AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-06, 18:33   Link #5981
Gravitas Free Zone

Still doesn't help with the times that the aiming circle is only a bit bigger than the target and the shot goes into the edge of the circle... because it can.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 18:41   Link #5982
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I wonder why they're nerfing artillery again. It's hard enough to even aim with these things on a good day, and now they're increasing aim time AND increasing the randomness too? Cripes, and I thought that the people on the RU servers loved arty (versus NA which hates artillery with a burning passion)?

Unrelated, but I didn't notice a place to post our usual play times in the MUP social group, just in case people want to set up platoons ahead of time.
Old 2013-05-06, 18:58   Link #5983
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

good luck wit that teru, cuz i play on random times now.

anyways i've seen the bad and the good in arty, makes me think WoT isn't tryin to solve this issue, its like givin the Maus more hp, thats lame, the maus needs a better gun, less hp, slightly better turret traverse.

seriously when ever i play the maus i'm loosing over 10k and not even using gold, the repairs alone cost more than what i make in the round more than half the time.

I mean its worst than playing my E4 and loosing about 7- 10k a round, but that think has almost an 18 sec reload, and its pen ability is alot better. the Maus is about the same reload spd of the T34, but at least teh T34 can pen or dmg most the tanks in its own tier. but then again i'm not the best Maus player.
Old 2013-05-06, 19:04   Link #5984
Gravitas Free Zone

Tier 10 isn't about making money in pubs, it's about making gold in Clan Wars. And making WG hideously rich.

Arty, supertest, etc.:

Supertest rumors are still rumors, though they do seem to implement some harebrained stuff sometimes.

I told an arty player the other day, "No one plays arty for the praise." You're good, you get yelled at. You're bad, you get yelled at. You exist, you get yelled at. Adding on RNG, vulnerability, and tiny maps does not help. Finally, there's the idiotic matchmaking system. The people that manage to become decent with SPGs have put in a lot of effort, but the reason that 90% of SPG players seem to be totally irrelevant to the game is not entirely their own fault.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 19:06   Link #5985
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Yep, anything above tier 8 is generally considered a loss resources-wise even when playing normally. Its why I'm loathe in general to use my E-75 (bad teams proliferating in pubs at that tier aside). Yesterday's 3-game streak with RRW and Darjeeling was pretty much exactly what I always dread in tier 9+ matches, sheesh...

And Touma dear, given the fact that you've unequivocally said you're not platooning unless you feel like it, I'm not expecting anything from you.
Old 2013-05-06, 19:16   Link #5986
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Tier 10 isn't about making money in pubs, it's about making gold in Clan Wars. And making WG hideously rich.
If only the selection of tier 10 tanks suitable for clan wars wasn't so limited. I'm already thinking of delaying my researching of the British TD line (ending in the FV215b 183) to focus on working towards a more viable tier 10 tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I told an arty player the other day, "No one plays arty for the praise." You're good, you get yelled at. You're bad, you get yelled at. You exist, you get yelled at. Adding on RNG, vulnerability, and tiny maps does not help. Finally, there's the idiotic matchmaking system. The people that manage to become decent with SPGs have put in a lot of effort, but the reason that 90% of SPG players seem to be totally irrelevant to the game is not entirely their own fault.
They do get praise, but that's when they manage to kill several enemies in TD mode when in a pinch.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 19:35   Link #5987
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Myssa [do you prefer Myssa or Teru?]: I don't have a specific time. I actually went online yesterday again because I figured you'd need a derp platoonmate by that time (and I was right ).

Note though that those are late night/early morning times for people on Pacific Time, so it's a little harder to do for working weekdays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
They do get praise, but that's when they manage to kill several enemies in TD mode when in a pinch.
I do praise arty from time to time when they do something good, like aiming for the enemies that matter and help take down top tier heavies in a crucial brawl, or when we coordinate and do something awesome.

Those are times when I appreciated strategic fire support which helped my undergunned medium challenge the heavies. It was tactical play -- i.e. skill. In that role, arty is a very effective equalizer -- otherwise the nerf-proof KV-1S cowards will just win every damned game [frankly, I think I'll quit TC at this point; no, I don't like what my dear E8 is being put through], and non-Chaffee, non-autoloader scouts will be rendered completely useless except for bush-camping at Campinovka.

Random single shot bombardments of doom are not nearly so elegant. Nor are the RNG hells arty players are put through.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 19:36   Link #5988
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I do praise arty from time to time when they do something good, like aiming for the enemies that matter and help take down top tier heavies in a crucial brawl, or when we coordinate and do something awesome.
I remember when we were pinned down by that Unicum M4 yesterday. I was SO happy that the artillery nailed him before he took us down singlehandedly.
Old 2013-05-06, 19:41   Link #5989
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I remember when we were pinned down by that Unicum M4 yesterday. I was SO happy that the artillery nailed him before he took us down singlehandedly.
He was actually hiding at a very good angle, with essentially only one vulnerable fire lane -- which means our arty did know enough to move and reposition to get that shot in.

We could actually have won the challenge, if it wasn't for the Alecto that was positioned on the other side also pinning us down. Otherwise, he would have taken one of us down, then the other would blast him a superHEATed revenge on the spot.

So arty saved us the trouble of facing Mr. Purple (but yeah, purple M4s are really scary).
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 20:47   Link #5990
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

well playing arty you need to know which target takes priority then sort out which ones you can hit before moving to relocate if needed, most of the time arty is in the same spot, i mean when i played arty, I do dmg than kill, and i ignore comments when i'm playing arty, cuz i'm looking at the mini at the same time in sniper mode..... rarely as arty they have time to look at the chat.
Old 2013-05-06, 21:03   Link #5991
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I had fun playing my Bison for a while...then I upgraded to Sturmpanzer II and since then I don't think it has ever put me in a single match that did not include Tier 6 tanks. That stopped being fun really fast.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 21:34   Link #5992
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
That stopped being fun really fast.
Artillery are like scouts, and see matches above and beyond their supposed tier levels. And yes, it's definitely not fun especially in higher tier matches.
Old 2013-05-06, 21:35   Link #5993
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

well of course it won't be fun if your not good at it and if you get crap teams, I haven't played my M41 and Hummel in about a month.
Old 2013-05-06, 23:05   Link #5994
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
well of course it won't be fun if your not good at it and if you get crap teams, I haven't played my M41 and Hummel in about a month.
I gave up on arty and sold everything.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 23:09   Link #5995
Sumeragi
Banned

I haven't bothered going up the artillery line. I'll be dumping free experience to research the lot.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 23:28   Link #5996
LeoXiao
思想工作

I find arty quite boring tbh. You sit and wait around, miss some, hit a few, and either die at the very end because your team sucked or do okay but without the satisfaction of actually being there to kill the enemy.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 23:38   Link #5997
aldw

Once War Thunder's tank line goes active, I'll definitely try that given the more real-life sim modes available rather than the constant nerf and buff shenanigans WG seems fond of.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-06, 23:50   Link #5998
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

but it a client-side game, there are already a lots of hack now.
Old 2013-05-06, 23:51   Link #5999
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Depends on where your at. i've spent 43k xp to finish the S51, not sure if i get it tho. As for warthunder it will be a long time before they add tanks. right now wot and wt are incomparable.

Also i've been spend too much xp that it taking forever to get the T57H. when i do get it research i'll be askin Dai for the gifts she owes me so i can buy the T57H.

I've been think wot has hackers since i've been losing alot the past month.
Old 2013-05-07, 00:16   Link #6000
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
Once War Thunder's tank line goes active, I'll definitely try that given the more real-life sim modes available rather than the constant nerf and buff shenanigans WG seems fond of.
You obviously don't know just how messed up War Thunder is. Any biased individual that thinks WT will replace WoT needs to take off their tinted glasses.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks