possible to create a new skill in the UW. Besides, given the supposed difficulty of creating a 10-hit skill, I'm not sure how Kirito would have found the time to create and perfect it.

Not disputing you, since we really don't know the UW's system enough and we don't have a complete, officially published story to answer our questions yet, but I wonder if the ~Power of Imagination~ could come into play.

Of course, at this point all we have is speculation, as always. ^_^;;
aschele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 08:11   Link #2910
M.A.D

^I think Nova Ascension would have been an existing skill of the system. Vorpal Strike was said to be Kirito's favourite because it doubled the sword's reach, but I don't remember it was ever said that it was the longest single-handed sword skill there is.

Furthermore, creating an OSS was already hard enough as an added feature that only ALO has, with the system already complying with your actions. It can only be harder if Kirito has to strain his mind trying to hack the system while doing it, too.
M.A.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 16:38   Link #2911
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

But Kirito did remark that these were High Level skills he never show Eugeo. If they were skills learn in UW, Eugeo should know them as well.
Old 2012-11-29, 17:57   Link #2912
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
But Kirito did remark that these were High Level skills he never show Eugeo. If they were skills learn in UW, Eugeo should know them as well.
it's not like Kirito hide it from eugeo, it's just that he didn't show it to him yet
Old 2012-11-29, 17:59   Link #2913
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNine View Post
it's not like Kirito hide it from eugeo, it's just that he didn't show it to him yet
Did Eugeo ask him to show it?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 18:02   Link #2914
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Did Eugeo ask him to show it?
Eugeo ask Kirito to teach him sword skills.

And Kirito was using his Aincrad Swordskills in UW.
Old 2012-11-29, 18:06   Link #2915
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNine View Post
I don't know. Kirito did mention he felt Eugeo had more potential than him, and it was both exiting and frightening. So who knows, maybe he did practice those moves in secret because he felt he would be left behind. Besides Kirito is a bit self-centered and needs to feel he's the strongest and whatnot...
Old 2012-11-29, 21:52   Link #2916
sky black swordman

^ Really ? But didn't he once tell Suguha when he introduced her to Asuna(Still trapped in ALO), that she was stronger then him.
Old 2012-11-29, 22:01   Link #2917
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ Really ? But didn't he once tell Suguha when he introduced her to Asuna(Still trapped in ALO), that she was stronger then him.
It's not literal....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 23:28   Link #2918
M.A.D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I don't know. Kirito did mention he felt Eugeo had more potential than him, and it was both exiting and frightening. So who knows, maybe he did practice those moves in secret because he felt he would be left behind. Besides Kirito is a bit self-centered and needs to feel he's the strongest and whatnot...
It's the same thing. Whether Kirito practiced by himself or not, he would definitely have shown it to Eugeo and try to surpass his friend with his own strength.

I think Kirito was teaching Eugeo skills with increasing difficulty, and only start teaching a new skill after Eugeo had mastered the previous one. In that case, Eugeo hasn't gotten up to the strongest skills yet, which makes him a slower learner than Kirito since they both had 2 years to learn those same skills.
Old 2012-11-30, 00:05   Link #2919
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.D View Post
which makes him a slower learner than Kirito since they both had 2 years to learn those same skills.
I don't know. Unlike Eugeo, Kirito is aware that the whole thing is just a system and not real, so he knows what to expect and what to do to learn new things and stuff. Besides, what you said would contradict Kirito's own assessment of Eugeo being more talented than him (and this was inner monologue, so I don't think it was his usual lip service).

All in all, I'm not sure he would have shown these things to Eugeo.
Old 2012-11-30, 05:36   Link #2920
M.A.D

^It's not the same for learning new stuffs, though. Kirito learned everything he knew from an RPG, which means that skill trees and quest logs are laid out for him as long as he has the level to take them. He didn't need to do any sort of research or try every possible angles to figure out what sword skill he could perform and their level requirement.

Further more, as a former SAO player who maxed his sword skills, it's possible to assume that he had already learned every single sword skills existing in the system (For his particular branch, One-handed twin-edges swords and Dual Blades). Another point is that UW's current Sword Skill systems is far less advance than Kirito's, with only Admin and Cardinal being the exception.

So, I'm just saying that Kirito couldn't have learned new Sword Skills while he's in UW.

And as a person, he would have at least taught Eugeo the sword moves, even if he's learning new ones. Kirito was a lot of things, but a stingy person is not one of them, and using underhanded method like keeping information away from his best friend to keep himself the stronger one is not how he does things.

I have no comment about who's more talented though.

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality